Rate the Unit, Seasonals & Legendaries. Oct. 26 - Nov 2: Niles (Forbidden Tease), and Kagero (Beverage Ninja)

LordFrigid

Welcome to Round 2 of the Fire Emblem: Heroes RTU. RTU stands for "Rate The Unit". Every day we will have a pair of Heroes we can discuss and you can vote for them with a score of your choice. At the end of each day we will tally the votes and give you the averages of all the votes.

Please find other rounds of the RTU at the links below:
Regular Summoning Pool (and Askr units)

Below are the rules. Read them.

Rules:

• Arena use is assumed.
  • Skill Inheritance is allowed.
  • If you are giving a rating, assume that they are in their best possible state (skill inheritance, merges, 5* rarity) that you see fit.
  • Arena scoring is omitted.
  • You can give scores between 0-10 with 0.5 decimals if you need them.
  • Your vote requires a constructive explanation or at least the quote of someone's else with that requirement. If you do not abide by this rule the vote is invalid.
  • Spam is not allowed.
  • Try to stay civil. If required, mods will shut the RTU down.

Format:

• Two Heroes will be discussed each day.
  • The order of Heroes will be according to their release date. If there is a tie for release date, it will be broken by color (using the order Red > Blue > Green > Colorless). If there is still a tie, it will be broken by origin (Catalog of Heroes order). Please find a forecast below.
  • This thread will cover Seasonal and Legendary Heroes.
  • Every round starts around at 5 PM on Friday, ending at 4:45 PM on the subsequent Friday (times in PDT).

Forecast

Spoiler

Nov 2 - Nov 9
Mia (Moonlit Witch)
[October Legendary Hero]

Averages

Red (12):

Spoiler

Marth (Hero-King): 9.50
Tharja (Obsessive Bride): 9.00
Myrrh (Spooky Monster): 9.00
Micaiah (Summer's Dawn): 8.83
Tharja ("Normal Girl"): 8.75
Tana (Noble and Nimble): 8.75
Tiki (Beachside Scion): 8.63
Ike (Vanguard Legend): 8.56
Ryoma (Supreme Samurai): 8.25
Camilla (Holiday Traveler): 7.67
Nowi (Eternal Witch): 7.40
Leo (Seashore's Prince): 4.00

Blue (17):

Spoiler

Tiki (Legendary Dragon): 9.88
Lyn (Wind's Embrace): 8.67
Ephraim (Legendary Lord): 8.50
Lucina (Glorious Archer): 8.50
Robin (Festive Tactician): 8.38
Cordelia (Knight Paradise): 8.33
Ninian (Bright-Eyed Bride): 8.19
Camilla (Tropical Beauty): 8.00
Corrin (Novice Vacationer): 7.50
Fjorm (Princess of Ice): 7.44
Charlotte (Money Maiden): 7.08
Robin (Seaside Tactician): 6.75
Catria (Spring Whitewing): 6.75
Caeda (Talys's Bride): 6.71
Shigure (Dark Sky Singer): 5.92
Lucina (Spring Exalt): 5.25
Xander (Spring Prince): 3.71

Green (21):

Spoiler

Hector (Marquess of Ostia): 10.00
Hector (Just Here to Fight): 9.50
Elincia (Estival Princess): 9.00
Chrom (Gifted Leader): 8.83
Azura (Celebratory Spirit): 8.25
Azura (Lady of Ballads): 8.17
Innes (Flawless Form): 8.17
Henry (Happy Vampire): 8.10
Sharena (Spring Princess): 7.88
Sanaki (Apostle in White): 7.86
Lissa (Pure Joy): 7.80
Elise (Tropical Flower): 7.70
Gunnthrá (Voice of Dreams): 7.63
Alfonse (Spring Prince): 7.50
Lyn (Lady of the Wind): 7.38
Camilla (Spring Princess): 7.14
Tiki (Summer Scion): 6.90
Inigo (Indigo Dancer): 6.75
Chrom (Spring Exalt): 6.38
Lilina (Blush of Youth): 6.30
Xander (Student Swimmer): 6.00

Colorless (15):

