Legendary Archer: Lucina

Poimagic

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Though I'm wondering why Ike and Ephraim managed to get so few downvotes compared to Ryoma. Alt fatigue, I guess? Both Ike and Ephraim made it in before we got hit by alts in full force (Eirika was implemented before Ike, but Chrom was after Ephraim)..

As mentioned, could be because Ike and Ephraim both lack an army of alts, could be because they are the first non OC legendary heroes, could be because alts wheren producing so much fatigue.... or maybe it isn't something so directly related, like yet another underwhelming FEH channel. Reasons could be any.

Now that I'm noticing, I think it's not only the absence of new OCs legendary heroes, but I don't remember if we had a water legendary hero at all

Edited by Midnox

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Wouldn't mind a Marth that throws his circlet either.

Altean. Tiara. MAGIC!

(With Tiki Moon imitating him with her's)

7 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I know, but picking locks it typically thief duty. Plus, I think it'd be funny for him to chuck it at his enemies.

I was thinking Lucina could do the same with her mask. Nobody falls for the trick anymore, so might as well take advantage of how sharp it looks and throw it around. Just call her "Marth", as in aligning with her Awakening post-Chapter 5 self (I know the mask is broken here, but I'm taking creative liberty), but before she is revealed to be Lucina.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

and axe Hector on a pegasus.

We've canonically had Hector under a pegasus, will that work?

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Oh I'm done trying to be reasonable. It's high time I embrace all that toxicity not just from the Fire Emblem community but the internet as a whole.

You don't have to go that far. If things are suddenly feeling too bad, just step back, take a break, and maybe next time wait a day or two after a big announcement with something possibly controversial. By then, the hot coals on SF should have cooled and you can skip over any post or page of posts that seems toxic. 

I find her title a mix of dumb and hilarious, like glorious archer? Really?

Either way, I don't see her making much of an impact in a meta with DC greens everywhere. Self refresh is a neat gimmick but mobility won't do anything if you can't kill.

Also goddamn, look at all the salt. I thought people would have learned not to get their hopes up for legendary hero reveals at this point.

11 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

As it should be? Lyn beat Lucina for a reason, makes sense that she should have more alts. 

With that said, they both have way too many alts. The fact that it's not Alm is absolutely garbage and both Lyn and Lucina should be ashamed.

This a joke about bringing balance toward to the two in an attempt for peace.

5 hours ago, Raven said:

I would say that the dislike bar on the video is the way it is because of a few factors that've been mentioned already by a few people:

1. It's Awakening, again.
2. It's another Lucina, besides masked Lucina, base Lucina, Spring Lucina, and Brave Lucina.
3. It's not Micaiah, or some other Lord from a less represented game in the series
4. It's not an OC.
5. Ridiculous kit, with Swift Sparrow on a 9th female unit, still locked to 5*.
6. Shameless bait with less than a month to go before the Brave banner lands by appealing to the droves of Awakening fans.

But the CYL2 lacks Awakening characters. If it's bait for them, why should it matter?

4 hours ago, Paris said:

At this point, I think Hector is overly attached to Armands. It wouldn't hurt him to utilize another weapon for an occasion. 

But...the memes.

She's beautiful, omg. My love for her was re-ignited (not that I ever DIDN'T love her, but I've been replacing the poor girl with other characters), so I'm super excited. This actually helps my color balancing issues (if I get her), on my main team, maybe.

But she's beautiful and I love her. And this is why I never complain about Alts, because if it's my favorite character I literally don't care how many alts they throw at me, so give Camilla/Lyn/Hector all the alts you want if it means I get more Lucina/Robin. ;P Also she's a WIND hero and all my favorite characters are wind, so I'm REALLY excited for this life!

But I've spent all my orbs on freaking Olivia (who refuses to come to me), so I'm just gonna have to be careful. I just wasn't expecting to care about the Legendary Banner because I haven't in a while. 

29 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

She's beautiful, omg. My love for her was re-ignited (not that I ever DIDN'T love her, but I've been replacing the poor girl with other characters), so I'm super excited. This actually helps my color balancing issues (if I get her), on my main team, maybe.

But she's beautiful and I love her. And this is why I never complain about Alts, because if it's my favorite character I literally don't care how many alts they throw at me, so give Camilla/Lyn/Hector all the alts you want if it means I get more Lucina/Robin. ;P Also she's a WIND hero and all my favorite characters are wind, so I'm REALLY excited for this life!

But I've spent all my orbs on freaking Olivia (who refuses to come to me), so I'm just gonna have to be careful. I just wasn't expecting to care about the Legendary Banner because I haven't in a while. 

