Diovani Bressan

August/September Event Schedule!

Recommended Posts

Hello Summoners! After the new update from yesterday, a new Event Schedule was released! Let's analyse what's coming to Fire Emblem Heroes!

aug-sept-event-calendar.thumb.png.c1c0d9e910bbebc3fd7c46e08fa957e0.png

Let's start with the summoning Focus Banners:

Today (08/10): "Festival in Hoshido" is available right now! Xander, Elincia, Ryoma and Micaiah are ready to celebrate this Summer in style! Lady Luck blessed me with a +Atk Xander, but cursed me with a Def Bane... Oh well...

Heroes with Draconic Aura (08/16): This is a interesting banner. There are a lot of heroes with Draconic Aura as Special Skill, but if we limit to only 5* exclusives, we have... a lot of heroes... Alm, Dorcas, Female Kana, Karla and Brave Lyn are the 5* heroes if this skill, so they can appear in this banner.

Micaiah & Sothe BHB Banner (08/20): If you din't get Micaiah in the Distant Def Banner, don't worry! She is returning, with Sothe and a 3rd hero! Zelgius and Ike are my choices for the 3rd unit.

New Heroes (08/21): New Heroes are coming too, with a new story chapter! We'll have a GHB too, probably related to the banner. Who can be?!

Heroes with Healing Skills (08/26): Another surprised! My votes are for only colorless staff units, and only 5* exclusives. I believe we'll have Elise, Genny and Maribell in this banner. All 3 units are really good units. I'm not considering Heroes with Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid, because they are considered "HP Transfer" skills.

Legendary Hero (08/28): A new red Legendary Hero is coming, with Fjorm, Gunnthrá and Female Grima too! Who will be the next hero? I don't kow. He/she can be related to the New Heroes banner or not...

Heroes with Fury (09/06): We enter in September with a new skill banner. If we consider only the 5* exclusive heroes, Chrom, Eldigan and Myrrh are good candidates for the banner. i believe Myrrh is guaranteed to return.

New Heroes (09/07): This is it! The banner we are waiting since February. CYL 2 is coming! I am 99,9% sure this is the CYL banner. Why? I am sure IS will not release the CYL banner with both seasonal and legendary heroes banners. in September 7th, both banner are out, and Brave Heroes will be the thing. Also, we will probably have the next version update in this date. And there is another event that made me thing this is the CYL banner: A Voting Gauntlet starting in September 5th. Last year we had a VG with all top 4 male and female heroes from CYL1, so this will probably happens again this year, with a banner with really good units too. With the VG, we'll have a log-in bonus and with it the banner, so we'll have the CYL 2 Feh Channel before September 1st! Yay

The GHB will happens some days before the "possible CYL banner". Can, for some reason, get Veronica in this GHB? If we get the CYL 2 VG, Veronica will miss the bonus points from using the unit in battle. Can IS give us Original Veronica before the Brave Heroes Banner?! Very unlikely, but is a possibility.

I only analysed the banner, but there are some events and quests too!

Well... that's all. Feel free to comment what are your opinions about this schedule.

Accessory_Feh_Doll.png.a1170a99f5bcbae95290c29173ebf801.pngMy feathery body is ready for all this events!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Heroes with Healing Skills (08/26):

Breath of Life banner confirmed. Another chance for me to not get Julia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Breath of Life banner confirmed. Another chance for me to not get Julia.

Oh, that's true! I forgot about Breath of Life skill! Julia and Young Tiki are new possibilities now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Breath of Life banner confirmed. Another chance for me to not get Julia.

Hey at least Linde could be back! She has healing in her unrefined   weapon!

What if Sanaki comes as the 3rd unit for the Micaiah and Sothe BHB? Could be a possibility but I guess Zelgius is the more wanted choice due to his premiumness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hey at least Linde could be back! She has healing in her unrefined   weapon!

What if Sanaki comes as the 3rd unit for the Micaiah and Sothe BHB? Could be a possibility but I guess Zelgius is the more wanted choice due to his premiumness. 

