How Can Micaiah Be Made A Better Unit?

Jotari

How Should We Buff Micaiah?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How Should We Buff Micaiah?

• Give her a PRF Weapon (other than Thani)
    • Give her default Renewal
    • Make more Dark Mage enemies so she can get WTA
    • Boost her HP Growth
    • Give her Future Vision from Heroes!
    • Give her Heron Skills
    • Replace her with a second Ike
    • Give her Dark Magic on promotion
    • Boost her Speed growth
    • More Part 3 Chapters + Earlier promotion
    • Give her Leadership Stars

I think the only problem is DB's lack of chapters. She one shots so many things with Thani. Horse? Armor? Dead. Instantly. Her HP growth forces you to choose who gets angelic robe. It's actually useful on her instead of a complete waste. I still don't give it to her lol, but it's there. The act/chapter setup for this game ruins lots of units. Granted, some units are just abysmally worthless (e.g. Meg and Fiona).

I would be interested in seeing Micaiah's specialties being emphasized, specifically boosting her magic even more. She can function as a magical nuke, but is held back by having restrictive caps early and poor availability later. I would be interested in seeing how she would fare with a >20 magic cap in Part 1 and a 100% magic growth. Since she can barely double, it wouldn't make her unbalanced by any means, and it only strengthens her later game Thani bombing, as well as Purge sniping. It also assists her in hitting Ashera at all (40, capped magic as a Light Priestess + Rexaura (12 mt) = 52 damage - Ashera's 50 RES = 2 damage). Finally, her Light Priestess magic cap could be raised to 45/50, and it wouldn't damage Endgame balance, because even with that power behind her, she still isn't one-shotting non-armors/horses. 

You could do other things like giving her Creidlydad after defeating Sephiran, giving the DB more chapters in Part 3, and upping her Tier 2 promo gains to help her stay relevant. 

Imo Micaiah's bases and growths are fine as they are.
Micaiah is not the speedmage as FE12Linde, Asvel or Lugh are, but rather the classic mage with super high magic and resistance, who can easily work as a magetank.
She's amazing to heavily weaken phyiscal enemies to give kills to Edward, Nolan etc. And she's amazing to weaken mages not to let the physical units take any heavy magical damage. She's the best chipper of the Dawn Brigade. Sure, she's no front unit with her bad defense and speed, but that's not the purpose of a mage anyways. She only has to be afraid of archers, hand axes and javelins. 1-9 can be played in a way that she never can get attacked.

I would only agree that she could make better use of sacrifice if her HP was higher. i think +2 base HP and +10% growths are the absolute maximum she should be buffed.
But seriously using vulneraries and using her in combat is more effective than sacrificing. I hardly sacrifice at all in part 1 as bringing Laura to maps I can't bring everyone. Vulneraries are so OP in this game that they replace healers in part 1.

I'm on the same train as boosting her speed. She'll be at least a decent glass cannon then. 

On some other notes, I also liked the Heron idea from a lore perspective. Sure, it kind of gives her heritage away, but a refreshing skill makes sense. I can see the why nots though. Rafiel becomes available not too long afterwards and the only part in the game where her refreshing skill won't be redundant is in Part 3.

My idea is to give sacrifice the ability to restore bio rhythm to full because herons have that ability as well. Also since sacrifice cures status effects, bad biorhythm being cured ought to be easier story wise. 

If you want to go even deeper, let sacrifice also restore a turn just like a dancer/heron. After all, Micaiah gives her own energy to the person she's using the ability on.