New Heroes Coming: August 10th (Festival in Hoshido)

Coolmanio

20 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Huh. I've never heard of the term "estival" before. I had no idea it was a word.

It also looks a lot like a typo of "festival".

There is a video game with Estival in its title- Senran Kagura: Estival Versus. But given it is title partly in Japanese, by a Japanese company, and a beat 'em up which finds its gameplay overshadowed by its... other things, I would understand how one could think that was a made up word.

I didn't even think it was until pointed out here.

19 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

however it seems they don't want to do that with Ike.  Would Ike fans not receive that kind of thing well?  

Ike is pretty straight-laced, if not totally against fun, he has his moments where he is relaxed and sort of casual, namely his PoR Ranulf and Reyson supports I think. Xander, if straight-laced, comes from Afatening, where the series arguably became a bit more unrestrained in goofiness.

Sooner or later, Ike will get a Seasonal. How he'll act, who knows?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Dancers are cancer.

Micaiah in a kimono or however the fuck you call this thing is cute, though.

Also coloured daggers. Idiotic.

The kind of cancer you still can't evade even in higher arena scores that is supposedly out of Blyn/Reinhardt range, sadly

Elincia really is gorgeous there, I like her like that, but ngl I'm most interested in Micaiah and after that I just need bow dancer to complete my list of possible valor skills carrier dancers.

Man, that video was orgasmic. Was hoping to pass until the CYL banner. But Xander, ughh. Elincia, ughhhhhh. Michaiah, ughhhhhhhhhhh. My balls, I mean orbs, are all about to be spent. Hopefully I don't get Ryoma though. Don't care about him.

Ok this banner looks good and appears to be PA part 2 though if they do another all dancer banner next month I won't complain.  Too bad they are all infantry I was hoping for some other movement types since I have only infantry dancers right now.  I do want the guys thank Naga TT is next week so I can have more orbs to try for them.  So much for skipping this banner.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Dancers are cancer.

And as a "bonus", they're probably going to be bonus units right when the equally cancerous Arena changes are implemented unless if the Ylissean Travelers set gets a third week. We got a lot of pain and misery to look forward to.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

And as a "bonus", they're probably going to be bonus units right when the equally cancerous Arena changes are implemented unless if the Ylissean Travelers set gets a third week. We got a lot of pain and misery to look forward to.

I hated the Performing Arts seasons.

Honestly, I would have LOVED to see Lyn in a yukata. She'd be gorgeous. I'd accept the salt if we got that. But ANYWAY!

Elincia is tempting since I like her character a lot. Xander is also extremely tempting, and I think I actually will pull for him; I've been needing some Close Counter fodder and this is a good opportunity. Otherwise, though, I'm not too concerned with anyone on the banner.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I hated the Performing Arts seasons.

And sadly, we're going to be forced to enter that ring of Hell again. And God, do I hate dealing with dancers (with a special "fuck you" to the flying ones) too.

...Damn, I didn't see that coming. Props to literally everyone calling Ryoma and Xander, but Elincia and Micaiah were a nice surprise and given my luck pulling their originals, I fully expect to get a combined 0 of them here too.

Spoiler

Gotta try for Xander and Micaiah: Xander because Close Counter guarantees I'll be able to get something out of him, Micaiah because I want a Micaiah. Elincia seems cool too, so when if I can't get Colorless/Red Orbs, then Green seems like the logical fallback. Ryoma doesn't have anything that interests me, but he wouldn't be too bad either. Really, I just hope I get someone, because everyone on this banner looks good.

Now, I only have one question left: Will we be getting a rerun of the original Performing Arts banner during this one?

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Now, I only have one question left: Will we be getting a rerun of the original Performing Arts banner during this one?

I'd imagine that it'll get re-run sometime soon since this is essentially a sequel to that banner but with a different theme.

I was slowly losing interest in heroes, but a micaiah alt is a surefire way of pulling me back into the game. Glad to see some more tellius love, and I’m very interested in  seeing how colored dagger units fare in the current meta.

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they did; the Performing Arts banner caused the Trick or Defeat! banner to run throughout November when Halloween hype was well over. Players probably complained about the poor timing.

Would really love to expand my dancer collection but I'm low on orbs right now due to spending loads on the Legendary Heroes banner. Would really love to get Elincia and Micaiah but wouldn't mind Xander and Ryoma.

Spoilers are no longer needed. The videos are now public. (And have been for half an hour.)

Elincia has the best art of the bunch, which means I'm definitely pulling for a few copies of her. Ryoma is second in that department, and I wouldn't mind a few copies of him, either.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Hide contents

Lord I hope so because I need Azura, Inigo, and Olivia

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Dancers are cancer.

Micaiah in a kimono or however the fuck you call this thing is cute, though.

Also coloured daggers. Idiotic.

Achtually, the garment of clothing you're referring to is called a yukata, which while similar in design to the traditional kimono, is made of lighter cloth to be worn more comfortably in summer, notably at Japanese festivals.

*Adjusts weeb glasses*

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Achtually, the garment of clothing you're referring to is called a yukata, which while similar in design to the traditional kimono, is made of lighter cloth to be worn more comfortably in summer, notably at Japanese festivals.

*Adjusts weeb glasses*

In English, all yukata are kimonos. This is also true in Japanese.