Sanaki is a good choice too. For some reason we got Kagero in Corrin & Azura BHB...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still say CYL is is the 8/21 banner.

Notably, it's unusually long for a New Heroes banner. The GHB is probably Marth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, quite a bit going on this month.

New Heroes. Can’t fall behind. Learned that one the hard way with Flying Nino.

If the third hero on M&S is Sanaki (missing in catalog) or Zelgius (going for a merge or two), I’m going in.

If Myrrh is on Fury, and Bartre isn’t, I’m going in. A +10 for the Earth Season Arena Core, with Shigure and F!Grima.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C'mon finally give me a personally exciting 2/3rds minimum New Heroes banner to finally bite into for the one that is on there that isn't CYL. No whammalts no whammalts no whammalts (or Karla things) -stop!

*Mia alt falls on my face rear first* (No offense to her fans.) Eugh. I'll just have to try again later, but I'll be back for sure, as I always do.

 

As for the GHB, well between Kana and sorta Fobin (Grima reference or not, who can be exactly sure?), having characters who aren't ever baddies as GHB is kinda possible. Although I would prefer if Brave Marth if the GHB was in some way thematically villainous. Maybe Gharnef got him with the Darksphere or something. Of course, I don't think Marth fans and others wanted him to get a Brave alt so badly, only to turn out the alt is of him suffering. So if Brarth is the GHB, he'll probably be a happy guy.

 

Edit: In a token show of fairness, may the next non-CYL banner be Binding Blade. That is all.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Well, quite a bit going on this month.

New Heroes. Can’t fall behind. Learned that one the hard way with Flying Nino.

If the third hero on M&S is Sanaki (missing in catalog) or Zelgius (going for a merge or two), I’m going in.

If Myrrh is on Fury, and Bartre isn’t, I’m going in. A +10 for the Earth Season Arena Core, with Shigure and F!Grima.

Sanaki would make sense.

Chrom/Eldigan/Myrrh feels like a pretty safe bet for Fury. As far as I can tell, the last "Heroes with" banner that passed up on any 5* exclusives that would fit the theme in favor of lower-rarity ones is the Death Blow banner rerunning today, which was originally from September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm torn, I really want seasonal micaiah, but I need myrrhges, I already have a +2 micaiah and zelgius, meanwhile myrrh and mist are sitting at +0.

as for CYL, I really don't care, I will probably just take the free celica or ephraim and leave it at that and if you want to say that they may not do that, I doubt that IS is dumb enough to not give us a free one again, there would be quite a few complaints about that one.

also, I'm gonna call it, legendary micaiah this month, the tempest trial is RD themed, specifically relating to micaiah, we also have a sothe and micaiah BHB, of course there is also the new micaiah alt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, that's true! I forgot about Breath of Life skill! Julia and Young Tiki are new possibilities now.

You've also forgotten about Renewal, granted the only 5-star-exclusive character in the normal pool with that skill is green Olwen.

Falchion and Mist Breath are also technically healing skills, though that only adds Alm.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess these 2 new banner will be another skip banners...
My hope for Rinkah is not that huge. =x Insys will sneak around her anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little torn. Part of me would like to get more merges for Micaiah, but another part of me wants to start properly saving orbs incase a Begnion Zelgius comes out at some point in the future. I'm starting to lean towards the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Othin said:

I still say CYL is is the 8/21 banner.

Notably, it's unusually long for a New Heroes banner. The GHB is probably Marth.

I agree, I'm inclined to think the 8/21 New Heroes banner is the more likely one of the two to be CYL 2. It's 3 weeks instead of 2, and there are lots of events around it to give us a healthy stash of orbs, including Feh's Summer Celebration. But it's plausible that the other banner is CYL, and it's also totally possible that both of these are just faking us out and that CYL is coming later in September or October.

If the 8/21 banner is CYL, that would give time for a good Voting Gauntlet theme: this year's CYL versus last year's. The later banner could also be Farfetched Heroes 2. Or something random -- who knows!

