shut up, chrom is in smash ultimate

Re: The weirdo.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm pretty sure Chrom's promotional class "Great Lord" does share Roy's since Roy is the first main character that promotes to Great Lord. Chrom did have different fighting style and some attacks that doesn't looked a lot like Marth uses in the Fire Emblem franchise.

I (and probably quite a few others) mainly thought Chrom would be an Ike echo because his build is much closer to Ike than Roy. Then there's also the Viridi's line about him and Ike being too similar in Smash 4. I'm not disappointed that he's a Roy echo or anything, just surprised.

I'm never going get over my hatred about this complaint over Chrom's inclusion. This is complaining for the sake of complaining.

On 8/8/2018 at 8:45 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Also can I just say it'll be great to watch Viridi have to eat her own words about Chrom being a carbon copy of Ike but without Aether?

Baby you know it. Especially when she ain't gonna be playable.

Prove me wrong Sakurai.

On 8/8/2018 at 8:55 PM, ZeManaphy said:

Although I would have prefered Azura, we should be grateful FE got another represantative, especially since its on par with Pokemon, but unlike Pokemon, Fe is significantly smaller, so its harder to justify a large roster.

Too bad she's from Fates therefore she's a bad choice. Even if she does more to offer than the average FE protagonist.

On 8/8/2018 at 9:16 PM, Light Strategist said:

That reason alone is why I feel annoyed at Lucina having Marth's moves, since she doesn't fight with Marth's style at all.

Honestly though, I'd like to see the Black Knight in, be it as an Echo or as a Newcomer. He could shake things up a little. I'd love for Morgan to be a Robin Echo too. If there's one person I want in above all else, it'd be Dante from Devil May Cry.

Funny enough, I think Eirika probably fits that description better than anyone else. More than Lucina & Celica ever did. Not that it would be a good thing, but she can recover from that since she's mostly used a rapier.

I feel BK would be more suited as boss battle. Not that I would be complaining if he became playable. Morgan being Robin's Echo makes way too much sense, more than Celica does. If Dante does get in the game, I can't imagine how broken he would be. Still appropriate considering his female counterpart & chance for them to duke it out on a grand scale like Smash Bros

Edited by Zangetsu

Another question of mine: Is it strange that my only real problem with Chrom is that they appear to have changed the glow animations for his Falchion? It was identical to Marth's in Sm4sh, hence my fear of his eventual addition(I mean, Ike with the Tipper Mechanic...that sounds horrifying for a casual or semi-casual like me), but now they've decided to make it red because Roy. I don't like the inconsistency.

35 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Another question of mine: Is it strange that my only real problem with Chrom is that they appear to have changed the glow animations for his Falchion? It was identical to Marth's in Sm4sh, hence my fear of his eventual addition(I mean, Ike with the Tipper Mechanic...that sounds horrifying for a casual or semi-casual like me), but now they've decided to make it red because Roy. I don't like the inconsistency.

If you're talking about these:

Spoiler

ss_4.jpg

ss_2.jpg

Then that's only because what you're seeing is their side b Double Edged/Dancing Blade. The same effect happens to Marth as well as the others with the same move. Aside from that occurrence, it's always a cyan blue (or whatever color it is) sword trail with a light glow to match, with Roy's being an exceptional flame-colored orange-ish yellow

Edited by Motendra

19 hours ago, Truebladee said:

I think that because of the inclusion of Chrom as an echo fighter of Roy, we have less chance of Lynn in SSB.

we lost every chance the moment they showed her as an assist trophy

On 8/8/2018 at 8:53 PM, Nym said:

Again, I have to ask for Morgan for Robin's echo fighter. So much better than Celica in my opinion.

If Morgan were there then my family would be complete!

On 8/8/2018 at 8:56 PM, Etheus said:

Agreed. I love female Morgan. But is it necessary for them to be an echo fighter when they could so easily be a costume?

We can have both Morgans :P

On 8/8/2018 at 8:59 PM, Nym said:

I don't think costumes have different voice lines or animations which is why they aren't echoe fighters like the one from Olimar.

