Let's play FE Green/Midori, HM!

the concept of this game's Arden is really cool, I gotta say

movement being the one stat that doesn't drastically diminish in value once you hit certain thresholds, having it as a fairly decent growth on an otherwise unappealing unit like Arden instantly makes him much more promising, even if it'll take him awhile to catch up with your mounts

of course it's still easy enough to get burned on that 20% (which seems to be happening right now unfortunately :(:) but regardless it's still a really cool idea for a growth unit and something it would've been neat for newer Fire Emblem games to experiment with

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tina would have been a perfect opportunity for a green unit with amazing move. I used her with the Dain Scroll and he was just insane (faster than a valkyrie on foot +25% chance to move again.)

Alrighty, Chapter 6 time! Replies first though.

On 8/17/2018 at 2:22 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Awesome, I'm a genius. Next time, Nino will join. The genius said so, so it has to be the truth. If it isn't, make it so.

Unfortunately she's not for a little while. We actually don't have a new character this chapter!

Soooo for starters, Wolt's awesome in this game. Also, if Greenasha overthere beat Lugh in HP, I'd laugh really hard.

I would too, but then I'd cry.

Hwahahahahahah... unlimited POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAah, sorry, I was just... enjoying this moment.

I'm expecting good things out of this. Lotsin better not disappoint!

I'm happy for you!

Yeah having just gone to my first anime convention this year (after many years of seeing friends go), they're a ton of fun!

Except... Kyle himself refused to leave his game! I'm so happy for him.

If this keeps up I might actually have to use him!

Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate that Olson is replacing Orson? I don't know about you, but I find that to be highly amusing.

Was that what his name was first translated as?

Also also, this guy is fabulous. What, did Karin tell him bright pink clothes are more lordly? Jesus Christ... but at least his hair is green.

Good news, Karin's here too eventually!

That's going to be fun.

Only if the Arden likes me...

I really like his palette. It's like Cecilia if she was a Mage Knight instead of a Valkyrie. And also a man.

So female Mage Knights use a male MK sprite when using swords. I think it's cause female MKs couldn't use em for some reason in the original patch, the translator added female MK's ability to use swords too in the QoL updates he did.

That was less fun than I had anticipated. Arden, my man, you'd best get some moves if you want to surpass Megachin of the Stachehair.

Especially after how Bors has done this chapter! Doesn't help Arden's also behind on speed...

Kyle didn't just refuse to leave his game; when the creator attempted to bring him down by forcing a shit skill on him, he also refused to give in and be bad! Astounding!

To be fair, Accost can actually be really good sometimes, I just personally kinda hate dealing with it.

Noooooo He-man is a traitor!

At least not forever!

On 8/17/2018 at 1:12 PM, SoulWeaver said:

What does 'enough move' mean? I don't think I've ever experienced this phenomenon.

3QY7UPE.png

On 8/17/2018 at 4:27 AM, Dayni said:

Man, Resolve with ridiculous defence and resistance sounds invinceable.

Anyone pull that off?

You don't get a skill manual for Resolve, but Ced is the one other character who joins with it. What I have seen someone do is use the Wrath and Vantage manuals on Ephraim and just use him to wreck everything once he's below half.

Also, Arden did not get enough move imo.

Agreed, I'm hoping he picks it up soon. 20% is relatively great for movement, but it's still 20%.

19 hours ago, Ruminant said:

the concept of this game's Arden is really cool, I gotta say

movement being the one stat that doesn't drastically diminish in value once you hit certain thresholds, having it as a fairly decent growth on an otherwise unappealing unit like Arden instantly makes him much more promising, even if it'll take him awhile to catch up with your mounts

Agreed, definitely makes him stand out a little more from Bors than if he didn't have it. Also remember, he can even go Great Knight in this game!

of course it's still easy enough to get burned on that 20% (which seems to be happening right now unfortunately :(:) but regardless it's still a really cool idea for a growth unit and something it would've been neat for newer Fire Emblem games to experiment with

Yeah...unfortunately...

10 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

Tina would have been a perfect opportunity for a green unit with amazing move. I used her with the Dain Scroll and he was just insane (faster than a valkyrie on foot +25% chance to move again.)

Isn't she Safy's sister? I also wouldn't mind another Cleric, since there's only two bishops you can get in this game, compared to the potential five sages you can have.

On to the chapter!

Spoiler

4ltaoL3.pngiwBvpNn.png

Moving on to the Adlas Plains now...

cU0EoBJ.pngyGZ4pqO.png

Riev loves his creepy lackeys doesn't he.

hJK54oN.pngM5mXN59.png

It's kinda funny to me that even the low level Shaman bosses can apparently warp both themselves and others.

QYfzoCB.pngGAVQSY3.png

He explains our whole little uh...hostage situation? Then warps away again.

epKRRKi.png

I'm sure they'll be fine.

cekvYtN.pngx8PRLCq.pngZCQEeDr.pngFpKxlLC.png

Time for Nephenee to promote! Didn't go with Knight but I like what happens to her stats...

A6K6W2I.pngSRwxvZe.png

As requested though, I'll go Soldier for her!  Still not sure I'll use her long term (unless you really want me to!), might depend on how her levels go.

To be fair, let's compare her to Lance though...

QIkOdt7.pngI42RUXJ.png

Almost exact same stats, but Nephenee has a skill and better luck, but no horse.

N3xFpzP.png

qJIKVyU.png

This'll be the team. Nephenee's getting a bit more of a chance, and I really need to bring Sothe.

4JmUV9U.pngkiUrfZz.png8hPx5mV.png

Starting to see some of the enemies while Elincia gets an ever so useful Antitoxin. Am I one of the only ones who almost never uses these things?

bD7UX0s.png 

So, as we move up and end turn, the game pulls same turn reinforcements right near all of us! Fuuuun times. At this point I'm thinking I'm gonna have to reset cause Lugh is probably gonna die.

ttRF9D4.pngb1vyFEj.png

A merc in the fog goes for Elincia.

4xluU1z.pngjUy1Wm1.pngjYQJ3se.png

So uh...

8lvt7I2.png54PpNji.png9T7NFWr.png

For some reason, they went for Nephenee and Lotsin instead, when they could have pretty easily teamed up to kill Lugh. Ok then enemy AI, you do you, I appreciate it.

YSOnpH2.png

Gonna have to take out as many as we can here...

aiGf1Eb.pngiY5B5XC.pngn0JWjhd.png

Good start!

UcJBH9a.png0WfdIcM.png2itB147.pngU3AF1dL.png

Lotsin doesn't get the crit I want, but Sothe does!

my2yGsG.png

For...that. Which is amusing cause HP is one of his lowest growths.

zZ4PzwB.pngK2duMtv.pngOwyT9TY.png98Nyrl7.png

Wolt doesn't crit either so Raigh has to finish the Soldier, meaning Elincia needs to take care of the Mercenary up higher.

G3ZAHb9.pngx3leXjz.png

She gets him and we get in some healing.

UeNXglm.pngbM4fQTJ.png4lgqtFR.png

Dodges the merc, but not the Fighter. Elincia doesn't like this.

gNMEFHn.pngO7CO9GP.png

She REALLY didn't like that, and gets a great level to boot! Maybe revenge kills help your growths.

VjkTiPb.pngIgAxhCH.png 

She's fine...

HuBVuUJ.pngHqHQiom.png

Lotsin heals up and Sothe gets us more vision, most notably of the Cavalier.

w3weT06.pngh7DtSEw.pngcx8n3A7.png

Eh. Not following Elincia's example.

NxyuGXH.pngMenZWpP.png

Fog is scary so I'm takin it slow.

fzA4dzY.png07CWYTl.png

Y'know, I'm kind of happy Bors is actually getting some decent res/magic, being able to take a magic hit as a Knight is pretty uncommon.

Ap2QGl9.png0yZKq49.png

More Cavaliers around the back too!

YohMR4P.png

Uh oh...here we go, didn't think I'd moved that far.

9p39otv.png

Bors I love you. With any luck I can get to the Priest and steal his staff before it runs out.

LxaJ3d3.png

Elincia's renewal procs and now we see Cav reinforcements starting on the left as well. At least they're not same-turn.

eFhLuRi.pngOYZmnJD.png

Interesting two stat, definitely not the worst. At least he has a magic weapon, even if it's bad.

MjsQ59Y.pngk1yfZ9Z.png 

For some reason I thought the crit would kill. I can do math guys!

ihvyIXQ.pngPucALnO.png

Decent level, would like to see some strength soon.

7Mb9bIQ.pnggqrPo0N.pngqiX9Iu3.png

If only the torch blinded people too! That Shaman is also in range of Wolt...

xrfjBPy.pngO7KVcQO.png 

No crits make me sad.

UfhzZwz.pnghHoYjxt.png1qD5teL.png

First off Raigh knows how to dodge. Second, he knows how to make me (and probably Ruben) very happy!

OgK6PzZ.pngqrP7N3d.png0N5aBPF.pngYwDRswS.png

Dangerous, but I don't think anyone can reach Wolt this turn.

9kORvUG.pngw9e47zb.png

Nooooo! This always happens, every time I do this map. Sothe always gets hit by an around 50 chance on the Sleep so I can't steal it.

esKPVnv.png 

Lots of enemies again...but we're in a pretty good formation here.

BuDGvRv.pngWxqTbCO.png

Bors, you are seriously trying to win my heart here.

cP4s1KP.pngJ5A7QCZ.pngEQszCHR.png

Blue crit powers activate! And hey, Eirika got a move!

PZ9IuMS.pngGlcfQtD.png

More thinning out.

y2xDdi3.pngODwTIZw.png

This is kind of just getting funny at this point.

eChIv2X.pngsxHchjf.pngPinf1ib.png

Decent for Safy too! I should maybe start being a little more conservative on heals though.

4mZ0Kwy.pngA6jHwtg.pngyLM6ErX.png

Raigh continues actually dodging!

8eIR6e9.png3FlqatJ.pngP15i4XK.png

And Nephenee goes to sleep too.

LGhVJqC.png 

Well the enemy healers will actually heal in this game! I need to keep em alive for now though so Sothe can steal their staves later.

45j3LnQ.pngHEpCpPM.png26vHnGC.png

Lugh can one round some of the Cavs, and another solid level for Raigh.

qRDAjSI.pngf0EJ4kD.png5MzSA9V.png

Hooray for Cancel! Pretty meh stats for a three stat.

kZLqLuz.pngEJsgAA9.pngj7yHxQH.png

Ooh, definitely want the Halberd, but that means I probably have to kill him before he can move. If you steal his other weapon, the one he has left won't become droppable like the one you stole was.

prC7Z2D.png2d7qkcy.pngQ2LdrW2.png

Oh crap, the spider's real close now. So Elincia's gonna have fun here.

maTGidJ.png 

She makes a mad dash through everyone to get there. As long as she survives, which she should, she can make it next turn and block off the civilians.

LDWZA45.pngO8B2AUE.png

I meant to get his description but it wasn't very exciting anyways. Only one star too, though his other stats are more impressive than most bosses at this point.

tWWPeDu.png

Remembering monster weapons did get fun descriptions!

wTqWkzk.pngrpt66Oe.pngEKQLERm.png

On to a fun enemy phase!

iwnAYFc.png707m56o.pngIrv8qg9.png

Eh, not as eventful as I thought it might be.

moQDzNE.pngY4sojvt.pnghVAFprn.png

Don't worry kid, Elincia's on the way!

3npo35z.png

Good thing it can't go more than one and attack the mother.

Nn01Ljk.pngvgiJhzC.png

And so Elincia begins a slooow battle against the monster here. It'll continue for a good while, and her renewal basically cancels out the poison.

eRskbQf.pngFm5Or60.png 

Some of these guys have stuff I wanna steal, so gonna draw em out slowly.

tuo75ij.png 

Except I'm dumb and now I can't get the Halberd. Whooops.

gETWhf5.pnga4pTT4x.pngElyLq0F.png 

I almost said his luck had to run out at some point but...

HHuI6Gp.pngFAQ7Xyj.png

Wish I didn't need to keep this guy alive to steal his stuff.

PGhostR.pngPLJdHTx.pngDCFkEQB.png 

C Anima now! Hopefully I can get to B by sometime in Chapter 8, it'd be helpful...

MMzYPBP.pngbyTTR5C.pngzlt3cc1.png

Still a good level, but I'm starting to think this game just doesn't want me to get strength.

wqhiM1w.pngajAvGiU.pngxuDcGmE.png3zaLux4.png

Sothe's up so I can steal stuff now!

3WEpLpz.pngSTfnaHT.pngXMLy1gg.png

At least Elincia knows what strength is. Also, the kid will continually yell every turn while this is going on.

yoNbgz5.pngdWRhsVk.png0V0FFO0.png

The Soldier comes out so we can steal his stuff too, though he attacks Wolt so I get a Javelin instead of Iron Lance. That's fine.

vHHlLk8.pngg6xrLsJ.png 

Decent, she's gonna cap skill/speed real soon though, and Soldier's caps for those are 20 which kinda hurts. Most unpromoted units have certain caps between 22-25ish now thanks to the level cap raise.

Scyz0hG.pnggKcTcJN.png 

Well that's nice for you Elincia.

4JqixjT.png4Ru5P8l.png

Missed the Halberd, but I can get a Horseslayer at least!

e4UIU42.pngBwzS8zJ.pngPXavvsK.pngrjnlNm9.png

You know, I think I was pretty much asking for it at this point. I can't be that mad.

5XuFSKl.pngzrhpmpv.png

Not the best, but I'll always take defense.

lhUUuXY.pngDa89PiN.pngSOcQskQ.png

The spider is finally finished off!

xY4cnyX.pngSEym62E.pngseLF88H.png

Beautiful. I'm really happy so far he, and Lugh outside of HP, are turning out really well.

k7g4k9Z.pngGphwntz.png

Let's take care of that healing, shall we?

