August Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

How many times did we get Frobin again on a legendary banner? I might be wrong, but it feels like she has shown up several times in a row now. 

I'm hoping for some units I missed such as Lene, Shiro and Legendary Hector.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Sasori said:

How many times did we get Frobin again on a legendary banner? I might be wrong, but it feels like she has shown up several times in a row now. 

I'm hoping for some units I missed such as Lene, Shiro and Legendary Hector.

This current banner is Robin's 5th, and it's very likely that she'll be on the next several.

45 minutes ago, Johann said:

This current banner is Robin's 5th, and it's very likely that she'll be on the next several.

Oh thats even worse then I thought. I thouht it was only 3 times, not 5. They probably should give colourless units more attention so they have more variety.

I wouldn't mind getting cavalry Eirika with Bold Fighter Flashing Blade on a Sieglinde alt (Attack +3, Flashing Blade 3) and Lunar Brace (adds Moonbow's effect to her Special) as her B skill, allowing her to run the equivalent of Zelgius's Bold Fighter + Black Luna combo.

5 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I don't think so. Lyn can cover such threats as Rein or Nowi, wher Lucina would want be replaced by Rein or Nowi. Lyn also does relatively good job as counter unit as she stack lot of buffs, where I don't think Lucina can reliable kill swords and Lances (Dragons would eat her alive) with DC because low bulk.

Lucina has better offensive stats than Reinhardt, and Future Vision gives her more potential reach. It also makes her more unpredictable as an AI-controlled unit.

I don't denny that. Though making use of that kind of reach sound like lot pain to set up and I don't think better offensive stats make her better PP unit especially as she physical attacker and there are also few units she might not be able double, which is not issue with Rein

She might indeed be bothersome in defense teams. Certainly better than legendary Lyn in that aspect. Maybe better then Rein because WoM and FV. Though I would like to see it in action first. Anyway do defense team get bonus from blessing? I have vague impression it's not the case.

Edited by Tenzen12

6 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I don't denny that. Though making use of that kind of reach sound like lot pain to set up and I don't think better offensive stats make her better PP unit especially as she physical attacker and there are few units she might not be able double, which is not issue with Rein

Setting up Future Vision really isn't that hard. You can simply target someone right next to you, and voila you now have an effective 3 movement that isn't impeded by trenches at the cost of the other unit moving back one square. That's already better than cavalry mobility.

Physical attackers are less handicapped by targeting Def lower in the Arena where bulkier units are less common, and Lucina can run a Brave Bow set that has the same firepower as Reinhardt (Lucina has +2 Atk over Reinhardt, which perfectly offsets Dire Thunder's +2 Atk over Brave Bow+), but with more Spd.

Additionally, Lucina has access to Cancel Affinity, unlike Reinhardt, which prevents Triangle Adept Gronnraven users from being able to tank her when she is controlled by the AI.

13 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Thing is neither Ashmard nor Zephiel ever were main character Grima is still sort of Robin so can pass for legendary. 

Who ever said that there were any rules set in stone for “legendary hero” banners? They can put whoever they want. Remember how many thought it was going to be only OCs and then actual legends like the 12 Crusaders, Athos or Anri? FEH has been recruiting villains like nobody’s business for over a year now. There are no rules. 

12 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Legendary banners would be a great opportunity to add good colorless units because you're free to give them powerful preferred weapons and unique skills. Imagine a Staff legendary with a 14 might weapon and Razzle Dazzle as their B skill. That would be enticing.

And yet F!Grima has been on legendary banners nonstop since her debut and you’re being a little too optimistic about that staff legendary, knock those expectations down a bit.  They’ve been very, very slow with staff units and they have no confidence on making them as the star of a banner which is probably why Olivia got another alt for no real reason.  It’s not like the main series is lacking on dancers or bards. 

@Interdimensional Observer Because that’s the name of the vessel Grima is using as a host.  

Edited by Lord-Zero

So armors and dragons aren't thing in arena anymore? While I am pretty far from this tier 21 thing, I do meet lot of bulky units in arena. 

@Lord-Zero OC we got were also part of main cast and lords to boot. With bit of luck these units you want will get in as GBH, but almost certainly not as legendary hero. Rules are pretty obvious at this point 

Kind of a bad move to have f!Robin as the only colorless legendary hero for so many months on end, in my opinion. Fjorm, Gunnthra, and Ike enjoyed a few straight months of not having to share their spot, but Ephraim has always had the share his spot. As does any other red, blue, and green that comes after the initial three. And because we keep on getting red and blue and green legendary heroes, if you miss one on their initial run it becomes that much of a longer wait to get them the next time they show up. There's also no guarantee you'll get them the next time. I haven't pulled a single legendary Ephraim or legendary Grima since their debut. And this month's banner is only my second shot at a Ryoma or Lyn. Miss them, and I'm waiting for about three months.

