Rate the Unit, Seasonals & Legendaries. Oct. 26 - Nov 2: Niles (Forbidden Tease), and Kagero (Beverage Ninja)

LordFrigid

Halloween Nowi. She focuses on Atk/Spd with above average Res and a dump on Def. H!Nowi is a very simple unit at first glance. Her job is to hit hard and she appreciates a +Atk nature to further increase her power or a +Spd nature to go for a sweeper role. Her bulk is low so tanking is not an option, although her decent Res allows her to try doing Ploy support if one uses skills that boost her base. Now then, H!Nowi isn't that great statwise but she makes up for it by being a red flying mage which is a class she shares only with S!Tana. Tana is the superior option when it comes to generic builds, luckily for H!Nowi she has a niche as a teleporter thanks to her Prf tome, Grimoire, which lets Nowi move to any adjacent space of an ally within 2 spaces. This doesn't boost Nowi's combat potential at all but it can make for some nasty shenanigans in the AI hands. All in all, Nowi is a strong unit but she's been outclassed recently by a more min-maxed unit.

Rating: 7.5/10

Halloween Henry. Good to great stats in everything but Hp/Def. H!Henry is a very fun unit statwise. He decides to drop the heavy physical bulk that most armor units have and instead goes for a complete magic tank role, which shows by his high Spd and Res. Thanks to his distribution H!Henry can be a very powerful PP armor and despite having low Def he can easily patch it up with an Owl tome and Ward Armor stacking so he's not as frail as he'd seem at first glance. Of course he also has access to the ever broken Bold Fighter and if you combine this with a Blade tome...Well, let's just say that very little will survive such a beastly combo. H!Henry's main weakness comes from his pathetic Hp (for an armor) which means he won't be tanking more than 3~4 hits or less when factoring special triggers. Despite this H!Henry still stands as one of the best units in the game, although he faces tough competition from the Hectors and M!Grima when it comes to the green armor slot.

Rating: 8.5/10

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowi: 7.4, Henry: 8.1.

Day 12

Jakob, Devoted Monster

Spoiler

Max Stats:
38/42/45
32/35/38
20/23/26
30/33/36
29/32/35

Base Skills:
Monstrous Bow+
( - )

Bracing Blow 2
Wary Fighter 3
( - )

Sakura, Gentle Nekomata

Spoiler

Max Stats:
30/33/36
29/32/35
31/34/37
11/14/18
31/34/37

Base Skills:
Kitty Paddle+
( - )
Glacies

Warding Stance 3
Guard 3
Dagger Valor 3

Monstrous Jakob - There are 4 Bows with max attack. And of those 4 units only a single one of them can guarantee a quad with a brave bow. Not only that this monster had enough foresight to nearly completely dump his spd stat so he had plenty of points to dump elsewhere. Probably the best offensive archer in the game. And his mixed bulk is such that he can even be a defensive threat with either Vengeful or Wary. 9.5/10. This guy is a monster and as a colorless unit he can easily round out any armor team. In fact he is getting a bit of a bonus from me simply due to being the only colorless armor.

Neko - 32/34 is a rather modest offensive statline. 33/34 is a rather modest mage tanking statline for a colorless. With 14 defense she has the distinction of being the dagger with the most min-maxed defense. Problem is she didn't pick anything to focus on. So she is just modest all around. Making matters worse her dagger has no refinement. However, being kind of middling does mean that you can choose how you want to use her. One shot builds focused on Kitty Paddle and Poison Dagger and perhaps the new daggers? are possible with attack stacking. With speed stacking she can be a speedy threat and res stacking for mage tanking. . . well ok Felicia just plain does that better. Actually if you want a dagger, Felicia just tends to outperform our little Neko all the way around. But it isn't just Felicia who bests her. We also have Kaze with Gen 2 bst who basically traded 2 attack for 2 speed. Which is a pretty good trade for a mage counter. Or basically of the three high res daggers she is the slowest, has the lowest hp and defense, and ties for least res with Kaze. Unfortunately that means I can't give her a super high rating. Most of the time you will use someone else. 7/10. Cute as a button, but a bit too balanced to stand out amoung her competition.

