August Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

7 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

The next legendary hero still isn't colourless? The inequality here is incredibly annoying, colourless had the greatest potential to actually be interesting 

The developers kinda dug themselves into a hole with the idea of legendary colorless units. 

Anyway, if it’s indeed female and red, it could very well be Aversa, Guinivere or even a Sanaki variant. Legendary Sakura as a red tome unit could work as well.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

The developers kinda dug themselves into a hole with the idea of legendary colorless units. 

Anyway, if it’s indeed female and red, it could very well be Aversa, Guinivere or even a Sanaki variant. Legendary Sakura as a red tome unit could work as well.

No they where perfectly fine, until they decided every legendary bow should have a colour, that's where they screwed themselves, if it is going to be legendary hero as a villain I think it would need to be the main villain of a game, secondary villains wouldn't be noteable enough 

Why? It's not like a stave user Julia would be the worst thing ever.

Nevermind, I forgot alts are part of the satanic cults now.

Edited by Zangetsu

I wonder if the reason we have so few colorless legendary heroes is because the colored bows were originally not meant to exist, but for some reason they do now and are taking away new legendaries that could be added to the colorless pool.

However, that's just speculation that I cannot really add onto. For the legendary banner next month ... well, I think it really depends. Looking at the possible female choices, we have Eirika and Celica and f!Corrin. Personally, I think all of them are not-great choices. Eirika not only has two previous alts (and a not-terrible shot at scoring within top two on CYL next year), but if she really is the red legendary hero, that makes all her versions red. Celica suffers from the same issue, in addition to having a legendary alt coming up. While f!Corrin is a bit less of an issue, if either of the Corrins had to be a legendary hero I'd rather it be a dragonstone-using m!Corrin just to let the male version have a dragon alt, and because f!Grima!Robin is the legendary instead of m!Grima!Robin. Or it could be one of the Muspell sisters, even if that makes less sense with neither of them being ready to switch to the player's side yet.

Assuming that the pattern is broken and we get a male unit, Hrid would be great. Fjorm and Gunnthra are getting their reruns next month, so the best time to debut Hrid would be alongside his sisters. Roy and Marth (or, once again, that dragonstone-using m!Corrin) would be likely options as well. Seliph and Sigurd, would also be possible candidates, but I think they (and Leif, who should be ANYTHING but red) would have much lower priority to be legendary heroes. Xander on a wyvern with Siegfried wouldn't surprise me after Ryoma.

16 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

No they where perfectly fine, until they decided every legendary bow should have a colour, that's where they screwed themselves, if it is going to be legendary hero as a villain I think it would need to be the main villain of a game, secondary villains wouldn't be noteable enough 

They were never fine. The problem lies in how they’ve handled the colorless unit types: daggers are still unremarkable, staves are a turn-off for many and it took the developers over a year to try to fix them. That leaves colorless bow units where Brave Bow+ and Firesweep Bow+ sets reign supreme. If this keeps up, it wouldn’t surprise me if they eventually add the rest of the weapon types to the colorless section and this is before the possibility of beast units. 

Back to topic, I don’t see them making the gyaru sisters into “legendary” status. However, I could see the developers adding them as rewards (like how the BK Happy Meal was) or as part of a limited banner that isn’t the legendary banner. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

8 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

They were never fine. The problem lies in how they’ve handled the colorless unit types: daggers are still unremarkable, staves are a turn-off for many and it took the developers over a year to try to fix them. That leaves colorless bow units where Brave Bow+ and Firesweep Bow+ sets reign supreme. If this keeps up, it wouldn’t surprise me if they eventually add the rest of the weapon types to the colorless section and this before the possibility of beast units. 

And nothing about getting a colour made Lyn or Lucina any less lacklustre, now they are probably worse off because they have to obey the weapon triangle.

Edited by Mackc2

Just now, Mackc2 said:

And nothing about getting a colour made Lyn or Lucina any less lacklustre, 

If anything, those two in particular are “worse” bow units due to them having to fall under the color triangle and its limits. 

