Playing the Binding Blade... again.

So...

I've completed this game 5 times, and going to 6. Sadly, I feel like the special maps and units just arent worth it to spend so many days on this game. If I could use Zephiel or Guinevere in the main campaign, I'd reconsider.

It would be cool to continue building different teams and supports. Should I press on to Zephiel? Or is it a waste to 100% the game?

Also, does beating the game on Hard mode carry any reward at all?

Well, completing the game this many times, you unlock more characters for the Trial Maps. If you complete the game on Hard Mode, you are unlocking more from the Trial Maps with your save. It's not a waste to go for the true ending, and the weapons from the bonus chapters are pretty good.

I don't have Zephiel yet, but I'm curious to try him. If you want to play it through again, but you miss a bonus chapter, you can just press forward - unless you really want to reach the true ending.

Ahh, I see. Sorry I misworded the Zephiel thing. I meant should I go for Zephiel's unit or is 100% of the maps and units a waste.

But thank you for the feedback and the hard mode info. I'm curious to try Eckesachs too. I shall press on to the long... long journey. 

I don’t think trial map units are meant to be something you grind for. They’re just a nice incentive to reward the player for coming back to the game every so often. 

Because it wont be worth it. The trial maps aren’t substantive enough, no matter how cool it is to use Zephiel, for it to possibly be worth the cumulative amount of work put in. 

3 hours ago, Superfan said:

I don’t think trial map units are meant to be something you grind for. They’re just a nice incentive to reward the player for coming back to the game every so often. 

Because it wont be worth it. The trial maps aren’t substantive enough, no matter how cool it is to use Zephiel, for it to possibly be worth the cumulative amount of work put in. 

I never thought of it like that. Makes sense though.

I'd probably get bored of Zephiel after 2 goes with him. But thank you for the feedback man.

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, Soviet Cut said:

I do think you need to beat the game at least one time in hard mode to unlock Guinivere, not sure about Zephiel though.

You have to beat it 9 times with at least one of those times being hard mode to unlock Guinivere. I believe Zephiel only requires you to beat the game 7 times. So OP is almost there to get Zephiel.

It's weird that Guinivere takes more work than her brother.