8 minutes ago, Usana said:

Monstrous Jakob - There are 4 Bows with max attack. And of those 4 units only a single one of them can guarantee a quad with a brave bow. Not only that this monster had enough foresight to nearly completely dump his spd stat so he had plenty of points to dump elsewhere. Probably the best offensive archer in the game. And his mixed bulk is such that he can even be a defensive threat with either Vengeful or Wary. 9.5/10. This guy is a monster and as a colorless unit he can easily round out any armor team. In fact he is getting a bit of a bonus from me simply due to being the only colorless armor.

There's a couple things I disagree with, I personally still think Brave Lyn is the best unit in the game, but the majority of this is exactly my thoughts. Jakob is FANTASTIC and I'd rate him a 9/10

As for Sakura, there's nothing that really makes her standout. She's basically just your average dagger user...just seasonal. She's not terrible, but she'll need just as much investment. 5/10

Jakob - His offensive stats scream "BRAVE BOW"  Wary Fighter makes it extremely hard for things to ORKO him, which is good, because his mobility is questionable.  He can also run a Guard Bow and Close Counter.  Or stick with his own bow and sow panic among the ranks.  Armors make for pretty good mixed tanks thanks to Wary Fighter, and Jakob being colorless means that he can bait the vast majority of the cast and get away with it.  His biggest weakness is his movement type, because archers like being mobile, and he is anything but.  8/10

Sakura - 32/34 was good when she was released, but then power creep happened, and now she's somewhere in the middle.  Her entire schtick is to bait mages and make them cry, which she does a good job of.  Trying to use her outside of that niche is painful, though.  And heaven forbid if she walks into range of a physical attack!  But then there's Jaffar, who can attack mages and burst down health indirectly (the latter which isn't dependent on the opponent being a mage).  I prefer player phase units, so Sakura gets a 7/10 for being good at the one thing she wants to do.

Edited by eclipse

H!Jakob. High stats on everything but Spd. H!Jakob looks simple at first glance. He's a tank that applies an AoE panic in order to tank more and his stat spread helps him with this, but focusing on that role is a mistake. H!Jakob is one of, if not the most scary archer in the game with proper investment. He has no Spd? Who cares, he can use Bold Fighter to double you anyways! He can't counter melees? Give him Close Counter and now he can! Jakob has a ton of flexibility in his builds, he can use a Guard Bow to become the ultimate range tank or he can become the most frightening PP archer with a Brave Bow+. His mixed bulk is ridiculous which means he won't care too much about damage before factoring special triggers. His main weakness is that he can't do everything at once, if he chooses to be a PP unit then he'll be easy to take out by melee units and if he goes for a tank build then his damage will take a huge hit. Regardless, H!Jakob is one of the strongest units in the game and if you don't treat him seriously he'll be the end of your arena run. Bonus points because Def tiles makes him practically immortal.

Rating: 9.5/10 (I wanted to give him a 10 but Black Luna still makes Zelgius the ultimate unit)

H!Sakura (Sakunya). She has an offensive spread with a focus on Spd/Res and a dump on Def. Sakura is yet another case of a unit with great stats that is held back by her class. Luckily for her, the new banner has granted her a new use as an anti-type unit. Her high Res can be used alongside Def Ploy to soften enemies enough to let Sakunya deal massive amounts of damage to them and her good Spd will let her avoid doubles from the vast number of armor units if she chooses to go the anti-armour route. Keep in mind that armors are extremely bulky so you'll have to forgo the ability to double by running Windsweep because Sakunya has no physical def so she'll get one shot by DC armors (which are basically all of them). Sakunya faces steep competition from Kagero in this role but her higher Spd and Res lets her have her own spot in the class. All in all, as a dagger unit she still has a lot of issues but thankfully she can be in a better spot now.

Rating: 7/10 (I really should increase the rating of every dagger with a 30+ Atk stat)

Jakob: 9, Sakura: 6.5

Day 13

Fjorm, Princess of Ice

Spoiler

Max Stats:
35/39/42
26/30/33
28/31/34
26/30/33
31/34/37

Base Skills:
Leiptr
( - )
Ice Mirror

Atk/Def Bond 3
Shield Pulse 3
Drive Atk 2

Tharja, "Normal Girl"