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

You people keep mentioning heroes but since F!Grima became a thing, the next legendary could be a villain as well. If that’s the case, Legendary Arvis as an armored mage, Legendary Jahn or Idunn, Ashnard, Legendary Zephiel, Legendary Sumeragi or Mikoto. Screw the “pattern” that has been broken before. 

Thing is neither Ashmard nor Zephiel ever were main character Grima is still sort of Robin so can pass for legendary. 

16 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

And nothing about getting a colour made Lyn or Lucina any less lacklustre, now they are probably worse off because they have to obey the weapon triangle.

While I agree Lucina is lackluster, Lyn being green make her great. Blue is pretty dangerous color in metagame. 

2 hours ago, Johann said:

It could be Seliph, but if it is, he wouldn't be wind-- they always touch on all 4 elements before using one again, so the next 3 Legendary heroes have to be Water, Earth, and Fire in some order that we can't verify right now.

But then we would have another Red Water wouldn't that be a little repetitive?

2 hours ago, Ae†her said:

But then we would have another Red Water wouldn't that be a little repetitive?

We already have two Green Winds with Gunnthra and Lyn though. Having repeating colors and elements was bound to happen eventually anyways.

If the next legendary is truly red female then I'm guessing Celica. Milking two Celica alts at the same time wouldn't be so far fetched

If there'll be a pattern breaker I guess either Hrid, Marth or Eliwood. I kinda wish it would be Eliwood because he could then get a new weapon refinement and I'm unsure if Eliwood and Seliph will ever get one

The first cycle of legendary heroes can end with Eliwood and Marth just not getting an alt of a red color. If they decide to have a female red unit then that leaves one red spot, but that will most likely go to Alm to finish the colored bow triangle. Eliwood could be blue, but that would mean maybe Micaiah wouldn't get a blue spot or she gets a green spot instead. Of course they've been avoiding colorless legendary heroes so maybe they have space for more of other colors

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

They were never fine. The problem lies in how they’ve handled the colorless unit types: daggers are still unremarkable, staves are a turn-off for many and it took the developers over a year to try to fix them. That leaves colorless bow units where Brave Bow+ and Firesweep Bow+ sets reign supreme. If this keeps up, it wouldn’t surprise me if they eventually add the rest of the weapon types to the colorless section and this is before the possibility of beast units. 

Legendary banners would be a great opportunity to add good colorless units because you're free to give them powerful preferred weapons and unique skills. Imagine a Staff legendary with a 14 might weapon and Razzle Dazzle as their B skill. That would be enticing.

55 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

While I agree Lucina is lackluster, Lyn being green make her great. Blue is pretty dangerous color in metagame. 

Isn't it the other way around? Lucina has a strong stat line focused on offense and Lyn is a bizarre mix of skills and stats, not being exceptional at anything.

It could always be Loptous. A Colorless Loptous. A Colorless Earth Loptous. Everyone loves Loptous

Or even better, they could use Veld. No one could possibly be angry about Veld finally being a unit & legendary one at that.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Isn't it the other way around? Lucina has a strong stat line focused on offense and Lyn is a bizarre mix of skills and stats, not being exceptional at anything.

Lucina is the better archer by far but having a colour helps Lyn act as somewhat of a range counter, without WTA she would useless at that too.

Lucina would very much have preferred to be colourless, being blue just gets in the way of shooting everything cause now she can't shoot greens effectively 

Also I agree that a legendary staff user would be amazing maybe miciah 

Edited by Mackc2

The chance of a Red Female Hero makes me hope for Eirika (if we get CYL next month she could accompany Ephraim!) but also afraid of getting that hope crushed - that and the fact that having 3 versions by next year could cripple her CYL chances (I don't want her to lose to Camilla and/or Tharja again...)

I can't think of any other good choices for females though - Celica would be in poor taste (though again, IS plana these in advance so it may be too late for them to change anything). Red Bow Anna would be interesting (both mechanically and as a catalyst for fandom shenanigans), I suppose. I think F!Grima only got in because she's a variant of a protagonist (Robin) and because she's from a recent game, so I don't know if Idunn or any other antagonists are viable.

