Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2018 at 05:00 AM

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

On the other, I actually like Ephraim and Veronica ticks me off for being "the required f2p pick, have fun clearing abyssal if you picked someone else and aren't a whale" with one of the smuggest fanbase in the making. Decisions, decisions...

I even pulled a Veronica so I could use my freebie on somebody else. But noooo +Def changes the AI pattern.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I even pulled a Veronica so I could use my freebie on somebody else. But noooo +Def changes the AI pattern.

Ow that's even more vexing. At least you can try working around it maybe? Nothing I do will make Maribelle replicate her unique staff effect. (another reason to be angry, since Veronica's release demoted Maribelle from "best new staff unit" and "welcome addition to the starved staff pool" to "superfluous fodder 'cause everybody's got Veronica, guess you can still use her if she's your fave or something lol". Just one month after her release too.)

Edited by Nanima

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

"superfluous fodder 'cause everybody's got Veronica, guess you can still use her if she's your fave or something lol"

Guess you can still use her if she’s your fave or something lol.

Really.

Is it necessary for one’s favourites to be best units? Can they not be favourites if they aren’t the best anymore?

I’m not even talking about the fact that not everybody’s got Veronica.

Edited by Vaximillian

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Guess you can still use her if she’s your fave or something lol.

Really.

Is it necessary for one’s favourites to be best units? Can they not be favourites if they aren’t the best anymore?

I’m not even talking about the fact that not everybody’s got Veronica.

Where did I say that? I was complaining about the dismissive way people talk about any one unit that's become "irrelevant" in some way. I didn't even complain about Maribelle not being the best anymore, just how people perceive her as superflous now. And the line "you can still use x if they are your fave" often feels like a condescending pat on the head. "Go do you, little child. :) Go play with your garbage." I am still using units that have fallen by the wayside, like a full team of Takumis taking down GHBs and the like. That doesn't change the fact that it sucks to have others talking crap about your favourite units all the time. Sure some can just shrug that off, but not everyone can and feeling ticked off by that is a normal reaction.

Rather than just expect people to take that kind of dialogue, we should instead expect people to at least show some restraint when discussing unit viability. I am not talking about not saying "Veronica is the best choice for a healer." because of course she is, I am talking about "If you chose anyone besides Veronica as F2P you are a moron who deserves to lose out on Abyssals forever. She makes all healers out there look like garbage."

Yay, Veronica won! Previous round I almost always got @Rafiel's Aria's Morgan, he was awesome! I still have my currently +6 Cecilia (Gronnowl+, Warding Blow, Atk Tactic, WoM) in front. If you want me to put someone else in front, lemme know.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m finally moving over to team Veronica. Anyone else?

*Raises Hand (again)*

As far as I'm concerned, Veronica has earned my support since she was an absolute star for me on F!Grima's LHB Abyssal .Even if it took...15 turns or so of chip damage/running circles around on F!Grima, but hey - a clear's a clear.

I guess that means it's sort of fitting to leave Xander as my rep for Team Veronica - but if anyone want's anything else here's what's in the stables (as a result of Doorway to Destiny's freebie pull I've added Quan since the last round and Sigurd has also been added since RD HM farming has been mothballed for now) :

Spoiler

Red

Siegbert: +4 Atk+/Res- [Vanilla (with Hone Cavalry)] {Heavy Blade 3}

Sigurd: +10* Def+/Res- [DC, Crusader's Ward, Hone Cavalry)] {Close Defense 3}

*/I know...Sigurd has pity rate broken me 7(!) times on Legendary Banners. Before the TT banner he was +9, but thanks to the freebie pull...well, when gacha giveth you Sigurds...you 10+ him no?

And I suppose I ought to mention it in case it wasn't obvious, the reason I keep using Xander despite my Sigurd being a thing is because Xander is a big favourite of mine.Fite me

Green

Cecilia:+10 Atk+/Def-, [Grónnblade+, Triangle Adept 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry] {Spd+ 3}

Gunnthrá: +6 Atk+/Def- [Vanilla] {Deflect Magic}

Frederick: +4 Atk+/Res- [Slaying Hammer+ (Def refine), Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Cavalry] {Deflect Melee}

[colour=blue]Blue[/color]

Reinhardt: +10 Atk+/Def- [Death Blow 3, Lance Breaker 3, Fortify Cavalry] {Quickened Pulse}

L!Ephraim: +1 Def+/Res- [Death Blow 3, Solar Brace, Fortify Cavalry] {Atk +3}

Quan: Atk+/Def- [Vanilla (with Fortify Cavalry)] {Def+ 3}

*/All of the horses listed have Reposition as their assist.

Now, for this round's mentions:

@Johann's Cain - I (sorely) missed out on him in round 1, but this time he showed up plenty and ever ready to crush Horses or just about anything else that moved. Truly, it never gets old to see him buffed by Hone Cavalry and charge the enemy. *Boom*

I should confess, between seeing your Cain and playing SD as of late, I keep getting tempted to build a matching Abel (Rider's Bane+ & Galeforce at minimum) - though I have no idea how "viable" that build would be on Abel, it sounds like fun.

