New Heroes Coming: August 10th (Festival in Hoshido)

Coolmanio

25 minutes ago, Florete said:

Elincia and Micaiah. With Dance. CYL2 coming up.

Fucking 33 orbs. Fucking 2 Azuras and 2 Ishtars and no legendary Lucina.

OMG. I thought I was the only one. I have freaking 4 orbs. 1 Azura. 2 Ishtars. And a freaking Camilla (at 9% because there were no blue's to snipe). But L!Lucina?! No dice. And I was trying to get Flier!Olivia and then they just had to release colored daggers and Micaiah?! I can't do another red. No Flier!Olivia but like 5 OTHER red pitybreakers, red is dead to me (until the banner comes out and I try for a whole month).

IS is really killing it. I used to be able to save 100-200 orbs between banners I actually cared about and it's just one after another.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Estival is a word and was used in the correct context. Let that sink in

It means pertaining to summer (I just checked). Interesting!
They still missed the chance to make Est a truly Estival Dancer.

13 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Okay, I have goven up on a focus banner dedicated fully to Hoshido, but they really could take care with naming their banners better. I know it's just meant as an indication of the cultural theme, but releasing this a year after their much hyped Nohrian Summer banner, which described the units in it, does feel iinconsiderate. It's the contrast that sets me off. Again, Nohr got full banners for themselves, yet there has never been a single seasonal banner with more than one Hoshidan unit on it. (or normal banner, unless you count skill ones) Even with their new trend of splitting banners between series (which I am perfectly fine with), they still felt the need to put a Nohrian there. Hoshidans can't carry Fates representation on their own it seems. Guess Intsys is doing a free service by keeping Hoshidan fans from vanity. (yes I know: money money money. Let me be bitter for one post)

I feel the same, and I voiced my complaints earlier in this thread. Although I don't think it was IS's intentions to make Hoshidan fans feel salty, it really does feel like a slap in the face that anything with the "Hoshidan ____" name has only one Hoshidan and an obligatory Nohrian on it. And Halloween Sakura was also accompanied by a Nohrian.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just noticed Micaiah has Atk/Res Bond. Whoever decided on these skill sets can go fuck themselves.

Lol. We'll never get that skill. Swift strike took almost a year to be introduced into the normal summoning pool

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Lol. We'll never get that skill. Swift strike took almost a year to be introduced into the normal summoning pool

This is the fourth character to have gotten the skill and EVERY BLOODY ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN SEASONAL.

I just want one for my Innes.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is the fourth character to have gotten the skill and EVERY BLOODY ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN SEASONAL.

Fourth? Who's the third one? By my memory, I count Halloween Nowi, New Year's Takumi, and this Micaiah. Who's the one I'm missing?

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Fourth? Who's the third one? By my memory, I count Halloween Nowi, New Year's Takumi, and this Micaiah. Who's the one I'm missing?

Bridal Sanaki? (I am also hunting for the skill for my innes and she is very foderable)

Edited by Mackc2

Just now, Mackc2 said:

Bridal Sanaki?

I even have Bridal Sanaki. How the fuck did I forget her.

Actually, I can probably answer that.

It's not like there's been another Nohrian-exclusive banner since that first one either. If IS saw that as a mistake and has intentionally adjusted to make all future Fates banners representative of both sides, then that's a good thing. No need to "correct" a bad decision by following it up with another bad one. That'd just end up with each Fates banner becoming two Fates banners and cramping all the other games even more.

(Watch as they release a Winter Nohr banner with no Hoshidans to make me eat my words)

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I even have Bridal Sanaki. How the fuck did I forget her.

Actually, I can probably answer that.

Admittedly, I didn’t immediately remember that she has it either and I also have her.

18 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

We’re still waiting on Bracing Blow to get into the normal pool too but I don’t think anyone cares about that one anyways so eh.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's not like there's been another Nohrian-exclusive banner since that first one either. If IS saw that as a mistake and has intentionally adjusted to make all future Fates banners representative of both sides, then that's a good thing. No need to "correct" a bad decision by following it up with another bad one. That'd just end up with each Fates banner becoming two Fates banners and cramping all the other games even more.

(Watch as they release a Winter Nohr banner with no Hoshidans to make me eat my words)

I don't think this is them "fixing" a mistake. The Nohrian siblings have always been more popular and more promoted by IS than their Hoshidan counterparts. The Nohrians even got a spin off manga, not to mention Xander being the only non OC besides Anna to be in the FEH story.

I don't think it's too much to ask that the Hoshidans get a full banner to themselves, especially when it's a Hoshidan themed event. 1/4 characters for both Hoshido events is sad.

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I don't think this is them "fixing" a mistake. The Nohrian siblings have always been more popular and more promoted by IS than their Hoshidan counterparts. The Nohrians even got a spin off manga, not to mention Xander being the only non OC besides Anna to be in the FEH story.

I don't think it's too much to ask that the Hoshidans get a full banner to themselves, especially when it's a Hoshidan themed event. 1/4 characters for both Hoshido events is sad.

We've now got seasonal banners representing 2-3 games at a time. Going back to representing half a game seems like a retrograde step. Yes, what happened over a year ago might be perceived as an injustice, but I'd rather not compromise the banners we have now just to supposedly "correct" that injustice.

Now that I watched the video again, I noticed FIH!Ryoma got Triangle Adept in his A slot, but the skill icon shows Cancel Affinity?

Does that mean we will get compensation Orbs?

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

We've now got seasonal banners representing 2-3 games at a time. Going back to representing half a game seems like a retrograde step. Yes, what happened over a year ago might be perceived as an injustice, but I'd rather not compromise the banners we have now just to supposedly "correct" that injustice.

That's fair, but even if you wanted to keep the banner 50% Fates, they could have done 2 Hoshidans instead of 1 + one Nohrian. Xander already had two alts and they could have included Sakura or a Oboro.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Now that I watched the video again, I noticed FIH!Ryoma got Triangle Adept in his A slot, but the skill icon shows Cancel Affinity?

They also called Elincia the Estival Princess. They rushed the trailer this time, methinks.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

That's fair, but even if you wanted to keep the banner 50% Fates, they could have done 2 Hoshidans instead of 1 + one Nohrian. Xander already had two alts and they could have included Sakura or a Oboro.

Yeah I'd be satisfied with that. Except that it should be Hinoka, who still lacks a seasonal of any description.

And the next time IS has the urge to put Xander on a seasonal banner, they should put Camus in instead.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

They posted a correction tweet about 15 minutes after the video was posted.

9 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

They also called Elincia the Estival Princess. They rushed the trailer this time, methinks.

"Estival" is an adjective meaning "summery".

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I feel the same, and I voiced my complaints earlier in this thread. Although I don't think it was IS's intentions to make Hoshidan fans feel salty, it really does feel like a slap in the face that anything with the "Hoshidan ____" name has only one Hoshidan and an obligatory Nohrian on it. And Halloween Sakura was also accompanied by a Nohrian.

Some people have headcanoned that the Hoshidans are being nice and just inviting the Nohrians to their festivals. Personally, I imagine the Nohrians as annoying western tourists who insist on tagging along to all the "native" festivals only to hog whole beaches for themselves by placing their towels everywhere.

At least Camilla was nice enough to let Takumi come and play.

Edited by Nanima