Then again, Lucina showed that LHeroes don't need to be remotely canon so we could very well get a Red Bow Celica or something. Mila's Bow, anyone?

54 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Lucina is the better archer by far but having a colour helps Lyn act as somewhat of a range counter, without WTA she would useless at that too.

Lucina would very much have preferred to be colourless, being blue just gets in the way of shooting everything cause now she can't shoot greens effectively 

Also I agree that a legendary staff user would be amazing maybe miciah 

By that logic, aren't all colored range units inferior to colorless? She won't hit as hard vs green but reds will be that much easier to kill.

4 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I don't think so. Lyn can cover such threats as Rein or Nowi, wher Lucina would want be replaced by Rein or Nowi. Lyn also does relatively good job as counter unit as she stack lot of buffs, where I don't think Lucina can reliable kill swords and Lances (Dragons would eat her alive) with DC because low bulk.

56 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I don't think so. Lyn can cover such threats as Rein or Nowi, wher Lucina would want be replaced by Rein or Nowi. Lyn also does relatively good job as counter unit as she stack lot of buffs, where I don't think Lucina can reliable kill swords and Lances (Dragons would eat her alive) with DC because low bulk.

Saying Lucina can be replaced by Rein or Nowi is pretty silly, you could say the same about Olwen and Fae being better options to use than Lyn. Lyn has a decent skill set to counter blue and green mages (even with her skills active, that's just 34 res) but she barely does any better than Lucina vs dragons (Lucina's lower defense stat is 20 vs Lyn's which is 21). Lucina has 52 attack and 46 spd when attacking melee units, compared to Lyn's 49/41. All in all, Lyn requires team support just to function on a basic level, whereas Lucina is a better unit even without team support. I like Lyn as much as anyone, but "Can counter Reinhardt" is the only badge of honor she has, something that many other green units can accomplish.

there is lot of green units that can do same job, but that honestly doesn't matter as there isn't much green meta-defining unit, which you want have in your team for any cost. There might be better green, but they aren't better a lot and of course they don't give blessing. There is certainly much bigger competion for blue spot than for green.

Also with low bulk she still will have trouble to fight High high atk DC  swordslike Xander or Ryouma (Or Aira as she occasionaly runs DC in her A slot)  unless in desperation range, where there isn't much blue mages  Lyn would have disatvantage against. PP infantry  is much worse then cavalry or flyers, but for EP movement type doesn't really matter. Team support is perfectly non-issue for EP units too.

I will ask you, what  would rather  replace in your team to get blessing. Rein/Nowi or Julia/F!Robin?

Edited by Tenzen12

7 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

tbh Lucina would be very oppressiv with a colorless bow, so i am glad i can simply counter her with a green unit ¬.¬. If she were colorless you would need some hefty bulky melee unit( 45+ and higher Def) or a triangle adept raven unit/very high def mage to adequatly kill her/survive her

8 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

You people keep mentioning heroes but since F!Grima became a thing, the next legendary could be a villain as well.

Except they labeled them "Robin", so it seems they were going for a mixed approach. Using the name of the popular main hero, but the gameplay of a rather unpopular (or so I guess) villain. No other character is like this.

9 hours ago, Florete said:

I could see them go a bit more wild again and give Micaiah Balberith (and put Pelleas fans on suicide watch)

Pelleas fans on suicide watch? Shouldn't they have learned from their favorite the futility of such an action? (And seriously speaking of Heroes, even if such a thing existed, Pelleas could still get Balberith.)

6 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Or even better, they could use Veld. No one could possibly be angry about Veld finally being a unit & legendary one at that.

Well Stone would have the power to be quite good. Gravity + inability to counterattack + enemy gets +1 Special acceleration when attacking you. Just make him massively durable, massively slow, and dump his Atk stat to create as a much a "guaranteed to live for a round and petrify you in turn" character as possible.