August Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Assuming that at the very least every lord will get a legendary alt, they still have more than a year's worth to go through before they start recycling: Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Eliwood, Eirika, Micaiah, Chrom, M!Robin, M!Corrin, F!Corrin. 

In other words, they shouldn't have to resort to that anytime soon with all those names still available plus others they could well make into legendaries as well (Caeda, Julia, Lilina, Ninian, Azura, Xander or any other Fates royal, etc.).

Edit: dumbly forgot about Micaiah

I meant what if IS decided to ignore some of the less popular lords and instead cycle through the most popular ones again. I doubt they'd stoop that low but you never know. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

I didn't forget, I just doubt that IS is going to do a Staff-Legendary. Not anytime soon, at least.

Unless you can name another lord that uses a stave. H!Corrin is the only lord I know that uses a stave. Unless Julia counts

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First, Nohrrin is in the official artwork Forrin typically, and Morrin is Hoshidorrin. Second, CQ seems to have a lean over BR in popularity.

You're talking like BR isn't even popular, it still sold well. And Ryoma got a legendary alt before Xander did so that should imply something. Then again, Echoes sold well too & we still don't have any banners about them. Which frustrates me to no ends.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Unless you can name another lord that uses a stave. H!Corrin is the only lord I know that uses a stave. Unless Julia counts

You're talking like BR isn't even popular, it still sold well. And Ryoma got a legendary alt before Xander did so that should imply something. Then again, Echoes sold well too & we still don't have any banners about them. Which frustrates me to no ends.

Echoes had two banners back when it was released. But they do deserve another one sometime soon. We need Kliff, Jesse and Silque.

As people have pointed out, Micaiah, Leif, and a couple others utilize staves. They might do Kinshi!Sakura as a Legendary staff healer for all we know.

36 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Micaiah. Leif. As said on the previous page. Elincia if she counts.

Edited by Sunwoo

59 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Echoes had two banners back when it was released. But they do deserve another one sometime soon. We need Kliff, Jesse Forsyth, Python and Silque.

Thar you go, I fix that for you.

Me being prick aside, why Jesse?

If Silque really does make it into the game she better be a refresher unit. I don't care if that was actually Faye that has "anew", they made her an archer & gave Tobin a crap skill stats. Plus that's her singing "Heritors of Arcadia". Well it's her voice actress anyways.

#onlycyanhairgirlscansing&danceinFireEmblem

43 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Micaiah. Leif. As said on the previous page.

Well, there we go. We have our colorless Legendaries, case close & find something else to harass IS about.

44 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Elincia if she counts.

Unless she was really irrelevant in Radiant Dawn, why wouldn't she count?

30 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Unless she was really irrelevant in Radiant Dawn, why wouldn't she count?

I wouldn't call her irrelevant in RD at all.

However, Part 2, while acknowledged generally as having some of FE's finest writing, is in the grand scheme of things, filler. Its story serves to let time pass between Part 1 before you get to Part 3, where the tension mounts heavily again. Yet, Part 2's plot relates little to the other three parts, it opens with Crimea feeling some resonance of Daein's rebirth, and ends with Ike's first appearance in RD, but the villain and the machinations owe nothing to the villains of the rest of the game, it's self-contained. And in a game where the other parts would have liked more chapters, and the game already being rather long, that is an issue.

BUT! Without RD Part 2, Elincia wouldn't be as loved as she is! Path of Radiance Elincia is just a cliched damsel no better than Nyna or Guinevere. Radiant Dawn is what makes Elincia into a strong, memorable character worthy of high praise. It puts her through the challenges of actually being an actual reigning monarch, something that from Marth to Corrin and Almica, no other FE character really ever deals with.

In addition, once Part 2 is past, Elincia keeps her development, and she gets some not as central, but still existent spotlight in Part 3 and Part 4 as well. Some might say her biggest moment in Part 3 undermines her P2 development, but I'd say its more her keeping her character whilst also being strong and developed (she was just stupid for not having a weapon while being an NPC and yet charging into the enemy). Then there is this one sad and brief moment in the Extended Script where she bears the weight of the death of 5000 troops she loaned Ike and Sanaki with the strength of a queen.

Part 4 isn't really eventful for Elincia, but with Tibarn she co-leads the Hawk Army. She and him form a contrast between an Orderly Beorc and a Chaotic Laguz, which suits the bits of philosophical dialogue you find exchanged in the Hawk Army, not really relevant to the main plot, but good chatter and contributing to the world in a way. Compared to Tibarn, Elincia is a much less experienced ruler, but nonetheless, owing to her Part 2 development, she is able to confidently stand besides him as his monarchal equal. It's a subtle capstone to her growth as a character.