Bowser Jr's has the Kooplings and while I don't believe they speak actual words, they definitely have different voices. So I don't know. This is my way of virtual shrugging.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Matt Mercer confirmed he 's in Ultimate which is fantastic! I just really hope they keep Laura Bailey as Lucina. All they have to do is keep her voice clips and I'd be so happy, that's all I need. If Laura Bailey can't come in and record new stuff give her the Jigglypuff-Lucas treatment.

On 8/14/2018 at 10:59 AM, PersonWithTime said:

I just really hope they keep Laura Bailey as Lucina. All they have to do is keep her voice clips and I'd be so happy, that's all I need. If Laura Bailey can't come in and record new stuff give her the Jigglypuff-Lucas treatment.

I doubt Laura Bailey will reprise her role & considering Ike is now voice by Greg Chun, Alexis Tipton will more than likely reprise her performance her. I recently found out she gave birth so it's even less likely.

I seriously doubt Bailey will ever do any dub roles ever again, let alone reprising as Lucina. It's depressing really

Really? Why do you doubt she'd do dub roles ever again? What the hell happened (besides giving birth, I get maternity leave but like leaving forever)?

All I really need is for her to be Lucina's voice in this game. She doesn't even need to come back to voice Lucina they can just use her clips from Smash 4. Rachael Lillis has voiced Jigglypuff since the start and they just reused her voice clips from Smash 64. I believe Rachael Lillis even confirmed this on twitter recently. So I'm really really hoping they at least do that. I think they used Ike's new voice actor because both versions of him are suppose to sound different so they'd probably have to get fresh voice clips for that.

On 8/17/2018 at 2:19 AM, Zangetsu said:

I doubt Laura Bailey will reprise her role & considering Ike is now voice by Greg Chun, Alexis Tipton will more than likely reprise her performance her. I recently found out she gave birth so it's even less likely.

I seriously doubt Bailey will ever do any dub roles ever again, let alone reprising as Lucina. It's depressing really

...What? Laura is currently playing on a D&D show where she regularly goes into a Russian accent for her character. Her baby only had her out of that show for 6 weeks only because she had to care for him. Nothing happened to her voice. Giving birth does not mean your voice acting career is ruined; that's silly.

8 hours ago, PersonWithTime said:

Really? Why do you doubt she'd do dub roles ever again? What the hell happened (besides giving birth, I get maternity leave but like leaving forever)?

All I really need is for her to be Lucina's voice in this game. She doesn't even need to come back to voice Lucina they can just use her clips from Smash 4. Rachael Lillis has voiced Jigglypuff since the start and they just reused her voice clips from Smash 64. I believe Rachael Lillis even confirmed this on twitter recently. So I'm really really hoping they at least do that. I think they used Ike's new voice actor because both versions of him are suppose to sound different so they'd probably have to get fresh voice clips for that.

7 hours ago, NoirCore said:

...What? Laura is currently playing on a D&D show where she regularly goes into a Russian accent for her character. Her baby only had her out of that show for 6 weeks only because she had to care for him. Nothing happened to her voice. Giving birth does not mean your voice acting career is ruined; that's silly.

I never said she was never going to voice act again, I said she's not likely going to dub again. She's still voice acting as evident by games & shows like Batman: TellTale games & Avengers Assemble & she's going to voice MJ in the upcoming Insomniac's Spider-Man.

I didn't exactly do my homework on this so feel free to correct me on this but voice acting in anime doesn't pay as much as western shows. Which is why I believe she won't ever do any dubs again. Not to mention I'm sure there would be too many conflicting scheduling on her part even if she did try to some dubs again.

Just giving a small little update, I watched a Smash Bros Ultimate video from Nintendo UK's official YouTube. It was a team match of Dark Samus and Ridley vs Chrom and Lucina. And in the match Lucina was using her voice clips from Smash 4. I hope that doesn't change when it's released!

