New Heroes Coming: August 10th (Festival in Hoshido)

Coolmanio

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I would whale for an all Male banner.

I'd be tempted to break my F2P status.

45 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Seconded this 

. . .this is spam, don't do it again.

Anyway, I'd have a good laugh if that was Oboro and Arthur, but something tells me we won't be that lucky.

I want the seasonals to spread the love and let older characters get their time to shine. However, I was expecting Awakening or Fates for an eventual yukata banner due to Hoshido and it having been used in both Awakening and Fates' DLC.

However...Ryouma and Xander? Again? Why? Why not go with the characters that wore yukata in the DLC? Where's Oboro? This is about the most boring thing they could've possibly gone for, just lik with a fourth Camilla and Takumi in the summer banner. Rather than having a few other characters catch up in seasonals, they keep using the bloody same.

I wonder who the other two will be. We might have another 50% Fateswakening 50% something else banner like the other summer seasonal banners this year. Minerva got a yukata in a cipher card which would be cool, but I doubt Archanea is getting a second (half) banner.

6 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I wonder who the other two will be. We might have another 50% Fateswakening 50% something else banner like the other summer seasonal banners this year. Minerva got a yukata in a cipher card which would be cool, but I doubt Archanea is getting a second (half) banner.

Going to guess either Severa and Owain due to not having seasonals yet and having worn yukata in the DLC, or Leo and Elise with Ryouma showing those crazy Nohrians how to enjoy a Hoshidan summer festival. Because who'd want Hoshidans to get to enjoy what's most likely going to be a Hoshidan festival am I right?

Hopefully Oboro, Ophelia or Nina can slip in but I doubt it. What are they in face of the omnipresent Fates siblings?

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Nope, it’s clearly Sumeragi. At least, that’s what IS would do if they wanted to go out of their way to spite the Ryoma fans.

You complain about a fourth Xander, but not a sixth Lyn? If nothing else, can you at least be consistent with your alt hate boner?

Other people aren't consistent with their hate boner, so why should I be?  That inconsistency was why I made such a big deal about Legendary Lucina.  Anyways I wasn't even saying Lyn should get a 6th version (though Robin has 6), just saying think she'd look great in a yukuta.  

My complaint about Xander wasn't about his character it is about the many Fates/Awakening characters we already have with 4+ versions, and several with 3.  So hey if we are having another character with that many alts, it should come from an older game.  Fates/Awakening completely dominate in representation of the game as a whole, and even more so in terms of seasonal banners.  So seeing a 4th version of yet another character from those games is stomach churning for me. 

1 hour ago, Venmi said:

Has Love Abounds been our only seasonal without any Fates/Awakening?  Weird that we would get one...  Did they think LA would be poorly received, so they better be safe the rest of the year?  Why go back to doing banners that have at least one and are often half Fates/Awakening?

Anyway...  I'm really hoping it's somehow not Ryoma.  Or that the banner at least includes two people from a non-Fates/Awakening game, since at least this would only be Ryoma's first seasonal...  The older games really need more seasonal love.

LA I think sold very well.  However it had Lyn, Hector, Roy, Lilina.  3 characters that are CYL winners, and 1 that probably ranks very high on lists.  See that is what it took for us to finally get a seasonal banner without Fates/Awakening on it.  

That looks like a feather in the teaser.  If Ryoma is riding a kinshi it's an easy pass for me.  Honestly I'm tired of fliers in general, as if I need my badass samurai riding a peacock.

Boo, looks like another terrible seasonal banner. Intelligent Systems as incompetent as ever, as far as I'm concerned.

I hope Minerva's one of the non-revealled silhouettes, it's the only thing that could potentially save another Ryoma and Xander banner.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

I'll go with it being Ryoma and Xander, though I'm kinda iffy on Xander, besides the hair, it doesn't really match him, idk?

I've been seeing Minerva being brought up a lot, and all I have to say is, YEEEEESSS.