I don't mind about alts either, but I think the normal banner alts should be toned down a little. It's still always fun for other possible fighting styles for characters tho

If anything though, this has at least helped me empathize with Lyn fans. I still don't like having CYL lorded over me (and I still think Legendary Lyn was too close to LA!Lyn), but other than some bad eggs, I suppose we aren't all that different. It's never fun when the hate hammer comes down on your favorites. So, apologies to the Lyn fans out there.

Honestly, I'm just sick of alts in general. There's no need for Lyn and Lucina to have 5 alts apiece (and pointing out neither Ike nor Roy - the two most popular males - even have four if people want to talk about how they're the most popular characters. I don't particularly like either but it can't be denied that overall, Ike got the most votes in CYL 1). I have been increasingly annoyed by Hector and their refusal to do anything unique with him, but that just increases my annoyance at how unfair it is that females often seem to get better treatment in the game than males - more variances, more unique weapons, etc (although we still haven't had a female sword cav or armour or a female bow armour, I guess). Even Takumi was annoying to me - I like him, but heck would I have vastly preferred a summer Jeorge alt rather than the fourth colourless Takumi.

I expect legendaries to be alts and I expected Lucina to get one here, so I'm not going to say much more. I'm more annoyed with the alts in the common pool and the ridiculous male:female ratios in everything (including the lack of free females in ghb/tt, although I'm afraid of this changing due to the constantly uneven banners) than anything. I could do with a break from seasonals, too.

The only character I want in this is an alt in himself, with Chrom, but then I know I would go for Lyn/Lucina if they were characters I liked even on the fifth alt, if I liked their art. It doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see another character more than him, just working with what I'm given. I'm sure it's the same for many fans of FE who like these two... they'll get them and like them but they'd like to see a difference. I know many who want to see more alts of these two which feels a bit greedy but I can't blame them, I guess.

Edited by Cute Chao

to be fair, Lucina has only 2 alts. i mean masked Lucina is stat wise and weapon wise the absolute same as normal Lucina, she just wears a mask. I really dont think that counts as an alt. But I agree i would have rather seen OC implemented then this "abomination"

*eyes roll into the back of my head and die along with my interest in this game*

They couldn't have made this character a preview of an archer unit from Three Houses, huh? All about those dank meme characters, huh? 12 Archers (13 if you wanted a RD AND PoR version of Rolf) from actual Fire Emblem games they haven't even used yet- and that doesn't even count all the enemy archer units- and they opt for name recognition, huh?

Reply to this post with "aren't we a bit salty?" all you want, defend every bad decision the developers make to your dying breath, but this is just unimaginative. I come to the home site for news about the next mainline series title, or maybe an interview with the developer, and it sucks that the regularity of Heroes updates renders the home page a base for the next whale bait unit, and this latest news wouldn't be so pathetic if the lack of originality wasn't addressed before.

I guess this is the new "normal" now, and I guess people get excited for it, and good for them, but honestly? I liked the community better before Heroes came out. Really speaks volumes when it's the fangame makers of this community that generate more original content than the official company.

Edited by Kysafen

21 minutes ago, Kysafen said:

They couldn't have made this character a preview of an archer unit from Three Houses, huh?

You would literally have the most boring character in the game dialogue-wise if they wanted to release an unreleased character half a year before the game is released while trying to avoid giving away spoilers.

I'm honestly not even expecting the Three Houses characters to be implemented at the game's launch for that reason, unlike Echoes, which is a remake of an old game.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm honestly not even expecting the Three Houses characters to be implemented at the game's launch for that reason, unlike Echoes, which is a remake of an old game.

They could double up on the 3H main characters.

Version 1 is themselves at the start of the game, going no further than themselves up to the furthest point the demos and trailers for the game show in detail, this is what their personalities and dialogue are based on. Version 1 packs pre-ultimate weapons as well, whatever they end up being. These are released near 3H's release.

Version 2 are the main characters having acquired their ultimate weapons and gone through the experiences of the entire story of their game, changing their character however much it does. These are released months after 3H comes out, and perhaps not as a single banner, but as individual characters added in at different unrelated times. It will take into consideration any available data on the popularity rankings of the various 3H characters.

This game likes alts, and simply because they are main characters and they will be brand spankin' new, they WILL be popular. One will also probably be stupid, another too perfect, another a donkey, but the opposite side of this is that they will also be heavily loved. More waves of love-hate controversy in characters is inevitable. How many? Well who knows? SoV's controversies aren't many, just the Celica decision, Alm's perfection, Rudolf's plan, and Berkut, none of which for whatever intensity they had, are as bad as other controversies related to things like Fates.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I also don't like the choice of LuCena. But I guess they just give me an easy time to stockpile more orbs.
At the moment I find it easy to skip banner, because I don't have that many characters that I truly want to pull and they are still hiding somewhere in the future.
I just pull sometimes for the reason that my barracks don't fall asleep.