And I think it's super unlikely that they'll have Japanese voice options for Marth and Roy, but I can dream. At least I prefer Yuri Lowenthal as Marth more than Ray Chase as Roy, I think Ray Chase would be a perfect Eliwood though! The most I could hope for is a Japanese language option like Melee had. I'd still play in English, but knowing I could hear Jun Fukuyama as Roy anytime I wanted would be comforting.

I just care a lot about voice actors in Smash Bros I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 11:19 PM, Zangetsu said:

They might just keep in her lines from 4, they've done stuff like that before, and I mean it's not like the case with Marth where he's suddenly in English or Ike actually now having a respectable person be his VA so they switched it.

35 minutes ago, Jedi said:

They might just keep in her lines from 4, they've done stuff like that before, and I mean it's not like the case with Marth where he's suddenly in English or Ike actually now having a respectable person be his VA so they switched it.

Not throwing shades at Greg Chun (especially with his performance as Lukas) but he's doing really bad job as Ike so far. I'm not going to pretend I know Ike like the back of my hand, but he sounds more plain than before without any of ham performance in it.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprise that Lucina will have her voice clips recycle. After all, they aren't willing to change anything about her, so why would they go the extra mile to actually make her sound different?

Wow, this entire thread is no longer about Chrom's inclusion & somehow became about Fire Emblem character's voice acting. To make it even weirder, it's not even Matt Mercer as Chrom

11 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Not throwing shades at Greg Chun (especially with his performance as Lukas) but he's doing really bad job as Ike so far. I'm not going to pretend I know Ike like the back of my hand, but he sounds more plain than before without any of ham performance in it.

I mean, a stale piece of bread could outact Jason Adkins. I think Chun does an alright job.

Ike was never a hammy character to begin with.

Edited by Jedi

30 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I mean, a stale piece of bread could outact Jason Adkins. I think Chun does an alright job.

I heard how more of Chun in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuGSwc7RuMI&feature=youtu.be&t=1m42s

& I actually thought Adkins sounded better in Codename Steam & Fates, but that's not the point I'm trying to make

You being a Castlevania fan, who sounded better as Dracula in Symphony of the Night? Michael Guinn's "What is a man, a miserable little pile of secrets? But enough talk. Have at you!" or Patrick Seitz "Ha! Mankind. A cesspit of hatred & lies. Fight for them, then, & die for their sins!"? The truth is people will recognize Guinn's performance & dialogue than they will with Seitz's, even though he's the better V.A. Not I don't appreciate Guinn's performance, especially in the PS1 era.

Some bad things have their charms, as abstract & lousy of an answer as that sounds.

10 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

To make it even weirder, it's not even Matt Mercer as Chrom

Are you sure? It definitely sounds like him going "Anything can change!" when he does the Final Smash in his reveal. I'm at work though so I can't play it back.

9 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

You being a Castlevania fan, who sounded better as Dracula in Symphony of the Night? Michael Guinn's "What is a man, a miserable little pile of secrets? But enough talk. Have at you!" or Patrick Seitz "Ha! Mankind. A cesspit of hatred & lies. Fight for them, then, & die for their sins!"? The truth is people will recognize Guinn's performance & dialogue than they will with Seitz's, even though he's the better V.A. Not I don't appreciate Guinn's performance, especially in the PS1 era.

I'll have to give Seitz's Dracula a listen when I get home as well, I haven't heard it. That said, I can't imagine it compares to Graham McTavish, but to be fair, that's like the best casting short of bringing Christopher Lee back to life.

On 9/5/2018 at 8:49 AM, Johann said:

Are you sure? It definitely sounds like him going "Anything can change!" when he does the Final Smash in his reveal. I'm at work though so I can't play it back.

Crap, I knew I said something wrong. I meant to say " it's not even Matt Mercer about as Chrom "

On 9/5/2018 at 8:49 AM, Johann said:

I'll have to give Seitz's Dracula a listen when I get home as well, I haven't heard it. That said, I can't imagine it compares to Graham McTavish, but to be fair, that's like the best casting short of bringing Christopher Lee back to life.

No, I'm comparing the performance in Symphony of the Night not "who's the best Dracula". At that point, imo, that's comparing banana  & orange.