Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2018 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

That makes two of us, my mind is set.

Great, let's carry Roy to the final. He deserved my support after being my rep for so long. 

Btw: I'm amazed how many people sided with Veronica (not only here at SF, but in general), noone of the other brave heroes got even the half of her amount of supporters. Not that it would guarantee a win in this lottery of a mode. 

. . . Team Roy sucks. All red teams seem to be all I am getting. However, it seems I have no friends on Team Roy. Or at least I am getting two pop ups asking if I want to friend either unit helping me out. Which is odd, I actually thought @mampfoid was on my friend list at the very least, but apparently not. Or at least I was able to send a request(I would assume it would say something if you were trying to request someone already on your list).

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Btw: I'm amazed how many people sided with Veronica (not only here at SF, but in general), noone of the other brave heroes got even the half of her amount of supporters. Not that it would guarantee a win in this lottery of a mode. 

Yeah, why did so many people side with her? Heroes has barely done anything with her as a character. I guess some people might like her design, but that's not enough reason to love a character that much, I would think. Is it because she's the only first-timer in this? That's a silly reason to me though...

I hope someone upsets her though, I really do not like her and don't want her to win at all.

I am in Veronica's Team, but I don't care in what team win. Only the first Voting Gauntlet was a fair battle. Multipliers only made this mode worst. I am happy the reward for winning is only 500 feathers... if the reward was orbs, I would be pissed! I only play VG for the reward, and I chose Veronica's team because I enjoy use her in battle.

6 hours ago, Lau said:

Team Roy!

Lets see if he can get further than the first round, hahah.

This must be fate that we're on the same team

As it stands, I've all combatants save Celica & Ephraim. I'd have gone Celica if I had her but chose Roy on a whim. Now I don't regret it.

R O Y 'S  O U R  B O I !

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, why did so many people side with her? Heroes has barely done anything with her as a character. I guess some people might like her design, but that's not enough reason to love a character that much, I would think. Is it because she's the only first-timer in this? That's a silly reason to me though...

I hope someone upsets her though, I really do not like her and don't want her to win at all.

You'd be very surprised how far design and basic personality (if it's the right one) can take someone. I remember back when Fates wasn't out yet that some peeps really saw Rinkah as the only reason to choose Hoshido (not that i disagree completely cause I too love Rinkah and her design + #4TheGloryofHoshido ). If you find such reasons to be "not enough" then you're looking way too deeply into something that doesn't  need much thought.

As for Veronica herself, considering her strong presence in Book I, her usability as a unit, along with this iteration showing a different side of her(this recent Forging Bonds practically revolved around her), I'd say she has quite a lot going for her.  Really, the only thing that isn't is [apparently] the very fact (and silly notion) that she's an OC and by proxy of being an OC automatically doesn't measure up to established characters. Or, to put it more simply with the only thing that actually matters (that no reason, no matter how "legitimate" can trump); if you don't like them

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow so you're on Lucina's side in that regard. XD

But Veronica did win the CYL, so it makes sense that there must be a good number of people that want her on the team. And Veronica has already become the best healer in Heroes just from her base skillset. 

Though I had thought that with Legendary Lucina having come out a month prior to Veronica, Lucina would have had a strong hold still that it'd be even. Guess not.

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

You'd be very surprised how far design and basic personality (if it's the right one) can take someone. I remember back when Fates wasn't out yet that some peeps really saw Rinkah as the only reason to choose Hoshido (not that i disagree completely cause I too love Rinkah and her design + #4TheGloryofHoshido ). If you find such reasons to be "not enough" then you're looking way too deeply into something that doesn't  need much thought.

As for Veronica herself, considering her strong presence in Book I, her usability as a unit, along with this iteration showing a different side of her(this recent Forging Bonds practically revolved around her), I'd say she has quite a lot going for her.  Really, the only thing that isn't is [apparently] the very fact (and silly notion) that she's an OC and by proxy of being an OC automatically doesn't measure up to established characters. Or, to put it more simply with the only thing that actually matters (that no reason, no matter how "legitimate" can trump); if you don't like them

Veronica has no personality beyond an entitled spoiled brat as far as I've seen though. And her design is meh to me, but liking it or disliking it isn't really a reason to completely like or dislike a character. I like Micaiah's design, but I don't like her at all as a character, so she's a disliked character for me.

