New Heroes Coming: August 10th (Festival in Hoshido)

Coolmanio

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this...and I'm 90% sure they're using the Cipher alts for the Fates people. Maybe the other two characters will be something different. If that's not Basara!Xander and Wyvernlord!Ryoma, I'll be pretty shocked.

EDIT: Looking at the clothing, it might not be, but I still feel like that's Ryoma and Xander at least. XD

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

8 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Maybe Lyn will get a bit of Japanese influence?

If IS wants to risk actual riots breaking out over six Lyns in FEH in less than two years, then sure why not. I kinda hope Lyn #6 doesn't happen here since we just had an obligatory and unnecessary salt storm with legendary Lucina.

At first I thought another Xander would be excessive. But then I figure whatever, may as well go all out and have a Xander for each season.

2:2 banner too presumably which is noteworthy. I mean it shouldn't be, but it is.

If that's Ryoma, a certain someone will be a happy camper

But yeah, if it's the Cipher alts with the opposite side classes, then this might be some sort of banner themed around the peace of the two sides or something? Wyvern rider Ryoma would be enticing in concept.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So it is yukata after all? Expected and a little boring then. I don't quite get what the big deal with them are.

They’re beautiful and kinda crazy at the same time. They can have a few or a lot of layers I think and the fabrics used for them are usually really eye catching and gorgeously detailed. What’s not to like? I mean, it kinda embodies the fun of dressing up for a wedding or for Halloween.

Edited by Liliesgrace

That first dude pretty much has to be Ryouma. Unless they are going with a really disheveld Karel/Navarre.

Not sure about the second dude. Could be Xander, but they've since stopped doing full series banners, and the second Fates one pretty much has to be a girl. Unless they are being incredibly bold and releasing a full guy banner. huh

Anyway, if it is Ryouma, and Sakura is nowhere on this banner, I will probably have to pass, since Kinshi!Sakura is bound to appear sooner or later. Sorry, big bro. If she is on the banner and I have some orbs left after getting her, I might go for him though.

20 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I believe this is the first time they put two male characters for the silhouettes. 

All male seasonal banner!?  That would be bold and impressive, though I thought even though there are yukuta for men and women it has that fetish/sex appeal for women only.  At least as far as anime has taught me.  

Lyn would look gorgeous in a yukuta.  Xander would be really disappointing, we'd be up to 4 of him.  Can we stop getting so many characters from Fates and Awakening with 4 or more alts?  I'll also say disappointing how dominating awakening/fates is as far as seasonals go still.  I hope maybe we get are 2nd seasonal banner in the 2 years of this game that doesn't have an Awakening/Fates character, please?  The only one I think was the Love Abounds banner.  

Who would look best in yukuta. Well I think characters in the series that come from the East and/or represent Asian ethnicity.  Karel would be great, maybe in his sword saint old form.  Getting a usable version of Navarre would be nice too, he was awesome in FE1, FE3.  Maybe Mareeta from Thracia?  Larcei from FE4?  

The person on the left is definably Ryoma.  No doubt.  Guy to the right looks way too narrow in the waist to be Xander, though.  Could be Seigbert, could be a chick.  If it is Seigbert, I have only one stipulation that will make out break my consideration for summoning him.

Does he actually say the stupid line, "I'm Seigbert," again?

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

Is the right one a dude at all? Could br someone with a ponytail like Oboro (see below the left sleeve)

if it’s not that’s fine too, more males would be good although hopefully not Xander.

so is the fan going to be an axe or a tome?

also maybe a small chance of the Awakening kids in yukatas as well (Owain? Severa? Selena’s support mentions a yukata in Fates) if they do a mix banner. But i guess we’ll know during the video

Edited by mcsilas

Oh look, more Fates royals seasonals. Summer belongs to Fateswakening it seems.

[Screams internally]

Hoping the other half of the banner is a different game, or if it's full on Fates, give us a yukata Oboro.

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

They’re beautiful and kinda crazy at the same time. They can have a few or a lot of layers I think and the fabrics used for them are usually really eye catching and gorgeously detailed. What’s not to like? I mean, it kinda embodies the fun of dressing up for a wedding or for Halloween.

I guess I can see this. Maybe its because I'm not Japanese nor such a Japanophile that I can't quite get the sense of excitement out them. I mean I can understand the concept of them being festive, but that doesn't make me want to party. I don't feel yukatas.

Wedding dresses, perhaps owing purely to Western tastes, come off as crazier to me, as does Halloween. Weddings have the love aspect as well, which makes it partly directly fanservicey. Of course, swimsuits are outrageous and fanservicey as well.

Yukatas by comparison seem very modest and mild. Now that is certainly not a bad thing, Seasonals devoid of blatant fanservice and outlandish designs, are something which I can easily see the appeal in. They don't come off as so slimy, and potentially more creative since they have to exercise restrain and appeal to actual taste and not just lust. I'd be fine with plenty of fanservice-free Seasonals (not that I'd ever summon for any).

Maybe I require that slimy fanservicey over-the-top stuff to get an energetic reaction out of me. Maybe this is why in Bravely Second, Magnolia and Edea, who wear colorful kimonos (or yukata- I can't tell the difference between a general kimono and what is specifically a yukata) as Yokai don't do much for me. Tiz in Yokai on the other hand gets a really bursting kitsune appearance which I love. Maybe the only way a person in a yukata could send me to the joys of heaven is if, let us say Ryoma here, was slipping it off as he heads into a bath, turning his head to back towards us naughtily smiling, exposing his bare back down to the top of the bottomless canyon of his perfect posterior. Or just a cheery guy in a fundoshi instead.

Even so, I can still appreciate any aesthetic merits of the yukatas in my unemotional intellectual capacities.

25 minutes ago, Nanima said:

That first dude pretty much has to be Ryouma. Unless they are going with a really disheveld Karel/Navarre.

Nope, it’s clearly Sumeragi. At least, that’s what IS would do if they wanted to go out of their way to spite the Ryoma fans.

24 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Lyn would look gorgeous in a yukuta.  Xander would be really disappointing, we'd be up to 4 of him. 

You complain about a fourth Xander, but not a sixth Lyn? If nothing else, can you at least be consistent with your alt hate boner?

Has Love Abounds been our only seasonal without any Fates/Awakening?  Weird that we would get one...  Did they think LA would be poorly received, so they better be safe the rest of the year?  Why go back to doing banners that have at least one and are often half Fates/Awakening?

Anyway...  I'm really hoping it's somehow not Ryoma.  Or that the banner at least includes two people from a non-Fates/Awakening game, since at least this would only be Ryoma's first seasonal...  The older games really need more seasonal love.