Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2018 at 05:00 AM

I'm pretty sure a lot of us Veronica players had 400 flags for this last hour, given the incredible lack of multipliers this whole gauntlet lol.  Turnout may be surprising.

I think at this point the biggest change I'd like to see to this mode is a removal of the score posting every hour.  I'd like to see the score only posted at the end, when a victor is determined.  Implement a new system that gives players an indication who is "ahead", but isn't clear by how much they are.  This to me would at least give a better illusion of "Maybe we can catch up! Let's rally harder!"  Also, multipliers need to go, as they've consistently killed my drive to be remotely interested in this mode outside of rewards and really ruins the whole "popularity" part of this event.  I say this as someone who loves less popular characters, because victories with those characters via multiplier doesn't feel like a victory to me.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This would be a good idea, yeah. I do think the cap is too high, and I also think the threshold for when it gets triggered is too small. It should go back to the 10% threshold. Or if not, maybe 5%.

I am not sure about the threshold, 10% seemed a bit too wide I think. However, the current 1% is rather thin. I would certainly be willing to try it at 5% and see what it changes.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick's not popular. He's just "there" for a lot of people. He's not liked much nor disliked. I'll always love him lots, but yeah. I never expected him to be in many gauntlets either way. He was in one, btw, the summer one. He just got very narrowly screwed by Gaius.

Oh, shows how much of a joke summer gauntlet was that it got subconsciously stricken from my memory.

Now I remember the outrage from Gaius having knocked out Frederick and Leo by the grace of a bullshit mechanic.

Thank goodness, actual point of the mode prevailed in the end.

Really, the worst thing about the mode is that it's basically non-content. The simple 3v3 matches are nothing. The main "content" for VG is actually reading the forums.

At least TT and GC there's something to actually play.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, shows how much of a joke summer gauntlet was that it got subconsciously stricken from my memory.

Now I remember the outrage from Gaius having knocked out Frederick and Leo by the grace of a bullshit mechanic.

Thank goodness, actual point of the mode prevailed in the end.

I was surprised to see that Frederick's team was bigger though, and pleased. I remembered Gaius generally being more popular. I guess maybe over time, people just started liking Frederick a bit more? He is also pretty dang good in Heroes and has lots of funny moments in every game he's been in.

Edited by Anacybele

Uggh. . . trying to get last minute battles in is kind of annoying.

I almost didn't make it because the enemies were refusing to run in and suicide on A.Tiki. They just kept moving around each other and coming in one at a time drawing the match out a few extra moments. I would have had plenty of time but my phone sat at match in 0 minutes for ages on the first battle this hour so my second match was at :58 instead of :51. Yeesh.

Total Rank 18148
Rank in Army 8752(I climbed up and got extra feathers! Yay!)

And Ephraim won by less than 2%. Bleh.

Edited by Usana

Veronica pulled a lot of points the last hour, but it wasn't quite enough to beat another multiplier. Oh well, I ranked pretty low too since all but 1 multiplier happened while I was asleep this round.

Well, overall not the worst week I've ever had with VGs. As for the obligatory screw-this-mode-I-hate-its-guts thing everyone seems to feel obligated to do, I've still yet to have a Gauntlet I wasn't satisfied with my Round 1 chosen character's performance in - and I'm one of the dudes who obstinately backed Roy knowing his win chance was slim even with the Multiplier. To be honest, I think both of Roy's rounds were the best rounds in each of their respective Gauntlets - we freaking almost beat Ike, and I didn't hear anyone from either team complaining for any reason, and I saw roughly the same from Ephraim's battle.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick's not popular. He's just "there" for a lot of people. He's not liked much nor disliked. I'll always love him lots, but yeah. I never expected him to be in many gauntlets either way. He was in one, btw, the summer one. He just got very narrowly screwed by Gaius.

I don't know what you're talking about Frederick is one of the most overall popular Awakening character

No, victory feathers. Let's see if people are more mad at the feature or the character.

How exactly many points did Veronica get last hour without the multiplier?  It looks like it was more the Ephraim got some hours with the multiplier.

3 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

And yes, Spring Kagero vs Alphonse remains the only one where the 7.5 multiplier failed  to secure a victory,  AFAIK.

Ninian and female Corrin.

EDIT: Also, Gaius and summer Corrin, although the threshold for that was different.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

How exactly many points did Veronica get last hour without the multiplier?  It looks like it was more the Ephraim got some hours with the multiplier.

The spreadsheet dealio is saying 1,318,077,916. Which is higher than his 5.7 multiplier.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I don't know what you're talking about Frederick is one of the most overall popular Awakening character

But he's not? He scored middling results on the first CYL and poorly on the second. Awakening's most popular characters are mostly female IIRC. Chrom, Robin, Lon'qu... I guess Gaius? He's not really popular anymore though.

8 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

....What? Last I checked, Frederick was 14th in the Awakening popularity poll for guys and that's not even factoring in the girls. I don't consider that "one of the most popular overall" at all.

Fire_Emblem_Heroes_2018-09-11-00-04-591.

I have to show this for all us Ephraim fans to be proud of! He finally got some glory in this after getting walloped in his first appearance and then screwed in round one in his second one! <3

@AbsoluteZer0Nova I know, right? :D

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

It was quite close despite the 7.5 rubber band. Meh, feedback sent. VG and the disaster known as Relay Defense should both be scrapped entirely. 

I miss my Rival Domains.

4 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

But he's not? He scored middling results on the first CYL and poorly on the second. Awakening's most popular characters are mostly female IIRC. Chrom, Robin, Lon'qu... I guess Gaius? He's not really popular anymore though.

Well if we're going off the CYL then by that logic Surtur is the most popular male antagonist that's not BK.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

....What? Last I checked, Frederick was 14th in the Awakening popularity poll for guys and that's not even factoring in the girls. I don't consider that "one of the most popular overall" at all.

Fire_Emblem_Heroes_2018-09-11-00-04-591.

I have to show this for all us Ephraim fans to be proud of! He finally got some glory in this after getting walloped in his first appearance and then screwed in round one in his second one! <3

You actually care about this mode?