Spoiler

Max Stats:
40/43/46
31/34/37
14/18/21
31/34/37
33/36/39

Base Skills:
Candelabra+
( - )
Glacies

Close Counter
Vengeful Fighter 3
R Tome Valor 3

Fjorm - She's a legendary, I guess?  DC on her weapon is cool, and her skillset is primed for her to immediately bait a ranged attacker.  She absorbs magic, indirectly buffs people near her, and gets some much-needed Def when standing next to someone.  Even with Atk/Def Bond, it might not be enough for her to survive some of the harder hits (Deflect Missile ruins my day).  As a player phase unit, her stats are lackluster, and she's prone to being doubled.  IMO Brazen Atk/(something) works better with her, since she'll probably take some damage after the initial tanking.  7.5/10

Tharja - Hoo boy, where to begin.  She's a magical red armor, something that's welcome.  Between her weapon and Vengeful Fighter, it's clear that she's meant to bait out hits, and her mixed defenses support this.  But if she's forced to attack, she loses out on her bonuses.  Her other weakness is that she can't take full advantage of her kit if she never gets her second hit in - or can't even get a hit in to begin with.  Like Sakura, she's good at what she does, but that's all there is to her.  7.5/10

Fjorm 7/10 : The first Legendary hero she's a mage tank with ice mirror and a personal lance with dc, helpful in with her matchups. Her statline is decent but her moderate speed hold her back.

wTharja: 10/10; A red armor mage with a impressive statline build for the enemy phase, more so with her tome. While the player phase isn't impressive, she needs to wait for the enemy to attack vengeful fight kicks in, and most of the time they die. (Note: I needs more merges of her)

Fjorm - Built in DC is always nice. Without a speed boon she is basically locked to being an Enemy phase unit. And even with a spd boon she is kinda meh speed wise. However, a Brazen ATK/SPD with a spd boon can be nice. Since she has trouble baiting and counter killing multiple units you can use this to bait one and then go player phase the rest of the way. This would likely require running desperation though so she may have some trouble insuring the first counter kill. 7.5/10. Pretty decent, but doesn't really focus on a niche. She spreads herself a bit too thin. Anyways she is a Legendary so that is valuable. She is a spd hero and that is just great. I will never say no to extra speed.

Normal Girl(not) - She min-maxed her speed stat. Sadly for her she only put 34 into attack. She can't pull one shot effects very well with that and with her speed that means she really only has an Enemy phase presence with her default kit. However, 43/34/36 is some rather nifty bulk. A bit less nifty since she gets doubled by everyone. There is also the fact that Vengeful only gives cooldown when you attack which limits her bombing ability compared to Steady Breath and its ilk. Also unlike Bold it has an HP limitation. IS was kinda screwing with us with this banner I think. Tharja actually likes Bold Fighter. Blade + Bold Fighter = Pain. Did you know she can initiate against and kill Hardin? Meanwhile Winter Lissa who is coming up would probably be a more natural fit for Vengeful. Or at least that is my opinion.  9/10. Solid source of magic damage for an armor team. Particularly one focused on enemy phase. If switched to player phase I find her a bit below Jakob since she can't use a brave weapon.

@Fire Emblem Fan Yeah, between Lyn and Jakob is tough, but my Lyn keeps missing kills and I don't like running dancers(I have a hard enough time making score cut offs as is), so a missed kill usually gets someone on my team killed dead. Jakob with his Brave+Bold+Bonfire+Quickened Pulse basically never misses the kill and armor march makes him mobile enough for me. Plus mixed bulk makes him fear dragons far less.

Fjorm. She has a balanced spread with a focus on Res. Fjorm is ok, her balanced spread tends to hurt her when compared to more specialized units. From a scoring perspective she's only inferior to L!Hector but that matters little when it comes to performance. Fjorm works best as a mixed tank although she can perform decently as a mage check with her default kit. With a Breath skill, QR and Iceberg/Glacies Fjorm can do tons of damage in one round but her meh bulk means that she'll only be useful for that round of combat and will be rendered useless afterwards without any kind of healing support. Her Res is high enough to use Ploys so she has that going for her when compared to the other infantry lances that focus more on Def. All in all Fjorm is decent but nothing to write home about.

