Legendary Archer: Lucina

Poimagic

4 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Blue Archer Lucina. Her Assist skill should be exclusive to her, looks to good to be honest. I'm also excited to see LA!Lilina and Azura. Fortunately I already have all the colorless from this banner, I could save there a few orbs.

Future Vision is likely exclusive.

Pretty much all of the special skills introduced from Legendaries have been exclusive.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I don't really care too much for Lucina, so I have little urge to pull for her. I am also not fond of their decision to fill the coloured archer ranks with lords only vaguely connected to bows in canon. Guess they don't think the actual archers are popular enough, aside from maybe Takumi. But I suspect (and hope) it'll be a while before he gets another alt. I even saw someone say that bows are an important part of Lyn's character, so I am guessing the marketing works and they now have more popular "archers" to make them sweet cash. 

Anyway, as for priorities:

Red: 1. L!Ryouma (want), 2. Nyamilla (good to have), 3. Horse!Chrom (already have and with good IVs too)

Blue: 1. Ishtar (powerful unit), 2. Aqua (needed for collection), 3. L!Lucina (okay I guess)

Green: LA!Lilina (need a better green tome cav than Cecilia), Chrissa (better IVs), L!Lyn (okay I guess)

Colourless: Kinoka (looking for better bane), Frima (merges), B!Lyn (skill fodder)

Seeing as colourless isn't a huge priority and all the others have at least one unit I don't care for, I'll simply pull all the red orbs on the first session, hoping for Ryouma. If there are none I'll go either blue or green.

13 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I even saw someone say that bows are an important part of Lyn's character, so I am guessing the marketing works and they now have more popular "archers" to make them sweet cash. 

Indeed, bows are such an important part of Lyn's character that she can't use them in her base class. And never so much as looks at Mulagir in FE7. But apparently silly things like canon don't matter lol

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

There are many bow users in the Fire Emblem franchise yes but how many of them would you actually consider worthy of being Legendary? IS kind of shot themselves in the foot by limiting colored bows to Legendary Heroes since only Alm and Lyn are the big shot names that wield bows (after promoting).

There's absolutely nothing saying that they're limiting colored bows to Legendary Heroes.

The problem is that there are so few bows worth considering as colored since it appears they're doing the sensible thing and locking colored bows to bows with magical properties (Mulagir being wind and therefore green, Thogn being light and therefore blue).

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Marth should just grab the Binding Shield and nuke the world with it as the one and only Colorless Tome user. Earthquakes, shadow shields, life heals, defense-nullifying light, stat-buffing stars, and dragon sealing. What more could you ask for? All Marth has to do is ask Merric and Linde how to use the thing.

Picking locks.

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do we know if Future Vision is inheritable? I assume it is not, since Legendary Heroes have at least two exclusive skills, with one being the Weapon. Distant Guard 3 sounds pretty generic and it got a number, so I assume that is inheritable. That just leaves Future Vision being the other exclusive skill.

It's almost certainly locked to her considering its name is an obvious reference to Lucina being from the future. Distant Guard doesn't seem special enough both in its naming and its effect to be uninheritable.

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Indeed, bows are such an important part of Lyn's character that she can't use them in her base class. And never so much as looks at Mulagir in FE7. But apparently silly things like canon don't matter lol

Guess we know what to expect from a FE7 remake now.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So...it's a dagger? I'd be fine with that. Wouldn't mind a Marth that throws his circlet either.

Daggers don't pick locks. Lockpicks do. And so does the Shield of Seals.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

People did complain at the time, and they still criticize the move, chill. If you're swearing about a bunch of pixels called Hector, you mustn't have many problems in your life.

Here's the thing, I don't hate Hector. If anything else I like him, but I like Eliwood a lot more. I should get angry & whine about how Eliwood keeps getting shafted, Rath  & the rest of the Lyndis Legion not being in the game yet while Hector gets another alt of the same color & power creep himself twice. But I didn't, in fact I'm more annoyed  that Hector is the same color again & he's not using Wolf Beil. But going off solely on the backlash Lucina is getting, there can't be Lance wielding Hector or Old Man Hector, because now that means Hector is on his way on becoming a hated unit. Either way your comment made me realize I don't spend enough time posting about I like about Heroes. I got some more reflecting to do.

