Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2018 at 05:00 AM

Wow, can't believe Veronica managed to land the last hour multiplier.  Unless I'm wrong, team Veronica was actually bigger meaning it's not an upset, so hopefully no death threats from team Lyn this time.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm dumping the rest of mine because I timed it a bit poorly too, plus I was a bit busy today. xP I want to at least get a decent rank.

I'm saving mine for the final round.  It wasn't close enough to really make a push, and I don't think the non-bonus points would be enough to affect my rank much.

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

RIP Lyn, Ike cannot help you this time lol.

Ike need to out score Ephraim now even with little chance.

The two teams are about the same size, with Ike maybe s bit larger, so I don't think there's any real way to brute force this one.

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Dang it, yet another character that shouldn't have even had a big team, gotten past round one, and has absolutely no business whatsoever beating Lyn...is gonna beat Lyn. Oh well, on to Ephraim's team! I haven't summoned Brave Ephraim but I like him.

...Well, you're handling this better than I thought. Last time I saw you react to Lyn losing, you had a crazy angry outburst. I was actually mad about that a bit later (but didn't say anything) because I felt like I'd been called out for similar kinds of posts before, but nobody batted an eye at yours. But that was the past and it wasn't your fault or anything. Just surprised that you're not completely pissed again, yet glad that you aren't. :P

But we'll fight for Ephraim together! It's not often we're on the same team.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Dang it, yet another character that shouldn't have even had a big team, gotten past round one, and has absolutely no business whatsoever beating Lyn...is gonna beat Lyn. Oh well, on to Ephraim's team! I haven't summoned Brave Ephraim but I like him.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Well, you're handling this better than I thought. Last time I saw you react to Lyn losing, you had a crazy angry outburst. I was actually mad about that a bit later (but didn't say anything) because I felt like I'd been called out for similar kinds of posts before, but nobody batted an eye at yours. But that was the past and it wasn't your fault. Just surprised that you're not completely pissed again. xP

I stopped really getting invested in Gauntlets months ago.  It's all just chance now.  Plus most of my favorites haven't even been in a Gauntlet yet.

I'll keep my Rachel up for Team Ephraim, and hopefully she'll be useful.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I stopped really getting invested in Gauntlets months ago.  It's all just chance now.  Plus most of my favorites haven't even been in a Gauntlet yet.

I'll keep my Rachel up for Team Ephraim, and hopefully she'll be useful.

That's fair. A number of my favs have been in them (Ike, Ephraim, Frederick, etc.), so I just really wanted to root for them. :P

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Well, you're handling this better than I thought. Last time I saw you react to Lyn losing, you had a crazy angry outburst.

Shows how boring the event has become and how unengaging.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Well, you're handling this better than I thought. Last time I saw you react to Lyn losing, you had a crazy angry outburst. I was actually mad about that a bit later (but didn't say anything) because I felt like I'd been called out for similar kinds of posts before, but nobody batted an eye at yours. But that was the past and it wasn't your fault or anything. Just surprised that you're not completely pissed again, yet glad that you aren't. :P

I definitely still wanted Lyn to win, but I'm also not nearly as invested as I used to be. And I've really mellowed out over the last couple of months, especially about this kind of stuff. My mindset has veered off towards "it's just a game, it's not going to kill me" and I've found I'm waaaay happier in general because of an attitude like that.

But yeah, I'll be going to Ike/Ephraim's team, I don't really care much about Veronica.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Shows how boring the event has become and how unengaging.

Hey, I'd rather have people react maturely than a repeat of last year's CYL gauntlet madness where some idiots were so salty that they posted personal information about people just to get back at them.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I definitely still wanted Lyn to win, but I'm also not nearly as invested as I used to be. And I've really mellowed out over the last couple of months, especially about this kind of stuff. My mindset has veered off towards "it's just a game, it's not going to kill me" and I've found I'm waaaay happier in general because of an attitude like that.

But yeah, I'll be going to Ike/Ephraim's team, I don't really care much about Veronica.

Ah, I see. That's certainly healthier. I think I've kinda mellowed out about these things myself too, actually.

Yeah, I don't care about her either.

Eh the big difference this time was Lyn wasn't 'screwed' by multiplers, Veronica was actually the more popular team.  Last time Lyn was much more popular but lost which is why people were upset.  Back then also multipliers were new, now everyone is used to many upsets and don't really view it as a popularity contest anymore.

Anyways looks like nothing is stopping team Veronica.  I guess I go to her, I don't even have Brave Ephraim anyways.  "There, there".  

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Well, you're handling this better than I thought. Last time I saw you react to Lyn losing, you had a crazy angry outburst. I was actually mad about that a bit later (but didn't say anything) because I felt like I'd been called out for similar kinds of posts before, but nobody batted an eye at yours. But that was the past and it wasn't your fault. Just surprised that you're not completely pissed again. xP

I can’t help but feel this is somewhat patronizing, even though I believe you have good intentions with what you wrote.

As a Lyn supporter like FEF, the main difference is this time we lost fair and square, though admittedly I wouldn’t have minded a potential upset in our favor. Thus I’m merely bummed instead of extremely irritated. There’s nothing wrong with being upset with an unfair income so long as someone isn’t throwing a tantrum. I wouldn’t blame anyone for that.

I’m jumping ship to Veronica. She’s been my MVP for the Abyssal maps so I suppose I’ll return the favor.

Just now, SilvertheShadow said:

I can’t help but feel this is somewhat patronizing, even though I believe you have good intentions with what you wrote.

Well, I wasn't mad at Fire Emblem Fan, I was mad that nobody called him out like they would've called me out for making the same kind of posts. I don't actually think he really did anything wrong. But yeah, I had good intentions with what I posted just a little while ago regardless.

That's what happens when you have a reputation.

35 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Spring Kagero basically overwhelmed Spring Alphonse despite Alphonse getting multipliers up to 7.5 at the very end. I was on Team Alphonse.

Sorry  to hear that

6 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

As a Lyn supporter like FEF, the main difference is this time we lost fair and square, though admittedly I wouldn’t have minded a potential upset in our favor. Thus I’m merely bummed instead of extremely irritated. There’s nothing wrong with being upset with an unfair income so long as someone isn’t throwing a tantrum. I wouldn’t blame anyone for that.

I’m jumping ship to Veronica. She’s been my MVP for the Abyssal maps so I suppose I’ll return the favor.

To be honest I really should have been yelled at, my exact words to last year's Lyn vs. Camilla fiasco were...

"Fucking hell, guess I'm dropping outta this fucking gauntlet. As fucking usual, I'm on the losing fucking team. The way these fucking gauntlets are set up fucking sucks donkey ass. Not participating in anymore of these fucking things until IS fucking fixes the fucking system. At least I have solace knowing Lyn is far more popular than that fucking cow Camilla, perhaps not surpassing Ike but being right up there with him."

Not exactly a moment I'm proud of.