Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2018 at 05:00 AM

DmUPTweWsAAC3RL.jpg
A new Voting Gauntlet event has begun to run from the 5th till the 10th of September, subtitled The Chosen Ones!

The theme of the gauntlet this time around is CYL1 against CYL2. The first place in men’s division from the last year will face the first place in men’s division from the current year, and so on. All eight winners of the Choose Your Legends community events will take part in this tournament of popularity!

This is it, our final battle:
Screenshot_20180911-110826.jpg

Ephraim, Sacred Twin Lord, has triumphed against Veronica, Brave Princess!

(yes, Intsys was really that lame and we now have two Brave Princesses)

Also the event is accompanied by a summoning focus banner where one can try to summon Ike, Roy, Lyn, and Lucina. Good luck, summoners!

can we be done with this already?

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

There are still no details (obviously), but it makes it even more fun to speculate. What can be the theme of this gauntlet? Who can be the participants?

Funny how's that more enjoyable than the actual gauntlet itself.

53 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

If not CYL,

maybe PA units vs Hoshidan Summer Festival dancers?

If they rerun PA units around that time that is

I'll be down for that. Won't make it any less bitter about the gauntlet.

Edited by Zangetsu

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

If not CYL,

maybe PA units vs Hoshidan Summer Festival dancers?

If they rerun PA units around that time that is

This was my thought, although I sort of hope they go for something a bit less mundane. I like their odd themes more, like long hair vs short hair, etc xD

12 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

This was my thought, although I sort of hope they go for something a bit less mundane. I like their odd themes more, like long hair vs short hair, etc xD

I think the hair gauntlet was the least controversial, Shanna beating out Takumi notwithstanding. I want more of this, and hopefully without any Ikes for a couple of years.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I think the hair gauntlet was the least controversial, Shanna beating out Takumi notwithstanding. I want more of this, and hopefully without any Ikes for a couple of years.

Tharja's the worst one for me since she's won far too many times and for topics that don't even suit (winning the love one really peeved me, even when I normally don't care about the winners). 

Ike, Lucina, Camilla... yeah, I think they should take a rest from some of the more overused people for a while. Heck, even Takumi and Leo, although at least they've never won so they're not too bad...

I believe it will be the CYL 2 VG.

The GHB will happens some days before the "possible CYL banner" in Sep 7th and the "possible CYL VG" in Sep 5th. Can, for some random reason, get Veronica in this GHB? If we get the CYL 2 VG, Veronica's team will miss the bonus points from using her in battle. Can IS give us Original Veronica before the Brave Heroes Banner?! Very unlikely, but is a possibility.

I am going to go with dancers vs. dancers, but it could be CYL depending on which "new"hero banner is CYL 2.  I would honestly rather have the dancers be the VG then CYL but that is me.

I doubt it's Battle of the Seasonal Dancers myself.

Once it starts at least, you'd only have the spanning of the first round to get whatever dancers you'd want for the gauntlet, and after that tough luck. I don't exactly remember past history with Banner availability compared to Voting Gauntlets, but I'd at least assume they'd want a banner with units on the gauntlet to last throughout the duration of the Gauntlet.

Could it be CYL2? Yeah it could, but it could also just be a normally themed banner. I'd gladly accept Hoshido vs Nohr, it's such an obvious gauntlet...

Most likely to succeed vs class clowns would be funny, but dancers popularity contest makes more sense. Parents vs children? Kanas and Morgans vs the Corrins and the Robins, though regular F!Robin is a GHB reward. Plus, I worry that the teams would be horrendously lopsided. Another parents vs children could work, though, if we bring in people like Roy and Mist. … We need more parent representation, like Griel, Validar, and Elbert. Sadly, most of the moms have such minor roles... I guess we at least have Sigurd, Arvis, Diedre (or however you spell her name), Hector and Eliwood, even though most of those also count as main characters rather than their primary role being "parent." Personally, I'd love to finally play Elena. She was apparently a staff-user, but we never get to actually use her. I also want Bantu as a red dragonstone user. Why does Tiki get to be the only red dragonstone user? Thinking about that, they could totally do guardians vs wards, too. Fin, Jaegan, Bantu, and Oifey vs Leif, Marth, Tiki, and Seliph. 'Course, that also requires bringing in Bantu and Oifey, unless there are other good matches that I'm not thinking of. Maybe moms vs dads? Hmm not enough moms...somewhat ironically. And I'm talking canon moms, not people who can become moms if x condition is met in-game (other than survival.) Pegasi vs wyverns, maybe?

They could also do Lyn vs Lucina. That would actually be funny.

I have 2 guesses:

1. Performing Arts vs. Festival of Hoshido featuring (I wouldn't be surprised that they'd rerun the Performing Arts banner while the Festival Hoshido banner is going on):
Azura: Lady of Ballads
Olivia: Festival Dancer
Inigo: Indigo Dancer
Shigure: Dark Sky Singer
Xander: Dancing Knight
Ryoma: Dancing Samurai
Elincia: Estival Princess
Micaiah: Summer's Dawn

2. Choose Your Legends 2017 vs. Choose Your Legends 2018 featuring:
Ike: Brave Mercenary
Roy: Brave Lion
Lyn: Brave Lady
Lucina: Brave Princess
(CYL Hector)
(CYL Ephraim)
(CYL Celica)
(CYL Veronica)

On 8/10/2018 at 12:49 AM, Vaximillian said:

A new Voting Gauntlet event has been just announced on a freshly-revealed event schedule, planned to run from the 5th till the 10th of September!

There are still no details (obviously), but it makes it even more fun to speculate. What can be the theme of this gauntlet? Who can be the participants?

Since by the time this year's Legendary Heroes will be released, filling the roster for an appropriately themed Voting Gauntlet, that would be my guess

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

How much sodium would a Lyn alts vs Lucina alts gauntlet generate?

It pit the worst of FE New Fans vs. FE Old Fans, blue and green hair would little the floor. And I'd stand on the sidelines watching the less gruesome stuff happening.

As for how much sodium would be produced, enough to make this:

Bochnia poland saltmine.jpg

Yes, a cathedral carved out of salt, they exist.

There are too many variables right now for me say what I think the next Voting Gauntlet could be. CYL2 4 vs. CYL1 4 is a possibility, but so is CYL2's top 8 against each other.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

When the only thing the players care about in a game mode are rewards, something fundamentally wrong is with the mode.

In my opinion, the Voting Gauntlet is not a well made game mode. The multipliers can make you lose in the last hour, but without the multiplier only popular characters will win, like what happened in the first VG "Princes Vs. Princesses" (Lucina, with 13,393,577,270,  Vs. Ephraim, with 3,312,677,530).

I like how Splatoon do it's "voting type mode", where the results are based in popularity and victories. Of course the way Splatoon do this type of mode would not work in Heroes.

Although, VG isn't the game mode I least enjoy. I still prefer VG than Grand Conquest.

• 3 weeks later...

The next VG should be announced tomorrow. Anyone willing to bet it isn't Braves vs. Braves?

And if you aren't willing, well bets on how the Braves will be arranged and how the rounds will go? Which favorites will abjectly fail and others to victory sail?

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The next VG should be announced tomorrow. Anyone willing to bet it isn't Braves vs. Braves?

I suppose now would be a good time to post what the title for this one will be [DATAMINE]:

Spoiler

The Chosen Ones

Yeah, I have a hard seeing this being anything but CYL1 vs. CYL2.