Legendary Hero Battle: Lucina

Ginko

@Zeo Well done on the clears! I can tell you really worked hard on those, and it's nice to see your achievements!

Matthew seems to work well in the area around those pillars. Great stuff, but I'm really like your other clears!

Really impressed with the perfectly timed Miracle on Priscilla against Lucina's Aether. WoM Amelia is also great as she scoffs at the limited Armour movement limiter. I know the feeling of being frustrated trying to make a team work for hours and to finally see it come together must be a great feeling- and hey at least forcing you to inherit skills means you have barracks space!

As for your endgame team, despite not having perfect synergy with the PvE teams, you still made it work and that counts.  Also nice use of Brave Shine (and also the Bleach End song in Vid 2 haha). Despite not having a dancer and healer, the assist skills made up for that. Hope the team works well with the new arena for you.

Now I feel bad showing you that Morgan compared to the pain you sound like you've been through with your Morgan team! Well, mine took a number of tries as well because bringing frail fliers in an archer map is pretty crazy haha

Also good luck on looking for employment! I should be putting more effort in that as well myself   Gonna miss whenever you do stop doing clears...or at least, 3 videos haha

@eclipse Oooh Soleil sounds like a monster with her firesweep sword :D Doesn't have to worry about archers at least!

@Selena4Lyfe Nice clear, I wish I had like..3 of the units in that team haha. They look really nice to use!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Amazing clear! Lunge shows it's use once again but what really impressed me here was Cherche. Running Brave Axe and Sword (not +!) on her and Roy to proc Galeforce was crazy enough, but stacking SPD spurs on Roy to get her to double the lance fighter was too much. This might just be my favorite clear of yours, period!

That +8 Cherche is looking amazing as well. You'll be getting another +1 to ATK and SPD once she gets another merge. Can't wait to see the sheer power when she's finished.

Hey thanks, don't make me blush. Glad you like it so much! SPD stacking for Cherche is always fun and it was an interesting exercise here. 

I didn't think it would take so long to get her final merges, but you know that kind of suffering yourself. 

54 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Without going into detail about my business, I'm seeking employment which is honestly pretty cool I think. So I'm not going to have as much time to do this as I used to.

Having a cool job you like to do is something great and important. I'm happy for you. 

56 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Now that I remember, this is actually Matthew Clear #40. Not a bad spot to stop if I wanted to, but I think I might continue just a bit longer. Ride on~

Congrats to your and Matthews 40th jubilee! 

The start is already fantastic with Matthew tanking 5 of 6 enemies, 2 of these dying in the process. This clear was certainly a worthy 40th one. 

58 minutes ago, Zeo said:

this clear is my biggest achievement in Heroes bar none.

Wow, big words but also a more than worthy clear! 

Usually it's hard to guess how difficult of a puzzle a clear has been to the author, but it's obvious here you had to find the 100% strategy for this team for this map. 

Morgan surviving with 1 HP against the sword cav was not even the first indicator (cool how much physical damage he is able to tank with the help of his team and his tome btw.). Few would have left Morgan and Ninian in the line of fire, while bulky Amilia had to stay back and provide Drive DEF support. Also someone had to tank Lucina, who would have thought of Priscilla? 

Every little step screams "there is a deeper purpose"! For example Ninian beaming to the right of Amelia to kill the staff on next EP instead of keeping the team together. 

I generally like beaming action with WoM, but how often and well it's used here is quite astonishing. I especially like the regrouping in the lower corner. 

Congratulations again! Must feel satisfying to pull off a clear like this, my puzzles are way shorter usually. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Which brings us to the surprise. The third clear is one done with my future Endgame team.

Finally. :-) 

Special congratulations on finishing Nino and Lukas, they look great. Also good luck getting the last Matthew copy. 

Sorry you didn't feel the synergy here, but after your Morgan clear a bunch of OP individuals would be something different of course. 

Breaking out of a long used team pattern (CC debuffer, Healer, Dancer, Melee) should be something refreshing for you, it forces to discover new ways of solving things.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

but know that it's been a great ride, and at least for now, it's one of the things that brings me the utmost joy.

Always a pleasure to watch your stuff. I hope you will come back doing these from time to time even in busier periods.  

Congrats on +10'ing Nino and Lukas. It is nice seeing other people enjoying Lukas being a tank.  Did you never get a -Spd Lukas?

Hone Atk on three of your units is probably something you want to change next. I still think Nino would benefit more from an Owl tome. And Drives are much more synergistic with any team (plus they score better). Nino is so powerful that I don't think the extra 4-8 damage would matter.

Take your team into the Arena to see how they stack up and if any changes may or may not be needed.

@Zeo Yeah, I was more disappointed because the map was basically turtling and I couldn't show off some cool movements but it's alright. Having an easy map between Walhart/Takumi is nice once in a while.