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

Honestly all this salt is stupid. Legendary heroes = Main characters. That of course include Lyn and Lucina. I think it's OK dislike whole notion of legendary heroes, but if you are fine with eventual legendary Sigurd and Marth you have no right complain about any other hero that fit same criteria as them.

Times like these are why I wish we had a "save comments" feature.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Will this even happen?

Your questioning the possibility of a Legendary Marth?

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

There is a thing called creative liberty you know. Lucina not being allowed to use bows in Heroes is like saying Ness shouldn't be using PSI attacks he didn't use in Earthbound for Smash Bros. I kind of don't want to know what your reaction towards the CYL2 Heroes would be since I am already predicting that at least one of those characters will be using a weapon type they 'canonically' don't use.

I actually have a theory that the reason they gave Lucina a bow is because they only want one Legendary Hero wielding Falchion and they are saving that for Marth...probably.

Everyone already mention why Lucy is using a bow, but it's not like that would've stopped IS to begin with.

Marth better have the Fire Emblem when they release his legendary alt. 20 damn years & they still make him wield Falchion & the Fire Emblem simultaneously

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, lol at the kill against a 30-HP Grima with no weapon.

My eyes might be deceiving me, but it looks like he's 4* haha

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Daggers don't pick locks. Lockpicks do. And so does the Shield of Seals.

I know, but picking locks it typically thief duty. Plus, I think it'd be funny for him to chuck it at his enemies.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Here's the thing, I don't hate Hector. If anything else I like him, but I like Eliwood a lot more. I should get angry & whine about how Eliwood keeps getting shafted, Rath  & the rest of the Lyndis Legion not being in the game yet while Hector gets another alt of the same color & power creep himself twice. But I didn't, in fact I'm more annoyed  that Hector is the same color again & he's not using Wolf Beil. But going off solely on the backlash Lucina is getting, there can't be Lance wielding Hector or Old Man Hector, because now that means Hector is on his way on becoming a hated unit. Either way your comment made me realize I don't spend enough time posting about I like about Heroes. I got some more reflecting to do.

Hector is male, therefore Hector's potential hate gets cut in half.

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

Lyn's trailer getting downvote bombed I could understand. But the fact that Lucina's is getting the same treatment while Hector's didn't is really alarming.

I think a vocal minority are just salty over waifus and do not like the waifu trend in general. As long as GA!Lucina sells well, she will be fine and her fans do not have to worry.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's almost certainly locked to her considering its name is an obvious reference to Lucina being from the future. Distant Guard doesn't seem special enough both in its naming and its effect to be uninheritable.

Oh well. It would be nice if it was inheritable though. I would love to give it to my Reinhardt.

So, I did guess Blue Bow. Shame it wasn't Alm. Lucina had been waiting for a while and her skillset's not bad at all. Her weapon grants more stats against Physical opponents (probably not a magesmasher), Future Vision looks a bit meh.... until you consider how it syncs with WoM (WoNM indeed), Swift Sparrow is Swift Sparrow and granting nearby allies Distant Def 2 is also nice.

As for the others, Red has Ryoma, BKhrom and Newmilla, which is pretty good despite me already having Newmilla.Blue has Legcina, Azura and Ishtar, which is all good barring Azura. Green has L!Lyn, LAlina and CHRISSA, so obviously I want another Chrissa. Or 10. Colourless has F!Grima Kinoka and B!Lyn. If this were a banner where others were less interesting maybe. Not today though.

CHRISSA > Red > Blue > Colourless.

Edited by Dayni

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

So, I did guess Blue Bow. Shame it wasn't Alm.

As for the others, Red has Ryoma, BKhrom and Newmilla, which is pretty good despite me already having Newmilla.Blue has Legcina, Azura and Ishtar, which is all good barring Azura. Green has L!Lyn, LAlina and CHRISSA, so obviously I want another Chrissa. Or 10. Colourless has F!Grima Kinoka and B!Lyn. If this were a banner where others were less interesting maybe. Not today though.

