Digimon Survive

Jedi

Not to be confused with Metal Gear Survive. 

It's a survival SRPG of sorts, looking to take quite a bit of inspiration from the first season of the Anime. 

https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/30/17630308/digimon-survive-release-date-20th-anniversary

It's looking to have a choice system, with multiple endings, along with routes deciding digivolutions and if characters live or die.

I'm incredibly excited for this game, I still need to play the 2 more recent games, but this seems to appeal more to me personally.

Edited by Jedi

It's nice to see someone else hyped for this on the site. I love Digimon and the new game combines two of my favourite genres. I'm terrible at making decisions though so characters are  definitely gonna die :sob:

2 hours ago, ChickenBits said:

It's nice to see someone else hyped for this on the site. I love Digimon and the new game combines two of my favourite genres. I'm terrible at making decisions though so characters are  definitely gonna die :sob:

Save scum, and make multiple files. Unless this game is like Lost Dimension and auto saves after you do plot important choices.

Man, I always wanted to play a Personamon but lacked a PS4/PSVita for it. Glad it's coming for PC this time. It's definitely on my list.

I love the art style, and sooo excited for a new digimon game. Currently playing CyberSleuth. My only hope is we don't HAVE to keep Agumon as our partner, just because I'd loveee to have Patamon as mine. Excited to learn more about the game!

Huh, this looks interesting. I'll admit, despite liking Digimon since childhood I have let that interest wax and wane for the past few years... but this caught my attention during a waxing phase. So a strategy/survival game, huh. It's a good thing to now it will be for PC, that means I could have the chance to get this one if I decide to.

17 hours ago, Rapier said:

Man, I always wanted to play a Personamon but lacked a PS4/PSVita for it. Glad it's coming for PC this time. It's definitely on my list.

I'm super glad about how wide a console/pc range this game has too yeah. 

9 hours ago, Sunsurge said:

I love the art style, and sooo excited for a new digimon game. Currently playing CyberSleuth. My only hope is we don't HAVE to keep Agumon as our partner, just because I'd loveee to have Patamon as mine. Excited to learn more about the game!

He'll probably be the main partner, this seems to be appealing hugely to the OG season, i'd expect the other characters to have similarly nostalgic mons for the team.

The game's themes seem right up my alley. I like that the game seems to be taking things a bit more seriously but of course I'm not expecting it to take it to the levels of SMT etc. since it's still pegi 12.

I do hope the gameplay is at least decent, it's pretty hard to tell from just the small clips they showed off. And I also hope I can get a wormmon. But the latter isn't a deal-breaker for me.

This trailer surprised me with the tone they seem to be taking. I've been a fan of Digimon since the first season aired and Tamers was my favorite for the different approach in tone and this seems to be taking lost in the digital world scenario from most of the seasons and turning into a much more serious situation. I'm looking forward to what this game and I hope it will have decent difficulty to support the survival theme it has going on.

On 8/1/2018 at 4:24 AM, Modamy said:

This trailer surprised me with the tone they seem to be taking. I've been a fan of Digimon since the first season aired and Tamers was my favorite for the different approach in tone and this seems to be taking lost in the digital world scenario from most of the seasons and turning into a much more serious situation. I'm looking forward to what this game and I hope it will have decent difficulty to support the survival theme it has going on.

The past few games have had a relatively darker tone, it seems like they're going forward with that along with Adventure nostalgia.

22 hours ago, Jedi said:

The past few games have had a relatively darker tone, it seems like they're going forward with that along with Adventure nostalgia.

I've played the cyber sleuth games and I enjoyed them. I mainly meant I enjoyed the darker tone for Digimon as a kind of subversion for a series about kids who fight battles with collectible monsters. Tamers and Frontier were my favorites of the anime since they felt like the ones that deviated the most from what you'd expect. I'm just looking forward to see where this goes since using the "lost in the digital world" setting to tell a survival story is instantly engaging to me.

• 2 weeks later...

New info about the game. Original source in question.

Not much shown, just giving a bit of info on two of the characters from the trailer.

What catches my attention though is that it seems the XOne and PC versions seem to be overseas-only. Japan is only getting it for PS4 and Switch. Perhaps it's not that big of a surprise, but it's there.

18 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

New info about the game. Original source in question.

Not much shown, just giving a bit of info on two of the characters from the trailer.

What catches my attention though is that it seems the XOne and PC versions seem to be overseas-only. Japan is only getting it for PS4 and Switch. Perhaps it's not that big of a surprise, but it's there.

Interesting, still nice that we get all the choice overseas.