7ycGklj.png

Also nice that it'll show if the boss will move or not, most of the time.

cpsW9hG.png0kXLqQh.pngmxovpmS.png

Well at least my casters can gain strength?

1Bt5QWX.pngCRwckUH.png8WrTdcr.png

Nephenee and Lugh finish off the Priest and Soldier. I'm feeling really mixed on Nephenee so far, mostly just cause she needs some strength. Granted she's only level 6 so she's got time.

5DUyBQ5.pngDHJsBFl.png5rU9CeC.png

Lugh and Raigh hit B, and Safy hits B Staves! It's really nice that staff xp is pretty increased in this game, especially so when units promote.

thkZmUi.pngLZVuRI5.pngM6Zkkwz.png

Lugh proves banana superiority.

TBvUFpX.pngjSI0rCF.pngRaRxMBf.png

The former trainees get the Soldier, so all that's left is the boss!

plfX05c.pngHUBNFc4.pngF4H8e7L.png

Lugh starts to chip since he's close to a level, and I want weapon XP.

oXsr0SE.pngH6t8REQ.png3tjfIUu.png

Finally getting some bulk!

MsWfpn9.png3fAsS6r.pngnBE450I.pngmIVToWg.png

Wolt gets in a few rounds...

g0vvAo2.png

More speed is never bad, but I'm starting to get worried about strength, just like I am for everyone else...

GAjgZ1n.png

Why can only my casters get strength!?

vyZoEw3.pngGAArmJm.pngdOlOo7o.png

Raigh's been the MVP of dodging today.

fjwXhrj.pnghIa7NGo.png

Lugh moves away from Raigh to get in some final chip that won't kill, and Lotsin gets him!

TNLq8OQ.png

Thank you Lotsin. You're restoring my faith here a bit in every physical unit.

oBONqUa.pngWfteYdm.png

The little family thanks us and we get a Master Seal for the trouble. Too bad it's something their actual savior, Elincia, can't use.

9kxDSJ2.pngRSgOyzu.png

And that's it for Chapter 6! Honestly, I'm kinda shocked I didn't have to reset here at all, I think that might be a first for me on this chapter. I even forgot about the early same-turn reinforcements! Next time, we start to try to rescue Ephraim, get one more Cavalier, and hope I remember to steal the Master Seal off the boss this time!

Reset Count: 2

Caused a reset:

Lance - 2

The reason nobody's getting strength is because Eirika stole everyone's growths so she could prove her description wrong, duh!

Also oof, I wish I could get to experience this 'too much move' now that I know what it looks like.

11 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

I'm expecting good things out of this. Lotsin better not disappoint!

I believe in him. Lot shall prevail!

Was that what his name was first translated as?

No, it's the nickname Karin gives him upon recruiting him. Her reasoning is that Olson sounds more fitting for a commoner than Ilios does. I'm going on a hunch here and bet she's the one to recruit him.

So female Mage Knights use a male MK sprite when using swords. I think it's cause female MKs couldn't use em for some reason in the original patch, the translator added female MK's ability to use swords too in the QoL updates he did.

Wait... what? Why would they do that? There's a female Ranger in the original game, and Neimi didn't turn into a guy when using swords. It would've been so easy!

3QY7UPE.png

Holy shit that's the most unbalanced thing I've ever seen. It's... magnificent.

hJK54oN.pngM5mXN59.png

It's kinda funny to me that even the low level Shaman bosses can apparently warp both themselves and others.

Then they proceed to never use it in the actual chapter. A shame. It would've been so much fun to fight a teleporting Novala in the mist...

On second thought, I'm glad he's dumb. That chapter's enough of a pain as is. Fun fact: I recently got my two best friends to play FE, and soon, we're going to all play Ironman FE8 together. I look forward to seeing how they do in this one... I even convinced one of them to play in hard mode, since this is his second FE!

QIkOdt7.pngI42RUXJ.png

Almost exact same stats, but Nephenee has a skill and better luck, but no horse.

She also has less con (which more or less ensures her speed will be lower than his) but 8 more levels to catch up. However, given how low the Soldier caps seem to be, I'm not sure that'll make much of a difference.

Am I one of the only ones who almost never uses these things?

Don't think I ever have. Why would I pass up on a chance to grind Moulder up a little?

8lvt7I2.png54PpNji.png9T7NFWr.png

For some reason, they went for Nephenee and Lotsin instead, when they could have pretty easily teamed up to kill Lugh. Ok then enemy AI, you do you, I appreciate it.

Maybe Lotsin has a higher target chance due to him being a Deviantart OC. I think it makes sense, myself.

gNMEFHn.pngO7CO9GP.png

She REALLY didn't like that, and gets a great level to boot! Maybe revenge kills help your growths.

Jeez, Elincia's hilariously good for this part of the game. Are you sure Sothe is the Jeigan and not Elincia?

h7DtSEw.pngcx8n3A7.png

Eh. Not following Elincia's example.

She's not looking too hot right now. Best get up to speed, girl, preferably before Echidna joins and takes the "best waifu" spot. What do you mean, she doesn't have green hair? Her clothes are green, that was enough for Orsin, so why not Echidna?

hHoYjxt.png1qD5teL.png

First off Raigh knows how to dodge. Second, he knows how to make me (and probably Ruben) very happy!

This Raigh wouldn't have needed saving... keep it up, my friend!

y2xDdi3.pngODwTIZw.png

This is kind of just getting funny at this point.

At this rate, he's going to have more levels than HP. How ridiculous is that? Not even Lilina, man...

LDWZA45.pngO8B2AUE.png

I meant to get his description but it wasn't very exciting anyways. Only one star too, though his other stats are more impressive than most bosses at this point.

I always sorta wished Novala was recruitable, just because he's green and I like green. At least the other Shamans in this game have nice looking palettes.

byTTR5C.pngzlt3cc1.png

Still a good level, but I'm starting to think this game just doesn't want me to get strength.

May I remind you that my Lot also lacked strength but still was the best damned unit in my team? I still believe in you, Lot! You can do it!

xY4cnyX.pngSEym62E.pngseLF88H.png

Beautiful. I'm really happy so far he, and Lugh outside of HP, are turning out really well.

That makes two of us.

TNLq8OQ.png

Thank you Lotsin. You're restoring my faith here a bit in every physical unit.

Ahahah... excellent...

Next time, we start to try to rescue Ephraim, get one more Cavalier, and hope I remember to steal the Master Seal off the boss this time!

Hmmmm a Cavalier, eh... and Abel is in this game... it's going to be Abel, isn't it? Either Abel or Oscar, but I'm feeling Abel more. I suppose we shall see!

On 8/18/2018 at 8:13 PM, SoulWeaver said:

The reason nobody's getting strength is because Eirika stole everyone's growths so she could prove her description wrong, duh!

There might just be some truth to this...

Also oof, I wish I could get to experience this 'too much move' now that I know what it looks like.

I'm still kinda surprised I've never made him a Great Knight yet to make it even more ridiculous!

On 8/19/2018 at 7:07 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I believe in him. Lot shall prevail!

No, it's the nickname Karin gives him upon recruiting him. Her reasoning is that Olson sounds more fitting for a commoner than Ilios does. I'm going on a hunch here and bet she's the one to recruit him.

Not a bad guess!

Wait... what? Why would they do that? There's a female Ranger in the original game, and Neimi didn't turn into a guy when using swords. It would've been so easy!

I have no idea how animations and transferring them between classes might work so I dunno.

Then they proceed to never use it in the actual chapter. A shame. It would've been so much fun to fight a teleporting Novala in the mist...

Just wait till Riev in Chapter 19...

On second thought, I'm glad he's dumb. That chapter's enough of a pain as is. Fun fact: I recently got my two best friends to play FE, and soon, we're going to all play Ironman FE8 together. I look forward to seeing how they do in this one... I even convinced one of them to play in hard mode, since this is his second FE!

One, you're a monster, but I think we both know this. Two, ooh next LP perhaps?

She also has less con (which more or less ensures her speed will be lower than his) but 8 more levels to catch up. However, given how low the Soldier caps seem to be, I'm not sure that'll make much of a difference.

Reminder that Con doesn't actually affect attack speed in this game. Don't worry it took me forever my first run to keep remembering that AS worked different.

Maybe Lotsin has a higher target chance due to him being a Deviantart OC. I think it makes sense, myself.

Makes about as much sense as any other reason!

She's not looking too hot right now. Best get up to speed, girl, preferably before Echidna joins and takes the "best waifu" spot. What do you mean, she doesn't have green hair? Her clothes are green, that was enough for Orsin, so why not Echidna?

Echidna would be cool...

This Raigh wouldn't have needed saving... keep it up, my friend!

Just wait till we start getting Luna and Nosferatu. Oh and maybe phantoms...

At this rate, he's going to have more levels than HP. How ridiculous is that? Not even Lilina, man...

Not gonna lie, I kinda want this to happen just for the amusement of it!

May I remind you that my Lot also lacked strength but still was the best damned unit in my team? I still believe in you, Lot! You can do it!

If really needed, stat boosters are a thing, and the stat boosting rings actually!

Hmmmm a Cavalier, eh... and Abel is in this game... it's going to be Abel, isn't it? Either Abel or Oscar, but I'm feeling Abel more. I suppose we shall see!

Good guesses, buuut...

So, first off I must inform you all that I've suffered another reset! I'm not going to go through every bit of that, but I figured I could show off all the level ups that will be missed out on now thanks to me being dumb and getting Eirika killed!

Spoiler

4tLecga.pngMHiNWyB.pngl2iU7wN.png

Pretty mediocre, but at least there was HP?

br3xtBK.pngF5e8kwm.png94qTtZK.png

I'm really upset about losing that last one.

UlwnT1O.pngTL6i7Gm.png

That 19 speed let me steal the Silver Lance off the Paladin, so that makes me sad too.

c9d01yp.png

That was bad so I can live with it.

M4nsuRG.pnglTiIOOn.pngiLqULpf.pngAoPI7N2.png

Pretty darn good overall...

ztOsoEq.pngPeXrrkj.png

Not like I expected much different from her.

8ynhRYh.png4vzUdoC.png

Maybe he'll get strength this time?

VkMeFH2.pngfUqrft5.pngwq2xDtQ.png

She could definitely do better.

z2D4yCD.pngzLQbonW.pngSthKhs8.png

He definitely could too, though the speed was handy!

KtRMtKC.png

And lastly, here's Eirika's level right before I let this happen...

Sb6ogrd.pngtlAQBBJ.pnghrfNQ4D.png 

I was so close to the end too, but alas. Well, let's see what this attempt gets me!

With that out of the way, I also forgot to mention everyone's movement growths like I said I would, so here's those!

Eirika: 3%

Sothe: 4%

Lance: 1%

Bors: 2%

Lotsin: 2%

Vanessa: 4%

Wolt: 2%

Rebecca: 2%

Lugh: 2%

Raigh: 3%

Nephenee: 2%

Elincia: 1%

Safy: 1%

Guy: 3%

Okay, now, on to Chapter 7, take two!

Spoiler

NblgYZY.pngSEi6KGy.png

Off to Renvall to rescue Ephraim! Or make the situation worse.

l3ACcGJ.pngi3ZVuZf.pngfEK2fU3.png

As we make preparations, I forgot everyone gets in a line here. Unfortunately for Lance he's been temporarily benched, but he'll at least get some use in the route split I'm sure.

JqVGR9r.png

Eirika is just in awe of that chin, lost gazing into its majesty.

PnQ9uum.png

Vanessa is just as judgmental of Eirika's hair as ever. I should probably get her levels eventually cause she's really helpful...

cEiqjjQ.png

Lotsin is best green haired fighter.

qqnQFW2.pngbucEYRR.png

It's okay Rebecca, your son's proving himself very useful this time!

rwGjxGa.pngkj4HVHY.png

Best twins continue to be great, even if Raigh is stealing all the bulk for himself. They could have just made these two the main characters, they're twins and have much greener hair than Eirika and Ephraim.

l2n2Dqb.pngVDCBpfg.png

I like to think Nephenee is apologizing for her bad gains so far.

hfN8ZDk.pngJ4f2z0X.png

I continue to never use Guy, and Safy says a prayer or something!

Alrighty, let's look at the map here.

8O57mAT.png 

So see that thief near the start? He's gonna run away, and of course is carrying...

d6S8DKd.png

It's the Knight-effective Knife. Definitely would be nice to have another Knife for Sothe.

9SvCk5i.pngvpq74X6.png

A strength stat booster and a Pure Water on the Mages. So remember how Mag and Res are combined in this game? That makes Pure Waters, and Barriers by extension, MUCH better. In addition to them, there's a ton of weapons to steal here.

Re2b6mx.pngUgdWX93.png

Boss is a joke, but when I did this chapter in my other HM playthrough I forgot to steal the Master Seal. Let's look at the real boss of this chapter.

5iRaOjN.pngYVF7zbW.png

This guy is real scary, especially since both his def AND mag/res are quite high. Once you pass a certain point a bridge spawns allowing him and his Cav buddies to go to you. If I can get Sothe to match his speed though (he's at 17 atm), I could steal the Silver Lance.

So, let's get started here! ...On my second attempt!

hEjFvKX.pngatLioAQ.png

First off we pilfer this guy's lance and have Lugh burn him.

erRXh5h.pngtI2pMRm.png

Risks can be fun, so let's get that Stiletto and leave Elincia open to all these guys, including an Archer and Ballista.

W4lA7Cu.png 

We move everyone up, and Cav boss here (I already forgot his name) tells his dudes to go get us.

NTeiy08.pngNYEvpUG.pngCc9Sig3.png 

Good start...

vHHqqbv.pngpG8mPvX.png

She lives! Time to get outta there!

XXiDAFb.pngoeIiBWp.png8jT6a4Q.png

Lugh takes out the Archer, for a pretty meh level. Still, I'll take magic in a two stat.

xVQIuhq.pngyDs79cl.pngfWf8UJe.png

Elincia rescues and drops off Lugh, and everyone else gets in position here. She could support him, but I'll probably get him a B with Nino later. We'll see.

