Do you like your body hair?

XRay

Since the dude thread got shut down (I think it was partly my fault), I think it might better if we just have one topic per thread, so even if we make a mistake and a thread gets shut down, it does not shut down multiple interesting topics in the thread.

Anyways, dudes, do you like your body hair? I sort of do and do not at the same time. Like, I like the fact that I got back, chest, and tummy hair, but it is not hairy enough. I also wish I have more arm and hand hair, and I wish they are like ten times thicker; right now, they just look like thin fuzz to me, and as a 25 year old man, it is a little disappointing to realize I am at my peak hairiness and I will not get any hairier. Maybe I am just weird, but the reason I like body hair is because I have the option to be hairy or bald. If I am just naturally bald and want to be hairy, well good luck with trying to grow them.

My only gripe with my body hair is that sometimes when I jog for a long time, my inner thigh hairs occasionally gets tangled and I have to go home and shave the knot off.

I guess ladies can join too, inclusiveness is nice, although I am not sure if girls like to talk about their body hair.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My legs are hairy, but that's pretty much it. I don't mind it at all, and I suppose it lets me get away with unbuttoning my shirts lower than most people would, exposing my smooth chest. I should add that, at 31, I still look like a high school kid if I don't have a beard going.

Side questions: Do you like how your facial hair grows? How bout the hair on the top of your head?

I'm pretty happy with how mine grow, even though I've got quite a few white hairs growing already.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I guess ladies can join too, inclusiveness is nice, although I am not sure if girls like to talk about their body hair.

Meh, I'll bite.

I get some annoying chin hairs that I have to shave off, it's not thick enough to make me look like the bearded lady but it's still annoying. I also have hair...on my chest and around my nipples. Nobody sees that, and I figure by the time I let a man see it, he'll love me and not care. And just be happy that he's seeing me naked in the first place.

My mom and aunt get on me for not shaving my legs sometimes, I forget or neglect to do that and really I don't think it's that bad or that big of a deal.

I probably have more testosterone than average...and that's why I get hairs where they're not exactly welcome. Really though I hate the double standard that guys can have body hair and it's perfectly fine, but girls have it and people think it's gross.

37 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I figure by the time I let a man see it, he'll love me and not care. And just be happy that he's seeing me naked in the first place.

Generally true, at least that if someone does love you, they're not going to care.

And yeah, you don't owe it to anybody to manage hair that you don't feel like managing, including the more visible stuff like arm pits and legs.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Side questions: Do you like how your facial hair grows? How bout the hair on the top of your head?

My left side of the beard is fine, but I hate my right side of the beard, more specifically the area between the neck and the edge of my jawbone. For whatever fucking reason, those hairs grow sideways or slightly upward to the right instead growing down like normal on the left side. It is not a big deal if I grow a huge beard and the hair will weigh itself down, but since I shave, it looks funny when I let it grow a little and it looks asymmetrical.

My hair on my head grows fine. I sometimes have the urge to go bald and shave everything because I am lazy and it would be easier to clean.

37 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Meh, I'll bite.

I get some annoying chin hairs that I have to shave off, it's not thick enough to make me look like the bearded lady but it's still annoying. I also have hair...on my chest and around my nipples. Nobody sees that, and I figure by the time I let a man see it, he'll love me and not care. And just be happy that he's seeing me naked in the first place.

My mom and aunt get on me for not shaving my legs sometimes, I forget or neglect to do that and really I don't think it's that bad or that big of a deal.

I probably have more testosterone than average...and that's why I get hairs where they're not exactly welcome. Really though I hate the double standard that guys can have body hair and it's perfectly fine, but girls have it and people think it's gross.

I got a nipple hair too, kind of weird that it is just one hair though. I cannot speak for all men, but I do not think most men mind a little hair on a lady's body. Plus, you can always shave it off. I am not sure if women think the same way, but I think it is usually better to have some hair than no hair, since you have the option to shave if you do not want it, whereas the opposite is not true.

As a dude, even though we are visual creatures, I do not think we are that detail oriented where we would notice body hair on a lady unless we touch you or something, so I would not worry too much about shaving unless you plan to go to second base with a guy or something.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

My left side of the beard is fine, but I hate my right side of the beard, more specifically the area between the neck and the edge of my jawbone. For whatever fucking reason, those hairs grow sideways or slightly upward to the right instead growing down like normal on the left side. It is not a big deal if I grow a huge beard and the hair will weigh itself down, but since I shave, it looks funny when I let it grow a little and it looks asymmetrical.

My hair on my head grows fine. I sometimes have the urge to go bald and shave everything because I am lazy and it would be easier to clean.