...And so ends my explanatory adoration of RD Elincia.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

45 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Well, there we go. We have our colorless Legendaries, case close & find something else to harass IS about.

Great. Where are our non-Grima colorless legendaries then? Why haven't they been released yet? Why have they been only adding red, blue, and green legendaries and giving all of the non-colorless legendaries a shorter run time?

Unless IS releases more colorless legendaries in the pool, we don't "have" our colorless legendaries.

43 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So in other words, she would count. Unless she's about relevant as Ceada & Lillina. Who I still think are pretty relevant regardless.

They could certainly fit her in. Micaiah fans would feel totally spited if she wasn't Legendary yet and Elincia was, but otherwise, Elincia could work.

The comparison to Caeda and Lilina is a little tricky.

On the one hand, Caeda and Lilina never appear beyond a certain point in the plot. Lilina disappears from the plot after Chapter 8x, and beyond supports only appears again with an A Roy support in the ending (outside of her recruiting Barret and Gonzalez- but this isn't plot dialogue). Caeda in Shadow Dragon only appears in Chapter 1, the ending, and the bunch of non-plot recruitments and the optional Ogma convo she can have. Caeda's plot appearances in Mystery are restricted to the Prologue, her recruitment, those who she recruits, and the ending. Binding Blade, on the heroes' side, is a Roy monologue punctuated by Guinevere, Merlinus, Elffin, and some more in passing NPCs. Shadow Dragon replaces Merlinus with Malledus, Guinevere with Nyna, and adds Gotoh while dropping Elffin, but is otherwise a Marth monologue, worse than Binding. Mystery seems to move away from this model somewhat, making it closer to Binding, and then FE12 adds Kris to everything.

Elincia has tens of times more dialogue than Lilina and Caeda in the plot (the absence of real RD supports is a blow on that front, but Elincia gets plenty of characterization in the main plot through both PoR and RD). However, she is in a game with a lot more plot dialogue and a lot more main/supporting actors contributing to things. Sanaki, despite only making appearances in Parts 3 and 4, gets her own mini character arc, as does the REAL Young Lion of FE- Skrimir (I love the guy!). I'd go so far as to call Part 3 in the Laguz Alliance less Ike-centric and more an ensemble, since Ike isn't particularly important here, he, Ranulf, Skrimir, Tibarn, and Soren all get a fair share of the dialogue and spotlight.

56 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't call her irrelevant in RD at all.

However, Part 2, while acknowledged generally as having some of FE's finest writing, is in the grand scheme of things, filler. Its story serves to let time pass between Part 1 before you get to Part 3, where the tension mounts heavily again. Yet, Part 2's plot relates little to the other three parts, it opens with Crimea feeling some resonance of Daein's rebirth, and ends with Ike's first appearance in RD, but the villain and the machinations owe nothing to the villains of the rest of the game, it's self-contained. And in a game where the other parts would have liked more chapters, and the game already being rather long, that is an issue.

BUT! Without RD Part 2, Elincia wouldn't be as loved as she is! Path of Radiance Elincia is just a cliched damsel no better than Nyna or Guinevere. Radiant Dawn is what makes Elincia into a strong, memorable character worthy of high praise. It puts her through the challenges of actually being an actual reigning monarch, something that from Marth to Corrin and Almica, no other FE character really ever deals with.

In addition, once Part 2 is past, Elincia keeps her development, and she gets some not as central, but still existent spotlight in Part 3 and Part 4 as well. Some might say her biggest moment in Part 3 undermines her P2 development, but I'd say its more her keeping her character whilst also being strong and developed (she was just stupid for not having a weapon while being an NPC and yet charging into the enemy). Then there is this one sad and brief moment in the Extended Script where she bears the weight of the death of 5000 troops she loaned Ike and Sanaki with the strength of a queen.

Part 4 isn't really eventful for Elincia, but with Tibarn she co-leads the Hawk Army. She and him form a contrast between an Orderly Beorc and a Chaotic Laguz, which suits the bits of philosophical dialogue you find exchanged in the Hawk Army, not really relevant to the main plot, but good chatter and contributing to the world in a way. Compared to Tibarn, Elincia is a much less experienced ruler, but nonetheless, owing to her Part 2 development, she is able to confidently stand besides him as his monarchal equal. It's a subtle capstone to her growth as a character.