Spoiler

Jakob (Devoted Monster): 8.80
Takumi (Prince at Play): 8.25
Cordelia (Perfect Bride): 7.86
Robin (Fell Vessel): 7.80
Linde (Summer Rays): 7.75
Roy (Youthful Gifts): 7.60
Takumi (Prince of Soup): 7.57
Kagero (Spring Ninja): 7.50
Noire (Shade Seeker): 7.25
Xander (Dancing Knight): 7.00
Sakura (Gentle Nekomata): 6.50
Lyn (Bride of the Plains): 6.33
Olivia (Festival Dancer): 5.67
Gaius (Thief Exposed): 5.40
Frederick (Horizon Watcher): 4.38

"Staff" & Credits to:

• The Priest
  • XRay
  • SatsumaFSoySoy
Edited by LordFrigid

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1

Lucina, Spring Exalt

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
32/35/39
25/29/32
33/36/39
19/22/25
22/25/29

Base Skills:

Blue Egg+
Rally Speed
( - )

Swift Sparrow 2
Seal Res 3
( - )

Xander, Spring Prince

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
36/40/43
22/25/29
24/28/31
32/35/38
23/26/30

Base Skills:

Carrot Lance+
Swap
( - )

( - )
Live for Honor
Fortify Def 3

Edited by LordFrigid

From the other thread:

Bunny Xander: 1/10. his attack is too slow for it to be redeemed, and must rely on special in order to do some damage. 

Eggcina: 5/10 Decent statline, with a good speed, but her lowish attacks makes her dependent on her teammates for damage. 

Alright! Time for the time limited units! 

Spring Lucina. She focuses on Spd and not much else. Spring Lucina is not a very good unit, she can run the typical Blade tome build to make up for her low damage and her good Spd will let her be a consistent unit. Problem is, her Spd ties with Linde/Ishtar and she is worse everywhere else than the former two. There's little to no reason to use her outside of favoritism but at least her Spd is still in a good spot.

Rating: 3/10

Spring Xander. His spread focuses on Def with above average Res and mediocre in Atk/Spd. Spring Xander is a very odd unit, his Atk is pathetic which forces him to be either a dedicated physical tank or some sort of mixed tank. With his Res superboon and Berkut's Lance he can be a very sturdy wall and fire off a very devasting Ignis/Glacies. Problem is, as a horse unit he lacks access to Steady/Warding breath when it comes to tanking and while he can use DC effectively his non-special damage is non-existant. It doesn't help that he faces steep competition from other lance cavaliers that have more universal applications. Regardless, Spring Xander can be one hell of a wall when the correct conditions are met, problem is that anywhere else he is nothing more than dead weight.

Rating: 2/10

Lucina: Unlike her sword and brave counterparts, Spring Lucina is not that great. Sure she can run all the tome builds any other tome user can, but she's got nothing that really makes her shine. 4/10

Xander: Spring Xander is quite possibly one of the worst seasonals in the game, if not the worst, in my opinion. He'll need heavy building to be useful, otherwise he's really just good for providing a bulky wall. 2/10

Lucina

• Somewhat balanced stat line, with good Spd, mediocre Atk and Res, and low Def.
    • Very strong red, decent blue matchups on offense with a Blárblade+ set. Buff dependent, and sustainable through Desperation.
    • Mediocre performance on defense with a Blárowl+ set.
  • She can provide basic field/combat buff support for her teammates.

Overall, I give her 7.5 for combat (very strong red, decent blue matchups with Blárblade+), and .5 for support (basic field/combat buff), for a total rating of 7/10.

Xander

• Physically bulky stat line, featuring good Def, ok Res, and low Atk and Spd.
    • Poor matchups on offense due to his low Atk and Spd.
    • Strong red, mediocre blue matchups on defense with a Slaying Lance+/DC set. He can use Sturdy Stance instead to focus on one-range matchups, with very strong red and decent blue performance.
  • As a cavalry unit, he can provide cavalry field/combat buffs for his allies.

Overall, I give him 6.5 for combat (very strong red, decent blue one-range performance on defense), and 1 for support (cavalry field/combat buff), for a total rating of 6/10.

~

Scoring method:

Spoiler

Units are evaluated based on both their combat performance and their team support capabilities (i.e. their whole contribution to a team).