Very nice clears!. Matthew could probably solo the map but going with the full team can be more fun. It was a close one with Ayra and the red mage. 

For the Morgan clear, it's really cool to see the team with complete skillsets. The clear itself was full of close calls but nothing your team couldn't surpass. 

The last clear was my favorite, though. Your Lukas is like the ultimate tank, he took no damage, Chrom didn't shine as much this time but he's still badass and Matthew is as awesome as ever. Nino is what I'd call the weak link but that's just my fault for having like 4~5 Ninos with the same build in my friend list, she's as deadly as she was since the early days of the game and that hasn't changed too much. The UBW music was so hype! It took me a few minutes to remember where the song came from but after realizing it the nostalgia kicked in funny because the series isn't that old

Congrats on the awesome clears and good luck finding a nice job! Hopefully it won't take long.

@Zeo You're always welcome here, life permitting.  I have fun watching your stuff, even if I don't say much!  Good luck with your future, and I hope to see you around~!

@mcsilas Soleil has to worry about everything, due to Life and Death.  My build is a full glass cannon.

@Zeo I see your team is coming along nicely! I'd like to +10 Lukas sometime myself, since he was one of my favorite characters from Echoes, but that's a very distant dream for me, since I plan to work on Catria, Palla, Masked Marth, and a few other characters first.

Matthew is definitely coming along quite well for you! I hope you manage to pull that final copy sometime soon. I definitely understand the pain of waiting for those last pulls. I need two more pulls on Cherche, who has been sitting at +8 for several months now. Fir went from +0 to +10 while waiting for those pulls, and I've promoted several others to 5* in the meantime as well. I used to pull Cherche all the time, and now I'm wishing that I had kept more of those copies...!

On 8/9/2018 at 5:35 AM, Zeo said:

@NegativeExponents- The 1 HP remaining strikes again, but the Astra having just enough to kill the green cav on the counter!! Best part of the clear (Although I laughed a bit when the scream singing started right when Odin finished Lucina. That was a close second).

Ayra’s 1hp is much more exciting imo. There’s just something about being at the edge of defeat and not even being able to to counterattack that strikes fear as to what will happen next.

I glad you noticed that part with the scream singing. It’s one of my personal favorite moments from any clear. It’s just funny and feels very fitting for Odin.

Without going into detail about my business, I'm seeking employment which is honestly pretty cool I think.

I’m happy for you! Nothing cooler than having a steady source of income if you ask me. Ok maybe there’s a some better things but that’s still great.

Now that I remember, this is actually Matthew Clear #40. Not a bad spot to stop if I wanted to, but I think I might continue just a bit longer. Ride on~

40 seems like an arbitrary cut off point though 50 sounds better but I guess that’s beside the point. I’ll definitely miss your clears regardless of when you stop.

Surprised to find out you had trouble at all. Just like Alexmender said looks like you could have soloed the map with Matthew or at least pseudo-solo it with some heals from Genny.

But enough bragging. Here it is, my newest crowing achievement. It's not even the last clear, but for me personally, it's the most significant, and a reminder never to give up no matter how impossible things may seem. Hoo-rah~

That didn’t just sound difficult but it LOOKED difficult. That’s not something that is easily conveyed onto others and a clear like that is worth bragging about.

Everyone on your team except Amelia was at one point just about knocking on the Pearly Gates and Lucina was very eager to answer them. WoM on an Amelia to keep her teleporting around the map is simply the best. Also I rarely see dancers take such an active role in battes so all the kudos to you for using Ninian as more than just a dancer.

They're not quite finished. But this is the team, they're here, they're bosses and they score higher in arena than I ever have before. Behold: The Dream Team.

AAAHHHHHhhhh! The debut of the long awaited Endgame Team! I’m sorry that you weren’t able to do a themed clear like you first wanted but this is leagues better.

I bet you didn’t think I’d actually notice that your Chrom also got the last kill against the same enemy in the exact same spot. Well I’m here to let you know I accepted your challenge! ...and hopefully I got it right because I couldn’t find other similarities.

What was the Distand Defense on Chrom for though? He never got attacked by any ranged units so I guess it was to dissuade a certain enemy from attacking him?

I can see what you mean with them lacking synergy though. I think it’s an issue with Nino just like Alexmender and Hawk King said. She just feels like she would benefit from a different build that’s more synergetic to the team she’s in. Especially agree on the part about needing some Drives + new weapon. Her base blade tome isn’t really providing much to her or her team because of how everyone just kinda goes off and does their own thing so Nino doesn’t receive the buffs from the Hones and or even the Rouge Dagger. Or maybe consider some Odd/Even wave skills if you plan to keep blade tome? But even then that just seems really unreliable.

