Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2018 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GGs to Team Ephraim, didn't think you had it in you. Definitely regret joining Veronica for round 2. I just don't have the sort of schedule where I can check my phone every waking hour to catch those multipliers.

But then I remember some choice words I got from my new pal the other day

Had to work, so my ranking took a giant hit.  But that's okay, because I got to play with better Veronicas than mine.  Leon's back as my lead, now that I'm not supporting a colorless unit!  But if anyone wants one of my silly builds, feel free to ask~!

Edited by eclipse

Okay, did not expect that result! I'm happy though. Ephraim was my favourite from this gauntlet, so I was with him through it all. Veronica really should have won, though. I didn't think even the multipliers would do it.

It did bring luck for me, though, since my first pull this morning was the Lewyn I had been searching for :D

I'm salty for only ONE reason. Some people in team Ephraim we're insulting Team Veronica. I'm okay with Ephraim winning this gauntlet, but don't insult.

I'm happy for your winning, and I always am when someone is happy, even if it's not me. But please be cool with everyone, FEH is a great game, and I think that we can all be happy without hurting others.

5 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Hooray, Ephriam beat the dumb loli! Hooray! 

Anyways, I’m really curious about what Feh said on the message board

"Dumb loli" is not cool. Even if you're joking, I think it's not funny anymore after the 1xxxth time.

Edited by Drakhis

That's surprised me! Ephraim's Luck saved him.

The thing that decided this Voting Gauntlet was that "Same" round. If we didn't have a "Same" round, Veronica would get the final multiplier.

At least I am not salty. Both Team Veronica and Team Ephraim did their best, but luck was the main key to Ephraim's victory.

Congratulations to all Ephraim fans. Enjoy yours 500 feathers.

This gauntlet was leaning in my favor. Though Ike's my favorite out of those listed, Hector and Ephraim are my other favorites. Before Heroes was a thing, I remember thinking "if I could assemble my favorite units into a team, it'd be Ike, Hector, and Ephraim for weapon triangle dominance." So, I was pretty happy when I heard about Heroes. I was on Team Ike until he lost, then I happily hopped over to Ephraim. "I do not pick fights I cannot win" comes to mind. It was a nice, underdog victory. ^_^ Good job, everyone who participated!

10 hours ago, Nanima said:

It was mostly due to Phoenixmaster's guide which allowed a lot of F2P players to clear the Abyssal maps. Those without Veronica didn't really have much of a chance at clearing it (though I heard rumours of being able to clear it with other healers but I didn't have the seals to confirm their claims). That's where I mostly encountered comments of that nature, about how people should have waited and seen the signs that Veronica would be like BraveLyn, i.e. the unit used in all the guides. Which is a bit unfair to people who really want to pick their fave. I get that sometimes you need certain kinds of units for certain kinds of challenges, but to limit it to one specific unit that not everyone is going to have is a bit dumb. There probably are ways to clear it as a F2P with no merges and without using Veronica, but it's difficult to do so when LHBs are as time limited as they are.

I see. But yeah, it's still not fair to those who just wanted their fav and don't care about Veronica. Isn't this game basically about building up your favorite characters and using them?

9 hours ago, XRay said:

You can pick who ever you want and manage your Barracks however you wish, but keep in mind that players who spend little to no money have to manage their resources more carefully. And sometimes, even if a free player manages their resources the best they can, they cannot have it all without spending real cash.

While a lot of players rushed to pick their favorites in CYL2, a lot of other players also learned their lesson from CYL1 and refrained from making rash choices and waited instead. The Focus is not going anywhere in the foreseeable future, so it does not hurt to see if there are difficult content coming up that may require a specific Hero.

Yeah, but like I said, what if you don't care about Veronica, like I don't? What if you have other healers you like more and built up? Should those just go to waste? Like I said above, this game is about building up your favorites.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but like I said, what if you don't care about Veronica, like I don't? What if you have other healers you like more and built up? Should those just go to waste? Like I said above, this game is about building up your favorites.

You do not have to pick them, but you also should not expect things to be easy without them. You cannot have it both ways unless you spend more money.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

You do not have to pick them, but you also should not expect things to be easy without them. You cannot have it both ways unless you spend more money.

The other CYL units are very good too, if not better than Veronica. Why shouldn't they make things easier too though? I should expect things to still be just fine no matter who I picked. I shouldn't be forced to pick one over the others because one was made better. They should all be usable for these challenges.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The other CYL units are very good too, if not better than Veronica. Why shouldn't they make things easier too though? I should expect things to still be just fine no matter who I picked. I shouldn't be forced to pick one over the others because one was made better. They should all be usable for these challenges.

Armor units are honestly crap for GHBs and LHBs with the proliferation of armor effective Weapons wielded by the AI. Armor units simply do not have the mobility to avoid them, and they also do not have the stats to tank them either on higher difficulties with the bull shit stat inflation. You can run Svalinn Shield, but that would negatively impact their performance against other units.

AOTB!Veronica is great because she has high mobility and can put your units on more even ground by debuffing the bull shit enemy stats and buffing her allies' stats

Edited by XRay

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

Armor units are honestly crap for GHBs and LHBs with the proliferation of armor effective Weapons wielded by the AI. Armor units simply do not have the mobility to avoid them, and they also do not have the stats to tank them either on higher difficulties with the bull shit stat inflation. You can run Svalinn Shield, but that would negatively impact their performance against other units.