• Combat performance is judged by matchups, especially against enemies that are at triangle disadvantage or neutral to the unit. Performance against more relevant meta threats is more valuable than performance against units that are rarely seen. Triangle Adept sets are not considered, though they might be noted. Scale of 0 to 10.
    • Sustainability and filling a useful niche are given small bonuses, when applicable.
    • I will look at least one PP-focused and one EP-focused skill set for each unit, but only evaluate based on performance for whichever phase I deem the unit to be stronger on.
  • Support capabilities are decided by how much support a unit can provide (without horribly compromising their combat capabilities), and how valuable I feel that support is. Scale of 0 to 3.
  • At the end, the combat and support scores will be weighted (with a heavy focus on combat performance), combined, and rounded to the nearest .5 to obtain the total rating. Dancers and Singers will get +1 point to their total rating (not to exceed 10), because I value Dance/Sing utility highly.

This method of evaluation essentially compares each unit to a hypothetical "god unit" who is stellar at everything, instead of each unit to each other.

If it's not broken...

All my ratings.

Lucina - She feels like the precursor to today's overly speedy units.  But unlike them, her weapon is mediocre.  She can function as a -blade thing, I guess.  If she got a personal weapon with a decent effect, she'd be in a much better spot.  6/10

Xander - Subaki on a horse~!  The thing that makes him worse than other EP guys is that his base attack bites.  He'll wall just fine, but he won't hit back particularly hard.  And I do like some creativity with my builds!  5.5/10

I might've the worst possible IV's for her (-SPD,+RES) but not even my bias for her can stop me from saying she's a bad unit. Too fragile for her own good & not nearly enough power to compensate. Still does a solid a job on killing Reds

5/10

Welp, guess we gotta start with the kinda shoddy again...

Gh... it's gonna be hard to adjust to the new times.

Sring Lucina

Spoiler

Since her release, Spring Lucina has been given a lot of competition, making her more and more obsolete over time. Doesn't stop her from having an interesting role to fulfill.

Her Attack is below-average, and her defensive stats do nothing to try and be noticable. Lucina is decently fast though.

The Blue Egg recovers a small amount of HP after combat, 4 to be exact. This can somewhat offset the damage dealt after combat by Fury, though it just serves as a small amount of HP recovery overall with her base Swift Sparrow, which at the time Lucy was the only unit to have the skill. Rally Speed and Seal Res aren't necessarily noticeable these days, though that's not to say Rally Speed can't be used.

Lucina fits the standard of a speedy Blue Mage... decently well? She can run with the now standard Blarblade build, trade some HP recovery for Hone Speed on both herself and allies with Blessed Bouquet, get built in Desperation with Juicy Wave...

Ultimately, Lucina is outclassed by many other Blue Mages since her release, and even a few from before it to. Without any stand-out stat besides Speed, which even then has been surpassed long ago, Lucina doesn't have anything to set her apart from the rest of the Blue Mage pool. If Blue Egg were a personal weapon, it'd be a different story, but ultimately it's not, and doesn't even have that strong an effect.

Still, there's something to be found from Spring Lucina. If you just need an extra Blue Mage, then she is reliable in that regard.

Rating: 5.5/10 Lucina fails to stand out among the Blue Mages from both before and after the Spring Festival. While her speed is good, she ultimately doesn't have the power or bulk to do much else with it. She still serves whatever role you need her to serve though.

Spring Xander.

Spoiler

Neither powerful or speedy, both of which are below-average, what does Spring Xander have going for him that other lances don't? The answer is decent bulk. His Defense is pretty high, and his Res can be fixed with Berkut's Lance. His HP is average.

Carrot Lance is silly by all counts, but the effect can be decent if used correctly. Swap is a pretty good assist to have on a bulky unit, and Fortify Defense is decent. Live for Honor does nothing in combat, but at least boosts badge income.

Berkut's Lance will get Xander's Resistance up, which helps his bulk game. Anything you can do to increase his defensive power, or just a simple Distant Counter, will help him out. Fortify Cavalry, in that regard, will help just as much. Ignis will hurt, but Bonfire is more or less guaranteed to trigger on the second retaliation.