Mine grows a little asymmetrically too, particularly that the mustache connects to the beard on the right, but not on the left. I usually just rip out that connecting section with my fingers until it looks balanced.

Hair on my head grows long, thick and luxurious golden brown with natural blonde streaks in the front. Usually it sits at about Laslow-length and gets wavey in the exact same way, but begins to naturally curl into a Xander-style as it reaches that length.

I shave my mustache off, but I'm keeping the beard, partly to hide the double-chin lol

The growth of my beard has become a bother as well, as the left side grows a tad unevenly compared to the right one. Hair on the top of my head is shaved constantly, as it no longer grows thick (I may have to take Walhart's advice more seriously on eating my vegetables). Body hair is definitely there, and I got no qualms about it.

Eh, I'm mixed on it. I don't mind facial hair, but mine always grows out really blotching so I'm incapable of growing it out so I shave it. As for other body hair, barely any grows on my chest so I just leave and I really only have hair on my legs and armpits, though I'm half considering shaving my armpits cause I hate armpit hair.

I would sacrifice the entire population of china to permanently get rid of my body hair, so I guess that you could say no, I am quite unsatisfied, but then again for a mass sacrifice on that scale I should be looking at way more than just getting rid of some body hair, so I guess that is the least of my worries at the moment.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I would sacrifice the entire population of china to permanently get rid of my body hair, so I guess that you could say no, I am quite unsatisfied, but then again for a mass sacrifice on that scale I should be looking at way more than just getting rid of some body hair, so I guess that is the least of my worries at the moment.

same but i would sacrifice the entire world or maybe even the whole galaxy

Never post outside of Heroes thread, but I was literally thinking about this this morning. Color me intrigued. 

I hate my own body hair. For me, it's uncomfortable, especially when it's warm outside. And I personally don't like how it looks on myself. And unlike every other female in my family, mine is dark, so if I miss a day or two of shaving, it's really obvious. At work, I can usually cover up what I want to cover up, but outside of work, I'm a runner, so I wear a lot of shorts and tank-tops. 

But I also hate shaving. It took me years to realize that I'm allergic to like...99.99% of razors made for women because they always seem to be heavily scented. I don't need a pink, luxury handle, vitamin enriched, sky puppy lilac scented razor. Switched to a cheapo man's razor and never looked back. I have tried waxing before. I like the results, and honestly the pain wasn't that bad. It probably would have been better if I had gone to a professional instead of doing it myself. Only cons for me was how long it took and how messy it was. And that it's kind of expensive to go to a professional.

As a guy that doesn't really grow body hair, I'm completely fine with it. I shave the few hairs on my chin and upper lip area about every 2 weeks and I like that that's all I have to do. As for hair on my head, I get a haircut every 1.5~2 months since it doesn't get really long. Personal rule is that if I can see the tip of my hair when I look up, I'm long overdue for a haircut. I don't like having a lot of hair on my head because the excess hair is trapping in the heat so I have to get a haircut to let my head breathe if that's a thing. I'm pretty sure I can't manage long hair. I doubt it'll look good on me anyway. The heat aspect will drive me nuts. 

Edited by tobuShogi

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Since the dude thread got shut down (I think it was partly my fault), I think it might better if we just have one topic per thread, so even if we make a mistake and a thread gets shut down, it does not shut down multiple interesting topics in the thread.

Anyways, dudes, do you like your body hair? I sort of do and do not at the same time. Like, I like the fact that I got back, chest, and tummy hair, but it is not hairy enough. I also wish I have more arm and hand hair, and I wish they are like ten times thicker; right now, they just look like thin fuzz to me, and as a 25 year old man, it is a little disappointing to realize I am at my peak hairiness and I will not get any hairier. Maybe I am just weird, but the reason I like body hair is because I have the option to be hairy or bald. If I am just naturally bald and want to be hairy, well good luck with trying to grow them.

My only gripe with my body hair is that sometimes when I jog for a long time, my inner thigh hairs occasionally gets tangled and I have to go home and shave the knot off.

You get knots in your thigh hair?  News to me.

Don't fret, you aren't at peak body hairiness at 25.  My guy's back hair has gotten more plentiful the last few years.

I am gifted with thick red body hair from my Scottish blood.  I'm not sure how PG-13 we need to be with grooming habits here.

I love facial hair and like stroking a nice thick beard.

9 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Personal rule is that if I can see the tip of my hair when I look up, I'm long overdue for a haircut. I don't like having a lot of hair on my head because the excess hair is trapping in the heat so I have to get a haircut to let my head breathe if that's a thing. I'm pretty sure I can't manage long hair. I doubt it'll look good on me anyway. The heat aspect will drive me nuts. 

I'm the same here. A little while after the summer started, I got my hair cut and the temperature of my head felt like it had dropped 10° as an immediate bonus.