A1QSRKt.pngXeZFgIj.pngGvSwVr6.png

Ow, though he'll be okay.

kdyVs0s.pngDS1wO2W.png

Movement! Go Wolt! Not gonna be bench warming in this run!

XbdiUlQ.pnga0YquS5.pngglCKHeX.png

We get some healing in, and same-turn Cav reinforcements start spawning. They're really far away though so them being same-turn doesn't really matter much.

R4SocCy.png73GtB53.pngksZn1VF.png

Glad I haven't seen the inevitable 1-2% enemy crit yet. I'm sure it's on its way. On to our turn again...

bgCGZBz.pngobeBANK.pngu1yWdVf.pngTSyX4xB.png

Well Raigh was bound to miss something eventually.

bYLIKLE.pngDpoN3Hk.pngMJ8iwLr.png7y9meAO.png

As we finish our turn and go to theirs, I'm glad the Ballista keeps missing.

FSudoR2.png270p7HK.png

That should come in handy, and c'mon Sothe, one more speed!

Vo6WhG4.pngOc0Kv0m.pnghQPxTv8.png

Just gonna take care of that little problem there...

FfnYbDI.pngbUFdp4E.png

Very nice Raigh!

d1cFQIK.pngG9YhYUp.pngbb1xjv1.png

Cavs continue to approach, the first one reaching us now.

CPCQiQ8.pngoD8Tucx.png

Maybe I should have gone for super Fletchling with all that magic...

OsJ6XcV.pngnY6I1gD.png

I guess she can use the Strength...

4ixStGI.pngd9Zvgq5.png

Last of the nearby Wyverns comes in.

NgSYI5B.pngvs5Pizy.png

Have I mentioned Pugi is wonderful?

snw8lk8.pngUgmQSqR.png

Something's...not right. That's definitely not the same Javelin model he just threw...

oMONvpy.png7qi3m4s.png8nMN8IC.png

Hooray for stealing!

Q6jl6Dt.pngPJm8aq0.png

I forgot to switch off her Javelin so she gets doubled.

3CX7pAL.png

Hey, strength! Now do it again.

WTAW5Sv.pngD01vzXD.png

C'mon now Safy. Though she's one step closer to beating Lugh...

1AKDRPb.pngiLF79xs.pnga0jkV4W.png

Eirika and Sothe B, and chip for experience!

shO4nhF.pngaMz395D.pngIiCtddx.png

Nephenee finishes him, and Bors takes point to fend off the reinforcements. We also send Elinicia over to get the other Ballista out of the way.

vwEC1qE.png

Buuut...I sorta forget that she passes the point of proccing the bridge, so the Paladin and his buddies start their approach.

9u9HHdF.pngiv9SkgR.pngcqhXBGu.png

Same level as last time...

b0TY0Uq.png 

I also really want to get Bors one more speed, cause if he can get it he won't get doubled by the Paladin's Silver Lance.

Nv3yImC.pngNCqawpt.pnguoMgAtd.pngYitSI3h.png

Lotsin, I'm gonna use you anyways at this point, but I really want you to get strength. Especially since you need it to wield axes and not get weighed down...

0pcn9h7.pngDXZKF6M.png

One of the right side Wyverns chases Elincia.

7aUjIoZ.png9YfiHWy.pngSgCM12z.png2hRyk45.png

Aww...I need that speed!

c8LEdMb.pngiNabbUr.png 

Sothe also needs a speed if we want that Silver Lance.

ejJMLxB.png

Oh Nephenee...you really want me to use Danved instead, don't you?

7wE3vCX.pnge3vqThi.pngMKezSw9.png

I really like some of these weird shots.

nAUwwRB.pngRxFC9hc.png

As the Wyvern continues chasing, Elincia switches so someone else can get the kill.

1qBsR3E.pngzidFCn2.pngj0Dp9a7.png

Better, but not what I want. Those low caps are gonna hurt soon.

8kPTv8N.pngmw4jfHU.pngbirG6HM.pngTJhxTlv.png

Here I'm mostly just trying to feed Bors for one more chance at a level.

6lZgGEz.pngLHCXHz0.pngkJDmSFo.png

Sothe I kind of hate you right now. RIP Silver Lance.

K05R8pT.pngN49khVY.pngP8YHJLN.png

Bors it's all up to you!

f6ZyM4Z.png

THE CHIN STRIKES GOLD AGAIN!

UWbeF90.png

Safy follows suit.

5ijxVAu.png 

They're getting closer...I also wanna steal all their stuff so this might take a bit.

ZQhptRe.pngPm40USt.pngfdxJQcM.pngZvW4bQ2.png

Rescue drop shenanigans to get in this position. The Cavs typically go before the Paladin does.

XaPVjIq.pngEg57KBz.pngoZOGaqI.png

Raigh chips at em then gets rescued away.

o1ksFuR.pngBOjyEtS.pngNFreDU7.png 

Maybe I should move Eirika away so Sothe doesn't kill himself through critting...

tdLhLUC.pngsJVMkwk.png74roCAq.png

Yoink, heal, and let's go again!

um9KOr4.pngS1xQyH9.png0ew1GT7.png

Sothe you had one job and you failed.

8JdSSyu.pngaZlqaCV.png

Wolt hits him so hard the ghost loses its head? He's also in a little level up rut.

0MGZVlW.pngXhZZi07.pngVXEjweY.png

Paladin can start getting in on the action now.

Baq4NwE.png6D4F6UZ.pngN1y7mv6.pngxVfjDDX.png

Here's where that speed will come in handy.

DbayFkS.pngQ0MS3Lj.pngdAGdM9s.png

This might take a bit here...

D6ivYpV.pngJyeLgys.pngBE6p2nJ.png2XpDnfH.png

Rescue dropping for maximum chip damage here.

LsLux5E.pngbWUBG6x.pngRaJsfyi.pngDhD948W.png

Healing and more chip, enemy phase goes as expected.

ynQT5LE.pngtyRKxQd.png

This definitely makes up for having to reset earlier! Lugh please keep this up! Come to think of it though, in my time playing this game I'm not sure I've actually seen a perfect eight stat level yet.

wlevH3l.pnggIw2Imf.png

Topping Bors off for this. Man Elincia, maybe I won't need another Falcoknight. Doesn't mean I don't want one though.

zqTraAA.pngnGPPFJI.png

Only fair for Bors to finish him off, and gosh these levels are amazing. Definitely still love you Bors.

xoBycyo.pngV6Nup08.png

One last steal off this group. I really need it with how broke I am.

e8VVj7a.pngv0GqCwQ.pngyDW929p.png

Our good levels continue, Raigh, keep on becoming a tank. With this and Vantage, you'll be invincible once we get a Nosferatu. Which, unfortunately isn't for a long time...

J2fAkQ9.pngM0Yp31c.png

Slowly moving on up, and Safy gets this beauty along the way. Also, she's one HP away from overtaking Lugh. So as we keep going, we finally get to the village in the top right to meet...

bKu6CMg.png

Sain! Okay, to be fair, I've actually seen people debate about his hair color. At least in his official art it definitely looks more green. Also, only a female can recruit him from the village.

ux4vcg0.pngyL7HDCm.png9FEhKsb.png

Growths: HP 75%, Str 60%, Mag 20%, Skl 35%, Spd 40%, Luck 35%, Def 20%, Mov 1%

Supports: Lyn, Fiora, Safy, Nephenee, Cecilia, Rebecca, L'Arachel

Sain joins us with growths practically identical to his in 7. This gives us two speed Cavs and two strong ones so far. As expected, he'll be very strong, and with any luck his speed won't be too bad either. Much higher Lance rank than Sword is interesting, and he has quite the support pool.

I haven't used him much in my other runs, but seeing how Kyle is turning out better than Alec and Lance this time, maybe it's the run for strength Cavs! We'll give him a shot I think.

43J1fQp.pngN90QZ4f.png9yvbsSI.png

We'll start that process by trying to get him some of these Wyvern kills.

QhHRShM.png 

Elincia that's not how you help Sain get experience!

MfuZBfP.pngbla6rss.png

Maybe I should have Safy support with Sain...

XN9KFPP.png3ZRc1rl.pnguDLFWGt.png

Lotsin takes the attacks, and then further weakens on our turn to let Sain finish!

iXXhANl.pngkUPmFcv.pngIJs1MDJ.png

Still a very good level, I just really want him to get some strength. If he does what my last Orsin did and still has twelve strength at level 22 I'll be really sad...

iIt17Gv.pngh1dOTVL.png

Decent start for Sain here.

11ueJkM.pngIdKXnRm.png

We move further down and start drawing out Cavs, but Wolt doesn't want Sain to get the kill either. Y'know, I wonder who this Wolt's dad is. Both Lowen and Sain are in the game after all, though Rebecca can also support Lotsin...

prkJqbN.png

He's really liking his skill/magic levels.

bBQAZfk.png0w7Y09s.pngGzMtfzB.pngtGHUyZl.png

I feel like I need to start taking more map/unit placement shots.

s8HJUAY.pnge5kNvcJ.png

I'll definitely take the speed. Sain may have some promise here.

0xigt17.pngSQtLaxM.png

Safy keeps the good vibes goin here! Glad she's not getting speed screwed like my first one.

eRKzS6O.png2RvCiB8.pngIPtK2ev.png18JJcqP.png

Good thing Slim Swords are effective against Knights in this game. Not like it makes much of a difference to Bors.

pdyhclh.pngCivcOsw.png 

I was dumb enough to get Eirika killed by this guy on my first attempt here...

P7Z4YOm.png 

Siiiiiiiiigh.

O9fgpWQ.png 

At least Eirika can get revenge for last time.

WYyNhVv.pngX5LYHzW.png

This guy doesn't even have a two range weapon. It's really kinda sad.

2Bxl8Jr.png

I think Bors is our first unit to hit double digits in all stats (except move), especially weird for a Knight getting it with speed and magic.

3krFU96.pngBS6r5Uy.pngWmQIhuA.png

Chip commences, Lugh and Raigh hit A, and we nab another Master Seal (sort of almost forgot again...I'm good at this game guys!).

mViFsEu.pngVh5kSEH.png 

There are still a few enemies down south to kill, so may as well.

oEonWKw.png63Jd6mS.png

While I typically promote at max level, if I keep using her Nephenee could really benefit from early promotion.

35FvCRy.pngQiVP4fs.pngv5ULXMu.png

Unfortunately not as good as her pre-reset level, but I'll take the defense at least.

tE1iz7j.pngiNi6SVx.png

Definitely not bad, nice having a unit that knows how to get strength.

gFci45r.png

And so Safy has officially moved past Lugh in HP. One has a 35% growth and the other a 60%, and on one hand this is hilarious. To be fair, I'd almost rather he be HP screwed than magic or speed. Still though...

9KXyxuv.pngAdomWdF.png

The shop here is interesting in that you can't revisit it on the world map. The most interesting thing here is the Luna tome. On my other HM run, I somehow had enough to afford it and I actually got one. It proved to be a great decision later, so we'll see how I fare without it this time.

7r9Wg0j.png 

We seize, go inside, and we're joined by...

rvaoF18.png

Who's this guy? I don't remember anyone like this being with Ephraim's people, and certainly not with that hair. Why are we trusting him again?

wY3V47p.png

And we're at the end! If I somehow beat the next chapter without a reset I'll frankly be amazed, so stay tuned to see the siblings reunite, just in time for OP reinforcements! Might be a little bit of a delay before next update, but I’ll do my best!

Overall Reset Count: 3

Caused a reset:

Eirika - 1

Lance - 2

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

45 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

8O57mAT.png 

Chapter 3 redesigned?

Oh no.

yL7HDCm.png

Sain joins us with growths practically identical to his in 7. This gives us two speed Cavs and two strong ones so far. As expected, he'll be very strong, and with any luck his speed won't be too bad either. Much higher Lance rank than Sword is interesting, and he has quite the support pool.

I haven't used him much in my other runs, but seeing how Kyle is turning out better than Alec and Lance this time, maybe it's the run for strength Cavs! We'll give him a shot I think.

Well, we'll see how Sain does. To be fair, his hair's pretty close to an olive green colour even here.

rvaoF18.png

Who's this guy? I don't remember anyone like this being with Ephraim's people, and certainly not with that hair. Why are we trusting him again?

It's Orsin in disguise, trying to get back into your party.

Least Chapter 3!G wasn't too bad.

Edited by Dayni

5 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

One, you're a monster, but I think we both know this. Two, ooh next LP perhaps?

Not quite. One doesn't english and the other isn't the type to come out and make LPs for everyone to see. If anybody is going to suffer through another LP of this crap series, it's me.

Reminder that Con doesn't actually affect attack speed in this game. Don't worry it took me forever my first run to keep remembering that AS worked different.

Doggone it...

Sb6ogrd.pngtlAQBBJ.pnghrfNQ4D.png 

I was so close to the end too, but alas. Well, let's see what this attempt gets me!

That man summoned the 2 of Death to kill Eirika.

JqVGR9r.png

Eirika is just in awe of that chin, lost gazing into its majesty.

Bors is hilarious. I'm glad he's outperforming Arden, 20% move growth be damned.

8O57mAT.png 

So see that thief near the start? He's gonna run away, and of course is carrying...

The Lady Sword?

d6S8DKd.png

It's the Knight-effective Knife. Definitely would be nice to have another Knife for Sothe.

Ah.

W4lA7Cu.png 

We move everyone up, and Cav boss here (I already forgot his name) tells his dudes to go get us.

Murray. He's a strong contender for the most generic, forgettable boss in this game, which is a shame, considering FE8's throwaways tend to have more personality than those of other games (Carlyle, Aias, Tirado to some degree, Pablo... come to mind).

She could support him, but I'll probably get him a B with Nino later. We'll see.