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

C'mon finally give me a personally exciting 2/3rds minimum New Heroes banner to finally bite into for the one that is on there that isn't CYL. No whammalts no whammalts no whammalts (or Karla things) -stop!

*Mia alt falls on my face rear first* (No offense to her fans.) Eugh. I'll just have to try again later, but I'll be back for sure, as I always do.

Mia could use an alt, and I'm happy that Tellius characters are finally getting at least a little more attention. That said, I'm looking forward to CYL, so I'd like it if Mia could spare my orbs and hold off on having an alt for a bit.

But I agree that Binding Blade could use more representation too, it's been awhile since they've seen any love. Milady when?

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

also, I'm gonna call it, legendary micaiah this month, the tempest trial is RD themed, specifically relating to micaiah, we also have a sothe and micaiah BHB, of course there is also the new micaiah alt.

I hope it's not Legendary Micaiah this month, since she just got the new alt, and that banner would overlap with the current one. My intuition tells me that IS has more sense than to do that.

Now, despite the two Tellius characters on the banner, this technically is a "Hoshidan Festival." With that in mind, I imagine that the TT is Birthright themed, and I'll offer the guess that the Legendary Hero is Corrin. We also have the BHB Revival featuring Corrin and Azura to bolster that impression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for the GHB, well between Kana and sorta Fobin (Grima reference or not, who can be exactly sure?), having characters who aren't ever baddies as GHB is kinda possible. Although I would prefer if Brave Marth if the GHB was in some way thematically villainous. Maybe Gharnef got him with the Darksphere or something. Of course, I don't think Marth fans and others wanted him to get a Brave alt so badly, only to turn out the alt is of him suffering. So if Brarth is the GHB, he'll probably be a happy guy.

Even if I don't think he'll be a GHB, I'm all for corrupted Marth. It could have happened if he never managed to escape Altea when it was invaded, or if he was forced into a political marriage with Nyna. Then again, I'll take anything with Marth, hahah.

 

I'm hoping that one of the new heroes banners is either Archanea or Valentia, though a Binding Blade banner would be nice. I'm mainly just curious about what they're gonna do with Marth for CYL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

C'mon finally give me a personally exciting 2/3rds minimum New Heroes banner to finally bite into for the one that is on there that isn't CYL. No whammalts no whammalts no whammalts (or Karla things) -stop!

 

Why only 2? That's a disappointing number of new heroes. Karla was a great addition considering how obscure characters are generally ignored so her being on the banner was a good thing as it shows IS is willing to take risks by adding not so popular characters to the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Astellius said:

Now, despite the two Tellius characters on the banner, this technically is a "Hoshidan Festival." With that in mind, I imagine that the TT is Birthright themed, and I'll offer the guess that the Legendary Hero is Corrin. We also have the BHB Revival featuring Corrin and Azura to bolster that impression.

the tempest trial is literally called "chaos named", that was the name of the part 4 prologue in radiant dawn, that has nothing to do with fates, let alone hoshido.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Forging Bonds event should feature the 8/21 heroes, which makes me think it's less likely to be CYL2.

2 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

the tempest trial is literally called "chaos named", that was the name of the part 4 prologue in radiant dawn, that has nothing to do with fates, let alone hoshido.

I wonder what role the title character will play?

Edited by Baldrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Why only 2? That's a disappointing number of new heroes. Karla was a great addition considering how obscure characters are generally ignored so her being on the banner was a good thing as it shows IS is willing to take risks by adding not so popular characters to the game. 

If she was... lets say Vaida or Isadora (women who I don't think are really popular in FE7), or Geitz or Renault to pick rather lesser males off the top of my head, I'd be willing to believe that. 