Edited by Stroud

5 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

No offence, but you kind of have to get over it. People are complaining, for at least in their opinion, justified reasons. They're not complaining for fun, they're complaining because they're unhappy with designs made by IS.

Obviously, when people aren't happy, they're going to complain. And evidently, a lot of people are unhappy with certain aspects of Lucina's release considering she has the worst like-dislike ratio since the games inception. Heck, it's not even limited to Lucina's release, even the FEH channel had a significant dislike ratio due to the (IMO) frustrating arena changes. 

Obviously, no one is above complaining. I know I'm not, but it just annoying now how frequent it is with this game. Doesn't matter how valid or how much you understand it, it just irritating to hear in general. The way people go about it makes it sound like it's as bad as Canas's stats are when one of them is cosmetic & other is actually about gameplay & the character.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You don't have to go that far. If things are suddenly feeling too bad, just step back, take a break, and maybe next time wait a day or two after a big announcement with something possibly controversial. By then, the hot coals on SF should have cooled and you can skip over any post or page of posts that seems toxic. 

That just it, I've on been numerous websites that's nothing but a saltmine. It doesn't matter how many time I ignore & filter it out, it's just prevalent. It's time like these I ask myself am I regressing? I'm not brown nosing this, Serene Forest is undoubtedly better most forums out there , but there too many times it looks like the best thing I can do as a Fire Emblem fan is just not interacting with my peers at all.

For this one I've not had the energy to care so much. The overall banner units are pretty good for me so I'm happy there, and yeah I'm a little sad this isn't Alm (Call future sight Milas Turnwheel and it would have worked) but whatever the top characters are going to get 5 alts and theres nothing my upset will change about that. At least Lucina hasn't had an alt since her Brave unit unlike Lyn.

1 hour ago, Kysafen said:

All about those dank meme characters, huh? 12 Archers (13 if you wanted a RD AND PoR version of Rolf) from actual Fire Emblem games they haven't even used yet- and that doesn't even count all the enemy archer units- and they opt for name recognition, huh?

Outside of the Nifl sisters, every Legendary Hero so far has been a main character, so I assume they are not going to introduce non protagonists via Legendary Foci.

While it can be argued Chrom and Robin are the main protagonists, Lucina is still pretty prominent.

1 hour ago, Kysafen said:

defend every bad decision the developers make to your dying breath

That is subjective. Just because the developers cater to other people instead of you does not automatically mean their decision is bad.

34 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

there too many times it looks like the best thing I can do as a Fire Emblem fan is just not interacting with my peers at all.

I agree that it is best to take a break from the salt sometimes. However, you do not have shut down interaction completely. For example, I recently go to Far From the Forest a lot to take a break from Heroes while still enjoying the interaction.

Ah, Lucina! She's one of my favorite characters from the franchise, so I'm happy to see her again. Sadly, pulling for Tana has left my orb supplies in a sorry state, and I really wish I had stopped pulling after my 8th pity-breaker (yes, I had 8 pity-breakers, and now hold much resentment for that banner now, especially since I never did pull Tana). But I'll probably throw what little orbs I do have at it, since both Lucina and Ishtar would be happy pulls for me.

17 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Can I just say that I really like her art? Not going to have the resources to do any real pulling on this banner, but at the very least, I do think she's gorgeous. I'd like to have her someday.

No, you cannot say such a thing...! Kidding aside, I think her art looks really good too. I think her animation looks great as well. Thankfully, the Legendary Heroes make regular reappearances, so here's to hoping she shows up someday!

15 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Considering she dropped off the face of the Earth pretty much for over half a year, I'm worried IS somehow thinks she isn't popular anymore. Something the downvote bombers don't help with.

14 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Glad to see Lucina get a Legendary Alt. It was honestly kind of overdue given her popularity, though the dislike bar definitely does make me worried.

Her base kit looks really strong, though I'm a bit sad its more generically powerful than a unit like L!Lyn, or Gunthra, who I felt had more fun, experimental kits. Hoping that IS at least spices up her statline so she isn't just a generic offensive unit.

12 hours ago, Florete said:

Lyn's trailer getting downvote bombed I could understand. But the fact that Lucina's is getting the same treatment while Hector's didn't is really alarming.