Rating: 5.5/10

W!Tharja. And here we get another ridiculous unit. Everything but her Spd is great and she doesn't mind being super slow thanks to having access to the ever broken Bold Fighter this skill was a mistake. As a mage she will have tons of trouble with DC+Berkut's Lance users but she can destroy them with a special like Glacies. Her strengths are many and her weaknesses are few. Her huge mixed bulk means that she'll be very hard to take down in one round without the use of specials. She is a bit weaker than the melee armors because she lacks access to Steady/Warding breath but she tends to prefer her default Close Counter in order to deal with every kind of threat that comes her way. As a mage she can go for a defensive route with an Owl tome or go full offense with a Blade tome. Her default weapon, Candelabra, also focuses on her tanking capabilities but it has a lower ceiling when compared to an owl tome. In any case, W!Tharja is one of the most ridiculous units in the game and is only held back a little bit due to being a red mage.

Rating: 9/10

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Fjorm - She's a legendary, I guess?  DC on her weapon is cool, and her skillset is primed for her to immediately bait a ranged attacker.  She absorbs magic, indirectly buffs people near her, and gets some much-needed Def when standing next to someone.  Even with Atk/Def Bond, it might not be enough for her to survive some of the harder hits (Deflect Missile ruins my day).  As a player phase unit, her stats are lackluster, and she's prone to being doubled.  IMO Brazen Atk/(something) works better with her, since she'll probably take some damage after the initial tanking.  7.5/10

Tharja - Hoo boy, where to begin.  She's a magical red armor, something that's welcome.  Between her weapon and Vengeful Fighter, it's clear that she's meant to bait out hits, and her mixed defenses support this.  But if she's forced to attack, she loses out on her bonuses.  Her other weakness is that she can't take full advantage of her kit if she never gets her second hit in - or can't even get a hit in to begin with.  Like Sakura, she's good at what she does, but that's all there is to her.  7.5/10

Once again, my thoughts are mirrored. They'd both get a 7/10 from me.

ALSO I noticed Summer Noire is missing from the schedule.

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I noticed Summer Noire is missing from the schedule.

We’re actually not going to bother rating her.

I’ll get her added sometime. I probably got thrown off by the fact that most focuses don’t stretch across 3 days.

Edited by LordFrigid

Fjorm.

8.5/10

She's a free legendary who comes perfectly usable right out the game. There's a reason that every f2p strat video for difficult content involves her. She's just solid overall. 

I've been meaning to post here but I'm afraid my ratings are "too generous". I just think this game is really balanced, which you can do just about everything with the tools you're given.

Fjorm

Built-in DC, solid mixed defenses (both above 30) on top of passable Spd (avoids doubles from important jauggernauts, such as most Dragons, Hectors, Myrrh, Grima, etc. not assuming Bold Fighter). Has a skill that can absorb damage, to the point of being able to take some counter-triangle powerful Green magic and oneshotting them through it. Great candidate for stuff like Steady/Warding Breath, as well as Distant Counter. Her initial Atk/Def Bond works as well.

One of the best free units, and definitely best "Lord".

Tharja

10. Do I really need to? ...I do? Fine.

She's all what an armoured unit should be. Amazing mixed defenses, good Atk. Not a single stat is wasted. The only low stat is Spd; at stat of which wouldn't make a difference were it 0 or just under 20. Hell, she somewhat even thrives on getting doubled, since that's where she'll get 4-5 turn cooldown specials like Glacies/Ignis/Aether.

- Ranged.

- Comes with Close Counter and synergistic weapon, no less.

- Choose to give an Owl Tome, and that's when shit hits the fan. As if access to +2 to stats wasn't enough, you gotta add Ward Armours on top of that for a potential +4-12 Def/Res.

Blades, Owls, Ravens, she can use them all and be everything with either Bold, Vengeful or even a mix of Bold+QR...she can do everything.

Too bad I never gave her a chance:

oie_transparent(3)_3.png

Urg, I've been getting a little to lenient with who I'm willing to abstain from...

Fjorm

Spoiler

The first Legendary Hero of the Swift Water element. Fjorm was built with one distinct goal in mind: Wall Ranged Enemies. Her stats are balanced in that regard, with no stat below 30, the lowest being Attack and Defense at 30 exactly, the highest non-HP being Resistance.

Leiptr is a Distant Counter lance, and lets Fjorm retaliate against the ranged foes she walls to enable her personal Ice Mirror skill, which acts like Sacred Cowl on paper, but also boosts her next attacks damage by all the damage both it and her default Shield Pulse removed. Shield Pulse also readies Ice Mirrer for the first round of Enemy Phase combat. Atk/Def bond gets Fjorm's otherwise lacking Attack and Defense up to par when next to somebody, and Drive Atk, while on a number of 5* exclusive units, remains rare.