Hurting Xander is his general low power, not even being high enough to hit 40 without help from Passives. His speed hurts to, since it is directly taking what could have been extra Attack from him. As a bulky Lance, he loses out to Lukas, Shiro, and Nephenee, but not necessarily in mobility or Resistance, which those other three lack. Being Cavalry is good, and being a Lance Cav helps his bulk since there isn't a real strong source of Green Cavalry-effective weaponry to offset his bulk, but Xander still needs to keep an eye out for Cavalry-effective users, since they tend to have the tools necessary to kill him in one-round regardless.

So what you get from Spring Xander is a bulky horse. Hope the fact doesn't disappoint.

Rating: 6.5/10 Having bulk assisted by Fortify Cavalry is a boon to Xander, especially since there isn't really any bulky Lance Cavs otherwise, but Xander is lacking in power to deal any really notable damage. He is also somewhat outclasses by the defensive Infantry Lances.

Spring Lucina - Still one of the fastest blue mages. Her problem is that she didn't min-max her defenses like the others. And she paid for that with her attack. While a blade can fix that easy enough, her non-minmaxed defenses aren't really high enough to help her much. Plus her default weapon isn't particularly useful for her. Because of this I don't think she is on the level of many of her fellows. 6.5/10. Sounds good for me. I am still in the speed is most important for blade mentality, and she does have that. But in the current meta and in PvE you do need something resembling an attack stat and her competition just does that better.

Spring Xander - Uggh. I still don't have a good use for this guy. I do have the refined carrot lance on him. May not help that mine is +SPD. He isn't nearly as minmaxed as Lukas or even Subaki.  Now he does have the niche of being the highest defense cavalry lance, as well as having a somewhat decent res stat. Sadly though he would have been better off putting those res points into any of ATK/SPD/DEF.  Carrot lance though can be handy. Someday I may have to kill him for it. From an optimal standpoint I imagine even Mathilda could best him since her DC set can be handy. Still though he is less resource intensive and less finicky, so I think tying with 3/10 is fair enough. That said I am starting to think I maybe put her too low.

Edited by Usana

Lucina: 5.25, Xander: 3.71.

Day 2

Chrom, Spring Exalt

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
40/43/46
32/35/38
29/32/35
24/28/31
17/20/23

Base Skills:

Carrot Axe+
Shove
( - )

Attack/Def +2
( - )
Axe Exp. 3

Camilla, Spring Princess

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
35/39/42
32/35/38
22/25/29
26/30/33
16/19/22

Base Skills:

Green Egg+
Rally Attack
( - )

Defiant Spd 3
Live for Bounty
( - )

Spring Chrom. His stats focus on Atk and Spd with average Def/Hp and a dump in Res. Chrom is a very decent unit, his stats push him towards being a physical Player phase unit and thanks to his good Hp/Def he can hold his own during a few rounds of combat. Availability issues aside, the main problem for Chrom is that he competes and loses against Raven in the role of an offensive infantry axe thanks to the former's Prf weapon. Despite this, Chrom is a great user of the Brave Axe and whenever a Firesweeep Axe is released he'll become an even better unit. Just keep in mind that he absolutely needs a +Spd nature to work, otherwise he'll be too slow to compete with the prevalent Speed creep in the game.

Rating: 5/10

Spring Camilla. She focuses on Atk/Def while dumping Spd/Res. Despite being part of the first batch of seasonal units, Spring Camilla still holds herself pretty well to this day. Being the tankiest of the flying green mages allows her to run a TA Raven tome build better than her peers. She can also focus on a OHKO Blade tome build thanks to her high Atk but in terms of sheer power she'll be outclassed when compared to Flying Nino and Bride Sanaki due to her awful Spd. Despite being a mage, Camilla has no Res so keep her away from mages at all costs. Also keep in mind that she needs Iote's Shield to survive continous hits from archers and if you're using TA be careful of Firesweep+CA builds. The meta hasn't been very kind to mages outside of Micaiah but Camilla is still a pretty strong green mage, just play to her strengths and she won't fail you.

