Smash Direct This Wednesday

Captain Karnage

32 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

time to get a little hype!

I'm really hoping we get multiple reveal trailers @Jedi

So in the end we actually got an annoucement during EVO; awesome.

I'm excited, but oh, boy, I'm seeing so many extreme expectations in the YT comments. :P

Also, there seems to be some outrage about "another Smash Direct", it seems.

Since there like 60+ fighters already, i bet the reveal trailers will be all 4-6 Echo Fighters. It just makes sense in a game the term is officially recognized to have more of them. 

I bet on Ninten as a Ness Echo, Octolings as Inklings Echoes and maybe Celica (the og sword+magic lord) as a Robin Echo, with Alm showing up instead of Crom.

• eclipse changed the title to Smash Direct This Wednesday

I'm expecting:

• Details about classic/adventure mode type stuff
  • Details about online
  • Details about goofy little things analogous to Smash Run/Tour
  • 2 new characters, one being an echo

I'd loooooove it if they have a character reveal give it away on those 4 notes on the church organ:

Adventure mode, when?

It's the only thing that I can say that I really want out of this game, Everything else, I can take in stride

Still though, poor timing for me, as I'll be working by the time it begins :/

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

As if they didn't spend enough of the E3 Direct talking about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in unnecessary detail.

I really don't like that Nintendo seems to be putting all of its eggs in the Smash basket.

Well, it is one of their absolute biggest titles, and usually is a killer app on its own. Not to mention, Smash 4 not performing as well as previous titles, even Brawl, if memory serves.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

I'm expecting:

• Details about classic/adventure mode type stuff
  • Details about online
  • Details about goofy little things analogous to Smash Run/Tour
  • 2 new characters, one being an echo

I'd loooooove it if they have a character reveal give it away on those 4 notes on the church organ:

Captain N themed event match when?

49 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Adventure mode, when?

It's the only thing that I can say that I really want out of this game, Everything else, I can take in stride

Still though, poor timing for me, as I'll be working by the time it begins :/

Other than event matches, adventure mode had been my favorite part of Smash since the Gamecube (believe it or not, third place used to go to the nifty character specific "break the targets" and "board the platforms" challenges before one was dropped and the other made generic due to the impossible task of crafting one per character with the growing cast). I was pretty disappointed when we didn't get it last time round.

If I've converted it right, it should be 15:00 in the UK.

Either way, perfect!

*points to avatar* Please Sakurai, I've supported this little guy for years!

Also, adventure mode, if it's not too much to ask.

Smash is truly the franchise that gets me the most hyped. 2014 was a great year...

Oh good, 8/8 is just going to be the day of reveals for Nintendo huh. When I wake up that morning I get to watch the Smash Bros Direct and then later that night FE Heroes new banner trailer will probably be put up. Good thing I won't be busy that day.

10 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

As if they didn't spend enough of the E3 Direct talking about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in unnecessary detail.

I really don't like that Nintendo seems to be putting all of its eggs in the Smash basket.

I mean, it's Smash-- plus the only game they have for the Holidays outside of the nostalgia pandering mobile cash-in.

9 hours ago, Dai said:

Well, it is one of their absolute biggest titles, and usually is a killer app on its own. Not to mention, Smash 4 not performing as well as previous titles, even Brawl, if memory serves.

16 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I mean, it's Smash-- plus the only game they have for the Holidays outside of the nostalgia pandering mobile cash-in.

Really?  I know Super Smash Bros. has a very passionate fanbase, but it's never really struck me as a major console mover.

EDIT: Clearly I must live under a damned rock.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Really?  I know Super Smash Bros. has a very passionate fanbase, but it's never really struck me as a major console mover.

Nearly half the people who owned a Wii U bought Smash 4 (5 million sales)-- the 3DS version sold 8 million and became Famitsu's user-voted game of the year.

I saw plenty of people saying they were going to get a Wii U almost entirely due to Smash; also, keep in mind Melee was a launch title for the Gamecube.

Smash is huge with broad appeal; it's something that will invariably boost console sales around it's launch, and it's a guaranteed evergreen title (especially if they capitalize on it releasing early in the Switch's lifespan with continued DLC support).

44 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

EDIT: Clearly I must live under a damned rock.

Smash is a console mover of gigantic proportions. The sheer amount hype building to it’s release is amazing. The fact the Gamecube and it’s controller are still being sold is proof of that. Even back in 2001, when gaming still wasn’t as big, the crowd went absolutely insane when Meele was first revealed in E3 2001.

I must be one of the only ones who absolutely doesn't care about smash bros, and is annoyed that we're only hearing smash news as opposed to stuff about Fire emblem three houses, or xenoblade 2's torna dlc, etc...

I mean, I know it sells extremely well, but unless it has an actual story mode like brawl, I just couldn't care less about smash in general anymore. I'm really not a fan of multiplayer games anymore either.

Edited by Dinar87

15 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

I must be one of the only ones who absolutely doesn't care about smash bros, and is annoyed that we're only hearing smash news as opposed to stuff about Fire emblem three houses, or xenoblade 2's torna dlc, etc...

I mean, I know it sells extremely well, but unless it has an actual story mode like brawl, I just couldn't care less about smash in general anymore. I'm really not a fan of multiplayer games anymore either.

I'm with you.  I'm also salty that we have no chance of hearing more about Fire Emblem: Three Houses this Direct and will likely have to wait another three months or so.  Also Shin Megami Tensei V, but I don't think that has much chance of being shown off in a Direct anyway because Atlus seems to like doing its own thing with reveals.

The only reason I'm considering getting Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at all is because I have a friend who likes the games and it would be nice to have something else we can play together whenever she comes over.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

8 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'm with you.  I'm also salty that we have no chance of hearing more about Fire Emblem: Three Houses this Direct and will likely have to wait another three months or so.  Also Shin Megami Tensei V, but I don't think that has much chance of being shown off in a Direct anyway because Atlus seems to like doing its own thing with reveals.

The only reason I'm considering getting Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at all is because I have a friend who likes the games and it would be nice to have something else we can play together whenever she comes over.

I agree. Sadly, Nintendo has moved on from us non-smash fans for now (for the most part anyways)...so we have to move on too. I've been playing fire emblem path of radiance again (this is my 6th playthrough) and I've just finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at 130 hours...I don't know about you, but I won't let Nintendo disappoint me ever again, as I hope to not care about them and the whole "hype train" so much in the future.

Sometimes it's just damn frustrating being a fan of video games-getting attached to wonderful series that end up getting very little love compared to other series...

Edited by Dinar87