Of course, you couldn't resist, could you?

kdyVs0s.pngDS1wO2W.png

Movement! Go Wolt! Not gonna be bench warming in this run!

Whoa. He's definitely stepped up his game since he got killed by a crippled soldier after getting 5 levels of just skill in a row.

ejJMLxB.png

Oh Nephenee...you really want me to use Danved instead, don't you?

Danved's in this game? Fuck this chick. When does he arrive?

6lZgGEz.pngLHCXHz0.pngkJDmSFo.png

Sothe I kind of hate you right now. RIP Silver Lance.

Bors won't be pleased.

f6ZyM4Z.png

THE CHIN STRIKES GOLD AGAIN!

Get it? 'Cause his armor is golden? Hahah... who cares about Arden and his megamove? Bors has the greenest hair in the whole game! Bors, you're the only one worthy of being the main Knight of FEGreen. Don't let the title screen convince you otherwise.

OsJ6XcV.pngnY6I1gD.png

I guess she can use the Strength...

Nice girl.

Also, it was at this point where I thought "hey... I know that mountain...!", so I went back and realised that this is fucking Matthis's map from FE12.

Matthis, man. What a legend. Fuck the public opinion, he's FE12's best General cav.

A shame he doesn't change the fact that this map's horrible. Especially not now that he's not there anymore.

e5kNvcJ.png

I'll definitely take the speed. Sain may have some promise here.

Still not as good as Kyle, He Who Shan't Leave His Lord's Side. Can we just say he's this game's Dougy? He went almost as far as Dougy to stay by his liege's side, that's for sure...

tyRKxQd.png

This definitely makes up for having to reset earlier! Lugh please keep this up! Come to think of it though, in my time playing this game I'm not sure I've actually seen a perfect eight stat level yet.

He can still get more levels than HP. I believe in you, Lugh!

Sain!

You've got to be kidding me...

WYyNhVv.pngX5LYHzW.png

This guy doesn't even have a two range weapon. It's really kinda sad.

He had one in FE8. For shame, Murray!

9KXyxuv.pngAdomWdF.png

The shop here is interesting in that you can't revisit it on the world map. The most interesting thing here is the Luna tome. On my other HM run, I somehow had enough to afford it and I actually got one. It proved to be a great decision later, so we'll see how I fare without it this time.

Why don't you sell Nephenee? I'm sure you'd be able to get a Luna tome or two in exchange if you pressed the shopkeeper enough.

rvaoF18.png

Ah, Orson. My favourite non-Lyon villain of FE8. Is that too much of a spoiler? I don't think so, considering the man looks almost as wrecked as Riev.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

UnknownGamer, you have to make this happen. Please. It'd be so awesome... and it'd make more sense than Orson just sort of popping out of nowhere, blade in doublet, ready to backstab people he never was allied with to begin with.

to be fair this version of mystery chapter 3 is way better than the original by merit of the rescue command existing and the game not forcing you to have the lord be the one who visits all the villages, those were the main problems of the original map imo (and honestly things that make the Archanea games hard to play for me in general; I can get past the Rescue part since there are other games it's not in besides Archanea but having to get Marth to every village is just painful considering my perfectionist streak with games like these)

also yeah sain is definitely olive green

hope he turns out for you, since the speed cavaliers don't seem intent on cooperating and it's a mathematical law that you have to use at least two cavaliers when you're given this many options

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've got a bit of an announcement regarding this. I've finally figured out how to get text editing working with the Midori ROM in FEBuilder, and so I can actually type English things in without it being a huge hassle! While it normally works easily in an english FE7 or 8, or in a translated 6, the Midori ROM is FE8J based and so it took me way, way too long (and some asking around) to figure out how to get it working properly. And then of course when I was finally ready Imgur decided to be dumb, so that's all why this update took so long.

With that, consider some of this update an experiment to see how both inserting in regular SS text and inserting my own probably bad plot bits and writing work out! Please let me know what you guys think, and if you wanna see more! I'm still considering how much of the completely unchanged bits of the game (such as the numerous Lyon flashbacks) I wanna put in if most people have seen those before, since it takes a bit of extra work. I might just skim/summarize those bits still if people are okay with it, we'll see!

In other good news, I've got a new job I'll be starting in a little over a week! That's another reason I'll have to see how much time I have to do story-related stuff.

Though since we're jumping into this midway through the "plot", I should let you know I'm going to consider the whole situation with crossover characters as sort of the typical characters getting pulled in from various timelines/universes, and that it's been going on for a few years at least, so that's how some people are in service to various kingdoms, or I guess running one if you're Erinys. Hadn't put too much thought into that whole point yet, probably just something demon king related.

I also like to think most of them are getting pulled in post-war from their own game, unless it's people who are presumably dead like Alec/Arden.

On 8/24/2018 at 3:28 AM, Dayni said:

Chapter 3 redesigned?

Oh no.

Seeing as I've never played FE12, it's fun to learn which chapters are kinda taken from other games. Let me know which other ones are if you guys recognize any!

Well, we'll see how Sain does. To be fair, his hair's pretty close to an olive green colour even here.

Alec and Lance have done me really well in my other runs, so it's a refreshing change of pace to have Kyle and Sain pulling out ahead this time.

This...might have been the inspiration I needed to go ahead and figure out text stuff. Thanks for this idea! Even if I didn't exactly go with "trying to get back into the party"!

On 8/24/2018 at 8:34 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Not quite. One doesn't english and the other isn't the type to come out and make LPs for everyone to see. If anybody is going to suffer through another LP of this crap series, it's me.

Ah well. Still looking forward to whatever you end up doing on here next!

That man summoned the 2 of Death to kill Eirika.

Haha! I hadn't seen it like that till you mentioned it. Enemy Cav crits will never be seen the same.

Bors is hilarious. I'm glad he's outperforming Arden, 20% move growth be damned.

I'm so in love with this Bors.

The Lady Sword?

That a thing from another game?

Murray. He's a strong contender for the most generic, forgettable boss in this game, which is a shame, considering FE8's throwaways tend to have more personality than those of other games (Carlyle, Aias, Tirado to some degree, Pablo... come to mind).

Just seeing Pablo and Aias in that list is already triggering me. Just wait till Chapter 13-Eirika...

Of course, you couldn't resist, could you?

Normally no cause I love that family, but considering some people I might be using later, I might change it actually. Specifically, Danved will need a support and he can support Lugh!

Whoa. He's definitely stepped up his game since he got killed by a crippled soldier after getting 5 levels of just skill in a row.

Ouch. Well this Wolt's doing his best to make up for it!

Danved's in this game? Fuck this chick. When does he arrive?

Chapter 11 Ephraim I believe? Having just recruited him in PoR (my first time playing the game), I really like him! So I'm pretty darn sure I'll be using him here later.

Also, it was at this point where I thought "hey... I know that mountain...!", so I went back and realised that this is fucking Matthis's map from FE12.

Like I told Dayni, lemme know whenever I don't recognize a chapter from another game, I really like learning these things!

Matthis, man. What a legend. Fuck the public opinion, he's FE12's best General cav.

I really should play FE12 someday...

UnknownGamer, you have to make this happen. Please. It'd be so awesome... and it'd make more sense than Orson just sort of popping out of nowhere, blade in doublet, ready to backstab people he never was allied with to begin with.

So about that...not exactly what I went with but...

On 8/24/2018 at 1:31 PM, Ruminant said:

to be fair this version of mystery chapter 3 is way better than the original by merit of the rescue command existing and the game not forcing you to have the lord be the one who visits all the villages, those were the main problems of the original map imo (and honestly things that make the Archanea games hard to play for me in general; I can get past the Rescue part since there are other games it's not in besides Archanea but having to get Marth to every village is just painful considering my perfectionist streak with games like these)

That was a thing in those games? Was that true even in FE11/12?

hope he turns out for you, since the speed cavaliers don't seem intent on cooperating and it's a mathematical law that you have to use at least two cavaliers when you're given this many options

This is true. It also helps that I just like Paladins, so having at least one of them go that route (or both!) will be fun.

Alrighty, here's the chapter! Brace yourselves...

Spoiler

CAVNK0F.pngjuwsmO5.pngoAUMoCi.pngbyRQQrh.png

Behold, English!

P946TmN.pngh1QlZJ0.pngDNwyYz8.pngKnrNlsz.png

I mostly just copy pasted/typed in SS text for the most part here.

KOAj9Wb.pngbLnH33y.pngnAYS9jG.pngx378cAp.png

CApBQvR.pngQTtKXQo.pngI8orQa7.pngGewXngd.png

Apologies if the font is sorta weird, I did what I could!

5E71yy8.pngxE9D5V0.pngTyPKtL2.png9hlGR9V.png

I don't remember Raigh ever actually giving back the bracelet.

QX2HwSL.pngCLEVz44.pngd4tZzxd.pngUKq80eQ.png

tNKQQv3.pngjezsg1o.pngGhSoeLe.pngrVi8Xfe.png

We'll totally trust him, right?

8HCLKGD.pngvoRL7tv.pngCqAj0kO.pngakJ8Y1e.png

This conversation is longer than I remembered...

ugtlgKP.pngVMuQ9Sk.pngTeZN9fN.pngMgiXfts.png

Maybe he coulda said he stole it from a guard? Since he did "escape" after all.

6QLKdXG.pngJmIdrrf.pngP3ePLdv.pngUA2swoH.png

Badplot.exe is a go!

YK1Q8ZX.pngJ9WAtY6.pngK0UlO11.png

Like I said, bad plot!

xj3Xl31.pngPC5VaLn.png 

J72Hh38.pngAWjYEAM.pngAgmoFEV.png

Sorry Orson, I just couldn't resist! Orsin's also been learning some black magic in his spare time. Or he probably just got Riev to help him.

Nj1xNer.png6fXySnR.pngCIjP2MO.pngPXamgJI.png

Apologies again that some lines are a little...stretched. Still getting used to how things work in the editor and how much text should be on a line. Also, you all get one one guess as to what Orsin's "reward" will be...it's a really dumb idea that I love.

hhA6HR7.pngCaUcehF.pngqluc7xX.png

Orsin leaves and we're back to mostly SS text.

zyic8SG.pngyg14KpU.png74fg5Lx.pngnljxgEO.png

Again, loosely following the idea that the crossover characters came from their own worlds/timelines.

k0arPFV.pngmFlCwip.png45mnmur.pngW3PzXTu.png 

3EoLByk.pngfi0mnML.pngOtIWoN3.png4poGOJL.png 

At least Tirado actually does seem to have some smarts like he thinks he does.

de8hGEz.png5rVPGQI.png

It's not like we have fliers who could rescue people over the span of a few turns or anything.

chMfdti.pngvTsmbaZ.pngnRFbysi.png3NIbzYR.png

And with that, let's take a starting look at the actual gameplay!

BeZaPZU.png

Sorry the wall part of the map is a little bit...disjointed? I was too lazy to go fix that bit.

d2cpkxs.pngqCdcoK3.pngF0y8nKM.png

The thieves near the bottom each carry something we want, and will run for an escape. Also glad we stole all those Steel Swords last chapter.

d9fneG5.pngn5N8Hz2.pnggtI8n5k.png

Ephraim boys!

uU9oS5o.pngUiruyuy.pngkTSKZQY.pngJpeKQZv.png

Dialogue here is a mix of the SS english text, looking at the google translate of the japanese text and (trying to) making sense of it, and me trying to make a few lines more in-character for Alec and Arden from the extremely little I know/read of them.

nhcQVH1.pngQ58xnrt.png2kvWsYr.pnglzQOptV.png

Oudis9i.pngRtgEsp0.pngNrRh0Ub.pngFQAAhaE.png

I hope that turned out okay!

lu6AxwH.png

And with that, let's get this chapter over with!

AeYmwRY.pngSnmJ9xM.png 

We rescue up down here to move faster, and Ephraim supports Kyle.

aC1XBwD.pngQFeMm1b.png

Lugh clears the way a little for Elincia, who's going to mad dash to stop the thieves that are going for the treasure.

PFkvE3I.pnghEVXxFU.png

Everyone else moves along, and enemy phase starts.

dz0i0dd.pngQD3AjZR.pngdfUXsR1.png

Thankfully Elincia is amazing and can put up with these scenarios.

TJ0HNKn.pngasw2MBw.pngRkeA2Oy.png

Finishing off some guys, especially the Longbow Archer.

GJh3uAv.pngV5vv0Zv.pnghfGuYWn.png

Elincia continues her mad quest and is massively surrounded.

SIx1bDt.pngSc0bRf1.pngilkGgwV.pngg8HhWem.png

Some scary weapons on these Mercs.

IQ3Eckl.pngSCsANxQ.pngYsG3SIY.png

If anyone had to hit, I'm glad it was the Mage.

LN1zMv6.png 

At least one of the Thieves will hit a chest, but I should be able to kill him after that one.

AU0PIZU.pngbAU4foK.pngsMw2MCM.pngSi2okfS.png

Everyone else starts to mop up Elincia's mess.

2sJ95h2.png

I'll always take speed on him.

F6VWZAm.pngN0k7ATH.pngwfQF3QJ.png

Getting an Armorslayer to Elincia, that I don't think I even use. Lance can use the Slim Lance though!

exdDQW7.pngrRK6W1I.png 

A little more to clear before we're safe...

Uq0hlg2.pngSrtZx2H.png

Eh, I'll take the defense I guess?

Ad4qiyK.pngktvIqFP.png

Lotsin and Pugi keep up the good work!

hsphSmD.pngAuEhByF.pngjKpUG1c.png

Elincia manages a decent level for getting attacked here.

AhW47AD.png8FA08Nl.pnge81BdEz.png

Well at least the first treasure was an Elixir. Not like I won't get it back here soon.

ZlZa7U9.pnge1Hiwum.png3YcqqIa.png

Trading around the Slim Lance for later, and Lance reminds me why he's been dropped.