14 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

As a guy that doesn't really grow body hair, I'm completely fine with it. I shave the few hairs on my chin and upper lip arena about every 2 weeks and I like that that's all I have to do.

You have an arena on your upper lip? What wizardry is this?

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If there's ANYTHING I've learned from Headphones/Earphones, it's that the length of something of the sort doesn't matter, it WILL tangle/knot.

4 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

A while ago, I casually noticed that my chest hair is vaguely shaped like the emblem of Soleanna from Sonic 06. I just think that it's both cool and bafflingly mysterious.

That is indeed cool. If I could grow a picture on my chest, I think I would want it to look like a Batarang or an eagle.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I have tried waxing before. I like the results, and honestly the pain wasn't that bad.

I have only waxed my eyebrows before, but I am not sure if I can bear the pain anywhere else on my body.

3 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

That is a really quick escalation from trade war to reviving Grima.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

same but i would sacrifice the entire world or maybe even the whole galaxy

You must be Thanos 2.0.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Don't fret, you aren't at peak body hairiness at 25.  My guy's back hair has gotten more plentiful the last few years.

I am gifted with thick red body hair from my Scottish blood.  I'm not sure how PG-13 we need to be with grooming habits here.

I love facial hair and like stroking a nice thick beard.

Yep. My thighs are pretty hairy, so when I jog, the hair rubs against each other. I guess eventually some of them gets tangled up if I jog for like a long time.

That is good to hear, but I want my arms to be hairier too. When I rub my arms, I can barely feel the hair, whereas when I rub my legs, it screams "hairy!"

I am not sure how modest we have to be either. I am going to avoid the groin area, since the men's thread closed not long after I talked about butt hair.

I wish my facial hair was more symmetrical.

11 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

He must have played too much Arena on Heroes today, since it is the start of a new Arena week.

Edited by XRay

I can't grow any kind of facial hair, and I don't have a lot of body hair anywhere else, might be a genetic thing, no one on my mom's side has any facial hair

I don't really think badly of it

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is indeed cool. If I could grow a picture on my chest, I think I would want it to look like a Batarang or an eagle.

I haven't shaved it at all, it's just kinda naturally lined there. That's why I find it so strange. My body grew the hair in that shape, seemingly based on my own interests.

I fucking hate my facial hair and it makes me itchy whenever I let it grow for longer than a week. Shaving is boring and I'm legitimately unable to do it without cutting myself, though. I wish I was one of those lucky bastards who don't grow facial hair, like my father is. I guess the hairy genes of my mom's side of the family were just too strong D:

Facial hair is so ugly ugh

Edited by Nobody

2 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

I haven't shaved it at all, it's just kinda naturally lined there. That's why I find it so strange. My body grew the hair in that shape, seemingly based on my own interests.

Hm... If you changed your interest to something else, do you think your chest hair will respond in kind and grow a different picture?

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

wat

If you sort of hover your hand over a sweater without completely touching it, that is what my arms sort of feels like. I want my arms to be about as hairy as my legs, so they match.

2 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

I'm the same here. A little while after the summer started, I got my hair cut and the temperature of my head felt like it had dropped 10° as an immediate bonus.

Don't know about others but my head gets hot very easily so I like to keep my hair short. Sometimes when it's really hot, I have to cold wash my hair before going to sleep.

Hm... all this hair talk makes kinda makes me want to get a haircut.

2 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

2 hours ago, XRay said:

He must have played too much Arena on Heroes today, since it is the start of a new Arena week.

I meant area XD I knew this would get me someday. I don't want to know what kind of battles are going on in my upper lip area, not that it's a good place to have a battle in the first place.

Edited by tobuShogi

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I fucking hate my facial hair and it makes me itchy whenever I let it grow for longer than a week. Shaving is boring and I'm legitimately unable to do it without cutting myself, though. I wish I was one of those lucky bastards who don't grow facial hair, like my father is. I guess the hairy genes of my mom's side of the family were just too strong D:

Facial hair is so ugly ugh

nice

i rarely meet guys who hate facial hair

i legitimately want to burn off body hair on everyone, whether male or female

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you sort of hover your hand over a sweater without completely touching it, that is what my arms sort of feels like. I want my arms to be about as hairy as my legs, so they match.

ever thought of using mascara on your arm hair?

or supergluing sandpaper on ur arms

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

I have only waxed my eyebrows before, but I am not sure if I can bear the pain anywhere else on my body.

It's not for everyone. I don't think I have a particularly high pain tolerance, but ripping pain I handle better than like...jabbing pain (waxing vs. needles for example). My biggest issue with home waxing is that it's really easy to screw up. I ended up with some nasty bruises as a result.