Other teammates I kept getting were from non-SF players (at least I think so). The Effie and Sheena from last round were regular sightings in particular.

Well then it's onward to round 3 - time to see how this goes I suppose. :]

*Sees the botched formatting in my previous post*

Oh phone you sure picked a moment to butcher copy paste didn't you? *Sigh*

Plus, I can't edit the post: "This comment can no longer be edited blablabla"

GDI, Of all the times to be hit by that forum bug (because the post is considered long iirc?). Boo.

So, uh sorry for the misplaced bolded text in that post - it certainly wasn't intentional.

5 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

@Tactician_IrisI added you! My IGN is Michel.

I saw the request - added you.^^

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

you dont need to use guides. I think one can very well come up with its own solution. So pick who you want.

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Actualy I am here for the coins, but feathers and orbs are welcome.

No surprise on Veronica win, Ike got screwed by the multiplier again. While Ephraim revived Armor Emblem for me, I don't like him as a character. HE WILL GO DOWN!!

@mampfoid @Usana This is for Roy

I don't know much about Ephraim, but I like Veronica. 

For Roy! 

2 hours ago, Tactician_Iris said:

@Johann's Cain - I (sorely) missed out on him in round 1, but this time he showed up plenty and ever ready to crush Horses or just about anything else that moved. Truly, it never gets old to see him buffed by Hone Cavalry and charge the enemy. *Boom*

I should confess, between seeing your Cain and playing SD as of late, I keep getting tempted to build a matching Abel (Rider's Bane+ & Galeforce at minimum) - though I have no idea how "viable" that build would be on Abel, it sounds like fun.

Glad you enjoyed him, I know I hate having to deal with Veronica herself so being able to just run in and crush her is pretty satisfying. Abel could work with a similar sort of setup, though his Def is far lower so it might not be as safe against other melees. There was someone on my friend list who used to have a +10 Mathilda as her lead, and I can say it was a huge blessing to have against dragons and CC mages, which is something my other units still have trouble with.

Anyway, I joined Veronica too, just for the feathers. This has been one of those gauntlets where I have too much other stuff going on to pay attention to it, and I've been burning my flags as soon as the multipliers come just so I don't have to think about it.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Glad you enjoyed him, I know I hate having to deal with Veronica herself so being able to just run in and crush her is pretty satisfying. Abel could work with a similar sort of setup, though his Def is far lower so it might not be as safe against other melees. There was someone on my friend list who used to have a +10 Mathilda as her lead, and I can say it was a huge blessing to have against dragons and CC mages, which is something my other units still have trouble with.

Anyway, I joined Veronica too, just for the feathers. This has been one of those gauntlets where I have too much other stuff going on to pay attention to it, and I've been burning my flags as soon as the multipliers come just so I don't have to think about it.

It's very satisfying to sicc Cain on unsuspecting Reinhardts - Weapon Triangle? Pffft. Being blue won't save you from a Zanbato.

Yeah, I'll be giving it a few calcs and see how I roll with it - combining the skillset with a fitting Boon/Bane is the start, so I hope I have a combination that will work in my barracks ready to go. Like, Abel is one of the characters I look at and think "Man, I need to give you a role but what to do with you?" (Much like Jakob, Saizo, Laslow, Subaki, and several others I'm sure is escaping my menory (and before their refines, Odin and Cherche counted among them)).

I can relate to the busy schedule, our Election day is today, so there's lot of hubbub in my corner of the world, hence I've been battling a bit more sporadically than usual this VG. Keeping a close tab on the multipliers should see me through, at least it's "So far so good" on my overall rank. 

@mampfoid@Usana@Garlyle If you're all cool with it, I'd like your FCs for this last round as fellow Roy fans. I've currently got my main Roy as lead, but I can try and find something else if you need a specific color Unit. I'll edit my FC on here soon if you'd rather add me instead of the other way around, I just have to go somewhere my iPod has internet so I can actually dig my main account's FC back up.

@SoulWeaver Sure, just add me (BH!Roy lead, FC 5719621907). Fellow Roy supporters are always welcome. 

No trouble solving the color quests this time, you're free to keep your leading favorite unit. If you need other colors, I could offer Cordelia +10 or Cherche +10 (or other units with less merges). 

I swear, this game is taunting me.

All I need to complete the colorless quest is one colorless ally on my side. I get stuck with a shitload of reds, while my opponents almost always have one, maybe two, colorless on their team.

Fuck you too.

18 hours ago, Nanima said:

Second round, second loss. On one hand, I would love to have victory feathers even once in this mess of a mode. On the other, I actually like Ephraim and Veronica ticks me off for being "the required f2p pick, have fun clearing abyssal if you picked someone else and aren't a whale" with one of the smuggest fanbase in the making. Decisions, decisions...

Hey, I'm on Team Veronica because she showed up on the banner.  Please don't lump everyone together like that. :(:

Anyway, my deepest apologies to whoever got my lead unit.  I still stand by my decision that it was A Good Idea.