Avoiding colorless heroes other than f!Robin not only gives her way too long of a run in colorless, but it also sucks for the other legendary heroes of different colors because they get less time on the banners and less people have a shot to get them. Unless they're willing to whale until they get a single copy, which I can't think of too many people doing.

Leif should be our second legendary staff hero. Give him a personal staff with rescue as a personal assist skill, and don't let his legendary personal staff be forged to include wrathful or dazzling. (Including one of the two effects as innate to the weapon is fine, though.) That sounds fair.

Edited by Sunwoo

I think Hrid will be October if they stick to the 2F>2M>2F cycle. Since it's been Fjorm>Gunnthra>Ike>Ephraim>F!Grima>Lyn>Hector>Ryoma>Lucina, next LH has to be another female. Leagjarn or Levaetain are my bet, or another Fem Lord. It'd be nice to get a L!Eirika to complement her brother since I think August will be an Earth hero.

Edit: forgot that Nohrian Lord Corrin has access to tomes...guess we know August's hero

Edited by silverserpent

Colored bows were a mistake. I still don't understand what the purpose of these even was besides giving justification to Legendary Lyn's existence. They just take up spots for other colors while leaving Colorless vacant. I'm surprised that there is no vocal complaints about Legendary Robin considering she keeps appearing over and over again.

Since CYL is likely to drop this month (though we have yet to see the schedule) I think Legendary Marth might be a thing. At least if you look at the CYL2 page they seem to achknowledge that Marth should have overtaken Ephraim, so if he doesn't show up at the CYL banner having a Legendary variant seems like a proper tribute to that. Besides this is way overdue.
If it is story-relevant (nice joke btw.) it's probably Hrid though he wouldn't fit season-wise.

Not to mention none of the female candidates seem likely.
Eirika will definetly earn the ire of the fanbase since she has a regular Alt. IS can't be that stupid, right? I don't have faith in them.
Celica is a CYL winner. Having 2 Celicas in a single month is just asking to have a Lyn/Hector situation again.
Aside from that who could be a female Red Legendary Hero? Can't imagine any of the 2 Muspell sisters to join either. Tome Carmilla? Then winter has come.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well Stone would have the power to be quite good. Gravity + inability to counterattack + enemy gets +1 Special acceleration when attacking you. Just make him massively durable, massively slow, and dump his Atk stat to create as a much a "guaranteed to live for a round and petrify you in turn" character as possible. 

Real Talk:

Final Bosses really do need to GHB already. Unless Zephiel & Lyon already counts.

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

I'm surprised that there is no vocal complaints about Legendary Robin considering she keeps appearing over and over again.

As much I don't like double standards, why should there be? All this means is that there's chance pull for her again.

At least if you look at the CYL2 page they seem to achknowledge that Marth should have overtaken Ephraim, so if he doesn't show up at the CYL banner having a Legendary variant seems like a proper tribute to that. Besides this is way overdue.

People better not be whine how there's going to be 4 Marths. As far I'm concern, if anyone deserve to have a shit ton of alts it's him

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Edit: forgot that Nohrian Lord Corrin has access to tomes...guess we know August's hero

Why doesn't anyone remember that "Hoshido Noble" Corrin uses staves?

Oh right, Fatesawakening=alts=satanic culture

Edited by Zangetsu

Aside from that who could be a female Red Legendary Hero? Can't imagine any of the 2 Muspell sisters to join either. Tome Carmilla? Then winter has come.

They could go with Sanaki, Aversa, Nagi, Nanna, Guinivere, Caeda, Lilina, Eirika, Mist, Micaiah, Tharja, Sakura, Elise, or F!Corrin. I do hope they break the pattern and it turns out to be a male legendary hero. As for “why Tharja”? She’s popular enough to try to meme her way into legendary stalker status. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

14 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

They could go with Sanaki, Aversa, Nagi, Nanna, Guinivere, Caeda, Lilina, Eirika, Mist, Micaiah, Tharja, Sakura, Elise, or F!Corrin. I do hope they break the pattern and it turns out to be a male legendary hero. As for “why Tharja”? She’s popular enough to try to meme her way into legendary stalker status. 