Also, she has no development or depth either, much like pretty much all of Heroes' original cast. Do people not care about good writing anymore? How very sad...

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Veronica has no personality beyond an entitled spoiled brat as far as I've seen though. And her design is meh to me, but liking it or disliking it isn't really a reason to completely like or dislike a character. I like Micaiah's design, but I don't like her at all as a character, so she's a disliked character for me.

How deep Frederick's personality is to make him a liked character for you? Because I don't see Frederick as a interesting character... He also doesn't have a interesting design...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I'm on team Ike!  My friend code is 7328867494 if anyone would like to add me, with a +10 Oscar as my lead.  Feel free to add me!

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

How deep Frederick's personality is to make him a liked character for you? Because I don't see Frederick as a interesting character... He also doesn't have a interesting design...

He has several supports that focus on varying aspects of his character. His hatred of bear meat, his phobia of wild animals, his extreme lengths when it comes to his duties, his inability to relax, his thing for exercise, etc. Veronica doesn't have any supports or even good story writing to help her.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Venmi said:

I'm on team Ike!  My friend code is 7328867494 if anyone would like to add me, with a +10 Oscar as my lead.  Feel free to add me!

That's a good Oscar you have! I hope he can get a exclusive weapon, which is not a legendary sapphire lance like Titania's axe.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's a good Oscar you have! I hope he can get a exclusive weapon, which is not a legendary sapphire lance like Titania's axe.

Thank you!  I seem to be one of the few who built him up that much.  He's running Firesweep Lance right now, so it would take a really good personal to get me to switch.  I wouldn't do it for a legendary sapphire lance, that's for sure.  Worked well for what I was running Titania for, but not Oscar.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

He has several supports that focus on varying aspects of his character. His hatred of bear meat, his phobia of wild animals, his extreme lengths when it comes to his duties, his inability to relax, etc. Veronica doesn't have any supports or even good story writing to help her.

Hm... for me he is just the "knight devoted to his lord" archetype. His hatred of bear meat and phobia of wild animals are not something that interesting (quite boring, in my opinion).

I am not defending Veronica, saying she is better than Frederick. But he is not better than her either.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, she has no development or depth either, much like pretty much all of Heroes' original cast. Do people not care about good writing anymore? How very sad...

Just now, Anacybele said:

He has several supports that focus on varying aspects of his character. His hatred of bear meat, his phobia of wild animals, his extreme lengths when it comes to his duties, his inability to relax, etc. Veronica doesn't have any supports or even good story writing to help her.

That doesn't in any way show Frederick to be any deep or meaningful character, though. Those are simple character traits that you have simply come to like. Nothing's wrong with that. And people love the things that Veronica gives.

What did we see from Veronica? 

Simple:

• Aesthetically, she can be labeled as an adorable girl.
  • She's lonely and seems to really want friends.
  • Loves her brother.
  • Has Xander be her bodyguard that she has grown to care for.
  • Stood up to Surtur when he considered slaughtering an Askr village.
  • And there are all the adorable Veronica/Xander moments in the Heroes manga strips. 
  • And as a unit, Veronica has again become the best healer and a competent unit that can hold her own.

To you, that's really nothing. But there are many that would love these things. It's all a matter of perspective. Not everyone wants to look for deep meaningful characters. Some just love things for the most simple of reasons. Some would like a character simply because they look cool, and that's it. 

So you can't honestly criticize Veronica fans if they like and support her. That's basically saying those fans have shit taste.

9 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Thank you!  I seem to be one of the few who built him up that much.  He's running Firesweep Lance right now, so it would take a really good personal to get me to switch.  I wouldn't do it for a legendary sapphire lance, that's for sure.  Worked well for what I was running Titania for, but not Oscar.

I liked your Oscar is very aggressive, having a FireSweep Lance and Life and Death, but he is also a very good supportive unit, with Rally Spd/Def, Spur Spd/Def and Drive Atk. It's a safe guess to say that you will probably give Rally Spd/Def+ to Oscar, right? I mean... it's better a +6 than a +3, right?

Edited by Diovani Bressan