Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2018 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

What does after glow mean?

It means points earned during the previous hour but not accounted for until the next hour. It takes advantage of the fact that the timer before you can do the next battle starts counting the moment you start your current battle, but you have infinite time to complete the current battle.

Say you start a VG battle at 3:45, but just leave it open without completing it. (Completing it means selecting the number of flags to use) Then at 4:10 you finally complete that battle, and at this point the points your earned are added to the team total. Then at 4:15 you're already able to battle again. The net result is that you gain the same amount of total points over the two hours from 3:00 to 5:00, but most of the points are added during the 4:00 to 5:00 window. This is handy when there's a risk of overshooting during the 3:00 to 4:00 window.

23 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Holy crap Ephraim actually has a shot?

pretty much everyone has a double digit victory chance in this, unless of course one side has more than 8 times the other teams numbers

don't even need to use flags to catch up

33 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Holy crap Ephraim actually has a shot?

FUCK YEAH HE DOES!

HE GOT THE MULTIPLIER! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, HE ACTUALLY WON!!

We took down the evil, fellow Ephraim people! WE DID IT.

He actually picked a fight he could win, just as he says. XD

giphy.gif

WOO!! BOTH MY FAVORITE LORDS HAVE GAUNTLET VICTORIES NOW. :D

Edited by Anacybele

I suppose it is kind of "undeserved" but I think Ephraim deserved something after the poor dude was totally walloped by Lucina in the very first gauntlet and got defeated quickly in his second gauntlet appearance. xP

But man this was awesome for me! I got to see my favorite lords face off against one another AND see one win the whole thing! WOO!

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Ephraim has the last multiplier YES! He's on his way to joining his best friend Lyon in the male winners circle.

Did Lyon win?  I honestly don't even remember that one.

So Ike and Grima are the other Male winners?  I stopped really paying much attention since they started the stacking multiplier.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So Ike and Grima are the other Male winners?  I stopped really paying much attention since they started the stacking multiplier.

Yeah, he defeated L!Ephraim, L!Ike and lastly Hardin.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

Huh. I may be on team Ephraim, but we really didn't deserve to win against Veronica -- she had a bigger team consistently. But, you know, voting gauntlets suck. Sometimes the multiplier favors your team, sometimes it favors the other team. Sometimes it's an upset, sometimes it's not.

Either way, my condolences to team Veronica, especially since we didn't give you guys enough chances for multipliers either. They really need to fix this system, it's unfair that larger teams get a lower overall ranking because it's harder to rank, AND now there's a good chance they'll lose victory feathers, too.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I suppose it is kind of "undeserved" but I think Ephraim deserved something after the poor dude was totally walloped by Lucina in the very first gauntlet. xP

And then he got screwed over by his best friend. In all seriousness though, no one "deserves" to win the considering how it's handled. 

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

And then he got screwed over by his best friend. In all seriousness though, no one "deserves" to win the considering how it's handled. 

Yeah, very true. I don't even think this should be called a voting gauntlet anymore. It's not really voting.

... Actually, now that I think about it, Ephraim isn't actually guaranteed to win, is he? Female Corrin still lost despite having both the 7.4 and 7.5 multiplier.

Either way, I have absolutely no feelings for this shitstorm of a game mode.

Whoever has the bigger team is who deserves it, in my opinion. Multiplier victories are hollow ones in my eyes. This mode is still a popularity contest at heart, regardless of what IS and their multipliers has done to it.

(the mode's fundamentally flawed beyond fixing anyway, so I'd rather still have the fair but unbalanced popularity stomp outs so everyone can just get their feathers and go home till they hopefully replace this mode)

Edited by Alkaid

Another dirty victory, poor Veronica.  I guess it's not a Voting Gauntlet unless someone's getting screw over the multiplier.

Well, I'm not upset. Hard to care when all your characters already lost. Time to see if there's an outburst or not.

On 9/8/2018 at 11:48 PM, Garlyle said:

Actualy I am here for the coins, but feathers and orbs are welcome.

Those coins can be surprisingly scarce

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Lyon did indeed win. I forget if it was a clean victory or not since I just think the gauntlet is just dumb anyways.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Either way, my condolences to team Veronica, especially since we didn't give you guys enough chances for multipliers either. They really need to fix this system, it's unfair that larger teams get a lower overall ranking because it's harder to rank, AND now there's a good chance they'll lose victory feathers, too.

Or they could just replace it & have a better feature that gives out feathers, coins, stones, & orbs.

It's hard to imagine anyone actually cares about this mode.

Edited by Zangetsu

Just now, Alkaid said:

Whoever has the bigger team is who deserves it, in my opinion. Multiplier victories are hollow ones in my eyes. This mode is still a popularity contest at heart, regardless of what IS and their multipliers has done to it.

It really shouldn't be a popularity contest though. Because way more often than not, just as how the VG first started, the winners would be too obvious and make the whole thing boring. That's why the multipliers were added in the first place. And then it no longer really was a popularity contest, so it really should be renamed.

Just now, Jave said:

Only way to properly enjoy Voting Gauntlet is to pick a favorite and just stick for the prizes. This isn't a competition. It's a roll of the dice.

Yeah, but if I want to play a game by rolling dice, I'd just stick to D&D. Which is a lot more interesting than Heroes.

Edited by Sunwoo

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Welp, another undeserved multiplier victory it seems.

Ephraim winning is stupid and should not have happened.

Then again, this whole mode is stupid and should not have happened, so whatever.

Congrats to team Ephraim anyway.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

First two gauntlets still keep a place in my heart for being fair. Did Sharena have a chance of beating Lucina? Hell no. Didn’t stop her from showing second-best performance in the first round.

Did Minerva have a chance of beating Camilla? Hell no. Still, doing so well fot a relatively obscure character is an amazing feat.

The multipliers turned this into a yawn-inducing see-saw of not playing the game. Literally what.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

First two gauntlets still keep a place in my heart for being fair. Did Sharena have a chance of beating Lucina? Hell no. Didn’t stop her from showing second-best performance in the first round.

Did Minerva have a chance of beating Camilla? Hell no. Still, doing so well fot a relatively obscure character is an amazing feat.

The multipliers turned this into a yawn-inducing see-saw of not playing the game. Literally what.

I think technically, the little sisters gauntlet and the mages gauntlet didn't have any upsets either. So yeah, they had multipliers but there were no upsets so things didn't really change.

Summer Gaius upsetting his way into the finals was probably when it began.