Still though, congratulations! And good luck job hunting!

Edited by NegativeExponents-

@mcsilas Yeah, it's pretty funny to think about but at this point it's hard to surprise with Matthew clears. We all know how much of a beast Matt is at this point so it's more surprising when you see another unit of mine put in work. It's still fun doing the Matt clears though. Sadly it doesn't look like I'll be able to do the Morgan clear for Takumi. I've only got a day left and not only have I not cracked it, but I haven't really had that much time to try.

Also yeah, I wanted to use Hishoku no Sora from probably my favorite anime Shakugan no Shana (though FSN: UBW is probably a close 2nd or 3rd) but I couldn't find the song on youtube which means I wasn't trying to get my video muted or worse: removed. I may try it with a different, less consequential clear in the future to test the waters, but I didn't want to risk it here.

@mampfoid Yeah, this game seems to know the units you want to merge and the ones you aren't interested in. I've pulled probably multiple copies of just about every single solitary red since my last Chrom. Even Eirika and Athena whom are more rare (and ironically enough, the only ones I'm interested in merging otherwise). The close second in rareness is Fir whom, fittingly, I'm waiting on the last copy to make her *4+10. She even has her Nameless Blade already. Meanwhile, I've pulled so many Seliphs I could start a farm.

I envy your puzzles. Mine may look more intricate (and they are) and satisfying to watch, but the difficulty can definitely be a deterrent. Honestly I'm so used to coasting with my Matthew team at this point that sometimes things can get really frustrating with Morgan and his crew. I really wish I had some RES Tactic fodder to boost overall bulk or just.. didn't have to swap skills so often.

Yeah it's funny, I didn't notice I had such a consistent team format. It's refreshing to switch it up though, hence the third clears always being something different. I kinda like that my teams are so unconventional. Not only are general nukes lacking, but I'm running not only less popular debuffers, but healers on the same team which for the longest was considered a no-no.

Thanks for the luck!

@Hawk King They all (maybe except Nino) needed Hone ATK for this clear as both Lukas and Chrom needed to buff Nino at different points. Usually Lukas is running Threaten ATK 3 and Nino actually has Spur DEF/RES which she had been given recently. Things weren't too tough in Arena but the lack of synergy is certainly apparent. An Owl tome is definitely something I've been considering. Even without Close Counter.

@Ice Dragon I generally only put Swap on my tankiest units (like Matthew, who had it long before I gave him any other positioning skill) but for the sake of this clear, everyone needed it except Chrom, so it just worked out that way. Still it was cool having Matt and Lukas tank the first EP and then swapping them out for Nino and Chrom to tank the second one.

@Alexmender It's just a testament to how utterly powerful Nino is. Though it's true her current build lacks synergy in this team and I've long been revealed the nuances of an Owl tome or otherwise Niche Nino build which I'll consider in the future. For now I'm a cookie cutter Nino user, but when she's as powerful as she is, it's not such a bad thing. She's a favorite of mine all the same.

And yeah, it already feels like it's been a while since FSN: UBW (and still no Heaven's Feel). 2nd most enjoyable time I've had watching anime.

@Astellius It's truly sad how often you're given just about every unit in a pool except that one that you want. I've pulled enough copies of units like Setsuna, Azama, Niles, Clarine, Wrys, Gaius, Virion to +10 them, sometimes twice. Meanwhile units like Matthew, Kagero, Sothe, Rebecca and Priscilla, all units I'm interested in, remain occasional to rare. But we keep going and in the end, it makes those last few copies that much more special.

@NegativeExponents- Aha! You're observant! I was wondering if someone was going to ask about this. Without the DD3 seal on Chrom, the healer takes an interest in him instead of Nino and it throws off the entire run to the point that the enemies are clustered in a way that someone dies guaranteed. The little things, I know.

I doubt even a premium C skill would magically give Nino synergy with a team she simply doesn't gel with. The issue is less her, but more so that Chrom really doesn't fit the team. Eirika and Marth would be far more overall synergetic options with the latter filling Chrom's niche of dragon slaying on top of potential DC worthiness. But unfortunately this is where my personal bias comes in. I have 11 Marths and I've had such for over a year. I could +10 him but my heart wouldn't be in it and if my heart's not in it I can't do it.

As for the current team, I'm looking into things for Nino but an owl tome is probably the best option available. We'll get there. For now I need to build my feathers back up. I'm at 63k but I probably won't start spending liberally for a while. 

Thanks for the job wishes everybody!

59 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Hawk King They all (maybe except Nino) needed Hone ATK for this clear as both Lukas and Chrom needed to buff Nino at different points. Usually Lukas is running Threaten ATK 3 and Nino actually has Spur DEF/RES which she had been given recently. Things weren't too tough in Arena but the lack of synergy is certainly apparent. An Owl tome is definitely something I've been considering. Even without Close Counter.