Rating: 6/10

Spring Camilla: She's surprisingly bulky and can actually survive an arrow hit, and she has very good attack so she'll definitely pack a punch. But she has poor resistance and poor speed, so she'll likely be out-sped by most others and she'll fall quickly to mages. You can make good use of her attack and her bulk, though, and run certain builds with certain skills to maximize her efforts. 6/10

Chrom

• Offense-focused stat line, with good Atk, decent Def, ok Spd, and low Res.
    • Very strong blue, decent green matchups on offense with a Brave Axe+ set. He has very strong blue and decent green matchups on with a Wo Gùn+ set or Beach Banner+ set.
    • Very strong blue, passable green matchups on defense with a Slaying Axe+/DC set.
  • He has some Panic ploy capability with his HP stat.

Overall, I give him 8 for combat (very strong blue, decent green matchups on offense), and 1 for support (basic field/combat buffs, panic ploy capability), for a total rating of 7.5/10.

It's kind of weird how similar he is to Libra (who has +9 Res/-3 HP).

Camilla

• Powerful, physically bulky stat line with good Atk, decent Def, and low Spd and Res.
    • Incredibly strong blue, very strong green matchups on offense with a Gronnblade+ set when Hone Fliers is active. Buff dependent, but most enemies are OHKO'd, so it's relatively sustainable.
    • She has the defensive stat line to pull off a Close Counter set on defense, with very strong blue, and mediocre green matchups. She's also a popular pick for a RavenAdept set, if blue & colorless checking is desired.
  • As a flier, she can provide flier field/combat buffs for her allies.

Overall, I give her 9 for combat (incredibly strong blue, very strong green matchups on offense with Gronnblade), and 1 for support (flier field/combat buff), for a total rating of 8.5/10.

~

Scoring method:

Spoiler

Units are evaluated based on both their combat performance and their team support capabilities (i.e. their whole contribution to a team).

• Combat performance is judged by matchups, especially against enemies that are at triangle disadvantage or neutral to the unit. Performance against more relevant meta threats is more valuable than performance against units that are rarely seen. Triangle Adept sets are not considered, though they might be noted. Scale of 0 to 10.
    • Sustainability and filling a useful niche are given small bonuses, when applicable.
    • I will look at least one PP-focused and one EP-focused skill set for each unit, but only evaluate based on performance for whichever phase I deem the unit to be stronger on.
  • Support capabilities are decided by how much support a unit can provide (without horribly compromising their combat capabilities), and how valuable I feel that support is. Scale of 0 to 3.
  • At the end, the combat and support scores will be weighted (with a heavy focus on combat performance), combined, and rounded to the nearest .5 to obtain the total rating. Dancers and Singers will get +1 point to their total rating (not to exceed 10), because I value Dance/Sing utility highly.

This method of evaluation essentially compares each unit to a hypothetical "god unit" who is stellar at everything, instead of each unit to each other.

All my ratings.

Chrom - The Libra before Libra!  35/32 is a decent offensive spread, and unlike most of the other cast, he LIKES the health regen he gets on his weapon (Xander likes it too, if he could actually use it to kill things).  +Spd turns him into a decent player-phase unit, while +Atk is a good candidate for a Brave Axe.  He can also run Fury, and soften the blow to his HP when he attacks.  Out of the four, he has the strongest reason to keep his weapon.  Just keep him away from mages, as usual.  7/10

Camilla - IMO the absolute best -raven mage in the game - not only does she have the best combination of attack and defense (35/30, with only Christmas Tharja beating her out), but green innately counters original Reinhardt.  Every point of attack counts with a TA -raven mage, and Camilla has that in spades.  With Iote's Shield turning into a seal, she can safely bait bows and laugh.  While she can't inherit Bowbreaker, she doesn't care, because whoever she doesn't OHKO will be out of the majority of their health (except Innes).  She can also safely bait most blue mages, too.  If she's not trying to cheese the game that way, she can also take on -blade, and launch hell that way.  She probably won't double, but it'll hurt nonetheless.  9/10 (yes there's bias in there, but that's because mine has served me very well ever since I pulled her on her debut banner)

Spring Chrom

Spoiler

Chrom here is somewhat different from his base form, unlike pretty much all his future iterations. Good Attack and average Speed, average Defense, bad Resistance, and HP not quite high enough to run Panic Ploy, but just high enough that a weapon refine can let him trigger Infantry Pulse on some allies.