AOTB!Veronica is great because she has high mobility and can put your units on more even ground by debuffing the bull shit enemy stats and buffing her allies' stats

A lot of units in GHBs and LHBs have horse-effective weapons too, usually wielded by other horses who would have the same movement as Veronica. So I don't see your point.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A lot of units in GHBs and LHBs have horse-effective weapons too, usually wielded by other horses who would have the same movement as Veronica. So I don't see your point.

Veronica can avoid those and engage in combat against them without fear of counter attacks.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The vast majority of armors are melee units and therefore take hits from opponents carrying armor-effective weapons.

Cavalry have a decent split between melee and ranged units, meaning you have an easier time avoiding having to take a hit by simply using a unit that the opponent cannot counter against (because PvE enemies do not use Distant Counter or Close Counter unless the character has it naturally).

Cavalry also have higher movement range, meaning you can take the initiative against opponents with effective weapons rather than allowing them to initiate combat.

Basically, cavalry have an advantage in PvE maps because they allow you to engage in combat on your own terms more easily. Armors have an advantage in the Arena where they provide higher score gains and are better at singles combat.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The vast majority of armors are melee units and therefore take hits from opponents carrying armor-effective weapons.

Cavalry have a decent split between melee and ranged units, meaning you have an easier time avoiding having to take a hit by simply using a unit that the opponent cannot counter against (because PvE enemies do not use Distant Counter or Close Counter unless the character has it naturally).

Cavalry also have higher movement range, meaning you can take the initiative against opponents with effective weapons rather than allowing them to initiate combat.

Basically, cavalry have an advantage in PvE maps because they allow you to engage in combat on your own terms more easily. Armors have an advantage in the Arena where they provide higher score gains and are better at singles combat.

Okay, but that still doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to use healers or horse units other than Veronica in these things.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, but that still doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to use healers or horse units other than Veronica in these things.

Other staff cavalry cannot do what AOTB!Veronica does. They cannot address the bull shit stats.

You can use other staff ponies, but they are not going to be as good as Veronica, and you most likely cannot use the same tactics either since lowering the stat gap by 8 Atk/Spd/Def/Res is a pretty big deal.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Veronica comes with both Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff (on her weapon) by default. All other staff units with access to both without Skill Inheritance are 5-star exclusives and not free units (Genny, Bride Lyn, Maribelle).

Veronica also has a unique weapon with an effect that cannot be duplicated by a different unit.

This doesn't mean you can't substitute another unit in for Veronica, but it means you need to know exactly what Veronica is doing and whether another unit can do enough to mimic her role.

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

Other staff cavalry cannot do what AOTB!Veronica does. They cannot address the bull shit stats.

You can use other staff ponies, but they are not going to be as good as Veronica, and you most likely cannot use the same tactics either since lowering the stat gap by 8 Atk/Spd/Def/Res is a pretty big deal.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Veronica comes with both Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff (on her weapon) by default. All other staff units with access to both without Skill Inheritance are 5-star exclusives and not free units (Genny, Bride Lyn, Maribelle).

Veronica also has a unique weapon with an effect that cannot be duplicated by a different unit.

This doesn't mean you can't substitute another unit in for Veronica, but it means you need to know exactly what Veronica is doing and whether another unit can do enough to mimic her role.

Which is fucking stupid bullshit imo. Not everyone cares about or wants to use Veronica. To me she's nothing but a stupid unlikable spoiled brat, so I have no desire to use her or have to use her in anything. Sorry, it just frustrates me that IS is trying to force people to use her in a game where we should be able to clear things with whoever we want with the right setups.

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, it just frustrates me that IS is trying to force people to use her in a game where we should be able to clear things with whoever we want with the right setups.

Intelligent Systems is doing players a huge favor for making her free to tackle difficult content without spending as much money.

Players cannot have everything without spending enough money, so if you want to collect your favorites and have an easy time clearing difficult content, you will have to pay up. You cannot have it both ways for free.

Intelligent Systems could have not given us a free summon at all and make us pay for both ease of clearing content and collecting favorites.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Intelligent Systems is doing players a huge favor for making her free to tackle difficult content without spending as much money.

Players cannot have everything without spending enough money, so if you want to collect your favorites and have an easy time clearing difficult content, you will have to pay up. You cannot have it both ways for free.

Intelligent Systems could have not given us a free summon at all and make us pay for both ease of clearing content and collecting favorites.

They also offered three other choices for free, they could've been just as useful too, you know.

51 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Which is fucking stupid bullshit imo. Not everyone cares about or wants to use Veronica. To me she's nothing but a stupid unlikable spoiled brat, so I have no desire to use her or have to use her in anything. Sorry, it just frustrates me that IS is trying to force people to use her in a game where we should be able to clear things with whoever we want with the right setups.

Not everyone yes, but many peoples wanted her to be powerful. It reminds me Lewyn and Hector. If you want to complain about her, complain about them too. Hector is for arena what Veronica is for PvE.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They also offered three other choices for free, they could've been just as useful too, you know.

They are as useful as her, but not in the same game mode.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yes, for a gatcha game, they are really gentle.

Edited by Drakhis