Ugh I hate it when they do silhouettes, just show me who they are so I know if I have to save orbs for them or not :(

Also sad that it's probably Fates characters again, and another seasonal again. We seem to be getting seasonal banner every month now, next month we're getting another Performing banner I assume (which tbf I don't mind at all, I always want more dancer alts). I don't mind seasonals, but I do think we're getting way too many of them now.

I actually thought the guy on the right was Takumi at first, since it looks like it has the same ponytail elastic thing he wears:

sffdfdfd.png.95b5e5d56c88c57c9b9397799dbb1f55.png

Though the hair on top doesn't match at all I guess and it would be really too much to have another Takumi alt right after his summer alt. Might be they're just giving Ryoma a ponytail with the same thing in it then.

Kinda hoping it's Ryoma and Xander and no one else interesting so I can safely pass on this and save up for the CYL banner ^^;

Edited by Mau

The one on the left is most likely Ryoma unless it's some art style thing and it's Wrys or something. Regardless, if this is an all male banner (finally), it could be something interesting, especially since the notification is calling them "elegant". Too bad I just spent all my F2P orbs on the vantage banner.

Looks like some kind of summer festival banner. Kinda hoping it's not Xander on the right, because IS will probably make a legendary Xander just to balance the Hoshidan/Nohr representation for legendary banners. Why they couldn't make legendary Corrin instead of CYL Ryoma is beyond me. If anything, chicken Ryoma would have made more sense as an alt on a new heroes banner because of it's creative liberties

Funnily enough Lancina is more of an legendary hero than Bowcina because the Great Lord class wields lances

18 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I’m surprised no one noticed that huge bread Ryoma is wielding as a weapon. And considering Xander is wielding a frying pan, this seems to be a cooking banner.

Looks more to me like Ryouma is holding a pineapple skewer (poor Takumi) you can find at Japanese festivals. Xander is holding a uchiwa fan, another Japanese summer item.

30 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I’m surprised no one noticed that huge bread Ryoma is wielding as a weapon. And considering Xander is wielding a frying pan, this seems to be a cooking banner.

Despite the fact that I meant it purely in jest...

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't care what people are saying but both of them are Lucina that's definitely a baguette in the middle.

I'll guess the remaining two are Elise and Sakura. I don't expect more than half of the banner being guys, they haven't had a seasonal in a while and it'll be even more of the whole contrasting symmetry they're obsessed with in Fates. 

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

Looks more to me like Ryouma is holding a pineapple skewer (poor Takumi) you can find at Japanese festivals. Xander is holding a uchiwa fan, another Japanese summer item.

Look at the object above Ryoma and compare to this ?. Also look at the handleat Xander’s weapon and you see a little hole in it. It can’t be a uchiwa fan as they don’t have holes in their handles. And take a close look at how round is the object. It can’t be a fan because the lower part is also round.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Despite the fact that I meant it purely in jest...

Sorry, I didn’t noticed it. I admit I read the thread in a rush.

Xander and Ryoma, huh. That was my first thought, too, anyway. 

Well, Ryoma hasn't had a seasonal ever, while Xander hasn't had one for a while. I'd prefer a new guy over Xander because I'd honestly like to see his fourth one being a legendary and don't want to see him getting a fifth because people getting fifth alts is just getting way too ott with overusing the same characters, but I guess I'll resign myself to it now. 

Either way, I really hope those are two guys and we're getting at least two guys on the seasonal banner since frickin' February (can't remember when the last time two guys were on a normal banner but I think it was sooner than that, at least?). It's like they've decided to be nice to me on my birthday - since that's when the new banner drops :D 

If it is a Red Herring, I'm gonna be really annoyed now xD 

Well, I guessed Ryoma the moment I saw the image. Guess the consensus is him. Also, it would be hilarious if it turned out that was Xander on the right. With a staff.

Aside from that, won't pull unless the units interest me in gameplay terms. It's probably pure Fates as well, though they could be hiding the second game involved as well (Three Houses anyone?).