I'll accept practically anyone you mentioned, especially Tharja.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

What if they start giving legendary hero alt to characters who already have a legendary hero alt eventually? 

Assuming that at the very least every lord will get a legendary alt, they still have more than a year's worth to go through before they start recycling: Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Eliwood, Eirika, Micaiah, Chrom, M!Robin, M!Corrin, F!Corrin. 

In other words, they shouldn't have to resort to that anytime soon with all those names still available plus others they could well make into legendaries as well (Caeda, Julia, Lilina, Ninian, Azura, Xander or any other Fates royal, etc.).

Edit: dumbly forgot about Micaiah

Edited by Tybrosion

4 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Because that’s the name of the vessel Grima is using as a host.  

Except in Awakening, the host you fight in the final battle is called Grima. And they just as much used to be a Robin. 

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Why doesn't anyone remember that "Hoshido Noble" Corrin uses staves?

Oh right, Fatesawakening=alts=satanic culture

First, Nohrrin is in the official artwork Forrin typically, and Morrin is Hoshidorrin. Second, CQ seems to have a lean over BR in popularity.

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

Tome Carmilla? Then winter has come.

She starts with Thunder in CQ, so I'd expect her to be Blue. Then again, her 2nd BR fight is her blowing up some slummy alleyways, which seems more Red.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Assuming that at the very least every lord will get a legendary alt, they still have more than a year's worth to go through before they start recycling: Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Eliwood, Eirika, Chrom, M!Robin, M!Corrin, F!Corrin. 

In other words, they shouldn't have to resort to that anytime soon with all those names still available plus others they could well make into legendaries as well (Caeda, Julia, Lilina, Ninian, Azura, Xander or any other Fates royal, etc.).

Micaiah's missing from the list- she's touted as a main character of Radiant Dawn, so she probably deserves a legendary at least as much as any Fates royal or possibly Celica (Note: I haven't played Fates or Echoes, so I'm unsure of their exact role).  So there are definitely plenty of main characters left to go before they should need to recycle.

Edited by Venmi

9 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Micaiah's missing from the list- she's touted as a main character of Radiant Dawn, so she probably deserves a legendary at least as much as any Fates royal or possibly Celica (Note: I haven't played Fates or Echoes, so I'm unsure of their exact role).  So there are definitely plenty of main characters left to go before they should need to recycle.

Damn it, that was a honest mistake, and also a rather dumb one given that I listed all the remaining lords on Notepad and didn't forget her on that.

4 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

And yet F!Grima has been on legendary banners nonstop since her debut and you’re being a little too optimistic about that staff legendary, knock those expectations down a bit.  They’ve been very, very slow with staff units and they have no confidence on making them as the star of a banner which is probably why Olivia got another alt for no real reason.  It’s not like the main series is lacking on dancers or bards. 

I did say it was an "opportunity", not that I think they'll cash in on it. That said, Loki was given a legendary staff so there is precedent to add more things like her.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Damn it, that was a honest mistake, and also a rather dumb one given that I listed all the remaining lords on Notepad and didn't forget her on that.

It happens!  Just wanted to make sure she got added to the list :)

I wouldn't even say that staff is one of Corrin's iconic weapons -- it's either the Yato, or their dragonstone. Micaiah and Leif are far more likely as staff users when it comes to lords -- Micaiah because it is the only thing she can wield besides staff magic and her special ability is healing; Leif because staves seem to be a lot more important when it comes to FE4 playthroughs, and his mother wielded staves too.

To be completely honest, I'm really not looking forward to next month's legendary hero if it really is a red female. Some of the possible female choices (Eirika and Celica) have already received alts (or will be receiving one in the near future), other female choices just don't fit red that well (Micaiah, Elincia if she's relevant enough), other possible female choices have also received way too many alts and/or just aren't good choices for legendary lord (Fates sisters, any non-plot important non-lord), and while there's nothing objectively wrong with the last option I can think of I just really hate them (Corrin).

Edelgard with a sword as a legendary hero, maybe

@Interdimensional Observer I’m talking about the FEH version. FEH has both of them listed under their hosts’ name and they’re considered Robin alts by the developers themselves.

@NekoKnightLoki is irrelevant to this as long as she remains exclusively as an enemy unit. Maribelle could be considered that “precedent” that you speak of. I’d wait until they drop more new staff users before calling it a proper “precedent”. 

We’re a over a year too early to even consider Edelgard. 

Edited by Lord-Zero