The Legendary exclusive skill of Fjorm is Ice Mirror, and her kit works spectacularly to enable the best use of this skill. Bladetomes especially will find themselves having to reconsider attacking Fjorm, because for all the damage they boast, all if it can become their own downfall once the removed damage is added to Fjorm's own attack. And yes, this is even with Triangle Advantage for the Bladetome. In fact, all she is missing is an Assist, for which recommended is either Draw Back or Swap to help Fjorm get into position with help of an ally.

What hurts Fjorm is her lack of options for close-range combatants. Pretty much any competent Axe can have her dead when she doesn't have a way to lower damage from them, and her Speed is low enough that most speedy melee combatants will have her done in the two hits they are given, sometimes not even needing the second hit. Ice Mirror, unfortunately, also makes up a good chunk of Fjorm's damage output, and without it she's mostly meh overall. Lastly, her Defense is lacking, so even some Bows can have her dead soon despite Ice Mirror and Atk/Def Bond.

But thems the costs of having one of the better ranged walls in the game for free.

Rating: 7.5/10 While her close-range walling is lackluster, Fjorm is one of the better non-bow and non-Blue Tome ranged walls available, and can build up a lot of damage if the attack was powerful enough via Ice Mirror. For a free unit, she's great, but compared to most other ranged walls, she kinda begins to stand out far less...

Winter's Envoy Tharja

Spoiler

An example of a Red Mage who goes extreme with being tanky and slow. Overall above average stats across the board that suddenly dip into unusable territory with her abysmal Speed. The only way it could be worse is if there were a Red Brave Tome (Snakespiritcoughcoughhack), and then she'd only have 9 speed with a -Spd nature.

Candelabra grants Spectrum Stance, which furthers Tharja's good defensive ability, and further pairs well with Vengeful Fighter and Close Counter, making for a defensive force the likes have seen many times now, but was still pretty neat to have on a Red Mage armor. Iceberg, unfortunately, is not the best Special to have given her, as it would be fully charged after Tharja's first counterattack. If her Speed were better then maybe she could have liked Iceberg, but she's so slow that the speedier charge of Iceberg means nothing when everyone doubles her anyways. And Red Tome Valor is useful but useless: keep it for training, dump it for fighting.

If you don't care about Arena Score, go for Glacies or Ignis, whichever of her defensive stats winds up higher, for a very deadly second counterattack. Aether isn't as strong and won't be ready for that round of combat specifically, but it will be ready to trigger once enemy phase is over, assuming Tharja only got attacked once, and also helps to keep her in Vengeful Fighter range. For C passive, Panic Ploy won't work quite as well on Tharja as it does other Armors, so maybe stick to Armor March or Ward Armor. Lastly, an offensive set featuring Rauðrblade, Death Blow, Bold Fighter, and the highest damaging 3 charge Special will prove deadly with some buffs. Also, consider Rauðrowl over Candlelabra if Tharja is commonly surrounded by all 3 of her allies.

Armor slaying weaponry is a bane for Tharja. Maybe in some tiers of Arena play it's not an issue, but an uncareful player may wind up sending Tharja to her doom given how even despite her defensive ability, Tharja still doesn't like taking such powerful hits. Whether she walls melee or ranged units is up to the player, but the one not picked may also spell trouble for you without proper support. Lastly, Tharja is somewhat reliant on Special Triggers for her damage.

Tharja is quite powerful. I still don't know how she's an Armor unit when she's wearing about as much clothing as a Summer unit...

Rating: 8.5/10 Tharja went with as much bulk as she could get with just dropping her Speed and Armor stats, and it pays off. Her defensive game is deadly, and her offensive game can get pretty brutal as well. With how little Speed she has though, she does need keep an eye out for who she can't wall completely though, as her OHKO game isn't that great with just normal hits.

Fjorm: 7.44, Tharja: 8.71.

