August/September Event Schedule!

Diovani Bressan

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I’m personally still baffled at how ho-hum they made Marisa but then go and make a monster out of Karla, a character with only a fraction of Marisa’s popularity. Actually, just make it everything concerning Marisa’s implementation in FEH that utterly baffles me with the hindsight we have now.

Oh yeah, that is also a thing. Marisa was implemented around January, wasn't she? I think she was released around the same time that the Sacred Memories banner dropped, but that was pretty early on into the alt-storm if I'm not remembering wrong.

I'm not sure whether it's preferable to get Marisa as a free unit that you're guaranteed to get, or as a 5-star exclusive that one may not be guaranteed to get. But I wouldn't be surprised if some of her fans are a bit irritated that Karla got preferential treatment over her even though Marisa is more popular.

19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh yeah, that is also a thing. Marisa was implemented around January, wasn't she? I think she was released around the same time that the Sacred Memories banner dropped, but that was pretty early on into the alt-storm if I'm not remembering wrong.

I'm not sure whether it's preferable to get Marisa as a free unit that you're guaranteed to get, or as a 5-star exclusive that one may not be guaranteed to get. But I wouldn't be surprised if some of her fans are a bit irritated that Karla got preferential treatment over her even though Marisa is more popular.

Yeah, Sacred Memories was late January (between Zelgius on World of Dawn and the first legendary alt in Vanguard Ike) and of course had mage knight Eirika...who wasn't even needed to sell that banner when 57th place from CYL2 (Marisa) was still available. Instead, Marisa ended up as an afterthought while CYL2's 262nd place (Karla) is now Ayra's rival for sword supremacy.

Basically what I'm saying is, I'd be pretty miffed if Marisa was among my top favorites as she, among others (Josh, Finn, Canas, etc.), deserved better.

Mage Eirika is, without a doubt, really questionable. Even now. Not only did it most likely tank her rankings in CYL, but we didn't even need her to sell the banner when L'Arachel and Myrrh existed. And, as you mentioned, the still-popular Marisa was also a character they implemented anyway so it's just weird how Marisa wasn't on the banner.

Plus, on the "new hero" banners, the alts are generally the centerpiece of the banner so they're the ones with the OP skills and the personal weapons and whatnot. It's like they stopped caring about actual new heroes, unless they're super powerful waifus (so it's ironic that Karla is already married and has a child).

I don't really mind if characters I like end up being tempest trial units, since being a TT unit doesn't necessarily equate bad. And I'd rather be guaranteed to get a character I like with a neutral stat, rather than not getting them at all or getting a bad nature. But Canas and Finn were done really badly. Canas is literally Raigh with more res. He's a day-one launch character with no access to natures or merges with all of his extra stat points invested into the most useless stat ever. With no really good skills. Who thought this was okay? And Finn deserved a personal Brave Lance, if Reinhardt got a personal Brave Sword.

Edited by Sunwoo

Well I will take free B!Hector whenever he comes so that I will finally have a Hector.  Honestly once I pull the two male dancers from the seasonal banner I am going to start saving orbs for when B!Ninian comes back so I can finally have a flying dancer.  At least there will be stuff to do and I look forward to the new story chapters because of the orbs.  I am really hoping the next banner is Binding Blade and the GHB is Idunn because I want another dragon to play with and she could be a red dragon which would break Tiki's monopoly on that unit type which would be great.

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

unless they're super powerful waifus (so it's ironic that Karla is already married and has a child).

Maybe IS made Karla powerful for that reason; Karla would be condemmed to be a character with a mediocre following because she is already married with a meme unless you make her a very good unit that people would actually want to use.

42 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Maybe IS made Karla powerful for that reason; Karla would be condemmed to be a character with a mediocre following because she is already married with a meme unless you make her a very good unit that people would actually want to use.

Yeah, but I'm not sure if IS understands (even now) that characters get popular not just by being powerful but also by being accessible. If they want to make Karla an OP 5-star that you'd have to be lucky to get or intentionally going for her, they shouldn't be too surprised if she doesn't get as popular as Reinhardt and most people don't care about her much.

59 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, but I'm not sure if IS understands (even now) that characters get popular not just by being powerful but also by being accessible. If they want to make Karla an OP 5-star that you'd have to be lucky to get or intentionally going for her, they shouldn't be too surprised if she doesn't get as popular as Reinhardt and most people don't care about her much.

It's not so much popularity IS care about, but profitability; Reinhardt being accessible means most players wouldn't spend on his banners. Which is why they made the Thracia banner so that his alt could be added to the summoning pool.

My predictions:

Heroes with Draconic Aura (08/16):  Alm, Karla, Dorcas, Female Kana, Brave Lyn. I think that they'll be: Alm, B!Lyn, Kanaa

Micaiah & Sothe BHB Banner (08/20): Micaiah, Sothe and 1 green: Soren or Titania. Always the BHB have 1 exclusive 5* and 2 units of pool of 4*-3*

New Heroes (08/21): PENDIENT

Heroes with Healing Skills (08/26): All colorless, I imagined that they'll be exclusive 5*, I'll hoped: Elise, Maribelle and Mist or Genny

Legendary Hero (08/28): Red Legendary Hero and possibly female. Canditates: Celica (Then... The New Heroes will be from Echoes and GHB can be Fernand..?! I love him!! *w*), Lilina (The game of Roy need a banner...), Corrina (A new fates banner... I don't like it, not for now, please), hmm... others: Shiida? Micaiah? (I doubt that be them, but they have possibilities.)

Heroes with Fury (09/06): I think that will be: Chrom Pony, Eldigan and Myrrh.

New Heroes (09/07): CYL2.... [And I spent my orbs trying gotten Xancer... but I failed. (2 units obtained but out preferences!!) T__T]