New Heroes Coming: August 10th (Festival in Hoshido)

Coolmanio

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is summer but I wonder if it also counts as an earlier PA banner? Since Halloween was late last year maybe they want to move Halloween earlier.

I guess we'll know if they rerun the PA banner earlier within the month.

As for the units themselves, while I like gender balance again, I'm neutral on Ryoma and yet another Xander (even if he has nice skills and has a hilarious dance).

I like Elincia's art and dragon-killing is nice (even if I have a Naga user, extra effective weapons are nice). Micaiah would also be nice since I still lack her normal version and the double-effective weapon would be really useful, especially against the mainly green meta-defining armours.

Might go red = green > colourless > blue.

...well, when I have orbs at least.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Looks like I'm going in for Micaiah, because my only red dancer is Olivia.  Though any of them would amuse me.

Considering Olivia is the ONLY red dancing unit (twice), it's nice that they brought a red tome dancer. Though with the introduction of colored daggers, I was expecting either her or Xander to have a red dagger.

Also...WHY couldn't they have given the Dragon-slaying dagger to blue instead of giving green a third option? Blue still doesn't have a dragon-effective weapon. ?

16 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Considering Olivia is the ONLY red dancing unit (twice), it's nice that they brought a red tome dancer. Though with the introduction of colored daggers, I was expecting either her or Xander to have a red dagger.

Also...WHY couldn't they have given the Dragon-slaying dagger to blue instead of giving green a third option? Blue still doesn't have a dragon-effective weapon. ?

There's also this green-haired girl that was released alongside Ares and stuff

This is a interesting banner, and I am happy this is a 1 month banner, so I will probably wait until late August to decide if I will pull or not.
Xander will probably have high Atk and Def but poor Spd and Res. Elincia looks great! I am not a huge fan of Push skills. The perfect weapons for this type of skills are the 2017's spring weapons. I would prefer Fire Storm Dance too. Ryoma with a blue dagger strong against armored foes, TA 3 and Chill Def will be the bane of red armored units. Micaiah looks amazing too, and her skill set is great too. She is all about RES.
My priority will be Elincia and Ryoma, because the new weapon type, but all four are really good units. But I will wait until late August... CYL is coming...

Also... can we expect colored staff unit someday? A colored staff unit would be perfect as Legendary Hero, since we will not see a colorless Legendary Hero so soon, if not never...

This is one of those banners where I'd like to have everyone on it, but I don't need anybody. I have no orbs right now, so I should probably just skip and save for something else. They all look pretty interesting, especially Ryoma and Elincia as colored daggers. No super exiting skills though, and they all have good but not outstanding art to me. If I do pull I might actually do full sessions instead of snipe and just take whichever one I can get first. I'll say it would be nice to get Xander to complete my Xander emblem, though.

I'm not really saving for CYL like most are, so my options are still open if I'll summon or not.

Edited by Alkaid

I wonder if bow dancer will ever be a thing. That would be the last dancer I need to complete my possible valor skill bearers , but both PA banners have mostly either daggers or tomes. 

Also, finally finished all GHB quests and my orbs is ready for this new banner

Oh...  the Ryoma/Xander alts are fine.  Would have been nice to get some older game guys too, but if that's what it took to get Elincia and Micaiah, that's fine.  There's something for both Fates and Tellius people here, and that doesn't happen often.  Enjoy, fans of Ryoma and Xander!

I'm so happy right now.  I haven't had characters I really wanted to pull for months, so even though I have very few orbs at the moment (spent them all on regular Micaiah merges), I will spend to get Elincia and Micaiah.  IS deserves to be rewarded for this, and I'll send happy feedback.  I was so worried after the Sanaki debacle that Tellius wouldn't get any more seasonals.

They're dressed tastefully!  The dresses actually look nice!  And it's unlikely either of them will flirt with me in their conversations (which would be entirely out of character for either of them, but I wouldn't put it past IS), so that's also great.  I'm one happy girl this morning :)

Edited by Venmi

22 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

This is one of those banners where I'd like to have everyone on it, but I don't need anybody...