Day 14

Robin (Festive Tactician)

Spoiler

Max Stats:
41/45/48
32/35/38
31/34/37
32/35/38
22/25/29

Base Skills:
Tannenboom!+
Reciprocal Aid
( - )

Brazen Atk/Spd 3
( - )
Armor March 3

Chrom (Gifted Leader)

Spoiler

Max Stats:
48/51/54
37/40/43
16/19/22
32/35/38
26/29/32

Base Skills:
Sack o' Gifts+
Pivot
( - )

Brazen Atk/Def 3
Wary Fighter 3
( - )

Winter Robin - He is basically a blue Amelia when it comes to his statline. Unfortunately mine is -SPD and doesn't see much use since he just can't manage to steal a spot from Hardin or Effie. Technically his speed stat is a bit less useful, even if it is the same, since Reds are some of the fastest melee units around. And blues can also be quite fast. Compared to Amelia who faces blues and greens he will avoid a lot fewer doubles than she does. Still though I don't think it is enough to knock him half a point so he gets a 9/10 in theory. My neg speed is definitely an 8 and a half at best, but -SPD is hardly his optimal bane.

Winter Chrom - Don't have, so I will abstain. My closet axe to his statline is my +DEF LA Hector and the differences are big enough I don't care to try and extrapolate from him.

Robin - 10/10 best weapon

Ahem. . .

His weapon doesn't fit his stats.  35/34 would rather initiate attacks instead of absorb them, and 25 Res is not meant for tanking magic attacks.  35 Defense is nice, but he's very open to ranged attacks (there's DC, but again, that Res stat).  He could be run a la Cordelia, but he needs Armor March active, or he loses out on movement.  His offensive performance should be reminiscent of Amelia, since their stat lines are similar.  Not bad, but a little confusing!  8/10

Chrom - And this is Hector's Christmas version.  He makes pretty good use of DC, thanks to his mixed bulk, and unlike Robin, he wants to tank attacks.  Or he can run QR and pretend that he's Hector.  Though he loses his bonuses when he attacks, his 40 base Atk should serve him fairly well.  Unlike Tharja, some jerk with a special knife can't block his counter-attacks, and Brave Lyn isn't going to do much with a single attack (14 damage, to be exact).  9/10

Edited by eclipse

Robin: Robin has very good mixed bulk, having decent enough resistance for an armored unit and some good offensive capabilities, especially in the speed department. His Tannenboom gives some good stat increases, although it seems a little odd that it initiates when the opponent attacks rather than when he attacks, and he has natural access to both a Brazen skill and Armor March. Overall he's a good unit, but other armors outshine him a bit. 8/10

Chrom: I only managed to summon one single Valentine Hector with not-great IVs, but Christmas Chrom was an immediate comparison. He really is just Hector (as others have pointed out), except Chrom and maybe a tiny bit less impressive. 9/10

W!Robin. He has good to great stats in everything but Res, which is average. W!Robin is a strong unit but is also one that faces steep competition from other armors like Effie/Hardin. His main appeal is his high Speed which lets him avoid a good amount of doubles (Bold Fighter removes the doubling advantage) which further increases his defensive capabilities. His average Res can be troublesome as it'll make it kinda hard to tank Dragons without using Berkut's Lance. He's not as offensive as Effie nor as defensive as Hardin but Robin offers a good middle between those two. Be careful around dragons and you'll be fine.

W!Chrom. He focuses on Hp/Atk while still having huge Def, above average Res and practically no Spd. W!Chrom is a strong unit and as an armor can use Bold Fighter to double despite being so slow. He can also go for an enemy phase set with Vengeful Fighter. His main competition comes from the 3 Hectors, who sport both Prf weapons and a better spread in the case of L!Hector. As a unit Chrom can deal devasting amounts of damage but he's a bit lacking when compared to the Hectors, which is a bit sad considering that Chrom has Effie tier offenses and with his high Def he can fire a nuclear Ignis/Bonfire to destroy everything in his path. His Res is barely passable so keep dragons and mages in mind when using W!Chrom.

