New Heroes Coming: August 10th (Festival in Hoshido)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

... They really need to stop naming things "Hoshidan ____" while giving us only one Hoshidan character.

I mean, it's literally just "we wanted to make people in Japanese clothes and Hoshidans are already in Japanese clothes, which makes them less interesting to do this with". It's literally no different than just calling it "Festival in Japan" except that Japan isn't an in-universe place.

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Hmmmmm I wasn’t aware. Should I spoiler it in that case or is it safe in the open?

I personally don't care because it's too much of a hassle to police things that are only going to be spoilers for an hour or so, but I can't speak for other people.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...what the actual hell was that dance, Xander?

I actually like it. It looks goofy; made me laugh too.

Not sure if we are suppose to put this in spoilers, but just in case.

Spoiler

MICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Well, now I need to pull on this banner.  Lets hope Dance Micaiah does not hate me as much as my other second fav's seasonal does, as my Bow Roy still does not exist after like, 700 orbs between the original run and legendary.

If there's no reds, pulling colorless for Xander, his dance and voiceclip are amazing and make him compete with SuXander for most hilarious alt.  Xander alts are pretty hilarious as a whole tbh.

I was going to post a lame joke about the new banner all being coloured daggers. Good thing I didn't because that would've been wrong.

Disappointed that they're all infantry. Oh well, at least we have the full array of mage dancers now, even if it does mean it won't be Tethys in the red slot. Will just be the single round for me, they're fine and all that, but it's super rare that I even use all five of my dancers in a given AA run, so it's just novelty. I'll be content to have them show up in a legendary banner sometime down the line instead.

Edited by Humanoid

Having two guys again is a nice change of pace.  And it is two daddy level guys, too.

I'm on mobile, so I guess I'll wait to be more specific, so I don't have to hassle with spoiler tags.

Aaaaaaaahhhh!

Spoiler

Goddamit. I was thinking on skipping this thing but seems that won't be the case. More dancers is always good and dancing Micaiah is just too good. TOO GOOD!

Elincia is nice too, I might pull for her because her weapon is really nice (notice that she's a colored dagger). 

Oh boy, so this banner is practically PA2 but now with a more concrete theme.

23 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You're not getting it. At all.

Lyn's weapon is not the issue. HER IDENTITY is.

The question is whether the trailer was released earlier to avoid spoiling HER IDENTITY as the next legendary hero due to datamine and NOT what weapon she was wielding.

My emoji expertise is lacking sorry.  However I think golden week, where people unload a ton of money on gacha games and luxuries was the main reason for early release.  Probably a big reason why they chose Lyn, the most popular female FE character as well. 

Spoiler

Colored daggers make their debut, with an age appropriate looking Elincia...nice.  Xander has close counter, which is a valuable skill.  Ryoma whatever.  However Miciah....red version of Thani tome with Steady stance instead of the damage reduction is the clear focus and prize here.  

In addition dancers are very valuable.  However I have all of them except Flying Olivia, so I don't really need these.  Miciah though, first red mage dancer and I'm sure being the focus her stat line will be awesome at least for a dancer.  Hey so our 4th Xander and 3rd Ryoma pretty lame, but at least we get Tellius representation which is good. . 

Spoiler

AHHHHHHH MICAIAH AND ELINCIA ARE GETTING ALTS AND I DON'T HAVE ORBS I'M FREAKING OUT THEY LOOK SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

On a calmer note Xander and Ryoma look great too and I want everyone for the first time since the RD banner.

Edited by Silver-Haired Maiden

The new version of that track's nice in this trailer.

Spoiler

DancXander is like Olivia, has a neat weapon with cavalry effectiveness and hardy bearing (FINALLY), CC, QR and Def Wave (So tanky as all hell). So he'd be nice to have, his first alt I'd give a damm about. Also I almost thought he was going to attack Elise. Well, you can't blame me.

Elincia, on the other hand is a green Shurikin. Sure, no Red bows and now there's coloured daggers. Has a weapon like Xander's but is effective against dragons, has Atk/Spd push and also dances. If her stats are great I just might try to pull.

Ryoma has a blue dagger that's effective against armours and also HB (if her had dragon effectiveness I would have dived for him), also dances and the other skills aren't that special.

Michiah also happens, with her getting a personal tome with HB, Atk +3 and armour and horse effectiveness. She also dances and has alright enough skillset.

We'll get stats when we do though. To be fair, it's all on if the stats are worthwhile if I try to pull. Otherwise, there's CYL2 coming and I might as well save for once. Loki's also on the last map for these paralogues. Of these, I think Elincia > Xander > Ryoma > Michiah as is, though stats may make me change my mind.