Ah, ok. Good luck getting the rest of the copies you need.

Do you have any +10's projects planned for aiming to score higher in the arena? ie: armors, dragons, etc...

On 8/12/2018 at 9:54 AM, Hawk King said:

Ah, ok. Good luck getting the rest of the copies you need.

Do you have any +10's projects planned for aiming to score higher in the arena? ie: armors, dragons, etc...

I forgot to respond to this. Currently no. The highest scoring unit I'm interested in investing in is Fae who's waiting on Warding Breath and Aether. She, Raven and Nino are the three green units I plan to +10. As for Dragons, A!Tiki is cool, just doesn't really interest me and I hate Nowi with a burning passion.

As for Armors, all the green ones I like are *5 exclusive, Effie is somewhat boring in my opinion and I don't care for Gwendolyn to the point that I've sent copies of her home when I needed space.

This is how you get me to build an armor team: Demote Amelia, put Oswin in the game (as a blue) and demote him and give us a solid red armor and demote him aswell. 

• 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Raven makes his grand entrance in style; landing a follow up attack on Lucina with just the Spd check is not something many Greens are capable of.

Also movement assist shenanigans.

First time Raven and he immediately get's to kill the boss. Nice Swap/Smite combo. 

@mampfoid Whoops, Forging Bonds messed with my accessories.

This one was painful, poor F!Grima got thrown around like a rag doll. There was way more ranged damage than I was expecting, especially from Lucina; that Thögn bow is awful to attacked with. While I did discover that F!Grima could avoid getting doubled with every single Speed buff active, every attempt ended either with F!Grima not having the HP to take one hit, or B!Ninian getting sniped by the Bow Cavalier for trying to use Wings of Mercy to help her. Eventually I managed to get out of Lucina's Future Vision snipe range and nuked her on sight, fortunately she was the last major threat left on the map by that point.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Raven makes his grand entrance in style; landing a follow up attack on Lucina with just the Spd check is not something many Greens are capable of.

Raven is underused and you are cool as hell for making him work without needing the Shield Pulse/Pavise combo.

Edited by Some Jerk

8 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Grima is really a beast, getting best support from her team of course. Will you pull for SPD Tactic? 

One round was enough for that Lucina, perfect revenge (didn't finish Awakening though). 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Grima is really a beast, getting best support from her team of course. Will you pull for SPD Tactic? 

One round was enough for that Lucina, perfect revenge (didn't finish Awakening though). 

No plans to pull for it currently. I'd much rather have Rally Up Spd+ exist instead.

8 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid

The Smite usage was really cool in this one. And nice using Raven, too getting the double on Lucina. 

6 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

This one was painful, poor F!Grima got thrown around like a rag doll. There was way more ranged damage than I was expecting, especially from Lucina; that Thögn bow is awful to attacked with. While I did discover that F!Grima could avoid getting doubled with every single Speed buff active, every attempt ended either with F!Grima not having the HP to take one hit, or B!Ninian getting sniped by the Bow Cavalier for trying to use Wings of Mercy to help her. Eventually I managed to get out of Lucina's Future Vision snipe range and nuked her on sight, fortunately she was the last major threat left on the map by that point.

F!Grima went through a lot here and manages a lot of work on this map. Veronica's good support keeping her alive and using her buff/debuffs. Congrats on the clear!

I am officially stumped on infernal. 
QR 2/DA 2 actually screws ike up and he dies. 
Lissa has too much res, so it changes the AI  and everyone does. 
every other guide uses veronica and you guys are too posh for me ;) :) 
though, I saw what my Future Raven is gonna look like. good job, @LordFrigid!!

so... hopefully by the time Lucina comes back, I'll have a neutral Lissa to play around with, so that's 4 orbs, unclaimed. 
I'm just looking at Hrid's now. he's gonna make me suffer for sacrificing him. 

And here it is

@SatsumaFSoysoy

@mampfoid

@Kaden

Took me 2 hours to refine the strats, which make it somewhat amusing when the end result essentially used my 3 strongest units. Ironically Ursula is absent despite the high amount of Horses in the map

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Took me 2 hours to refine the strats, which make it somewhat amusing when the end result essentially used my 3 strongest units. Ironically Ursula is absent despite the high amount of Horses in the map

Nice one. That Hardin looks scary, eats a lot of hits. Cool Roy still does his work at Abyssal difficulty. 

"I'll run you through!"

On 28.11.2018 at 12:17 PM, LordFrigid said:

Poor Caeda, she does so much work for you and then gets pushed around.

Nice clear as always, also Hector is clearly the MVP here.