Robin: 8.5, Chrom: 8.63

Day 15

Lissa, Pure Joy

Spoiler

Max Stats:
39/43/46
30/33/36
26/30/33
32/35/38
31/34/37

Base Skills:
Handbell+
( - )
Bonfire

( - )
Bold Fighter 3
Fortify Armor

Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams

Spoiler

Max Stats:
33/37/40
28/31/34
30/33/36
15/19/22
22/25/29

Base Skills:
Blizzard
( - )
Glacies

Fortress Res 3
Chilling Seal
Res Ploy 3

Lissa: Lissa is honestly probably the best of the Awakening Christmas Quartet. She has good stats all across the board, with even her middle-of-the-road speed being not so bad. And she comes naturally equipped with Bold Fighter, so she doesn't have to rely on speed for doubling anyway! With Christmas Robin's, or another unit's Armor March, her mobility is patched up, and she's still good even without it. She might even be a slightly better comparison to Hector than Christmas Chrom. 9/10

Gunnthra: Gunnthra is a pretty good addition to cavalry teams, most of her stats are pretty good and she can give out and make use of horse buffs. Being a cavalry unit, her mobility is great! Trenches are of course and issue, though, and her defense is expectedly low. She comes with some good skills, her weapon is good enough, and she's a Legendary hero. That, in my opinion, is a boost for her, I have yet to see a Legendary that's truly bad. 8.5/10

Lissa - Take Sheena, give her some semblance of offense, and that's Lissa. . .except 33 Atk on an axe armor is the second-lowest (after. . .Sheena), and 30 speed is just awkward.  She makes a better mixed tank than Chrom, but Chrom does it better (the massive Atk gap doesn't help).  If it wasn't for the fact that green armors have some of the best units in the game (Hector, Grima, and her brother, with Henry thrown in there because why the hell not), she'd be rated a lot higher.  7/10

Gunnthra - 31/33 isn't winning any offensive rewards, and Cecilia does the Ploy thing better.  Her strength lies in the synergy between her B skill and her tome.  She cripples the offense of one member of the enemy team, and given that it targets the lowest Def, this is most likely an enemy mage.  For those enemies with not-amazing Res, she'll lower it even further with Res Ploy.  And if she hits a debuffed enemy with Blizzard, it'll hit all the harder thanks to gaining bonus damage based off of an enemy's debuffs.  She might be able to pull off a -blade set if she's +Spd, but otherwise there's nothing much to say about her.  7.5/10

Cutey Pie Christmas Lissa- Too bad being adorable doesn't count towards the score :(. Like Eclipse mentioned she faces extraordinarily stiff competition. A bunch of her stats are in kind of awkward spots. With the right boon they can be in very good spot. Sadly, we don't get to pick our preferred boon and bane. In addition all the points she dedicated to speed is kind of wasted on someone with Bold Fighter. Speed is a bit more useful for Vengeful since it denies doubles. As such I tend to think her best set involves switching over to Vengeful. As I mentioned in my Tharja write up. I really hate to do this to her. . . if she cries I might cry. But 8/10. Too much competition and a somewhat awkward base set and statline. At the same time she is an armored unit with access to Bold and Vengeful. If you have one with the right boon and bane for what you want her to do she can really shine, though if you go defensively it can be expensive(DC and vengeful). A cheaper +ATK/-SPD Brave Axe Lissa would be terrifying to be on the wrong side of. But she is more dependent on having the right boon and bane than the other greens and that hurts her. Else I may have bumped her only one step down from Amelia.

Gunnthra - I really don't like most of the wind Legendaries. But she is the most palatable I think. A bit awkward to use at times though. Her B skill is rather handy for knocking out those super dangerous offensive units since often they have lower defense then their allies. And it is just fun when multiple units have the same defense value. BOOM! Still sometimes it just doesn't matter because it is hitting a unit you don't need to have hit when you really need it to hit that unit over there that has 1 more defense. All the chills have this issue though so probably not fair to rag on her's too much. Anyways statline. Her RES is kinda low for mage tanking or Ploying. Particularly if you drop her Fortress Res. Her speed is rather middling and her attack is low. She has somewhat average HP and low defense. Really she is one of those units I keep thinking has lower stat total than what she actually does. In addition being a mounter mage doesn't help her in the scoring department. And that is kinda important for a legendary(in my eyes). To top it off boosting RES is probably one of the least useful in high tier arena. Though it does help against dragons. To be fair she is kinda surprisingly bulky. Just goes to show that 56 physical bulk is kinda handy to have, as long as you don't get doubled. An average 7.5/10 seems about right. Though I certainly won't argue too hard if someone accuses me of lowballing her. Because this is probably the lower end of what she should score for sure.

Edited by Usana