Amberstorm

Under Grey Skies: An FE8 ROM Hack

It's really fun although a bit on the easy side. I like the characters a lot. I know you said they've been busy but once the script gets polished it'll be even nicer. Bruce, Beo and Ray are OP though. I love how the healer has access to light magic right away like in SoA. Dancing and healing give too much xp I feel but it's your game. The mercy skill on the jeigan is also really neat. Beo and Fern are pretty adorable also. What were your inspirations for your hack? I'm looking forward to the upcoming releases; thanks for all the hard work you and your team put into it.

Edited by Rewind

Just finished.  I have to say, I really enjoyed this hack.  Fern, Ray, Raphael, and Donovan were probably my favorite characters to use.

A few questions, mostly about classes:

• I noticed Nadia starts at Level 0.  Is there a reason for this?  Also, she learns Paragon upon reaching Level 1, but her class description says it's supposed to learn Bond.
  • Does the Hound class just not promote?  If not, what does it have to compensate?
  • I noticed a few new promoted classes like Grassrunner, Centurion, and the new Dancer promotions, but never actually got to see them in action.  How do those work?
  • Audrey can't promote with the Infantry Seal despite being an infantry class?  What does she promote with, then?
  • Do you plan to eventually give Fern a proper female battle sprite?

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Just finished.  I have to say, I really enjoyed this hack.  Fern, Ray, Raphael, and Donovan were probably my favorite characters to use.

A few questions, mostly about classes:

• I noticed Nadia starts at Level 0.  Is there a reason for this?  Also, she learns Paragon upon reaching Level 1, but her class description says it's supposed to learn Bond.
  • Does the Hound class just not promote?  If not, what does it have to compensate?
  • I noticed a few new promoted classes like Grassrunner, Centurion, and the new Dancer promotions, but never actually got to see them in action.  How do those work?
  • Audrey can't promote with the Infantry Seal despite being an infantry class?  What does she promote with, then?
  • Do you plan to eventually give Fern a proper female battle sprite?

- That was an error on my part, this is already fixed

-Hound does promote, it's available in Part 2

-Grassrunner used to be a second promotion for Thief, but we have changed it, Centurion is what should be the 2nd Soldier promotion, 

-Audrey should be able to use the Infantry Seal, it is fixed now

-Yes, eventually

47 minutes ago, Amberstorm said:

-Audrey should be able to use the Infantry Seal, it is fixed now

Now?  As in when I re-download and apply the current patch, or when I eventually download the patch for Part 2?

BTW, there is a female Fighter battle animation here if I'm not mistaken, but it's based on the original Fighter animation and not the Tellius-style one.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Now?  As in when I re-download and apply the current patch, or when I eventually download the patch for Part 2?

When Part 2 comes out, we only want to do major updates, not small updates

Update: After a multi hour call with my writing team, we have made massive changes to our original script for the chapters later on, as such, we have scrapped a story arc we felt unnecessary and are instead focusing on the primary conflict establish in Act 1 even further. Because of this, we are now fairly confident in our chapter count being around 31, with 28 main chapters and 3 Gaiden-type maps, which though I can't spoil, 2 of said 3 are some of my favorite maps as both a developer but mainly as a writer. Because of this, we will be restructuring our release schedule not in entire acts, but chunks of acts, as completing an entire act in a timely fashion when University exists is not going to happen. As such, the next patch will contain 6 chapters, 2-P, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4 and 1 Gaiden chapter. 2-P is completed minus writing and eventing, with the gaiden not far behind and 2-1 and 2-2 are already on the path to being made. 2-3 and 2-4 have rough outlines but have not entered the design process yet. That's it for 2.0 updates

This hack sounds interesting,  especially the story, I will give it a try.

Update: We've been doing some work updating the game for our 1.5, but since I have officially started university, time is going to be difficult to come by. We still hope to release 1.5 soon, so we'll keep you guys updated. For now, I'll just send a screenshot of a unit a lot of people called underwhelming, so we went ahead and buffed her quite a bit

Eleanor.png