Yeah... Actually, this is starting to happen with me. After 1 and a half year, and almost 300 units in the game,  new units are not too "needed" for me. I mean... A new cavalry bow user? Cool! But I already have Brave Lyn and LA!Roy. A new flying blue tome unit? Cool! But I already have Summer Corrin and Bride Ninian. A new armored axe user? Cool, but I have all 3 Hectors, Amelia and Sheena. I will probably get them someday, but I am not sure I will use them, since I already have my Infantry, Cavalry, Armored and Flying teams the way I want. Some times I swap a old unit for a new one, of course (I changed my NY Camilla for Summer Young Tiki last month), but it is rare to happen.

Last year I used all my orbs to try to get PA!Olivia, and I got her. Do I use her? Nope.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I’m actually quite surprised that Xander got an alt. Not because he’s Nohrian on a Hoshido banner, but rather because he fell a lot in popularity. He’s arguably the least popular Nohrian, and Ryoma is now beating him in popularity most likely to being a great unit in Heroes and being in the regular summoning pool.

Solid art, glad to finally have another even gender split, and three characters who very much deserve seasonals. Another Xander is a bit silly but whatever, it's been a while and this is a plenty novel take on him.

I have all the characters already, but more dancers are always nice. Might pull for Micaiah at some point. Xander has my favorite art, but I don't really want to pull colorless.

This feels like a bit of a replacement for both PA and New Year's. Those both seemed like the most tenuous, but Halloween is a ways away. Wonder if they've got a new kind of September seasonal banner planned.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

They posted a correction tweet about 15 minutes after the video was posted.

The tweet did not mention compensation Orbs. Oh well.

i am only pulling for the daggers, because my saizo, kagero and olivia could use some variety!

Saizo will be madness in High tier arena with thise daggers and windsweep (or water, he has both available).

Now all we need is exclusiv dagger skills with dual smoke effects that also hit the target, or an exclusiv B slot sweep that works different then water and wind

Cant wait :X

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Solid art, glad to finally have another even gender split, and three characters who very much deserve seasonals. Another Xander is a bit silly but whatever, it's been a while and this is a plenty novel take on him.

I have all the characters already, but more dancers are always nice. Might pull for Micaiah at some point. Xander has my favorite art, but I don't really want to pull colorless.

This feels like a bit of a replacement for both PA and New Year's. Those both seemed like the most tenuous, but Halloween is a ways away. Wonder if they've got a new kind of September seasonal banner planned.

We get a new banner every 2 weeks. The next banner will happen in the last week of August. 2017's Brave Heroes banner started on August 31st, so maybe CYL 2 will be the next banner

The PA banner happened when everyone was expecting a Halloween banner. I believe September will have CYL, like last month (hoping for a 1 month banner this time). Maybe the Halloween Banner will happen early this year, starting early or mid October, with a new heroes banner, with a story chapter, happening in Mid September.

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Now all we need is exclusiv dagger skills with dual smoke effects that also hit the target, or an exclusiv B slot sweep that works different then water and wind

Dual smoke skills is a great idea: "Atk/Spd Smoke 2: Inflicts Atk/Spd -5 on foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions after combat."

What about a dual sweep skill, being a combination of Wind and Water Sweep? "If unit initiates combat, unit cannot make a follow-up attack. If unit's Spd ≥ foe's Spd+3, foe cannot counterattack."

Honestly, for the Brave Heroes, I hope IS introduces "Chill Panic": "At start of turn, converts bonuses on foes into penalties  on the enemy team with the highest total bonuses through its next action.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Also...WHY couldn't they have given the Dragon-slaying dagger to blue instead of giving green a third option? Blue still doesn't have a dragon-effective weapon.

Cloud Maiougi is inheritable. If you give it to Ryoma, you can have a blue dragon-effective unit.

56 minutes ago, XRay said:

The tweet did not mention compensation Orbs. Oh well.

Of course it didn't. There's nothing about this that warrants compensation of any sort.

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Of course it didn't. There's nothing about this that warrants compensation of any sort.

It does not hurt to hope.