However, Karla wasn't quite added because she isn't popular, but for two other reasons I and others are inclined to believe:

  1. Family reunification- Karla is Karel's sister, Bartre's wife, and Fir's mother. Not a bad reason, it just isn't reason that is by virtue of unpopularity.
  2. The second, more cynical reason, to put it in vulgar terms, is she is a smokin' hot sword babe, given a crazy statline to really appeal to those otakus willing to spend real money on sexy pixels and broken gameplay goodness. And to return to the stats in FEH, IS has mixed record on matching these to the base games, and Karla is certainly in the not true to their original selves camp. Even at 20/20 she doesn't break 20 Str, nor cap Skl or Spd even despite being a Swordmaster.

As for settling for 2/3, that is me being realistic. Getting a banner that is 3/3 or 3/4 or 4/4 perfect in terms of characters one likes/would summon for isn't very likely, at least to me.

 

@Astellius I'd be okay with a Mia seasonal alt, her vibrancy would be suited for a fun time. I just don't want her swiping a New Heroes slot.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If she was... lets say Vaida or Isadora (women who I don't think are really popular in FE7), or Geitz or Renault to pick rather lesser males off the top of my head, I'd be willing to believe that. 

However, Karla wasn't quite added because she isn't popular, but for two other reasons I and others are inclined to believe:

  1. Family reunification- Karla is Karel's sister, Bartre's wife, and Fir's mother. Not a bad reason, it just isn't reason that is by virtue of unpopularity.
  2. The second, more cynical reason, to put it in vulgar terms, is she is a smokin' hot sword babe, given a crazy statline to really appeal to those otakus willing to spend real money on sexy pixels and broken gameplay goodness. And to return to the stats in FEH, IS has mixed record on matching these to the base games, and Karla is certainly in the not true to their original selves camp. Even at 20/20 she doesn't break 20 Str, nor cap Skl or Spd even despite being a Swordmaster.

As for settling for 2/3, that is me being realistic. Getting a banner that is 3/3 or 3/4 or 4/4 perfect in terms of characters one likes/would summon for isn't very likely, at least to me.

 

@Astellius I'd be okay with a Mia seasonal alt, her vibrancy would be suited for a fun time. I just don't want her swiping a New Heroes slot.

What would be your opinion if Vaida was on that banner instead of alt Nino and non Black Fang Karla? 

Of course I'm not saying she was added because she wasn't popular but it goes to show IS is willing to add unpopular characters like her and Legault but only if there's an alt to sell the banner. 

I would judge the quality of a banner based on whether the units in question aren't alts or not as opposed to whether I like them or not. Asking for 2 non alt characters on a banner is too little. 

What is your opinion on getting Light Sage and Light Priestess Micaiah in the game? Unlike most alts, those are canonical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If she was... lets say Vaida or Isadora (women who I don't think are really popular in FE7), or Geitz or Renault to pick rather lesser males off the top of my head, I'd be willing to believe that. 

However, Karla wasn't quite added because she isn't popular, but for two other reasons I and others are inclined to believe:

  1. Family reunification- Karla is Karel's sister, Bartre's wife, and Fir's mother. Not a bad reason, it just isn't reason that is by virtue of unpopularity.
  2. The second, more cynical reason, to put it in vulgar terms, is she is a smokin' hot sword babe, given a crazy statline to really appeal to those otakus willing to spend real money on sexy pixels and broken gameplay goodness. And to return to the stats in FEH, IS has mixed record on matching these to the base games, and Karla is certainly in the not true to their original selves camp. Even at 20/20 she doesn't break 20 Str, nor cap Skl or Spd even despite being a Swordmaster.

As for settling for 2/3, that is me being realistic. Getting a banner that is 3/3 or 3/4 or 4/4 perfect in terms of characters one likes/would summon for isn't very likely, at least to me.

 

@Astellius I'd be okay with a Mia seasonal alt, her vibrancy would be suited for a fun time. I just don't want her swiping a New Heroes slot.

I think a lot of people were expecting Karla to have tons of Res and HP to mimic Karel (with the latter) and to make her other stats lower (the former)... In the end we only ended up with the high HP XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

What would be your opinion if Vaida was on that banner instead of alt Nino and non Black Fang Karla? 

