New Heroes Coming: August 10th (Festival in Hoshido)

Coolmanio

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And balance has been brought to the gender force. It's cool that they're making new dagger weapons, but colorizing daggers as well. What is wrong with you IS. Micaiah and Elincia are cute, but I'll wait and see what CYL has to offer. If nothing that'll intrest me I'll try hard for Elincia

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I asked before, but do you think this means we can expect Poison Dagger and Kitty Paddle to receive refinery upgrades finally?

I really hope so. My Halloween Sakura wants to be used, but I don't want to give her a different dagger and Kitty+ kinda sucks whenever I need her to do anything to a non-mage, so she just sorta sits awkwardly in my barracks waiting to be given a good weapon (dunno which one, either... maybe Barb Shuriken+?) or a refinement for Kitty Paddle+.

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

welp Jakob just became viable as a mixed phase dragon killer

How does Elincia's weapon do this (that is what you're referring to, yeah?)? I'm honestly curious on this one.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I really hope so. My Halloween Sakura wants to be used, but I don't want to give her a different dagger and Kitty+ kinda sucks whenever I need her to do anything to a non-mage, so she just sorta sits awkwardly in my barracks waiting to be given a good weapon (dunno which one, either... maybe Barb Shuriken+?) or a refinement for Kitty Paddle+.

How does Elincia's weapon do this (that is what you're referring to, yeah?)? I'm honestly curious on this one.

he has mixed bulk and fairly evened out res def, so the dragon breaths refine wont affect him too much. Meaning he can take a hit with close counter and retaliate. and if the dragon still lives they are dead next round even with vantage because built in HB

and my saizo will get a new weapon to deal better with armorers!

5 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

0/10 no thigh teases. Are Tellius ladies that shy?

Micaiah is married to her former "son"/"little brother" -> "brother". Her thighs are for his eyes only.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Spoilers are no longer needed. The videos are now public. (And have been for half an hour.)

Then can I just ask you one thing? Not that it affects me at all, I'm just curious. In your much valued gameplay opinion, if Colored Bows are generally worse than Colorless Bows as some have argued, then does the same hold true for Colored Daggers vs. Colorless Daggers?

Having used Polivia, I can tell you being a dagger dancer is pretty bad, although having a color might improve that. Dancer BST is not going to help you when going after high defense armors and dragons, and then you have to contend with Fighter skills, DC and adaptive damage, for Armors and Dragons respectively. Kagero and Sothe might use these weapons better.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

he has mixed bulk and fairly evened out res def, so the dragon breaths refine wont affect him too much. Meaning he can take a hit with close counter and retaliate. and if the dragon still lives they are dead next round even with vantage because built in HB

That makes sense. Thanks for sharing! I completely forgot about Hardy Bearing being on all of these weapons. I suppose you'd be going with a SPD-refinement on Elincia's dagger to avoid having Jakob get doubled?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Micaiah is married to her former "son"/"little brother" -> "brother". Her thighs are for his eyes only.

Then can I just ask you one thing? Not that it affects me at all, I'm just curious. In your much valued gameplay opinion, if Colored Bows are generally worse than Colorless Bows as some have argued, then does the same hold true for Colored Daggers vs. Colorless Daggers?

no because colorless daggers lck brave and firesweep weapons. in this case the color could be beneficial if you want a dagger unit to check one color. But who runs daggers anyway! bit in return you give up the ability of freely dealing with any color. It really depend here on the team composition.

13 minutes ago, Hilda said:

and my saizo will get a new weapon to deal better with armorers!

I'd prefer Sothe or Kagero for the job.

Having a much better shot at a one-hit kill is better than aiming to tank a hit, especially because Sothe actually has the bulk to tank a hit (barely). Sothe has 7 more Atk than Jakob at base, which comes out to at least 10 more damage. That's the equivalent of giving Jakob a Wo Dao dragon-effective dagger that activates its effect even on normal attacks.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Daggers have the problem of being frail without good means of avoiding damage (by either straight-up killing the opponent with Brave Bow or preventing counterattacks with Firesweep Bow). I think being colored actually helps the new daggers out relative to the colorless daggers by giving them safer targets to attack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Honestly, I'm just happy that this is more or less Performing Arts 2 so we're not getting screwed a new hero banner.

I had been afraid that this banner would be something new with Performing Arts 2 coming later, but I'm guessing that's not the case, and I'm glad.

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

That makes sense. Thanks for sharing! I completely forgot about Hardy Bearing being on all of these weapons. I suppose you'd be going with a SPD-refinement on Elincia's dagger to avoid having Jakob get doubled?

i would run him with: Close counter and watersweep. glimmer. i think. phantom speed seal and a unit that can hone speed him give him spd buffs. that way he can safely initiate on dragons and finish them on enemy phase. if you want. there is different builds i have in mind actually.

But reminder he would strictly be a dragon killer and not much more.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

i would run him with: Close counter and watersweep. glimmer. i think. phantom speed seal and a unit that can hone speed him give him spd buffs. that way he can safely initiate on dragons and finish them on enemy phase. if you want. there is different builds i have in mind actually.