There's not much good to say about Chrom's base kit. Carrot Axe doesn't necessarily bring any notable offensive bonuses, simply recovering some HP after every battle. Shove can be a theoretically good assist, but usually doesn't get any notable results. Atk/Def 2 is meh all around: if you wanna let Chrom use it, give him the Sacred Seal version of it. Axe EXP does literally nothing.

The way you'd want to use Chrom is to get his Speed built up, since it's among the better speeds available to Axe units. Carrot can let him be bulky, but not so bulky that he can't opt for a Slaying Axe or Wo Gun anyways.

Hurting Chrom is his general averageness as an offensive Axe now. Not saying he is bad, but he's been outclassed as time has went on. Many other axe users have opted to forego average at best Speed and average at best Attack to simply min-max whatever needs min-maxing. As a result, Chrom is in a bit of a standstill of not being bad, but not necessarily being good enough to warrant picking over someone else.

So if you pull him, he'll serve you pretty well. Just don't expect anything like what Raven or Hector has to offer.

Rating: 6/10 Chrom certainly has the ability to pull his own weight. It won't be a performance equal to other, more recent axe users, and even some launch units, but he can still serve well with decent Attack, Speed, and Defense.

Spring Camilla

Spoiler

The original Mage Flier, who certainly wasn't trying to meet any of the standards we know of mages now. Decently high Attack, bad Speed, average Defense, and not really any Resistance worth speaking of, as well as average HP.

Camilla probably has the worst default kit of the four Spring Festival units, with the Green Egg not doing much to help her Bulk, Rally Attack doing absolute crap for anyone, and Defiant Speed being utterly useless. Live for Bounty doesn't even do anything for direct combat.

Camilla wants a complete kit overhaul. TA3 and Gronnraven together let her wall Blue Mages and many Bows pretty well, while returning serious damage in return. Since Camilla has access to Flier buffs, her Speed can be shot back up to decent and enable her to run a pretty good Gronnblade set, albeit one that is utterly outclassed by todays standards.

Hurting Camilla is the new standard of Green Mages: purely offensive, and doesn't need to heavily speed stack just to meet where most other units reach with no more than Fury 3. Camilla also can't take magic hits well at all, so someone like Reinhardt can easily have a blast ripping her to shreds if Camilla isn't careful enough. Also hurting Camilla, she has a hard time using her default Green Egg when most mages do actually want to take some damage to trigger deadly passive skills, and her defensive ability is very skewed in the wrong ways.

Still, Camilla is a remnant of an old time, I can't be too hard on her when the standard didn't even exist yet.

Rating: 6/10 Camilla can be deadly in a Triangle Advantage with RavenAdept, or launch Emerald Blades from on high with Gronnblade. While she isn't the best Green Tome Flier now that she isn't the only Green Tome Flier anymore, she still does a good job of tanking bow hits via RavenAdept. Not many fliers outside of Iotes Shield can boast that.

Spring Chrom - Don't have. Will Pass.

Spring Camilla - The only physically defensive oriented Flying Tome. Since Bowlyn can turn DC off this means she is your pick for a ReinLyn combo. Problem is. She is slow and reliant on QR to net kills against anything with reasonable bulk. In addition being slow means she will always be doubled. Which is why she is so reliant on RavenAdept for defenses. 39/30 is no where near enough to survive being doubled all the time. At least not while keeping QR in place.  Not a great unit, but given the role she is pressured into her color is ideal. In addition pressure towards one role or not, she still has a one shot blade build as an option. While Nino is the better offensive option, Camilla is your pick for defense. With 7 more defense than the next highest flying tome and tying for the highest HP AND being green she is one of the best options for Raven Adept among tome fliers. 7.5/10. Simply because no one has truly tossed her off her niche, even if both of her closest competition can handle offense better.

Spring Chrom- Don't have him so I can't rate him

Spring Camilla- There was a time when you couldn't successfully run a flier team in Arena without her. But with the release of Myrrh and the Iote's Shield seal, she isn't as strong as she used to be. Still, out of all the alts released on the Spring banner, she managed to stay relevant for the longest. 7/10

Edited by UNLEASH IT

Chrom: 6.38, Camilla: 7.14.