...And so ends my explanatory adoration of RD Elincia.

Pelleas deals with the challenges of a reigning monarch so Elincia being the only character dealing with challenges relating to being a monarch is false.

38 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Pelleas deals with the challenges of a reigning monarch so Elincia being the only character dealing with challenges relating to being a monarch is false.

Oh yes, I forgot him, despite being in the same game. A little pathetic, which is at the core of his character (as is having a good heart), but yes he does deal with the travails of monarchy. He has his Part 1 big moment, and his willingness for his own somber moment later on is certainly admirable, but he isn't quite the same as Elincia. Pelleas never truly develops into a full-fledged king as Elincia does a matured queen. And of course, in the ending, Pelleas gives up the throne to Micaiah, signifying his inability in the role. (To be fair, one should know their limits, and he certainly gave it his best at trying to be a monarch in pressing circumstances you can't deny that, but between his obvious failure and certain revelations, his choice is reasonable.)

Either way, my MAIN point was that Elincia does what no main character in FE: Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Micaiah, Chrom, Robin, Lucina, or Corrin; has ever done. All of them just fought wars of external defense, or liberation or salvation, none had to deal with internal issues. Chrom did become Exalt in Awakening after the Gangrel Arc, but internal/governmental issues are never at hand, the same for FE3 Marth.

Given how Gunnthra is currently the one single legendary hero that boosts RES, I'd say that it depends on whether IS are going to treat RES boosting legendary heroes the way they treat gray colored legendary heroes or not. By which I mean that it depends on whether they'll be avoiding releasing any like the plague or not. I mean, they did avoid making Hector into a RES boosting hero. Or, depending on how you look at it, they avoided releasing a RES boosting fire legendary hero for the sake of someone who could be a fire legendary hero while also being associated with a stat other than DEF or RES. Though, they'll have to release the RES boosting legendary heroes at some point but they still have they option of putting off releasing such legendary heroes for any of the elements other than wind until the very last of these four release cycles of legendary heroes. And the current cycle is only the third one rather than the fourth and last one.

So, given that the hero will be red and either fire or earth elemental? If they decide to put off releasing a RES boosting legendary hero once again then I could see IS bucking the gender trend and making it so that the one for late August ends up beng a fire elemental speed boosting legendary Roy. Or maybe an earth elemental defense boosting legendary Xander or something. Perhaps some sort Marth or Alm? I'd say that those last two are far less likely, than even Xander, though. Though, Eirika might be it as a legendary fire (or maybe earth after all) elemental hero for either of the boosts.

If IS does decide to finally release a second RES boosting legendary hero in late August, though? Then I'd say that the most likely candidate for that is a fire elemental legendary Celica. She is a tome user so IS shoving her of all people into the role of a RES boosting legendary hero, especially a fire elemental one and just to get the concept of "releasing another RES boosting legendary hero" over and done with for the time being, wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

9 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

So, given that the hero will be red and either fire or earth elemental? If they decide to put off releasing a RES boosting legendary hero once again then I could see IS bucking the gender trend and making it so that the one for late August ends up beng a fire elemental speed boosting legendary Roy. Or maybe an earth elemental defense boosting legendary Xander or something. Perhaps some sort Marth or Alm? I'd say that those last two are far less likely, than even Xander, though. Though, Eirika might be it as a legendary fire hero for either of the boosts.

If IS does decide to finally release a second RES boosting legendary hero in late August, though? Then I'd say that the most likely candidate for that is a fire elemental legendary Celica. She is a tome user so IS shoving her of all people into the role of the RES boosting legendary hero, especially a fire elemental one, just to get the concept of "releasing another RES boosting legendary hero" over and done with for the time being wouldn't surprise me.

Honestly, I hope the next legendary hero don't be Marth. I want him, but not before CYL. I want to keep orbs...

Writing Speaking about CYL... please no more Celicas. I know units are planned months before their release, but I am sure at this point IS already had the CYL results, and release a Legendary Celica some days before CYL 2 would be a mistake.

I like the idea of Xander or Eirika, but there are another problem: we probably know that Hríd is a candidate for Legendary Hero with a sword, and I believe he will be the next red hero after CYL, but with him we will have 3 sword heroes. If IS decide to go with Xander, Eirika or even Marth and keep them as sword units, we will have 4 sword legendary heroes... IS could do a red archer, but 2 archer in a row is not that interesting. Maybe a red tome legendary Hero, with Res boost.But (again), when I think about a red mage... I think about Celica... My hopes are for Micaiah...

i noticed that there is post-awakening LH pre-awakening LH pattern since Grima, so, I guess the next LH would be: 

-red

-Female

-Someone from pre-awakening game. 