Intern-kun strikes again.

Spoiler

I actually really like it when these trailers get leaked early.

Gosh darn it, I want Micaiah. And colored daggers are interesting. I guess it was inevitable. I'm a little disappointed that this is probably our "Performing Arts" banner. Last year's was so good, and the character choices made more sense. Here, I feel like Ryoma kind of works. It's Hoshidan culture, and he's a prince who likely participates in festivals. Okay. I'll buy him as a dancer. Micaiah I would believe more as a singer... But I suppose I could let the dancer thing slide. Elincia and Xander just feel like random additions. 

But even though I have a really strong bias against Ryoma and Elincia, they both got really nice art. Elincia's art especially looks much nicer than her normal art. So I hope their fans are happy!

Spoiler

The clumsy intern strikes again. I'm surprised that Micaiah and Elincia are on the banner. There must be some Dragon gate shenanigans going on. But I'm not summon on the banner, the characters don;t interest me that much. Xander needs some dancing lessons.

Spoiler

Nice to see Tellius alts especially that both Micaiah and Elincia are among my favorites. Good thing I didn't spend my orbs for Vanilla Micaiah in the Distant Def banner.

It would have make more sense for Micaiah to have Sing instead of Dance but whatever.

Not sure what to think about the colored daggers. At least they can appear in the seasonal banners unlike the colored bows.

I expected a Fates Royal banner when I saw the silhouettes and to be disappointed so I am very happy about this.

Edited by Thunderstar

Spoiler

So... now colored daggers are a thing? And all four of them are able to dance? Not only that, Elincia's is a dragon slayer? What? Literally what?

On the bright side, Ryoma finally isn't wearing that mask of his, and Radiant characters are showing up this time. But still.... Hoshido. Where are the Hoshidans?! Xander being there is like New Years all over again, , only this time, plus Tellius. Oboro, or even Orochi would have been perfect for this, but oh well...

Spoiler

Oh my friggin' god. RIP my wallet. RIP my paycheck. Micaiah wearing a yukata is like a friggin' dream come true. Also thank goodness each character is their own color, so I can safely snipe for her. Elincia looks gorgeous as well, but if it wasn't for the fact Miccy is there, I would pull for her, but that ain't happening until I get me my Miccy.

Edited by Jave

Spoiler

Looking again, now I have even less motivation to bother pulling from this banner.

Being Infantry Ranged Dancers isn't a problem, but being Dancers is. I don't need anymore dancers than I already have. Right now, excluding these new units at least, I'm only missing two Dancers: Lene and PA!Olivia. I only need 6 Dancers total for Arena Assault purposes, and I'm already not using my Ninian anymore (that's normal Ninian, BB!Ninian is still a precious unit I use as often as possible). Not even mentioning the fact three of my dancers can freaking fly.

Being Daggers hurts to. Even if they're colored, Daggers are still quite weak, giving them effectiveness against certain units can only do so much. Maybe there's merit to having a colored Poison Dagger or Kitty Paddle, but if there is then I ain't seeing it.

...so since these new daggers have effective damage, 12 might, probably forgable, and trigger the Dagger Debuffs on all units regardless of who is attacked, does that mean we'll finally be able to forge Poison Dagger and Kitty Paddle to not only have equal might, but also trigger Dagger debuffs on all units, not just who they're effective on?

Edited by Xenomata

Spoiler

I just burned all my orbs for Micaiah on the DD banner. I also used some orbs to get Nino and Lucina so I'm all out of orbs. I got played by IS. I should have known this was their strategy since I predicted that IS would go for a Micaiah legendary alt after burning Micaiah fans orbs on the distant def banner. 

Spoiler

Well, good thing I didn't splurge on trying to get M!Grima. This banner looks fun and I like it all right. I'm really eyeing those inheritable daggers. Especially Elincia's.

Oh my Saizou hungers for a new weapon.

Also, I may not have your base version, and I may not have your legendary form, but GDI Ryoma, I will have YOU DANCING FOR ME!

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Can someone be a friend and give me a text summary of the skills and weapons of each character? My internet is being super slow and won't load the video.

Will an image do?

Lf2Oy9b_KRAwsRBT2O0XnMNzrNiCzyl7rHFS42uv

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:
  Hide contents

The symbol for Triangle adept 3 on ryoma is the symbol for cancel affinity

I noticed that.  I wonder what the threshold for compensation Orbs is.