I don't normally hit the Like buttons on these videos, since I don't want Youtube to fill my recommendations with FEH stuff, but I made an exception for this one, since the downvote response is even stronger than it was for Lyn's. I thought Lyn's release was too close to the LA alt, but Lucina hasn't gotten anything since CYL. I might send some positive feedback in game as well. A Legendary Lucina was certain to come around sometime, so I find the backlash to be a bit much. Will the eventual Legendary Chrom receive such a reception? We all know that he's eventually going to show up, and that'll be his fifth alt too.

14 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

For the Lucina fans, have fun getting merges/IVs! This is something Lyn fans have to deal with on top of the number of alts.

Thanks! But really, just getting one copy (preferably with a good nature!) would be enough for me!

14 hours ago, Kozac said:

For those who don't like Lucina getting an another alt, don't worry IS will release Lyn dancer to comfort us for the next legendary banner. 

That would be refreshing... *wink*

10 hours ago, Lau said:

I'm fine with Lucina. She gorgeous, and that attack animation!

So I'll be pulling for L!Lucina, Exalt Chrom and LA Lilina.

Indeed! Good luck to both of us!

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m more wondering why Hector didn’t get as many downvotes, twice. Twice he failed to bring anything new to the table, still staying a boring axe knight with a boring Armads, and yet he’s adored. Lyn and Lucina all bring variance to teams and they are reviled.

I agree, I find the Legendary Hector to be much more objectionable, since he's so similar to his other two iterations. I think Hector deserves better.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is why I call new Lucina Lucina#4, not Lucina#5. Masked Marth is not an alt of Lucina.

And here I thought I was the only one who doesn't really consider Masked Marth to be a true alt of Lucina! Masked Marth is literally just a reskin of the original.

3 hours ago, Sunsurge said:

Isn't she though? It's good to see some positivity alive in these salt mines.

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Ah, Lucina! She's one of my favorite characters from the franchise, so I'm happy to see her again. Sadly, pulling for Tana has left my orb supplies in a sorry state, and I really wish I had stopped pulling after my 8th pity-breaker (yes, I had 8 pity-breakers, and now hold much resentment for that banner now, especially since I never did pull Tana). But I'll probably throw what little orbs I do have at it, since both Lucina and Ishtar would be happy pulls for me.

Ah, so you too were hit by Tana. Really, I shouldn't have pulled after getting Cordelia, but...I was weak.

6 minutes ago, Astellius said:

You have my sympathy. I don't remember how many off banner pity breakers I had going for Tana, but it was way too many. Not 8 though, and I did eventually get her. So I am definitely in a much better spot than you are!

24 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Omggg, that's how I feel about Flier!Olivia. I've gotten 5 pity breakers so far on her and now Lucina has to show up and dash all my hopes and dreams because every single orb I get now is going to Lucina.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I agree that it is best to take a break from the salt sometimes. However, you do not have shut down interaction completely. For example, I recently go to Far From the Forest a lot to take a break from Heroes while still enjoying the interaction.

Maybe I should try that out, thank you for the suggestion. Seems you're always giving out sound advice

I can't really be mad about Lucina getting a legendary version, we all knew this would happen eventually ever since they released L!Ike.

I just hate the concept of legendary heroes but no doubt IS would try to sneak these alts into regular banners instead if legendary banners where a thing 

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Ah, so you too were hit by Tana. Really, I shouldn't have pulled after getting Cordelia, but...I was weak.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

You have my sympathy. I don't remember how many off banner pity breakers I had going for Tana, but it was way too many. Not 8 though, and I did eventually get her. So I am definitely in a much better spot than you are!

1 hour ago, Sunsurge said:

Omggg, that's how I feel about Flier!Olivia. I've gotten 5 pity breakers so far on her and now Lucina has to show up and dash all my hopes and dreams because every single orb I get now is going to Lucina.

Thanks for the support! Summer Tana certainly was a graveyard for my orbs, costing probably over 400 of them, and it was extremely frustrating not to get her with all of that. That's definitely a low point in my gacha experience, especially since I'm F2P. So it goes, and my sympathies for you guys as well. But here's to hoping that I've expended my bad luck at this point! We'll see how rolling for Lucina turns out, even with my tired supply of orbs... Good luck to all of you as well!

9 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Thanks for the support! Summer Tana certainly was a graveyard for my orbs, costing probably over 400 of them, and it was extremely frustrating not to get her with all of that. That's definitely a low point in my gacha experience, especially since I'm F2P. So it goes, and my sympathies for you guys as well. But here's to hoping that I've expended my bad luck at this point! We'll see how rolling for Lucina turns out, even with my tired supply of orbs... Good luck to all of you as well!

Probably better than my paltry 77 orbs. And I hear legendary banners can be terrible. Best of luck to us both.