I wonder if Celica counts as pre-awakening, or else, we could see either another Eirika, Elincia, or maybe even Lilina, but that's less likely. 

7 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

i noticed that there is post-awakening LH pre-awakening LH pattern since Grima, so, I guess the next LH would be: 

-red

-Female

-Someone from pre-awakening game. 

I wonder if Celica counts as pre-awakening, or else, we could see either another Eirika, Elincia, or maybe even Lilina, but that's less likely. 

The Legendary Hero can and cannot be related to the current banner. We have a special heroes banner this month and the next one will ṕrobably be a new heroes banner. This banner can give us a tip to what unit expect as Legendary Hero. Of course, we can have a Fates Banner and get a Valentia's Legendary, as Legendary Lyn as a example (the current banner was Wings of Fate). I believe the next hero will be pre-awakening, and Shadows of Valencia can be and cannot be considered pre-awakening, because it's the most recent game but it has Gaiden characters.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The Legendary Hero can and cannot be related to the current banner. We have a special heroes banner this month and the next one will ṕrobably be a new heroes banner. This banner can give us a tip to what unit expect as Legendary Hero. Of course, we can have a Fates Banner and get a Valentia's Legendary, as Legendary Lyn as a example (the current banner was Wings of Fate). I believe the next hero will be pre-awakening, and Shadows of Valencia can be and cannot be considered pre-awakening, because it's the most recent game but it has Gaiden characters.

What if next new heroes banner is CYL2? It didn't give us any hint to who the august LH is.

7 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

What if next new heroes banner is CYL2? It didn't give us any hint to who the august LH is.

That's also a possibility. If CYL happens at the same time as August LH, having Celica as LH would be worst thing. Two Celicas at the same time.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh yes, I forgot him, despite being in the same game. A little pathetic, which is at the core of his character (as is having a good heart), but yes he does deal with the travails of monarchy. He has his Part 1 big moment, and his willingness for his own somber moment later on is certainly admirable, but he isn't quite the same as Elincia. Pelleas never truly develops into a full-fledged king as Elincia does a matured queen. And of course, in the ending, Pelleas gives up the throne to Micaiah, signifying his inability in the role. (To be fair, one should know their limits, and he certainly gave it his best at trying to be a monarch in pressing circumstances you can't deny that, but between his obvious failure and certain revelations, his choice is reasonable.)

Yeah I like how in RD, each leader is unique, and has their own character arc which includes Elincia, Pelleas, Skrimir, Micaiah, Sanaki and Kurthnaga. RD is all about developing its leaders something that no other game does anywhere near as well. For some reason, people like to ignore Micaiah, Pelleas and Kurthnaga's development while over hyping Ike and Elincia's.

Either way, my MAIN point was that Elincia does what no main character in FE: Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Micaiah, Chrom, Robin, Lucina, or Corrin; has ever done. All of them just fought wars of external defense, or liberation or salvation, none had to deal with internal issues. Chrom did become Exalt in Awakening after the Gangrel Arc, but internal/governmental issues are never at hand, the same for FE3 Marth.

Roy and Eliwood both had to deal with internal issues within Lycia. Especially Roy, such as dealing with the bandits, Erik, Wagner and the Ostian revolutionaries. 

11 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Roy and Eliwood both had to deal with internal issues within Lycia. Especially Roy, such as dealing with the bandits, Erik, Wagner and the Ostian revolutionaries. 

In Roy's case, it's some traitors put down by force, which IS what Elincia does too. However, Roy's case happens during a Bern invasion and is related to that, it's an extension of the Bern invasion. Eliwood has just a conspiracy to deal with, a conspiracy linked to an external foe- Nergal.

Ludveck, in being just a Crimean noble disconnected from the other villains and the rest of the plot, while on the one hand creating the filler issue of Part 2, also makes his revolt against Elincia a purely internal, Crimean issue. 

What distinguishes Elincia is that she had to make a direct decision on how to be a monarch, to be willing to put the betterment of the country over one's personal feelings. Ludveck's revolt is explicitly a challenge to Elincia's right to rule on the grounds she can't govern at all (well for him it's more of an excuse to rebel for his own avarice, but Elincia takes the challenge seriously). Eliwood's and Roy's successes are purely combative and charismatic, nothing of their successes plays heavily into how they'd rule as Marquess of Pherae/King of Lycia at the end.