CHRISSA > Red > Blue > Colourless.

I always figured Red Bow would suit Alm better.

I have had enough theatrics.  It's okay to like Lucina/the new banners.  It's okay to dislike them, too.  But be reasonable and respectful about it!

From here on out, anyone that gets overly dramatic about their reactions will be suspended until after the Legendary banner ends!

So, here's my take:

Red - Both fliers are welcome.  Not too excited about Chrom, but I won't say no to merge levels!
Green - I don't have any of those units, and I always like new additions!
Blue - I have Azura and Ishtar, and both serve me well.  The only new unit is Lucina - her kit looks like it should be interesting, but I'm not sold on a bow unit that's somewhere between offense, defense, and utility (pick two at most).  I'll most likely skip these orbs.
Colorless - Brave Lyn was my CYL choice, so eh.  Hinoka and Grima would be most welcome.

Green > Red = Colorless >> Blue

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think a vocal minority are just salty over waifus and do not like the waifu trend in general. As long as GA!Lucina sells well, she will be fine and her fans do not have to worry.

The problem starts with the term "waifu." Female characters may get more love, but they also get exponentially more hate. This isn't unique to FEH, either. It's a really awful misogynistic trend among gaming culture.

EDIT: Is this overly dramatic?

Edited by Florete

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Hector is male, therefore Hector's potential hate gets cut in half.

I would've say that's load of crap, but now I'm not so sure.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Oh well. It would be nice if it was inheritable though. I would love to give it to my Reinhardt.

That's a very vocal minority then. Also is that what we're calling her?

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

It's a really awful misogynistic trend among gaming culture.

What else is new in the gaming community?

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

The problem starts with the term "waifu." Female characters may get more love, but they also get exponentially more hate. This isn't unique to FEH, either. It's a really awful misogynistic trend among gaming culture.

sort of?

Most people treat the waifu thing as a "tongue-in-cheek" thing. It's only in the dark recesses of the internet that treat it as an actual serious thing. 

but yay now i get a shot at completing the NY seasonal set and grabbing Leg Grima, Ishtar, and Bownoka.

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

This isn't unique to FEH, either. It's a really awful misogynistic trend among gaming culture.

I don't think that's really being misogynist. I'm pretty sure it's just that males have a tendency to be more opinionated about their tastes in females and the gaming community is more heavily male.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the yaoi fandom is similarly opinionated about their tastes in males (or at least, that's how I've always seem them portrayed).

Edited by Ice Dragon

I thought people had an issue with legendary Hector too, though. I can't say much for the like/dislike bar on youtube getting spammed, but I thought a good number of people on SF weren't happy about seeing legendary Hector so close to his pending CYL form, and being a green axe armor with Armads again.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Something I did notice that eased my concern was just how many more views there are than like or dislikes.

12 minutes ago, Florete said:

I agree with this, and no, you're not being dramatic. For many male players, the male characters tend to fulfill more of a power fantasy while female characters are far too often made objects of obsession or lust.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't think that's really being misogynist. I'm pretty sure it's just that males have a tendency to be more opinionated about their tastes in females and the gaming community is more heavily male.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the yaoi fandom is similarly opinionated about their tastes in males (or at least, that's how I've always seem them portrayed).

How often do you hear men referred to by parts of their bodies?  Or hear people being derided for their "husbandos"?  How do you know all the strong opinions against female video game characters are solely from men?  When was the last time we got a boobs and butts pose from a man?

This is not something that should be handwaved away - this is an actual issue.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I thought people had an issue with legendary Hector too, though. I can't say much for the like/dislike bar on youtube getting spammed, but I thought a good number of people on SF weren't happy about seeing legendary Hector so close to his pending CYL form, and being a green axe armor with Armads again.

Hector's issues were around his appearance, weapon, and unit type.  I don't think the same holds for Lucina (and Lyn, and Camilla, and. . .).