New Heroes Coming: August 10th (Festival in Hoshido)

Coolmanio

Spoiler

Ah shoot! Here I was saving orbs to get Takumi from the dailies but Xander is actually nicely min-maxed and I want to pull for him now. Well he has CC too so if I end up with an extra one I guess it doesn’t matter either way.

Ryoma is looking good too. I like that he’s versatile. Shame about Elincia stats though. I figured I’d pull for her too but she’s not really doing anything that Inigo can’t do better. At least her art is a vast improvement from that weird loli version of hers and her weapon is neat.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

And what’s with Heroes and making Red mages Res tanks? Leo, Summer Leo, Arvis, Julius, Canas, Sanaki, Winter Tharja for example.

dark mages are traditionally slow (at least for enemy units), which red falls into. idk about Julius and Arvis but the others don't have that much of a speed growth to write home about except Tharja, but being an armoured unit it makes sense to be slow (despite the..um..."armour" she's wearing). Lilina had a pretty bad speed growth too. that said IS hasn't been the most accurate about statlines for characters...Karla 

8 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

At least her art is a vast improvement from that weird loli version of hers and her weapon is neat.

oh yeah! that was the thing i forgot to mention. i really love that her art this time actually looks accurate to the game, much more mature than her vanilla FEH art. i don't even dislike the art - it's cute, but it doesn't look like Elincia to me.

Edited by wizzard of soz

42 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Keeping him away from mages is kind of a must. Saying he has poor performance aganst -raven mages is kind of like saying Grima has poor performance against Falchion users. Xander's not going to do any game breaking, but with the limited BST ranged dancers have to begin with, making SPD and RES his dump stats was probably a good call to at least set him apart from the others. Trying to balance out his RES or SPD probably would have made him a little too similar to Ryoma... 

Maybe a better comparison would be fighting agaisnt O!Tiki's Breath (Grima is absolutely destroyed for that), but is unlikely to find them unless you're in high merges.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:29 PM, Lewyn said:

Green bows/colored bows I believe were already implemented in a previous update.  The big reason for Lyn trailer dropping early was to come before golden week started, it is gacha paradise as far as money making is concerned.  Last year we got that incredible, perhaps best banner considering when it dropped, herofest.  Ryoma, Azura, Hector, Takumi.  The strongest unit of each color at the time, 2 of which also serve as incredibly valuable rare fodder.  

@Midnox Well Three houses is coming out, and people really seem to be into the Muspell sisters, so I don't think Camilla is a shoe in at all for CYL3.  I think the women will likely be Laegjarn and Loki or maybe someone from Three houses (which won't be released yet but we will know much more about it including the cast).  

Well, it's possible a Three Houses lady gets the spot, as did Celica (she's way older, but Echoes expanded her character greatly). But I have little faith Camilla won't win a spot for legendary heroes if the previous CYL are anything to go by. She has always been pretty high on the votes, and she only lost in the first because Lyn and Lucina are....... LYN AND LUCINA XD, and this year's she was close to win, but Veronica took her spot at the last minute. In contrast of the Muspell sisters, they didn't get top 10 in the votes. Loki has far more chances to win, but I doubt Camilla will be left out of next year's CYL :dry: 

35 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Well, it's possible a Three Houses lady gets the spot, as did Celica (she's way older, but Echoes expanded her character greatly). But I have little faith Camilla won't win a spot for legendary heroes if the previous CYL are anything to go by. She has always been pretty high on the votes, and she only lost in the first because Lyn and Lucina are....... LYN AND LUCINA XD, and this year's she was close to win, but Veronica took her spot at the last minute. In contrast of the Muspell sisters, they didn't get top 10 in the votes. Loki has far more chances to win, but I doubt Camilla will be left out of next year's CYL :dry: 

Well; that was a contest in Pre-Laegjarm time where Laev's appeal was pretty much only her design and Blade Sword.

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Any notable super boons/banes for the characters? Not that I’m planning on summoning, but I’m somewhat curious.

Shamelessly stolen from the subreddit:

Superboons:

Micaiah: HP

Elincia: HP

Ryoma: None

Xander: None

Superbanes:

Micaiah: None

Elincia: None

Ryoma: HP, Res

Xander: HP, Spd, Res

Also as /u/CriticalAstra said in another thread:

BST for the units (provided by my calculator):

Ryoma: 140

Micaiah: 139

Elincia: 139

Xander: 140

Basically danger all around.

Datamine's out.

Spoiler

lv_1__40_festival_in_hoshido.png

Elincia and Ryoma are about as I expected, with Elincia in particular making me consider actually pull.

Xander sadly has bad res as well as speed, if it were higher I would be far more interested to see a tanking dagger.

Michiah also seems close to her regular stats, though even slower here.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Datamine's out.

Reveal hidden contents

lv_1__40_festival_in_hoshido.png

Elincia and Ryoma are about as I expected, with Elincia in particular making me consider actually pull.

Xander sadly has bad res as well as speed, if it were higher I would be far more interested to see a tanking dagger.

Michiah also seems close to her regular stats, though even slower here.

what are you talking Xander stat spread couldnt be better for a dancer. He can wall physical units and actually make use of his close counter and it matches his base kit set perfectly. Not only that but he can actually also tank bows. Micaiah is excellent too. The horrible ones here are actually Ryoma and Elincia because they cant take a hit at all and their weapons make Desperation not usable.... they are stuck in their role, while Xander and Micaiha offer way more diversity to possibly deal also with other units ecxept for the stuff their weapon has effectiv damage on.

Xander looks good, just give him Close Def seal, and he'll have 46 defense on odd turns. 47 attack counters back twice thanks to Close Counter and Quick Riposte. Not bad for a dancer.