XzVw2lZ.pngnDNUeat.png 

Slim Lance and Pugi are probably gonna be my first two Hammerne uses.

dDPacSJ.png 

More speed for Cancel is always nice, though I want him to get strength again now too.

bfUb9Wd.pnguxsQrqv.png

Time to get that Elixir back!

BexId1P.png8SWfn9s.png 

Unfortunately Lugh's a point or two too slow to double this one, even with Pursuit. Should be able to catch them next turn though.

ZBJRIDJ.pngGFGtcmJ.png

Ephraim's boys are finally catching up!

9w2oqA4.png

I actually played the chapter before doing text editing and kept save states at the beginning and end, so I didn't get this line copied. Tirado's opens the doors though and reinforcements start coming.

MZUpSOy.pngYCvYisk.png

Sothe really doesn't wanna get speed. I'm gonna miss out on some later items cause of this aren't I...

jQoauRg.png53SLrP4.png7eXGVD5.pngr4yyQgm.png

Enemies on all sides, and this isn't the only wave of them.

PyftMh4.png

Though I'm pretty sure it's the only set of bottom Cav reinforcements at least.

EIQrETt.pngUOTtPvt.pngKbzVZVz.pngph6jpVG.png

Tirado's a little tough, but nothing we can't handle. Four leadership matches ours, and Renewal + throne means he heals a lot in between turns. Sothe can steal his Silver Lance at least though...

koVe9Mo.png 

Much scarier than Tirado is this guy though. Comes with both a Steel Bow and Axe, and can either one shot or double most of the team. His speed is high enough that Sothe can't steal to lock him to a certain range (damn it Sothe...), and Lugh can't quite double.

5yaaEjn.pngz4Gc4Hz.png

Fortunately he can double this Thief, and with Raigh support is guaranteed a kill.

pPudYVI.png18Fc9T6.png9MrMLCA.png

Sain takes care of the other for a very nice level! It's still weird that the strength Cavs are doing so well for me...

TQ4bx2u.png 

Lugh needs to get rescued cause the Wyverns above would kill him if they both hit (since he'll kill them on counter).

fMrcG30.pngSpVukrO.png

But I don't realize Sain might die here...

QqQ1tkz.pnglevSEub.png

They're fine down there for now.

8X6lMSM.pngYRL2mfa.png

Sain somehow manages to live! Phew...

7quJUEp.pnge9sCNOQ.png

Raigh finishes off one for a good level. I'm really digging that defense. Funny enough, in my other HM run it was Lugh who was massively defense blessed (he almost capped it unpromoted), while Raigh got screwed in it. He did have +3 move around this chapter to compensate though...

ZuC70iN.pnggVoCCjm.png 

No Pugi crit makes me sad.

GnFtHSM.png6IFDN6W.pngkBaOLvu.pngzoD5Vjk.png

Accost makes Kyle able to kill this one, but of course none of his four attacks crit...

9DGgR5G.pngzRJEOIi.png

Safy's now at A Staves!

EpKtQ6J.pngULmuQCw.pngy9iWG0m.png

Lance still helping out a little!

7EDHzor.png7wgfoRO.png

Tanks gonna tank!

DiBi7u1.pngy4KMGdI.png

Or Bors can just dodge, that works too.

qbEk8sT.pngcfP29Th.pngctKrKFV.pngrXkqui8.png

Lots of Wyverns to kill, bringing me back to FE6 times.

cGfDnfu.png

Not too bad there.

z0MB3PX.pngiotPYFH.png

While being able to chin-tank things is nice, Bors would rather not take the damage at all and dodge.

AXNh9xj.pngPBKPZrS.png0hH94rM.pngZBljh1X.png

They're just swarming in now!

PNarUiz.pngp7zohm0.png7XExtqK.png

Finally some strength, and even more speed!

cXLjPYF.pngh5TiA1J.pngyT4suFS.png4DcAhvB.png

It is nice to actually get some use out of the armor Knights in this game.

2ZWwIU8.png

It's okay Bors, you're still amazing.

g2FJJQP.pngOlD34lI.pngLOH7RVf.png

Soooo many enemies.

6i5yh3O.pngGsN0qgX.png

Alec trying to keep up a bit with Sain and Kyle. No strength, but he gets a movement point!

IqB7HjR.pngpDSixJA.pngVSVvqAS.png

Getting the Horseslayer around for these Cavs.

lxFlA5u.png5GbYXM7.pngp6N7CJv.png

Arden at this point just isn't gonna match Bor's awesomeness, unfortunately.

VFmk4IJ.pngncpfWsI.pngVznc79o.pngBi1csbm.png

No crit for Lotsin unfortunately, and the Warrior is getting closer. I think Lotsin's also one of the only ones who won't get one-rounded by him!

EGNuqt8.pngchglzRU.pngGvoRP6C.pngypDYHek.png

We retreat to get into the best position we can for the Warrior, and the Knight should get himself killed against Lugh.

Bqxn94h.pngb4cFm5L.pngDq2GMKA.pngp5GMHBE.png

No crits for either. The Knight's still alive but hopefully I can take out the Warrior at least.

3U3JUMc.png

Lotsin gets another strength for his troubles, what a swell guy!

nVOWy0U.pngWw3mrji.pngriG3dXa.pngMoHzfiy.png

Not a single crit, not even Lotsin's 82 cause of Wrath! That'll make this harder.

vK27u1r.png9p8DeoM.pngMNslfO7.pngMwqey4X.png

Raigh brings him down low, then is rescue dropped outta the way. With support, Lugh takes him out with a 95 to hit.

buwWXbF.png

At this point this feels even worse than an HP only. C'mon Lugh...

GLQVy7W.pngwifA1bf.pngqFdOFkQ.png

Bors takes out the Knight and our healers heal people up. Safy gets...that.

gptx2Bb.png7MpR4wJ.png0y23G54.png7zXPEEd.png

At this point the other fighters catch up. I want to give Sothe one more chance at a speed level, and Lugh is trying to get up to B Anima incase I need the Bolting.

3081LaS.png

Have I told you lately, that I hate you?

4Esvbcd.pngPaALwMD.png

Fighters attacking each other always looks kinda funny.

eZOSHj9.png

Elincia's at least leveling okay as she heals.

w2Iqj0Z.pnghdglyao.png

That speed is really turning out well!

f5sjQtb.pngUS1f67T.pngv5znGPt.png

Time to keep working towards that Bolting.

Oeon5ac.pngMTNI28y.pngIqLUwUa.png

Would like some magic, but I'll take a pretty good five stat, especially HP/Def!

uP4u3Wf.pngBPBnitg.pngROBWFuI.png

Wave two commences! Kyle and Wolt are there to hold the fort up top.

Kp35SBZ.pngWv19lbd.png

That's what I needed!

qXhcy4O.pngvvNnYZK.png

That's not. Dang it Raigh! He's still really good though.

s96UbPG.png

I think that's S for her!

COETfaG.png9Ob7U0l.pngQITsnVQ.png

Of course all these Wyverns have Javelins.

ktOYpZS.png

I...I don't even know what to say to this anymore, man. Bors is just going above and beyond all my expectations, especially after my last one got a bit screwed. I might just have to use him in whatever hacked form of FE6 LP I'm gonna probably do after this.

Speaking of, when the time comes anyone got a preference for which promotion to get him? I'm leaning Great Knight but Generals with all four weapons are cool too.

wWWiily.pnghFjVtbv.png

So many Javelins...

H5LlBeg.pngZ3bmNxU.png

That's perfectly fine Sain, you need both skill and defense anyways.

7uugepr.pnguWCnYcp.png2KSwAjl.pngNCtNM0J.png

Shaman crits are pretty darn satisfying.

7Z8LF3x.pnganZJcHm.png

Mage crits not as much. May as well still be stealing what I can while here though.

p4qsxxX.pngslG6GVS.png

Arden still just can't be as cool as Bors. Lotsin could make an argument though.

Wogo3ob.pngsB17Xjc.png

Kyle's basically turning into a mounted armor at this point.

XhKxY9d.png2nb5T4D.png

Wave three, and I think the last, comes in. So because the promoted enemies are going last, the two Warriors end up next to each other. I'm scared even more now...

PmDiNkE.pngDA3bD47.png

At the very least, the Javelins make these guys have 0 AS.

5oXq4y9.pngIH8dVqc.png

Fairly nice level, but I feel like wanting more strength/magic is gonna be the continuing trend of this playthrough. Funny enough, the same is happening in my current first playthrough of PoR, with both Ike and Boyd getting strength screwed.

GkFhJCP.pnglNC0te8.pngN3PAbl2.png9UqFyT9.png

Wyvern spam! Though they still don't feel as bad as FE6 early game ones.

okxPobh.png

Sigh.

Y2XKsNq.pngpMBWe6e.pnggNuSN7K.pngdQzPxhy.png 

At least this is the last wave I believe.

bEa7f38.pngrR4gKKq.pngP3n3cT7.png

Well, at least she capped her skill and speed...

qVmXTRg.pngZj7BxEr.pngbSUDt44.pnghCyYV0J.png

Ephraim easily one shots the Cavs who charged ahead.

bUUcuFX.png

Man this game doesn't like anyone who isn't Bors/Lotsin lately.

3rk4ULU.pngcMsNzpv.pngyr37dKo.png 

Lots of missing here...

TLahyWw.pngdJr66jV.png

yl09HlZ.pngNaqq6x4.pngVJaC8PS.png

Ephraim continues to shred the Cavaliers...

QUw0k4q.pngtvY4Ixn.png

For more disappointment! You deserve that hit Ephraim.

wJEssLv.pngcaK2lvX.png

Not you too Safy...

frY4gtP.pnglVWhpBb.png

Lugh uses a Pure Water, and as I look at the Warriors one of em has only 18 speed. Meaning Sothe can steal. That'll make it a little easier, and thankfully they got spread a little bit in the mass of enemies.

oSiJ1tL.pngbFLibXA.png

So glad I remembered to take Ilios' Bolting this time. Lugh meanwhile is becoming more typical FE6 Lugh as he forgets how to level magic.

11tB6Mm.pngSglRcyz.png

Retreating again to get another turn of Bolting in on the faster Warrior.

tBHl3z6.pngUbqrMBp.pngaMPBdQc.png

Well, his magic and strength are equal now...

ba6m64q.pngGjbNQiL.png3zw3mUH.png

Taking out the nearby enemies, then rescue dropping to get out of range, except for Lotsin who's baiting the bow.

9u5UGIh.pngz9do3zg.png

Sadly he misses the counter, but since this is the slower Warrior I can do this...

vDlVWVI.png

I may hate Sothe currently, but I can't deny he's still very useful.

vIu59tf.pngz6jsVHI.pngqNRuaHI.png

Now that I can trap the Warrior, time to take out the last few Fighters.

Dvn72e0.png7smAndr.pngrJWCjF7.png

Lotsin, thanks for making me happy with that strength. You're the best.

kDUb33G.pngUTFmJ8d.pngupwoPzt.pngRVc3ivB.png

Nothing Lotsin can't handle, since the third Fighter can't reach him.

dsTZukT.pngFisK5jJ.pngssMYYic.png

These two take some pot shots at the Warrior for XP, Kyle's one attack away from a level.

kBGW1Rj.pngO49Ku6k.pngpgsuNJD.png

That takes care of the Fighters.

57bDTMU.pngM1zplt6.png

Better, Ephraim. Your sister failed in the follow up though.

PZPOZco.png6fjkG2n.png

Safy does at least slightly better in a level,and Kyle gets an excellent one!

WSvK50w.pngozPm3ia.pnguKU9RhC.png

Sain switches in here, and Elincia gets a fantastic level for healing again.

OzHphkr.pngJuGi9fJ.png

At least Sain does actually need the skill, and Eirika finishes him for a better one.

PPb8VR0.pngKx3murU.png

Slowly drawing out the throne room enemies cause I wanna steal their stuff!

7vBjcXP.pngX62OH6H.pngJysXnxJ.png

Good thing I have lots of Lance users.

ZOxn0SQ.pngSBsKiWb.pngoewUeTq.pnghEup78Z.png

Nearly done with em now.

DWReuaU.png

I'm sorry I ever joked about you being a disappointment Kyle!

L9Scj8A.pngQ8P1B4U.png

Figure I may as well try to get Lance one more level here.

PfeYU0V.pngGkPWWyv.png

And with that miss he actually gets a fairly good one. Maybe it's Kyle's presence.

kisHJYZ.pngVpZYpxd.png

Big Shield is annoying as Lugh chips to finish a level up.

wnOf8Na.png

Five straight levels of no magic is annoying, but hey, I'll take the movement!

SPZjQIO.png

Yoink for a Silver Lance!

4Z8iP8M.pngak9yEqI.png

Raigh gets in on the chipping, and Safy's finally leveling well again.

jmp7Qw8.pngZGipfs4.pngXVuEH6a.png

These three bring him down to almost nothing.

KujrxOV.pngjMU5sjD.png

And Eirika finishes him and hasn't forgotten how to get strength!

And a little bit more plot to end the chapter out!

FfQZYsy.png2o8kmN7.png56la7WW.pngoHN9Sqc.png

Again, sorry Orson. And also sorry Orsin.

ULtnkn4.pngwnuTnJ3.pngtbqXkeR.png

It probably would have helped if I'd been doing this from the start, but that's what happens when I just learn things now.

DLs0Ivh.pngoM3Gtys.png9SRBAX0.png

Sure, Orson can be remembered as loyal in this uh...timeline?

utJ4txi.pngQQLct07.pngicGHMSX.pngHCb7pJC.png

Oh right, Myrrh shows up here. Unfortunately, not replaced with anyone. We do get Tiki later but Myrrh is still here for plot reasons I guess.

di2SyGX.png45ori1f.png

Is it just me, or is it really sad that this line makes almost more sense in this hack than it does in the actual game? You know, where there's all sorts of hair colors Eirika's seen, including Lute's. Unless I'm forgetting something...

1J4bCON.pngNVVNSOR.pngzDrwsyR.png

And with that, we're done with Chapter 8!

