Old classes you would like to see return to the franchise

As the title suggests, I'm curious to find out which classes from past titles people liked and would want back in future titles.

Personally, I'd like to see the Nomad class again. It's a cool concept that I don't think has been explored as nearly enough.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Master knight please? Being able to use every weapon type is just awesome 

Sure it would. Until you realize just how much of a pain in the ass it would be to have ALL your weapon ranks be good... The rank clutter mages suffered from in Tellius was terrible, and this is taking it to the extreme. So my answer is... well, Dr. Robotnik will give it in my stead:

Chameleon! Chameleon! Chameleon! It's not only really cool for gameplay potential, but massively underutilized for plot potential. Imagine a whole race or tribe of Xanes. Anyone could be an Imposter!

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Sure it would. Until you realize just how much of a pain in the ass it would be to have ALL your weapon ranks be good... The rank clutter mages suffered from in Tellius was terrible, and this is taking it to the extreme. So my answer is... well, Dr. Robotnik will give it in my stead:

I reckon it could work if they had a skill set based around it. Discipline to start with of course, but also maybe something to use weapons at a lower rank with some kind of accuracy or damage nerf to compensate. Or just make them ignore weapon ranks completely and make them be a fun DLC class to play around with that doesn't even hide the fact that it's broken.

9 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Personally, I'd like to see the Nomad class again. It's a cool concept that I don't think has been explored as nearly enough.

The Bow Knight class is pretty much the same as the Nomad class, so it hasn't technically left the series.

9 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Master knight please? Being able to use every weapon type is just awesome 

YES! Promoting Leif/Lachesis was always sooooo satisfying and then being able to use any kind of weapon/magic/stave was so useful and it made the unit all the more unique.

6 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I mean they could have actually decent weapon ranks upon promotion like they did for other units before to make them actually useful. 

Besides I just like the thought of having so many weapons to choose from 

another class I’ve liked is the trainee classes from SS. I know they are far from the greatest units, but I loved training them up. Although I guess the early game villagers perform That role now.

Griffon Rider. It really could be more than just a one-off.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Adventurer and Basara classes again either.

Mage fighter (which I just stumbled upon) looks cool too

I know they didn't technically go all the way away, but Barbarians/Pirates should return. The only thing close in Fates was Fighter in that it promotes to Zerker and Oni classes in terms of the savagery/intimidation. They tried to create something different by mixing the attributes of Fighters and Barbarian.

3 hours ago, Superfan said:

I’d like to see armor mages make a return, especially if it meant having a playable one. They don’t have to be anything great, but the novelty would be interesting. 

Wait. We actually had armoured mages?

5 hours ago, Superfan said:

I’d like to see armor mages make a return, especially if it meant having a playable one. They don’t have to be anything great, but the novelty would be interesting. 

I'm in full agreement.

11 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

The Bow Knight class is pretty much the same as the Nomad class, so it hasn't technically left the series.

Yeah, I guess. But I was looking at the prospect of a non-promoted Mounted Bow which we haven't really seen since Tellius. At least by my memory.

11 hours ago, Hekselka said:

YES! Promoting Leif/Lachesis was always sooooo satisfying and then being able to use any kind of weapon/magic/stave was so useful and it made the unit all the more unique.

Too bad that the one game with it also had a godawful inventory system, eh? That's sure to take the wind out of its sails...

10 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I mean they could have actually decent weapon ranks upon promotion like they did for other units before to make them actually useful. 

Besides I just like the thought of having so many weapons to choose from 

This is just me, but I generally don't see the appeal, since most FE games only give you 5 item slots...

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

This is just me, but I generally don't see the appeal, since most FE games only give you 5 item slots...

I like a nice versatile unit. Besides you can always load them up with whatever weapons they need the most for a certain chapter during battle Preps if they are brought back.

8 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Too bad that the one game with it also had a godawful inventory system, eh? That's sure to take the wind out of its sails...

It doesn’t have to be a genealogy remake that brings it back. For all we know 3 houses has master knight in it, and I’m pretty sure that game is gonna have trading in it

7 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I like a nice versatile unit. Besides you can always load them up with whatever weapons they need the most for a certain chapter during battle Preps if they are brought back.

It doesn’t have to be a genealogy remake that brings it back. For all we know 3 houses has master knight in it, and I’m pretty sure that game is gonna have trading in it

Versatility is one thing, but no one unit can do it all. And the issue with Master Knight, as I see it, is that it tries to do everything... and does not exactly succeed. It's comparable to having a Pokemon with 31 IVs in everything, as I see it... it gets a lot of hype, but is it really warranted...??? I say no.

Even then, there's generally very little incentive to have more then 3 weapons on a unit, as I see it.

36 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Versatility is one thing, but no one unit can do it all. And the issue with Master Knight, as I see it, is that it tries to do everything... and does not exactly succeed. It's comparable to having a Pokemon with 31 IVs in everything, as I see it... it gets a lot of hype, but is it really warranted...??? I say no.

Even then, there's generally very little incentive to have more then 3 weapons on a unit, as I see it.

Perfect IVs are very much wanted in competitive Pokémon outside of slight changes to get a hidden power type last time I checked. Main game do whatever the hell you want run a physical alakazam and a special Tauros for all I care

Well I particularly like the gimmick, I find it fun. Maybe it’s practical maybe Its not, I’m just trying to find ways to make it somewhat practical

32 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Perfect IVs are very much wanted in competitive Pokémon outside of slight changes to get a hidden power type last time I checked. Main game do whatever the hell you want run a physical alakazam and a special Tauros for all I care

Well I particularly like the gimmick, I find it fun. Maybe it’s practical maybe Its not, I’m just trying to find ways to make it somewhat practical

Perfect IVs is one thing, but perfect IVs across the board...?? I'm not really sold since most mons are specially or physically inclined; in which case I don't really care if they have a 0 IV in the stat they don't use. There's also the likes of Ferrothorn, which is slow to the point that most everything outspeeds it.

That's fine if you like it. But... I'm not so optimistic as to try to see the best in everything.

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

Chameleon! Chameleon! Chameleon! It's not only really cool for gameplay potential, but massively underutilized for plot potential. Imagine a whole race or tribe of Xanes. Anyone could be an Imposter!

I will act like a chameleon and copy this answer.

9 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

I know they didn't technically go all the way away, but Barbarians/Pirates should return. The only thing close in Fates was Fighter in that it promotes to Zerker and Oni classes in terms of the savagery/intimidation. They tried to create something different by mixing the attributes of Fighters and Barbarian.

Pirate is best base class so yes, pirates, most definitely. I mean, maybe not because they might be redundant with fighters promoting to berserkers but, you know, depends on the game's promotion system.

25 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Perfect IVs is one thing, but perfect IVs across the board...?? I'm not really sold since most mons are specially or physically inclined; in which case I don't really care if they have a 0 IV in the stat they don't use. There's also the likes of Ferrothorn, which is slow to the point that most everything outspeeds it.

That's fine if you like it. But... I'm not so optimistic as to try to see the best in everything.

Oh well for phy/special attacker’s yeah the other attacking stat doesn’t matter for beans unless your Pimpnite, I was thinking more along the lines of the defensive stats which are always helpful, my bad

why not try to look for the good in something? 3 houses doesn’t look bad and I still have faith in IS