Admittedly, FE can only do so much with this, since non-war politics, where a lot of regnal decisions are made, can be very boring to players, fighting always has to be present. How interesting could this be for most for instance?:

Spoiler

Lord Chai: Your Majesty, the peasants are rioting in Assam!

Duke Darjeeling: Suppress them at once! The magistrate has been kicked out of his house, property destroyed, and the lives of him and his family threatened! They are barbarous!

King Lipton: What is the cause of the riots?

Lord Chai: Famine Your Majesty. Last year's harvest was poor, and it being early Spring, the food stores are exhausted, the people are starving. Rumors have spread that the magistrate and merchants are hoarding grain.

Earl Grey: Which is why we should be kind to them and feed the people!

Marquess Oolong: We cannot afford to pay the expense of all that grain from our coffers!

Earl Grey: We'll tell the merchants it's a crisis and have them settle for payment at a reduced price.

Marquess Oolong: Absolutely not! Your Majesty, the merchants deserve a fair livelihood as much as anyone else. They'd lose their trust in your fair government if they were forced to accept the bare minimum of market value.

Earl Grey: And you don't see how the peasants are being denied a fair livelihood by starving to death? Hmph!

Lord Chai: Then shall we ask the neighboring regions to open their storehouses and be charitable?

Earl Grey: I'm not sure there is that much charity to go around. The people of Arizona two years ago had a bad harvest of their own, and those of Long Island are concerned the rains will be poor this year. Try to borrow from them, and you might incite new protests.

Duke Darjeeling: Then just use force to suppress the rioters Your Majesty! Showing generosity to your people without condemning their use of violence will only incite it time and again, and they'll be asking for me.

King Lipton: All my fair nobles, I will consider your suggestions, and when the time comes in the next day or two, I shall tell you my answer.

And to some extent, how one fights/leads is in battle is indicative as their qualities as a sovereign in peace, FE makes this clear. But not entirely so, I still have a point.

46 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Yeah I like how in RD, each leader is unique, and has their own character arc which includes Elincia, Pelleas, Skrimir, Micaiah, Sanaki and Kurthnaga. RD is all about developing its leaders something that no other game does anywhere near as well. For some reason, people like to ignore Micaiah, Pelleas and Kurthnaga's development while over hyping Ike and Elincia's.

Pelleas is probably ignored because he ends up faltering so much (mind you when I call him pathetic, I don't mean it in a bad way). Micaiah has the issue of being Ikejacked and Yunejacked in Part 4, which limits her growth on display there. I do appreciate her Part 3 struggle though. Kurthnaga does appear in Parts 1 and 3 and develops in Part 3, but his full development is in the Tower, which makes it a bit rushed to me.

Ike development, well it doesn't exist in RD, and in PoR, I'm not its biggest fan. Ike is just a little too dumb at the start, despite Boyd, his bro-ish equal of age and experience, seeming to know much more it feels like to me. 

Actually Red Legendary Unit is a dangerous category if I think about it. There's so many potentials from my favourite games who are red, and I can see them as Legendary. For example, if it would be Sigurd, I'd say Oh F! my orbs.

7 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Actually Red Legendary Unit is a dangerous category if I think about it. There's so many potentials from my favourite games who are red, and I can see them as Legendary. For example, if it would be Sigurd, I'd say Oh F! my orbs.

That's true there are a lot of possibilities for Red Legendary Units, but most of them are sword users... For tomes there are fewer, and even less for dragons. Red Archers are something else, because any archer can receive a colored bow version.

13 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's true there are a lot of possibilities for Red Legendary Units, but most of them are sword users... For tomes there are fewer, and even less for dragons. Red Archers are something else, because any archer can receive a colored bow version.

I can only see either Grima Robin , Ninian and Corrin as  dragon LH, so not much variety there. Not to mention odds both Ninian ans Corrin would be blue breath anyway. Red corrin is possible, but I think they wouldn't keep their breath and give them upgraded Yato instead. 

Sounds like a lot of limited heroes I've already got unless they want to jump ahead to brides. I may spend my orbs on the current LB while it's still here. Odds seem good that LA!Hector will be guarded by both Gunnthra and Spring Alfonse/Sharena so I'd best give up on him now.