Elincia will double dragons on her first attack, but need some healing if she want to continue. Without Atk/Spd Push, her offense is weak.

Ryoma is still bad. Very bad. His skill won't support his stats that well.

Micaiah also looks nice with her potential Atk and Res... however that Spd is crippling. It's a nice thing that it's effective against cavalry and armor, she might one shot things.

Final Verdict: Micaiah > Xander > Elincia > Ryoma

Edited by Garlyle

9 hours ago, Troykv said:

Well; that was a contest in Pre-Laegjarm time where Laev's appeal was pretty much only her design and Blade Sword.

HEY, YOU'RE RIGHT. THERE'S STILL HOPE FOR MORE INTERESTING LADIES TO WIN THAT SHIT :lol:. In fact, chances are ridiculously high now, as Laegjarn didn't even appeared and Laventain was still rather underdeveloped (and still managed to score rather high despite that). That ain't the case now. Problem is, it's possible for two characters from the exact same game to win, as I kinda like my variety, but hey, as long as two more interesting characters than Camilla win, I'm not complaining  XD

Edited by Midnox

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

what are you talking Xander stat spread couldnt be better for a dancer. He can wall physical units and actually make use of his close counter and it matches his base kit set perfectly.

He has that going for him. I'm just disappointed that he can't wall magic much at all. Sure that would be a different kit, but still. I guess I shouldn't be looking over too much. Especially with the horseslaying dagger.

Aside from that, while Michiah has that massive res and attack, I don't think I'm interested in more slow mages, I have enough of them, never mind that I think I have about 10 red infantry mages at 5* and just stop IS. I think you're giving the other two a bit too little credit, though Ryoma's kit in particular isn't all that good. If only Ryoma actually had more Res he'd be a good choice for the dragonslaying dagger.

40 minutes ago, Dayni said:

He has that going for him. I'm just disappointed that he can't wall magic much at all. Sure that would be a different kit, but still. I guess I shouldn't be looking over too much. Especially with the horseslaying dagger.

Aside from that, while Michiah has that massive res and attack, I don't think I'm interested in more slow mages, I have enough of them, never mind that I think I have about 10 red infantry mages at 5* and just stop IS. I think you're giving the other two a bit too little credit, though Ryoma's kit in particular isn't all that good. If only Ryoma actually had more Res he'd be a good choice for the dragonslaying dagger.

I am talking from a T20 whale stand point of view (not like you see any dancers up there anyway with their low BST). Even then Ryoma and Elincia are crap. Elincia can kill 1 dragon and then she is expended, though thats maybe all she needs to do and ryoma isnt even suited to fight armorers... he cant take much of a counter attack. I mean if he fails to one shot zelgius he will eat a Black Luna in return lol and he will die against all prominent Green Armor users. Spd means crap if against armorers unless you run windsweep (which is the only solution for Ryoma to tackle them safely). its like the least important stat because they will double you with their bold fighter QR steady breath set. well he surely wont fail to 1 hit zelgius, his only purpose. Xander will do alot better with Ryomas dagger.

Daggers without min/max stats are basicly useless, otherwise you are forced to run windsweep (or desperation) to be able to tackle anything at all with them.
Allways assume all melees are running Distant Counter (Dragons too) and all mages will outspeed you. because thats 95% of the things you will encounter.

Edited by Hilda

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Shamelessly stolen from the subreddit:

Xander's superbanes are ouch.  Literally every stat he might want a bane in is a Superbane...

Honestly I really hate the way the system works that makes Superboon/banes a thing... It's very annoying.

Though, I guess it doesn't matter too much as a dancer.

54 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I am talking from a T20 whale stand point of view (not like you see any dancers up there anyway with their low BST). Even then Ryoma and Elincia are crap. Elincia can kill 1 dragon and then she is expended, though thats maybe all she needs to do and ryoma isnt even suited to fight armorers... he cant take much of a counter attack. I mean if he fails to one shot zelgius he will eat a Black Luna in return lol and he will die against all prominent Green Armor users. Spd means crap if against armorers unless you run windsweep (which is the only solution for Ryoma to tackle them safely). its like the least important stat because they will double you with their bold fighter QR steady breath set. well he surely wont fail to 1 hit zelgius, his only purpose. Xander will do alot better with Ryomas dagger.

Daggers without min/max stats are basicly useless, otherwise you are forced to run windsweep (or desperation) to be able to tackle anything at all with them.
Allways assume all melees are running Distant Counter (Dragons too) and all mages will outspeed you. because thats 95% of the things you will encounter.

Yeah, good points. Irrelevant personally though, as someone who's never tried to get to that tier and has only gotten as far as 19 once or twice ever.

Bit doubtful any of these can get to T20 at all even with +10 when they have 161 BST at most though.

I'm really torn. On one hand, Xander looks really fun. On the other hand, Elincia's art is gorgeous. Micaiah looks good, but she doesn't have the draw either of them do. Ryoma is in hardcore last though.

Edited by bottlegnomes

57 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Save your orbs for August 21 because there's a New Heroes banner. It might have Tellius characters. 

I'll save after I pull a 5* from this banner.  I LIKE dancers!

So someone on reddit said that "Refresher" theme this around really does involve a lot dancing & that if Micaiah did "sing" that would defeat the purpose of the theme. When is Micaiah really going to have another chance to be a refresher unit again? When she's a colorless legendary?

4 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The "father of Sothe's children" has finally been voiced Veronica Taylor. She sounds so sassy.

God that just great.

Invested far too many orbs into this banner. Now I only have 56 orbs left (had 210 before). At least I can't complain about my 5* rate. I did get Ryouma (+Res -Def, pretty much neutral) and two other 5* (Flier Olivia and Firesweep Sword fodder)! Also my first ever Oscar. Hope I don't regret this in the days to come. haha;;