Old classes you would like to see return to the franchise

War Monk/Cleric. I've been growing quite fond of the class after ironmanning Awakening, and I'd like the choice to promote healers into a more durable class at the cost of not taking advantage of their high magic stat. This is only if reclassing reappears, though. I'd like the option to switch over to a magic class if I believe they've gained enough levels and stats that they won't die immedietly

Saint, as the "heal everyone around you" skill alone was extremely helpful, and just plain having a class that goes all out with the healing and fighting monsters role would be very useful.

Monk, as I could see them bringing the magic triangle back, but adding some more diversity to the magic types and classes.

Dread Fighters, and make them an actual class, and not DLC!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

War Monk/Cleric. I've been growing quite fond of the class after ironmanning Awakening, and I'd like the choice to promote healers into a more durable class at the cost of not taking advantage of their high magic stat. This is only if reclassing reappears, though. I'd like the option to switch over to a magic class if I believe they've gained enough levels and stats that they won't die immedietly

Saint, as the "heal everyone around you" skill alone was extremely helpful, and just plain having a class that goes all out with the healing and fighting monsters role would be very useful.

Monk, as I could see them bringing the magic triangle back, but adding some more diversity to the magic types and classes.

Dread Fighters, and make them an actual class, and not DLC!

I actually used to hate war monk/cleric but after playing as them more often I’d really like to see them back

do you wan fateswakening DFs or echoes DFs?

i want separation of the cavalry weapon classes again, as in, lance knights, axe knights and sword knights, like in jugdral and tellius, mostly because i like me some cavalry, and seeing specialization of weapons is generally cool, plus finn was cool

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

do you wan fateswakening DFs or echoes DFs?

Haven't bought any Awakening DLC, and I don't have fates, so I'm going with echoes. With some readjustments, though. They can keep their resistance boost and status as versatile mage killers, but make them less "masters of all" stat wise, and maybe limit them to swords, instead of them basically being "better" heroes/swordmasters weapon-wise.

7 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I actually used to hate war monk/cleric but after playing as them more often I’d really like to see them back

The added defense goes a surprisingly long way, and the slightly higher might of axes does more than one would think it would. Helps that hand axes basically make them good mage killers, too.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

The added defense goes a surprisingly long way, and the slightly higher might of axes does more than one would think it would. Helps that hand axes basically make them good mage killers, too.

I know they were really fun to use 

and renewal is a great skill 

On 8/3/2018 at 9:55 PM, Light Strategist said:

As the title suggests, I'm curious to find out which classes from past titles people liked and would want back in future titles.

Personally, I'd like to see the Nomad class again. It's a cool concept that I don't think has been explored as nearly enough.

Well, not so much classes but a concept of sorts.

I'd like for the Trinity of Magic to return again (Light>Anima>Dark>Light), thus I'd like Light magic users to return again.

Also Ballisticians.

I would like to see Fire, Wind and Thunder mages again. I think that this way every single mage character can have a specific role depending on the magic they specialize in. This could be further helped if the different kind of anima magic do effective damage against certain unit types (I heard that the tellius games did this but I haven't played them yet). 

Baron and Master Knights seem like fitting classes that you can give the Gotoh archetype or a prominent villain.

7 minutes ago, LJwalhout said:

I would like to see Fire, Wind and Thunder mages again. I think that this way every single mage character can have a specific role depending on the magic they specialize in. This could be further helped if the different kind of anima magic do effective damage against certain unit types (I heard that the tellius games did this but I haven't played them yet). 

Baron and Master Knights seem like fitting classes that you can give the Gotoh archetype or a prominent villain.

Can't speak for Radiant Dawn, but it was kinda present in Path of Radiance. Wind  was super effective against all that flies: pegasus, wyverns and bird laguz alike. Fire was effective against the 3 Beast type Laguz, a more limited list for sure, but they did show up a lot more as enemies. Thunder got shafted, it was effective against Dragon Laguz alone and they only show up on the last chapters, wyverns weren't even weak against it but i hear that was fixed in RD.

I like the Anima Triangle a lot, maybe because it let's me feel like i'm actually using mages and magic as mush as i'm using other classes, but having the tree colors of magic would only make for different feeling magicians if they also had diverse promotions. And that i think it's easier done with the Trinity of Magic.

Halberdier would be my number one and that extends to sentinel as well. Always loved the shield and spear combat. Spear masters from fates just dont cut it for me. Id also like to see more dark mages.

On 8/28/2018 at 11:27 AM, Hawkwing said:

I would be down with this. I find the added durability and Renewal to both be positives. They're also good Bolt Axe users (probably the only good ones in the entire series, too).