Day 3

Caeda, Talys's Bride

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
30/33/36
25/29/32
34/37/40
16/19/22
26/30/33

Base Skills:

Blessed Bouquet+
( - )
Iceberg

Attack/Res 2
( - )
Hone Spd 3

Charlotte, Money Maiden

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
43/46/49
33/36/39
29/32/35
21/24/28
16/19/22

Base Skills:

First Bite+
Smite
( - )

Wind Boost 3
( - )
Threaten Atk 3

Bride Caeda. Her focus lies in Spd/Res with mediocre Atk and terrible Hp/Def. Caeda is a very straightfoward unit, she wants to focus on either Ploys or using her stellar Speed alongside a Blade tome to offset her bad Atk stat. Having the highest base Spd of the blue infantry mages is what sets her apart from Linde/Ishtar and this can be very helpful when she finds herself in matches against speedy reds. Sadly, her awful physical bulk makes her an easy prey to DC units which are very common in the meta and thanks to her low base Atk she'll have a hard time doing OHKO's, which will force her to run Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid+Desperation in order to deal significant amounts of damage. Bride Caeda is a good unit and if you get her with an optimal nature she'll prove to be a wonderful mage for your team, just keep in mind that the meta doesn't favor Glass Cannon mages so be careful when using her.

Rating: 7/10

Bride Charlotte. Her focus is on Atk/Hp while having passable Spd and awful bulk. Her huge Atk favor the use of a Brave Lance+ in order to deal tons of damage. With a +Spd nature she'll be able to reach a good Speed tier which will open options like Slaying Lance, Harmonic Lance or Firesweep Lance (only if using Life and Death). Charlotte is by her very nature a Glass Cannon, her high Hp will let her tank at least 1 hit regardless of source which can be enough to let her use skills like Brazens and Desperation+Brash Assault effectively. Just keep in mind that she's not meant to take more than 1 hit at best so focus on her offenses instead of making her tanky. The main problem for Charlotte is that she competes directly with B!Lucina due to their similar focus as offensive lancers but Lucina has more versatility making Charlotte a worse option most of the time. Regardless, Bride Charlotte is one hell of a PP lancer and one that can end up wrecking havoc to your team if you're not prepared for her.

Rating: 7.5/10

Caeda - A slightly more optimized Lucina from the previous banner.  Her weapon is somewhat better than Lucina's, but it's more focused on support than anything.  The same criticisms that Lucina had also apply to Caeda.  But unlike her egg-bearing counterpart, Caeda has a half-decent Res stat.  6.5/10

Charlotte - Woah, 36 base Atk.  Thanks to her stat distribution, she has several things she can do, depending on her boon.  +Atk turns her into quite the infantry Brave Lancer, +Spd means she'll do decently well with a Harmonic Lance (just imagine Raven without a personal weapon), and +HP can consider Panic Ploy.  Her tankiness is in her bloated HP - both her Def and Res are lost causes (unless you really want to mess with the elemental Boost skills).  While she's flexible, she won't really excel in any one role.  Still, the possibilities are funny!  6.5/10

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Caeda - A slightly more optimized Lucina from the previous banner.  Her weapon is somewhat better than Lucina's, but it's more focused on support than anything.  The same criticisms that Lucina had also apply to Caeda.  But unlike her egg-bearing counterpart, Caeda has a half-decent Res stat.  6.5/10

Charlotte - Woah, 36 base Atk.  Thanks to her stat distribution, she has several things she can do, depending on her boon.  +Atk turns her into quite the infantry Brave Lancer, +Spd means she'll do decently well with a Harmonic Lance (just imagine Raven without a personal weapon), and +HP can consider Panic Ploy.  Her tankiness is in her bloated HP - both her Def and Res are lost causes (unless you really want to mess with the elemental Boost skills).  While she's flexible, she won't really excel in any one role.  Still, the possibilities are funny!  6.5/10

This is what I'd think and also rate both of them.

Caeda

• Spd-focused stat line, with very good Spd, decent Res, ok Atk, and poor Def.
    • Very strong red, strong blue matchups on offense with a Blárblade+ set. Buff-dependent and sustainable through Desperation.
    • Poor defensive performance, though she can act as a decent mage check with her Res stat.
  • She can provide stat ploy support with her decent Res stat.

Overall, I give her 8.5 for combat (very strong red, strong blue matchups on offense), and 1 for support (stat ploy capability), for a total rating of 8/10.