Overall Reset Count: 3

Caused a reset:

Eirika - 1

Lance - 2

So, one thing I need to point out about this hack is how the route split works. You actually play both routes! What they have you do is alternate every few chapters, I believe it's in the order of:

9-10 Eirika, 9-12 Ephraim, 11-14 Eirika, 13-14 Ephraim, then reuniting in 15.

Your army is actually split for this in a predetermined selection.

Eirika Side

Eirika
Sothe
Lance
Bors
Vanessa
Lotsin
Wolt
Raigh
Elincia
Safy
Guy
Sain

Ephraim Side

Ephraim
Kyle
Alec
Arden
Lugh
Nephenee
Rebecca

Karin joins at the start of 9 for Eirika, and Cecilia and Lowen join at the start for Ephraim.

With this in mind, I have a few ideas for some conversations I imagine taking place between a few characters as they're parting ways, so the next update might be more of a brief story interlude where I'll experiment with that and see how you guys like the idea of occasional extra conversations. I haven't fully decided if I wanna go through with it yet though, we'll see! For now, thanks for reading/replying and let me know how this all turned out!

EDIT: I forgot one image/line in the post chapter plot bits, added it in.

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

1 hour ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Yes, yes it was.

PXamgJI.png

Apologies again that some lines are a little...stretched. Still getting used to how things work in the editor and how much text should be on a line. Also, you all get one one guess as to what Orsin's "reward" will be...it's a really dumb idea that I love.

Pugi's too obvious.

Screw it, that's my guess. Lotsin still has it, they have to have a boss convo now.

So, one thing I need to point out about this hack is how the route split works. You actually play both routes!

That's nice as a concept. Shame you have predetermined teams, doesn't leave much room for error.

I hope Ephraim gets more than just Cecilia and Lowen.

Aw, yeah, huzzah for the English! Also, my guess for Orsin is Waffles. They promised him Waffles. Or Waffle Crisp. I might defect mid-war for a good bowl of Waffle Crisp. Thirdly, Vanessa wasn't judging Eirika's hair in that panel last update, she was judging you for being more willing to give Lance a chance than you were to give her another Chapter of deployment.

The real question here, though, is do you get Kaze anywhere in the game? Or Randal, Randal could use some love and totally fits with your plot idea.

Edited by SoulWeaver

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Aw, yeah, huzzah for the English! Also, my guess for Orsin is Waffles. They promised him Waffles. Or Waffle Crisp. I might defect mid-war for a good bowl of Waffle Crisp. Thirdly, Vanessa wasn't judging Eirika's hair in that panel last update, she was judging you for being more willing to give Lance a chance than you were to give her another Chapter of deployment.

The real question here, though, is do you get Kaze anywhere in the game? Or Randal, Randal could use some love and totally fits with your plot idea.

No you don't. I guess this was made before Fates/Cipher were a thing. You don't get anyone from Awakening either, but I don't recall if anyone other than Robin had green hair there.

Also really nice with the plot!

On 2/9/2018 at 12:02 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

I really should play FE12 someday...

Most definitely, it's a really fun game.

Yes, only Marth can visit things. It's... mediocre.

CAVNK0F.pngjuwsmO5.pngoAUMoCi.pngbyRQQrh.png

Behold, English!

Neat.

UA2swoH.png

And why... why do you hide an axe within your doublet*

J72Hh38.png

Nope. Not buying it. That isn't a worthy fate for my favourite secondary villain in FE8. He will come back, or else I'll be mildly annoyed.

Maybe when the next person without green hair arrives you could swap them out for Orson? His clothes are green, that was enough for Orsin. Wait...

Also, you all get one one guess as to what Orsin's "reward" will be...it's a really dumb idea that I love.

A Pugi-shaped Loptous tome with the nosferatu effect. It's something Riev could pull off, he's mad and knowledgable enough for it, it fits Orsin's newfound affinity for dark magic, and the Pugi's probably the thing he wants the most in the world right now, after DeviantartOCman claimed it for himself. Nosferatu is just there because everyone knows bosses with nosferatu are dumb. It makes perfect sense!

CaUcehF.pngqluc7xX.png

Fun fact: "tirado" in spanish means, among other things, "really easy". How ironic. Japan never ceases to amuse me with its obsession with slapping spanish words on people as names. I look forward to seeing my friends' reaction to this guy.

BeZaPZU.png

Sorry the wall part of the map is a little bit...disjointed? I was too lazy to go fix that bit.

The wall is from another world also.

Pffft okay that was the dumbest statement in this thread yet, I wager.

Oudis9i.pngRtgEsp0.pngNrRh0Ub.pngFQAAhaE.png

No, Alec, you're talking about Bors. Bors and his chin are the ones we can truly rely on.

XzVw2lZ.pngnDNUeat.png 

Slim Lance and Pugi are probably gonna be my first two Hammerne uses.

It's the scythe of death!

9w2oqA4.png

I actually played the chapter before doing text editing and kept save states at the beginning and end, so I didn't get this line copied. Tirado's opens the doors though and reinforcements start coming.

I will translate, I know my japanese.

"Hah hah hah! Those fools will never see the reinforcements coming! Men, open the door so that they may ambush the unwitting enemy! I am truly a brilliant strategist! Surely there's no way anybody could be eavesdropping on my conversation with myself, therefore it is safe for me to laugh evilly: hah hah hah hah hah cough cough... hack... urk, my thoat... I'm getting too old for this... men, cease your opening of the door momentarily and bring me a glass of water...!

...glub, glub, glub...

Ah, much better. Good. You may proceed to let the reinforcements loose. Hah hah haaaack, cough cough, not again aaagh...!"

Funny how you can say so much with so few japanese symbols.

YCvYisk.png

Sothe really doesn't wanna get speed. I'm gonna miss out on some later items cause of this aren't I...

Hey, on the bright side, he's going to get more strength than any thief deserves to have.

koVe9Mo.png 

Much scarier than Tirado is this guy though. Comes with both a Steel Bow and Axe, and can either one shot or double most of the team. His speed is high enough that Sothe can't steal to lock him to a certain range (damn it Sothe...), and Lugh can't quite double.

Breaking the HP cap already? Ah, japanese hackers and their stat inflation fetish...

e9sCNOQ.png

Raigh finishes off one for a good level. I'm really digging that defense. Funny enough, in my other HM run it was Lugh who was massively defense blessed (he almost capped it unpromoted), while Raigh got screwed in it. He did have +3 move around this chapter to compensate though...

Honestly I'd sooner take Cavalier Raigh than... well, 13 speed is very Cavalier, too, so...

Where was I going with this?

GsN0qgX.png

Alec trying to keep up a bit with Sain and Kyle. No strength, but he gets a movement point!

It's the first of the run, or have I missed any? In any case, good on him. Now he can get to the frontlines faster so that he may be outperformed by Kyle and Sain.

7XExtqK.png

Finally some strength, and even more speed!

Ah-ha, awesome.

3U3JUMc.png

Lotsin gets another strength for his troubles, what a swell guy!

Ah-ha, awesomer. I knew I could count on him.

All the bad level ups, and suddenly...

ktOYpZS.png

I...I don't even know what to say to this anymore, man.

I think Bors might be siphoning everyone else's growths. Can't say I'm too angry about it. He only needs to proc move now and he's set.

Also, as for his promotion, Great Knights get move but Bors's chin can only be properly contained by an armor as ridiculous as his hairpiece. Bring on the General, I say! Arden can go Great Knight so that he may have a niche beyond being an inferior version of Bors.

H5LlBeg.pngZ3bmNxU.png

That's perfectly fine Sain, you need both skill and defense anyways.

The... 7 of death? Cavaliers really like their math, don't they?

Wogo3ob.pngsB17Xjc.png

Kyle's basically turning into a mounted armor at this point.

Scratch what I said about Arden earlier. If he goes Great Knight he'll just go from being "worse Bors" to being "vile Kyle". Why, yes, I do feel slightly proud of myself.

Fairly nice level, but I feel like wanting more strength/magic is gonna be the continuing trend of this playthrough. Funny enough, the same is happening in my current first playthrough of PoR, with both Ike and Boyd getting strength screwed.

Every LP has its trend. For me, it was death. Be thankful you're only running short on a stat.

bUUcuFX.png

Man this game doesn't like anyone who isn't Bors/Lotsin lately.

Understandable. They're the most likeable people in your team currently.

M1zplt6.png

Better, Ephraim. Your sister failed in the follow up though.

Can I just say I forgot Eirika exists? Because I totally did.

OzHphkr.pngJuGi9fJ.png

At least Sain does actually need the skill, and Eirika finishes him for a better one.

Whoa. Sorry for forgetting about you, Eirika. No need to bring down Sain's growths further, Bors is already good enough at that.

DWReuaU.png

I'm sorry I ever joked about you being a disappointment Kyle!

You better do. He's going to show everyone up (except Lotsin and Bors), crap skills be damned.

wnOf8Na.png

Five straight levels of no magic is annoying, but hey, I'll take the movement!

C'moooon only two more level ups before he gets more levels than HP... I believe in you, Lugh, don't leave me hangin' now...

FfQZYsy.png2o8kmN7.png56la7WW.pngoHN9Sqc.png

He never mentioned Orson. Just thought I'd say that. Still not buying it.

Sure, Orson can be remembered as loyal in this uh...timeline?

I like to think he was going to betray Renais here too, but then he just fell in a random battle because plot retreats stopped working as a result of the whole dimentional mishmash, and Tirado had to find some other guy to impersonate him. Orsin just so happened to be in the area.

Of course, that is the non-canon explanation, because he's alive and he's coming back.

Is it just me, or is it really sad that this line makes almost more sense in this hack than it does in the actual game? You know, where there's all sorts of hair colors Eirika's seen, including Lute's. Unless I'm forgetting something...

Fun fact: ever since he watched the scene where Saleh asks the team about Myrrh in chapter 5, one of my friends is convinced that Lute will be the one to recruit Saleh. Just saying. It really does make more sense here.

9-10 Eirika, 9-12 Ephraim, 11-14 Eirika, 13-14 Ephraim, then reuniting in 15.

Hey, that's pretty good!

Your army is actually split for this in a predetermined selection.

That... isn't so good. What if one of the teams got screwed? What then? Does Seth pop out of nowhere to solo the route?

That would be a very Seth thing to do.

Also, separating Raigh and Lugh is a dickmove.

With this in mind, I have a few ideas for some conversations I imagine taking place between a few characters as they're parting ways, so the next update might be more of a brief story interlude where I'll experiment with that and see how you guys like the idea of occasional extra conversations. I haven't fully decided if I wanna go through with it yet though, we'll see! For now, thanks for reading/replying and let me know how this all turned out!

Cool, looking forward to that. Maybe make Bors and Lotsin discuss how it feels to be the greatest units in the game? At this point, Lotsin would start to catch on to Bors's evil plan to claim everybody else's growths for himself, and he would go on to spend the rest of the game trying to find solid evidence of it until, at the end of the game, Bors turns out to have only been trying to help out the gang by increasing their growths with his chinish powers, but he went overboard and increased them beyond the magic number, 255, causing a glitch where everyone's growths looped back to zero. The reason only his own growths remained busted was that he was so humble he didn't want to make his growths better than everybody elses, thus saving himself by a stroke of luck. That's when Lotsin and Bors would reconcile and become the best of friends forever.

Man, I put way more thought into that than I should've.

It's bcause Myrhh is an Indigo Child.
That's what makes her so special, not the fact she's a dragon.

On 03/09/2018 at 10:12 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Cool, looking forward to that. Maybe make Bors and Lotsin discuss how it feels to be the greatest units in the game? At this point, Lotsin would start to catch on to Bors's evil plan to claim everybody else's growths for himself, and he would go on to spend the rest of the game trying to find solid evidence of it until, at the end of the game, Bors turns out to have only been trying to help out the gang by increasing their growths with his chinish powers, but he went overboard and increased them beyond the magic number, 255, causing a glitch where everyone's growths looped back to zero. The reason only his own growths remained busted was that he was so humble he didn't want to make his growths better than everybody elses, thus saving himself by a stroke of luck. That's when Lotsin and Bors would reconcile and become the best of friends forever.

I thought it was the Demon King's doing, but his power were stopped by Bors' chin (if they ever reamke FF6, this should be his special skill, Dragonchin, with the same effect as Dragonskin).
But your explanation is better.

And don't worry, dying is all, part of Orson's plan : he will come back later, as a zombie. Since now his skin is green, he will fits better than anyone else on the team.

Apologies for the long delay, just been busier and didn't get as much done over the weekend as I wanted!

As I mentioned before, this update's kind of just plot interlude stuff, both original SS stuff and my own scenes I've inserted to experiment with how that works and how you guys like it. I'm hoping Chapter 9 won't take me too long, but I've been busy and starting a new job lately. Still, I'll do my best to get it out sooner rather than later!

As with last time, I hope you enjoy the original stuff I've thrown in here, though there's a bit of mostly SS text to go through first.

On 9/1/2018 at 7:38 PM, Dayni said:

Yes, yes it was.

That's...horribly dumb. You know, I played Shadow Dragon many years ago but didn't beat it, maybe I just blocked that out from my memory.

Pugi's too obvious.

Screw it, that's my guess. Lotsin still has it, they have to have a boss convo now.

Not saying one way or the other but it's not a bad guess!

That's nice as a concept. Shame you have predetermined teams, doesn't leave much room for error.

I hope Ephraim gets more than just Cecilia and Lowen.

He'll get more units throughout the route of course, but only Cecilia and Lowen join as new before the start of his Chapter 9.

On 9/1/2018 at 8:42 PM, SoulWeaver said:

You know, you may have a point there. I really should have given her a chance over Lance.

On 9/2/2018 at 5:39 AM, Kruggov said:

No you don't. I guess this was made before Fates/Cipher were a thing. You don't get anyone from Awakening either, but I don't recall if anyone other than Robin had green hair there.