Vaida has some rather bad supports in FE7, but beyond that I'd be perfectly fine with her. Of course, she wouldn't sell Orbs like Nino, the two near opposites- one is sweet and young, the other is abrasive and relatively old.

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I would judge the quality of a banner based on whether the units in question aren't alts or not as opposed to whether I like them or not. Asking for 2 non alt characters on a banner is too little. 

Oh I certainly don't want alts on New Heroes banners, particularly those with a wafer-thin excuse. They are automatic dislikes for me. And 2 of three is the better half of the usual New Heroes banner releases nowadays.

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

What is your opinion on getting Light Sage and Light Priestess Micaiah in the game? Unlike most alts, those are canonical. 

I'd be fine with them, they do represent her rise as a character, and the change of clothing is pretty. Light Priestess, being Micaiah at her pinnacle of power in RD, sounds perfect for a Legendary Hero.

Light Sage is stuck in a limbo of sorts. It isn't her default Light Mage self, the one that is shown off the most, nor is it her ultimate self- Light Priestess. It's the puberty Micaiah, the mid-evolution to speak in Pokemon terms, it is the awkward self. Everyone loves Mudkip and Swampert, but Marshtomp is that strange thing in the middle nobody cares to remember.

Ike has the same issue twice, partly with Hero Ike, since we already have Vanguard as Legendary (which would suggest LP Micaiah for her Legendary version). But at least Hero Ike is his default self in RD. Lord Ike has it the worst, since it is ultimate PoR Ike, which is ultimately not very ultimate due to RD giving him a ne plus ultra upgrade that indisputably is more powerful than Lord Ike.

This said, I think there is the possibility of Light Sage Micaiah, as well as Lord Ike, it just won't happen for a while, more than a year I would think. Of course, IS could befuddle me wrong. (Regal Sword instead of Ragnell for Loike please, Ettard instead of Ragnell for Heike, and do give one of the Micaiahs a Staff.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like my feelings are super mixed on how much I want "unpopular" characters versus "relatively popular characters not yet in the game", and I think the direction the game has been going in lately has only itself to blame for that.

Back when the game started, getting obscure or seemingly random characters like the Dire siblings, Eldigan, or Sanaki was nice because there was an underlying belief that aside from seasonal or special banners they'd be constantly adding new characters into the game. By that respect, getting a popular character who wasn't in the game yet felt like an inevitability, and any "unpopular" character who got added wouldn't really delay their appearance by a lot. Villainous characters being GHB units was also nice because at the time it felt like the best way of getting villains into the game in a timely manner.

Fast forward to this year. We've had way too many non-seasonal alts taking up spots on new heroes banners. The average number of characters on new heroes banners is now 3 as opposed to 4. (Yes, I know this makes it easier to pull for specific units, but it still gets people in slower.) There has been a growing trend of making the male units, even popular ones, mediocre tempest trial units while female characters who may not be as popular as the guy get super powerful personal weapons they've never had before and really OP skills and stats. And I think that's the problem.

Canas and Karla is just the most egregious example I can think of, but Finn was also cheated out of a banner spot (and likely a personal weapon, since Reinhardt never had a personal brave sword). Much as I like Olwen, was she even more popular than Finn? It's not that I don't want unpopular characters to get into the game -- my favorite character is Tormod, after all. But it's not like all unpopular characters have an equal shot at being added. And it's also hard to not get salty when a character like Karla gets added as an OP unit while more popular characters like Pent, Louise, Rath, and Nils are still waiting.

Basically, new heroes banners have become much less interesting than before.

Edited by Sunwoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

And it's also hard to not get salty when a character like Karla gets added as an OP unit while more popular characters like Pent, Louise, Rath, and Nils are still waiting.

I’m personally still baffled at how ho-hum they made Marisa but then go and make a monster out of Karla, a character with only a fraction of Marisa’s popularity. Actually, just make it everything concerning Marisa’s implementation in FEH that utterly baffles me with the hindsight we have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.