Charlotte

• Offense-focused stat line, with good Atk, decent Spd, mediocre Def, and poor Res.
    • Very strong red, strong blue matchups on offense with a Brave Lance+ set. She has some capability with other offensive lances (Shell, Harmonic, Firesweep).
    • Her defensive stat line is not well-suited to an enemy phase role.
  • She can provide Panic ploy support with her decent HP stat.

Overall, I give her 8.5 for combat (very strong red, strong blue matchups on offense), and 1 for support (Panic ploy capability), for a total rating of 8/10.

~

Scoring method:

Spoiler

All my ratings.

Bride Caeda- 7/10

Decent even with a -speed nature. Although the blue tome pool is bloated with amazing units either at the 5* lock or the lower rarity pools, she's still a decent unit.

Bridal Caeda

Spoiler

This offensive spread is very familiar...

She's basically just Spring Lucina with one extra point of Speed. But Caeda is better, trust me. Most of the growth Lucina had in HP and Defense have been shifted over to Resistance, which Caeda has a decent amount of, enough to trigger Ploys at least. It also leads to a pretty powerful Iceberg trigger.

The Blessed Bouquet after a refine is good for boosting Caeda's Resistance, not really her Defense. Iceberg off Caeda's neutral Res is a 15 power Special trigger, which is pretty good. Atk/Res 2 and Hone Speed are... well, they're there.

For pure offense, Blarblade is the way to go. Give her Swift Sparrow or Fury though, since she does want to be able to trigger Ploys. For something more defensive, Blessed Bouquet enables more defensive play than you'd think, though I would not be able to tell you how to even begin with that.

Some of the bads that apply to Spring Lucina apply here, though Caeda really doesn't like taking Melee hits regardless how you build her.

An overall good unit.

Rating: 6/10 Spring Lucina but with actually good Res. Bridal Caeda can trigger Ploys on the enemy with that Res stat, which puts her ahead of Lucina slightly. Of course, the extra Res came from somewhere, and it certainly wasn't her Attack or Speed (the latter increasing slightly even).

Bridal Charlotte

Spoiler

The glass cannon of Fates: Conquest, but wearing a wedding dress and using a Lance. While her Speed isn't exactly what it could potentially be, It's still pretty good. Neither defense nor Resistance do Charlotte any good, though she can still withstand a hit if need be thanks to her HP. Attack isn't quite as high as another Lancer, but for an Infantry Lance it's quite good.

The First Bite forged can mend Charlotte's defensive ability if that's desired, but usually she'd rather a different Lance. Still good on a budget. Smite is funny in concept, but in execution it can either be an asset to getting an ally across the battlefield, or Shove in disguise. Wind Boost is useless even with a +HP nature and forged weapon: If you really need the extra Speed, just give her something like LnD or Darting Blow. As for Threaten Atk, it doesn't really do enough to fix Charlotte's defenses, and does require the enemy already be near her to trigger, so chances are she already took a good amount of damage anyways.

If you want a simple yet still reflective of how strong this bride can be, give Charlotte a Brave Lance. She may not be the strongest unit, but she still has a pretty high Attack stat for a Lancer. Alternatively, make her into a deceptively bulky unit through a Def forged First Bite, some form of Defense boosting, and a Sacred Seal that boosts her Defense. This also lets her support her team in a way, providing large boosts of Defense to both herself and nearby allies.

Without large amounts of Defense stacking though, Charlotte is vulnerable to all attacks, and her solid HP will be drained in an instant. Her Speed isn't anything notable either, so many other glass cannons will be able to outspeed her anyways, especially if she packs a Brave Lance. Lastly of note, even if you do go the defensive route with Charlotte, First Bite requires one round of combat to trigger, so she is not able to take much damage on the first round of combat, and that additional defense is suseptible to Panic status.

Still, Charlotte is not the worst unit to have come out of a seasonal banner, and while certainly not the best... maybe don't let her hear you say that.

Rating: 7/10 Charlotte's offenses are high enough that a standard Brave Lance set is enough to get her by alone. While she doesn't have much defensive ability, she can still make some use of her First Bite if need be, though her Speed can leave something to be desired when trying to take hits.