Also really nice with the plot!

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I'm still kind of going into all this going "I have no idea what I'm doing I hope it's not the worst thing ever..."

On 9/3/2018 at 4:12 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Most definitely, it's a really fun game.

Supposed to be much better than Shadow Dragon right?

And why... why do you hide an axe within your doublet*

Changed it to sort of imply a "wait, why does Orson have an axe he can't use those..." but the original line would have probably worked just fine, in hindsight.

Nope. Not buying it. That isn't a worthy fate for my favourite secondary villain in FE8. He will come back, or else I'll be mildly annoyed.

You know, I initially didn't have more plans for him but gosh darn it now I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what I could maybe do with him, cause yeah I sort of like Orson too. No promises though!

Maybe when the next person without green hair arrives you could swap them out for Orson? His clothes are green, that was enough for Orsin. Wait...

Oh no not again...though I have no idea who I'd fittingly replace with him even.

A Pugi-shaped Loptous tome with the nosferatu effect. It's something Riev could pull off, he's mad and knowledgable enough for it, it fits Orsin's newfound affinity for dark magic, and the Pugi's probably the thing he wants the most in the world right now, after DeviantartOCman claimed it for himself. Nosferatu is just there because everyone knows bosses with nosferatu are dumb. It makes perfect sense!

You all have no idea how tempted I am to somehow make all of your answers correct.

Fun fact: "tirado" in spanish means, among other things, "really easy". How ironic. Japan never ceases to amuse me with its obsession with slapping spanish words on people as names. I look forward to seeing my friends' reaction to this guy.

Neat!

The wall is from another world also.

Pffft okay that was the dumbest statement in this thread yet, I wager.

I'll beat it someday with some line in the plot I'm sure.

It's the scythe of death!

Again, I'll never see Cav crits the same.

I will translate, I know my japanese.

"Hah hah hah! Those fools will never see the reinforcements coming! Men, open the door so that they may ambush the unwitting enemy! I am truly a brilliant strategist! Surely there's no way anybody could be eavesdropping on my conversation with myself, therefore it is safe for me to laugh evilly: hah hah hah hah hah cough cough... hack... urk, my thoat... I'm getting too old for this... men, cease your opening of the door momentarily and bring me a glass of water...!

...glub, glub, glub...

Ah, much better. Good. You may proceed to let the reinforcements loose. Hah hah haaaack, cough cough, not again aaagh...!"

Funny how you can say so much with so few japanese symbols.

I'm not sure I can look at Tirado in the same way ever again either.

Breaking the HP cap already? Ah, japanese hackers and their stat inflation fetish...

Doesn't take away from your point, but HP cap is higher here too so it's...technically not breaking it yet?

It's the first of the run, or have I missed any? In any case, good on him. Now he can get to the frontlines faster so that he may be outperformed by Kyle and Sain.

Arden (though he doesn't count), Safy and I think Eirika all had one? Eirika almost had 2 till I derped in Chapter 7.

Can I just say I forgot Eirika exists? Because I totally did.

That's why I was giving her some of those levels, cause I did for a while too...

You better do. He's going to show everyone up (except Lotsin and Bors), crap skills be damned.

I'm still waiting for Accost to kill him, but Critical is interesting at least too.

C'moooon only two more level ups before he gets more levels than HP... I believe in you, Lugh, don't leave me hangin' now...

I wanna see it happen now too, as long as he can get some more magic to compensate.

That... isn't so good. What if one of the teams got screwed? What then? Does Seth pop out of nowhere to solo the route?

That would be a very Seth thing to do.

It's both a thing I like and dislike with the hack. With the route/team splitting and just sheer amount of enemies, it's not a bad idea to split up xp at least a bit and get most people at least a few levels here and there.

Also, separating Raigh and Lugh is a dickmove.

Gameplay wise it makes perfect sense here and I'm very glad for it cause I need them where they are. Story wise...yeah, you know how much I dislike it.

I love it, and I hope you like what I've got in this update!

On 9/9/2018 at 10:32 AM, Tamanoir said:

It's bcause Myrhh is an Indigo Child.
That's what makes her so special, not the fact she's a dragon.

I thought it was the Demon King's doing, but his power were stopped by Bors' chin (if they ever reamke FF6, this should be his special skill, Dragonchin, with the same effect as Dragonskin).
But your explanation is better.

And don't worry, dying is all, part of Orson's plan : he will come back later, as a zombie. Since now his skin is green, he will fits better than anyone else on the team.

You all need to stop giving me crazy ideas I'm mad tempted to just do and I probably shouldn't.

With that, let's start off with some Lyon flashbacks! These I haven't changed up, but figured I may as well throw em in. Most of the fully original stuff is towards the second half/end.

Spoiler

gT0XN2p.png297jXu0.pngGEMzasW.pngh9yhJCa.png

bpZ9HPA.png4HXC7WT.pngg0USDIP.pngxoOG60V.png

3VBwS3j.pngXigA4an.pngPhYpWJu.pngya0cIU3.png

All this I actually got from an English SS file. I just hacked Seth, Ephraim and Eirika to have amazing stats and blazed through the chapters cause I didn't feel like copying everything here into green. It probably took more time this way actually, but it was kinda fun at least.

oE7vluo.pngzzQU9PU.pngOdKsDpg.pngA3dU8qP.png

Maybe she was praying for better hair?

rmCQNF4.pngBHBpiMk.pngkWq0Fxr.png59S6Yoz.png

RvuXvag.png6uqFUCK.png2OgU7K9.png1MgaHmq.png

Is Father MacGregor also Natasha's mentor she mentions?

2jyA917.pngyr3TwEX.pngFUjhArH.pngCq0Ludb.png

Eirika's not helping the theory here.

NhhmBbG.png2RGAShy.pngWLqiFZI.pngbeLhugJ.png

You just have to be halfway to death, and you can fulfill your dreams Ephraim!

jPVlcd2.pnga1lociZ.pngq71DCE4.pnguSUVshH.png

They did do a good job with Lyon in this game.

Awch0Gb.png6oDADoI.png5nIKVEj.png1TSZcoS.png

b5jz444.pngmKHuh2m.png7uJPkrO.pngsQq5nl3.png

uhFhPIN.pngmgDXKAi.pngzzPEXSO.pngqzrtcEZ.png

MpS47Lk.png1aS1cKB.png00M2IlO.pngjphSdhD.png

He's really just mad neither of you got Fado's more green hair.

Df3Sx3X.pngTX3cgYY.png2gw4IME.png6Nf6w0K.png

I was gonna say Eirika doesn't have enough strength to take the throne, but...

g5Tqodr.pngY8VmBVE.pngCG6tOyI.pngnZjjsDD.png

Well ain't that just sad?

c5sZ1Jh.pngIkdiHUn.pngJXXaWlc.pngy4ywXSV.png

cKcV3TC.pnggJHMlKs.pngFGdjoOr.pngm2CI0Mc.png

So he looked zombie-ish even before...well...yeah.

Fkirkpi.pngMtz45bV.pngJJsuBWq.pngkLG57kj.png

You know with hacking, that can be arranged Ephraim...I say as if I had any portrait making talent.

ZxirxQJ.pngOz46Dh7.pngZNQC38O.pngxxfHsyV.png

Again, they do a good job making you feel for them. It's been forever since I actually saw this scene normally.

jK13kYC.pngPsipMKt.pngSQtFRQI.pngS687UF5.png

Jfq5qba.pngTgi7jQP.png

With the end of the flashback, let's move on! It's still mostly SS text upcoming, but some lines I changed to at least slightly fit some characters, mostly Ced over Innes.

IAf1wBY.pngf5CKkj9.pngJeVVVym.pngQmfaGCO.png

Fee's the Tana replacement, except not in gameplay for some odd reason. I still may just hack her in, even if it's not over someone like Fiora.

lda8vMo.pngGDP1XFB.pngXE4GAF5.pngDUKGZtw.png

eu1dWth.pngB6Ffb6c.pngeAu2t8a.pngM9xtngf.png

Maybe I should have made the NPC Soldier portrait orange. Perhaps next time!

ZnD7Jhu.pngwm3qOgm.png0YR7RH7.png6ayLaeq.png

ZBpWZ27.pngSXhCDQy.pngsoL3AAY.pngc10mCH9.png

Figured from the tiny bit I know/have read of Ced, he wouldn't really be like Innes here.

cxmqMAc.pngq5480Oa.pngxcunHvp.pngxTrxFjC.png

XzxEB6w.pngjnIpIRn.pngFHGla6h.png2lgycFW.png

U1LOFgj.pngBbHuaWL.png

Eirika, you look so sincere right now.

usbHxl0.pngpKEaVCO.png3rrNjSA.pngK15m42L.png

fTQKkU7.pngGfKjDgz.pngvJkBHq3.pnghUQuIZx.png

Allies that are competent? Actually, you do see some useful NPCs later on. Frelia's not half bad in this game.

T3HGzIl.pngGXZqloh.pngHEQRclB.pngDCdNCup.png

HYanoY9.pngKZq84lq.pngq2annJO.png2YFqAOD.png

To eliminate all green hair in the multiverse?

DA4IbUv.pngYyZ6lbY.png6zQIws8.pngXnTf9z2.png

bdWapXi.pngOQoN2Wd.png1SMEWvp.pngO9qG6no.png

At least Eirika's asking better questions this time.

PO4Widl.pngerTsupr.pngCfdgsYK.pngz9OGyvn.png

WvPuDlS.pngC5HBZqT.pngYNlnCtq.pngCHCdS0z.png

Ehfz3e7.pngfbQpvKr.pngfbQpvKr.png8X78GFk.png

Some small changes here and there to attempt to accomodate half thought out dimension plots!

2sMEYuK.pngXCQWKVw.pngKTMnqiJ.pngPlMl5QE.png 

tZxnDGj.pngHU8ZIWY.pngtuLyE4V.pnghWPuQgR.png

Who is this "Saleh" of which you speak?

940pJnJ.pngKWoyoBW.png2HUKpt5.pngIgzLwOk.png

L3vmbMc.pngRXb4NIz.pngmoSDYVX.pngHPZAKat.png

At least it took the wings for you and not just indigo hair.

VmPxqkr.pngmeNsND4.pnglVM421E.pngkc8eRYv.png

lbUGBDU.png9x6b1pL.pngo5K2xqp.pngbjYpyOH.png

I really shoulda made these guys orange.

bpCosq7.pngjDI37h7.pnguyI9Vqz.png6SuGJ6a.png

dYl3PEX.pngBvlM6Y5.pngrXz25KW.pngwXZOBLx.png

SlOhlKF.png0snodB1.pngzRk5iTl.pngb6uFWJW.png

When Erinys said there were many soldiers, she should have maybe assigned more than just literal Soldiers there.

HZtFb0y.pngBVG7jwr.png

Okay Caellach doesn't have anywhere near that HP when you actually fight him in Chapter 15.

jUDOvTm.pngMnlF8Oy.png

This Soldier doesn't even actually die, he just immediately disappears after this combat that leaves him at 2 HP.

VZUX5gn.pngl2P2JfM.png47EM1tW.pngiNckR0k.png

I guess there was one Knight there too. Erinys should learn there's a whole weapon triangle out there!

IeVKpnH.pngX0IKpcL.pngRrZO9gi.pngYZGta4N.png

B0mXdXp.pngax5VXoe.pngsOIHkzd.pngJEyoVNO.png

He should have just given Caellach an entire tragic monologue, but I'm glad he didn't cause this is long already.

Xd6WmdT.pngDQEPXWq.pngeyekIn9.pngGJsviEU.png

RIP Frelia Knight, though you're not nearly as awesome as one particular Rausten Knight in Chapter 19.

Eu5hG1M.pngia6tlYI.pngaQC105S.pngsAOmyrt.png

5rTNzZX.png4ONLZdX.pngn7J8XEK.pnglohqR1f.png

Even Caellach recognizes Vigarde is basically a zombie!

0kWSRIx.pngZXUgfYG.pngCAzsKFr.pngGydCK3s.png

Gee Erinys, I wonder.

aLzveLk.pngDSCZZio.pngeWCZKtQ.png1CgN3zp.png

adxHDqz.pngryABNVn.pngo31ZamT.pnghAsNuer.png

6uAYokd.pngO3F8Xpn.pngaTyL26T.png4Qo4FDO.png

They'd believe everyone but you Eirika.

BMHWpFR.pngZP35qD6.png4mTinDh.pngJZcFgaN.png

You go Ced! Prove yourself better than Innes, who I guess just straight doesn't exist here.

4DAJJd4.png29AKU2n.pngNVx4hTv.png0E3AzBP.png

It's not like we'd want you anyways Erinys! Oh who am I kidding I'd take another flier in a game with...seven of them? And that's if I don't hack Fee in.

PoNohxU.pngK1yEoj7.pngkluSgFK.pngkIYAUry.png

PttzErT.png2YYLlFz.png3m1VfS7.pngkTnjeye.png

"There will be no danger, but I'll fight as hard as you! You know, against all the not-danger!"

6rSLsoA.pngc8oW8ij.png19NPkwL.pngZG2VmQd.png

SxL7a1v.pngBvjwN6M.pngXZjM1yq.pngrNFEDiC.png

He may have Fado's courage, but not as good hair.

ehUa3Jw.pngf9K48mk.pnge6GL39T.png7rr3d87.png

I want the Ced/Innes route now!

RsqabWB.png0AJbNK9.pngaUuPDql.pngaLLdqTG.png

But Eirika can't be defeated, cause again, there's no danger!

Buv1CsC.pngC5B4Yoc.png 

Hooray for some much needed gold!

5NzWIFC.pngpMUPJQL.pngUx2tjjY.pnguWxUezU.png

FgPIRTb.pngx7d16e7.pngRzdmvmf.pngyueJSHo.png

Considering both routes in this game, I'm not sure which I'm actually more scared of.