But reminder he would strictly be a dragon killer and not much more.

No point bothering with expensive skills and two-round kills when you can just use Death Blow for +9 damage on initiation and kill in a single hit.

@ILikeKirbys

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd prefer Sothe or Kagero for the job.

Having a much better shot at a one-hit kill is better than aiming to tank a hit, especially because Sothe actually has the bulk to tank a hit (barely). Sothe has 7 more Atk than Jakob at base, which comes out to at least 10 more damage. That's the equivalent of giving Jakob a Wo Dao dragon-effective dagger that activates its effect even on normal attacks.

Daggers have the problem of being frail without good means of avoiding damage (by either straight-up killing the opponent with Brave Bow or preventing counterattacks with Firesweep Bow). I think being colored actually helps the new daggers out relative to the colorless daggers by giving them safer targets to attack.

while i agree on kagero and sothe it would only kill one dragon and for the others they are spent unless you run a healer. they might even die to some dragons. sepecially when facing m. grima.

and desperation isnt sn option due to built in HB canceling it out

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

while i agree on kagero and sothe it would only kill one dragon and for the others they are spent unless you run a healer. they might even die to some dragons. sepecially when facing m. grima.

+0 Sothe [+Atk] (Cloud Maiougi+ [Atk], Death Blow 3, Attack +3) has 91 effective Atk against dragons without buffs. Standard +10 Grima [+Atk] (Expiration, Steady Breath) has 95 physical bulk without buffs.

Giving Sothe a Hone Atk 3 buff and +10 merge boosts his effective Atk to 103.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No point bothering with expensive skills and two-round kills when you can just use Death Blow for +9 damage on initiation and kill in a single hit.

@ILikeKirbys

i disagree. it really depends on how you want to handle all the match ups. in the worst case scenario they might face a dragon they cant initiate on and then they are f*****, because deathblow means no close counter. and jakob keeps the option open to deal with all dragons for the trade off of doing it in 2 rounds.

Needless to say a watersweep Jakob built would be oppressiv in a defense team against people who use alot of dragons

i guess its a matter if preferences but my windsweep saizo has secured me alot of def wins (due to the coupling with gunnthra) and can deal with almost all physical threats

Did Xander take dancing lessons from Laslow? Anyway, I kinda want Ryoma because he looks so different from his regular armored self, but I could really use a Green Dancer, so Elincia will be my priority.... That is, if I have any orbs from summoning M!Grima. I've spent 50 orbs already, and I 'm barley above 10.

Colored Daggers....

COLORED DAGGERS?!?!?!?!?

AND THEY DANCE?!

MIND = BLOWN

And I don't have a single orb. I was really hoping I wouldn't care about these units. Darn it... seriously. No red dagger though I notice. I wonder who that'll end up being.

Okay, I have goven up on a focus banner dedicated fully to Hoshido, but they really could take care with naming their banners better. I know it's just meant as an indication of the cultural theme, but releasing this a year after their much hyped Nohrian Summer banner, which described the units in it, does feel iinconsiderate. It's the contrast that sets me off. Again, Nohr got full banners for themselves, yet there has never been a single seasonal banner with more than one Hoshidan unit on it. (or normal banner, unless you count skill ones) Even with their new trend of splitting banners between series (which I am perfectly fine with), they still felt the need to put a Nohrian there. Hoshidans can't carry Fates representation on their own it seems. Guess Intsys is doing a free service by keeping Hoshidan fans from vanity. (yes I know: money money money. Let me be bitter for one post)

Now that I got this out of my system: 

They really hit me with a bunch of faves here. Ryouma is mostly by association with his siblings, but I do enjoy the lobster guy. His skills aren't that amazing, but I wonder if his stats will make him work as an armour killer?

Elincia is beautiful, and does seem more of a support dancer. Also side note: despite the daggers being coloured, they are all inheritable. Does that mean you can inherit the coloured ones to colourless daggers too? I guess we'll see.

Micaiah is also beautiful and I want her. (her eyes don't bother me like in her normal version either) She is an infantry red tome however, which I have many off. Just like red dancers. Fff but I want her anyway. :/ 

I only care for Xander because of his dagger. And being guilt free close counter fodder.

The thing is though. It's only a matter of time before they release a Kinshi!Sakura. The question is when, and I want to be prepared. Also Sakunyan has her last scheduled rerun in November. I really shouldn't pull here, but they just had to hit here with Ryouma and Micaiah. ugh

Edited by Nanima

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Also side note: despite the daggers being coloured, they are all inheritable. Does that mean you can inherit the coloured ones to colourless daggers too? I guess we'll see.

Yes. Bows and breaths already allow you to do this.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes. Bows and breaths already allow you to do this.

That's neat. This might be helpful for daggers on the whole. Though it kinda sucks that these are all seasonal. At least they are hopefully keeping brave and firesweep daggers for the normal pool.