OAHXifQ.pngd1fTaDw.pngVSMndo9.pngwPexj9W.png

He's just gotta be hurt to be at full potential.

CYL2t55.pngzfMjFIx.pngUUFmlZN.pngCG4EQTb.png

54b0hG6.pngVXD2RxX.pngD4q9k0q.png

And we're at our nonexistant choice!

TkA22Ch.pngBiVJoTh.png

This is from the original translator, I approve. To be fair though, I'm not sure if the choices here still determine who your "main" Lord is post Chapter 15 or not.

From here on, we're moving into entirely my original stuff. I hope it's decent enough and you guys enjoy!

2aJz8Ft.pngllWjK6B.png6UCxr4n.pngRjILdQY.png

C3lfJso.pngv52zBkJ.pngEXTO112.pngv86iQKw.png

YT7Mjii.png

EJeF9lm.pnga2jg2qU.pngCVRLqaL.png

5Y3Jmyo.pngNXxR4CL.pngmNfN2mf.png

tBmjxH0.pngzq1YmKW.png0dkmjjo.png

fd2ZDkR.pngu3iPrZN.pngmzZQJJs.png

1uzYDoT.pngepZUqHq.pngUMHnaqn.png

UlKhNRP.pngtSdshuB.png

CHwPa3E.pngNpCymOS.pngtKv4V2f.png

CzLDQ4M.pngCbytH9R.png58Ahgww.png

YNIxMEa.pngPDt68WC.png

64AYbfM.pngMiOaDbu.pngNQ3pmK8.pngvnlf8XS.png

4oh2zUi.pngc81CyTG.pngdDrcW4d.pngwq4fv1O.png

FbltInY.pngQxgRZ7c.pngY84N2IR.png

n2kpQ2A.pngRzc7HBJ.png1IMatY0.png

AkxksVa.png1XYLyML.pngl62tbZD.png

x3qKqYb.pngYBMbsI8.png5njOlUF.png

O0oMItl.pngbToK6Qa.pngMeEyL7R.png9y3EW6O.png

XTPpety.pngnaxSPpI.png8ooZzhu.pngRgsPkdK.png 

L0Y6C8f.png

So remember I'm having Sain and Safy support...

kImX167.pngA3xcd2W.png

i3OgbDI.pngWN61ahJ.png 

Gl2REjg.png0SzsKaS.png6ns6xKq.png

3KU6Wh4.png

HIZz8SD.pngaduFPc7.png

ioAwxPj.pngTY3TGR1.pngKpRg3AK.png

cTzr0dN.pngElosma6.png78Cdfrr.png

7t6OKXB.pngjx6W9kK.pngFg1TLdy.png

CLRexu0.png0aD94Xd.png 

u2Xhc3e.pngAajsU7H.png

v2GiG5H.pngDC3APMR.png

D964u6M.pngiLYdgOT.png 

5FL11nV.png

WsySRgO.pngIOmJwVg.pngJqMzH9J.png

C7CpJhN.pngf9yavyu.pngS98vPRb.png

uVTbPW8.pngVEmjFrk.pngRQZdW6a.png

zo4rB08.pngrKbrs4N.pngaLYoBfz.png

YFs71Cp.pngGLWzBdL.pngTlt18Rt.png

Z3jNsBj.png00kODRC.png 

Shout outs to Lot!

ViqghBY.pngso4xy6D.pngQQ8ZTkP.png

OYcMlsx.png57ScEJ5.pngv4ewymm.png 

K546e8v.png6s26biZ.pngR4aMWKD.png 

p4qbAqP.pngyw48JWB.pngXOUcley.pngFBUNh4t.png

And with that, time to split up and start on Eirika's route! Sorry for the long delay, especially since this update doesn't have gameplay.

So there's the update! Like I said, I'll try to have Chapter 9-Eirika out as soon as I can and get back to the gameplay. Please let me know if you guys liked what was here though and if you'd wanna see more like this as I go on!

One last thing. I'm a little unsure since this is still somewhat showcasing the game itself, but I'm considering doing a few hacks that would actually affect the gameplay. Mostly just these:

1. Hacking Fee into the party and not over someone, probably at the start of Ephraim route. She's got enough data (unique growths/bases, supports, etc.) that I'm pretty convinced she was originally intended to be playable, and it just seems weird she's not.

2. Giving a few characters a few more support options, mostly those who only have 1-2. Mostly just thinking of a few like Bors/Wolt and maybe throwing in another one or two for Lotsin who can only support Rebecca and Dieck if I'm remembering right.

3. Giving Nino a promotion option to let her go Druid. She actually had a custom made palette for it in the data in this game that isn't just Ewan's, so I think it was intended at one point before they changed her Pupil options to Mage and Troubadour. I'd be fine doing something like Valkyrie with her though too and I wouldn't need to change anything.

If you guys wanna see that stuff let me know, or if you'd just prefer I stick to how the gameplay actually is in the hack, which I could understand. Either way, thanks for reading/replying and I really hope you enjoy this interlude-y update!

4 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

jUDOvTm.pngMnlF8Oy.png

This Soldier doesn't even actually die, he just immediately disappears after this combat that leaves him at 2 HP.

Really should have coloured the soldiers, he's probably the messenger.

TkA22Ch.pngBiVJoTh.png

This is from the original translator, I approve. To be fair though, I'm not sure if the choices here still determine who your "main" Lord is post Chapter 15 or not.

Free will is a lie after all.

Well, it is a better choice than him chasing after everyone.

10 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Arden (though he doesn't count), Safy and I think Eirika all had one? Eirika almost had 2 till I derped in Chapter 7.

It's pretty interesting that Safy got a movement level up given that she's the only unit in Thracia 776 who doesn't have a movement growth (though you can still make her grow movement with the Dain scroll).

10 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

I believe so, yes

HZtFb0y.png

I also like how the generic soldier here literally has 0 for all his combat stats

it makes sense given Caellach's 34 attack speed and the soldier presumably being really weak anyway, but still

19 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

So there's the update! Like I said, I'll try to have Chapter 9-Eirika out as soon as I can and get back to the gameplay. Please let me know if you guys liked what was here though and if you'd wanna see more like this as I go on!

One last thing. I'm a little unsure since this is still somewhat showcasing the game itself, but I'm considering doing a few hacks that would actually affect the gameplay. Mostly just these:

1. Hacking Fee into the party and not over someone, probably at the start of Ephraim route. She's got enough data (unique growths/bases, supports, etc.) that I'm pretty convinced she was originally intended to be playable, and it just seems weird she's not.

2. Giving a few characters a few more support options, mostly those who only have 1-2. Mostly just thinking of a few like Bors/Wolt and maybe throwing in another one or two for Lotsin who can only support Rebecca and Dieck if I'm remembering right.

3. Giving Nino a promotion option to let her go Druid. She actually had a custom made palette for it in the data in this game that isn't just Ewan's, so I think it was intended at one point before they changed her Pupil options to Mage and Troubadour. I'd be fine doing something like Valkyrie with her though too and I wouldn't need to change anything.

If you guys wanna see that stuff let me know, or if you'd just prefer I stick to how the gameplay actually is in the hack, which I could understand. Either way, thanks for reading/replying and I really hope you enjoy this interlude-y update!

That was actually kind of refreshing after all the battling, so it works out! I'm neutral towards gameplay hacks, honestly, so do what feels best there, I'll enjoy the ride either way.

Also I laughed way too hard at the 'All roads lead to Eirika' thing, it sounds like something @Alexmender would have on his sig.

On 12/9/2018 at 6:00 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Supposed to be much better than Shadow Dragon right?

I guess so, SD has some really stupid shenanigans, but with Cirosan's patches it improves a whole lot. Even without them, I still think it's a pretty good game. You can never go wrong with a game where Wrys is recruited in the first chapter.

You all have no idea how tempted I am to somehow make all of your answers correct.

Hey, not all of them, I wouldn't want to hog the spotlight. Just... do Orson justice somehow, okay? That is all I ask.

It's never stated, but it's one of those things that everyone just considers a fact because it makes sense. MacGregor was important enough to be tutoring both the prince of Grado and the prince of Renais, it's sensible to think that he might've gotten to know Lyon's plans somehow. And that he would consider the poor father enough of a threat to have him killed...

He's really just mad neither of you got Fado's more green hair.

Maybe you could replace both siblings with their flashback versions. They have green hair there, at least.

Again, they do a good job making you feel for them. It's been forever since I actually saw this scene normally.

They do a good job making you feel for them. By making Ephraim call Eirika plain. I can just imagine Lyon sweating bullets, desperately fighting the urge to scream "NO SHE'S NOT!!"

Poor guy. He didn't deserve what happened to him. He really didn't... especially not in Ephraim's route, that one's painful to watch.

Figured from the tiny bit I know/have read of Ced, he wouldn't really be like Innes here.

Which is a shame. Innes's first reaction to seeing the siblings alive and well being to antagonize Ephraim for no reason at all and to ignore Eirika was absolutely hilarious.

Allies that are competent? Actually, you do see some useful NPCs later on. Frelia's not half bad in this game.

Except for the fact that they had their arses kicked about five minutes after this, and then they had their arses kicked again in the river chapter until only Syrene was alive?

But then again, Innes's is awesome for a Sniper, and most important of all, they have the Boulder. Not in this game, of course, but... I think his con and stache are huge enough that they trascend the existential plane of FE8 and invade other realms.

What I'm trying to say is, next time someone without green hair joins, replace them with Moulder.

Or maybe you could make him replace Fomortiis as the main villain. It makes perfect sense: he's pretty much the complete opposite to green hair that there is, his being the most sane, realistic hair in all of Fire Emblem. Also, he's the Boulder. There can be no mightier threat than he.

2YFqAOD.png

To eliminate all green hair in the multiverse?

That means Eirika is fine, sadly. Stupid girl, ruining the stakes!

Even Caellach recognizes Vigarde is basically a zombie!

Honestly, though, Caellach is great. He and Valter are my favourites from FE8 after Orson. I love how he just casually admits to having murdered Joshua's mom to his face, and how he just casually admits to wanting to usurp the throne of Grado at some point to Lyon's face. He's really casual, that one.

Who is this "Saleh" of which you speak?

He's a great character. He's also got green clothes. That was enough for-- you know what I'm getting at.

"There will be no danger, but I'll fight as hard as you! You know, against all the not-danger!"

This is giving me Roy-Merlinus vibes.

XvQTknR.png

Xb8ZQ0W.pngC'mon, Merlinus, I wanna fight and get in trouble!

XvQTknR.png

Xb8ZQ0W.pngThere'll be no danger! You'll see!

XvQTknR.png

Xb8ZQ0W.pngOkay, okay, I get it...

Xb8ZQ0W.pngWait, what's that? They're attacking us?!? Guess we have no choice then! To arms!

K523MkD.png...grumble grumble...

TkA22Ch.pngBiVJoTh.png

Hah.

5Y3Jmyo.pngNXxR4CL.pngmNfN2mf.png

Cecilia in a nutshel. Seriously, she gets killed three times over by Zephiel and in the next chapter she's up and about again. In the fucking desert. This woman's a trooper!

If you make her friendzone him, I'll forever be grateful. After I'm done choking to death in laughter.

Gl2REjg.png0SzsKaS.png6ns6xKq.png

She's terrible, Elincia!

v2GiG5H.pngDC3APMR.png

Jeez... sure hope nothing bad happens to either of them... if it did, I'd surely... lose my head over it.

5FL11nV.png

He's smaller than you are, Raigh, how is he...

YFs71Cp.pngGLWzBdL.pngTlt18Rt.png

KCxUJ45.png

You've got a ways ahead of you, Lotsin, but I believe in you.

OYcMlsx.png57ScEJ5.pngv4ewymm.png 

Why did Alec say the same thing twice? And, more importantly, why did Kyle ignore it?

K546e8v.png

You just could not resist, could you?

All righty then, I'll give you my opinions.

I'm okay with that.

I mean, Lotsin and Dieck is already cool, but yeah, I think he could use some more supports if that truly is all. Go ahead.

Hmmmm well, it's not like Druids are overpowered or anything. If anything, she's going to be worse off as a Druid, but who doesn't want Nino to follow in Canas's footsteps?

Ergh... not all the way through, of course...

My point is, sure, go ahead.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That means Eirika is fine, sadly. Stupid girl, ruining the stakes!

Ah, but she isn't. See, Orsin cast a secret spell during his Chapter, causing both siblings' hair to turn green in their sleep sometime in the future, thus opening them for elimination! It's understandable you missed it, the spell only has a single frame of animation, but in a world where the final goal of the enemy is to eliminate all who bear green hair, missing such a spell could easily turn fatal, as you believe yourself safe right up to the moment you look in the mirror and realize you've been playing into their hands this whole time...

Also, I just realized it looks like Eirika's either drunk or trying to look seductive in all the shots that have her starting to blink. Just thought the community at large should know that opinion even though it has nothing to do with the actual gameplay or story.

Since you asked so nicely, I'll share with you my scrapped ideas for that scrapped FE8 randomized playthrough I did years ago :
I wanted to make Anna replaces the Demon King. I mean, there are lots of reasons for this to happen. She's the RNGoddess after all. For me, it was because I abused RNG to get through the chapter (becuase chapter 5x with Zombie Fado, and priest Dzla who have 255% HP Growth and nothing else is quite terrible.)
Buut here it could be for lots of other reasons. First of all, all those lost Strength Growths are going somewhere, right ? Besides, you're fumbling with the game (I approve all changes btw), which could piss her off. ANd she have REd hair, which is the opposite of green.

Hey guys,  just popping in with a quick status update.  Unfortunately,  no chapter 9 yet, so here to say it might be a bit more delayed. 

In addition to new job and stuff being busy,  there's also been a lot of personal stuff going on lately,  including a death in the family this past weekend, so it's been hard finding time/motivation. Definitely still wanna get it out when I can, just might take a little bit longer and wanted to keep you guys posted. As usual, I super appreciate all the replies so far, y'all are awesome.