Henry Appreciation Topic

Junkhead

Real Henry, not that fake Halloween non-sense. Which I also love.

I make this topic partly celebrating my accomplishment with the Henry that I made, whom ended up surpassing my expectations. Back around three months ago, I decided to make Henry into my very first merge project. I didn't want to be the only guy who never made a +10, and my very favourite in Libra was yet to still be in the game. Bridal Charlotte (former main girl), was also a seasonal unit I could only get up to +3...so Henry.

It's not like it was just a form of a joke, like with the +10 Wrys. I actually had a whole plan involved, which kind of ended up working? So, yeah. I wouldn't have expected to turn out as well as it has. Throughout this whole experience, I can almost say for sure that he does have his own place in the meta, even if it's not perfect. It does help he has an amazing sprite. If only I gave him Candelabra...

FEH_Unit_Builder_Henry_1.png

Tell me your story. Questions? Discussion? We're all for that.

That dedication is awesome. I'm more partial to his Halloween incarnation, but THIS one is far easier to merge and definitely can catch an unsuspecting player by surprise. Respect.

BTW, ever got around to trying out Aether in place of Ignis?

Henry is one of my all time favorite FE characters, but I'm not happy how investment has to be made to make him good. At least Halloween Henry is competent enough, but being seasonal makes him harder to obtain 

6 hours ago, Karimlan said:

BTW, ever got around to trying out Aether in place of Ignis?

Aether doesn't make any sense to me. For one, his durability is already very good for self-sustain. The other, is that his Atk is way too low to either kill or heal any significantdamage for that cooldown. He can barely get am Ignis off, and that is assuming after getting doubled on top of doubling himself, thanks to QR. Bonfire might actually be better for oneround kills with Atk buffs and maybe even +Atk (I prefer +Res/Def, though).

6 hours ago, Midnox said:

Henry is one of my all time favorite FE characters, but I'm not happy how investment has to be made to make him good. At least Halloween Henry is competent enough, but being seasonal makes him harder to obtain 

We've been given pretty much all the tools he needs for free. Free CC, three Atk Smokes and even free Owl tome fodder (the hardest to obtain). It was well worth it, too. I don't think people know how much better he gets when he's able to actually use his defenses, which is dar unlike any mage that conventionally works on Atk & Spd.

I do agree on Halloween Henry on both accounts, though. He was actually one my prime Arena members, but I never invested on merges until it was too late...at least my Red Henry is pretty close to maxing, and does do his job.

give him a bladetome, equip him with sacred seal fortress defense, give him QR in the B Slot and put him into a mixed tactics team giving him +6 to all stats and watch him murder anything that is physical... True story of my +10 Boey

15 hours ago, Hilda said:

give him a bladetome, equip him with sacred seal fortress defense, give him QR in the B Slot and put him into a mixed tactics team giving him +6 to all stats and watch him murder anything that is physical... True story of my +10 Boey

I have QR (B), but he's a lot better at surviving if he isn't succeptible to the "random" chance of low specials such as Ayra's and Reinhardt. Regardless, Blade Tome is something I want to try out. He can consistently oneround without a special with that.

1 minute ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Wowie! D:

This is truly dedication! I would like that boy in my brigade :3c

Thank you so much.

I'm really proud of this one. Watch it:

I think I understimated Henry's flexibility as a unit. CC + Owl is pretty much his best set, but he can also do other stuff pretty well:

- Probably the best CC Blade Tome user along with Merric (he has to take +Def to match his physical bulk, but has a lot more Spd and some Atk). Puts his defenses to actual use and onerounds consistently without Specials.

- Actually a surprisingly good ranged counter, somewhat thanks to Panic Ploy (allows him to take Blade Tomes, as well as horse-buffed Reinhardt). Bonfire should oneround stuff like Lyn (also best with Owl Tomes).

- Might actually work as a horse counter with Wolf tomes, once again making use of his defenses with CC. Otherwise, not impressive on the offensive side (nothing new, here).

14 hours ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

An absolute BEAST! You really did an awesome job!

Thanks, man.

!I'll be honest.  I didn't think he'd amount to much with his attack still being dirt poor, but your putting stock into his longevity as opposed to his raw power pays of big time with those Ignis procs!

Very nice!

Henry is one of the very few good things FE13 had to offer for me. Sadly he's not great.

In Heroes I don't find him great because of his low attack and it requires way too much investment to make him become amazing as he is in this video.

That said almost no one is bad in Heroes with a fitting build.

But it's the same as in FE. The less ressources you need for an unit, the better. The difference is that we don't talk about bases / growths but about skill.

Anyways nice Soul!

14 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I loved Henry in Awakening, if I ever get +Atk I'll promote one.  My Halloween Henry is -Atk, but I was happy just to have him and his attack isn't abysmal like the normal form.

Is there any particular reason you want +Atk? I feel people get the misconception trying to fix his Atk is where to start off with him, but it doesn't do a whole lot unless something more specific (Owl Tome + Bonfire on top of Atk buffs). At least he gets quicker kills off of that.

11 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Henry is love, Henry is life~ He's one of my favorites in Awakening and I've yet to grind one up yet but this motivates me to do it!~

I appreciate it, thank you.

I'll let you know, it's actually thanks to how much I liked him in Awakening that I've always kind of wanted one. My initial idea was a 4*+10, which is a lot more feasible to other people.

9 hours ago, Hilda said:

one day i willcreate the ultomatr +10 troll Team consisting of Henry Odin Azama and Arthur

That can actually be a pretty legit defense team. If I had Candelabra on Henry, I had a pretty wacky and annoying idea. If he's in some sort of choke point on top of a cover tile with Guard + Obstruct...GG.

8 hours ago, Kruggov said:

Except Arthur :dry:

LOL

6 hours ago, Jules said:

In Heroes I don't find him great because of his low attack and it requires way too much investment to make him become amazing as he is in this video.

I think it's overrated how much investment he needs to be good. You don't even need CC to make him good. Owl Tome really helps, and you have 2 F2P options available for it, to which you can at least make him a solid ranged counter. Panic Ploy is what allows him to function that way, which lets him beat all of his Ploy'd matchups.

I also mentioned this:

- Probably the best CC Blade Tome user along with Merric (he has to take +Def to match his physical bulk, but has a lot more Spd and some Atk). Puts his defenses to actual use and onerounds consistently without Specials.

- Actually a surprisingly good ranged counter, somewhat thanks to Panic Ploy (allows him to take Blade Tomes, as well as horse-buffed Reinhardt). Bonfire should oneround stuff like Lyn (also best with Owl Tomes).

- Might actually work as a horse counter with Wolf tomes, once again making use of his defenses with CC. Otherwise, not impressive on the offensive side (nothing new, here).

Blade Tome is fairly common, and probably one of his better sets. Granted, it does require CC, but then he has the added benefit where it can harder to Ploy him than most other, conventional Blade Tome users.

But it's the same as in FE. The less ressources you need for an unit, the better. The difference is that we don't talk about bases / growths but about skill.

That's the sum of it, yeah. But I also think people misconcept as "good > bad" instead of "good > not as good/less"

Anyways nice Soul!

Thank you.

Edited by Junkhead

4 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Is there any particular reason you want +Atk? I feel people get the misconception trying to fix his Atk is where to start off with him, but it doesn't do a whole lot unless something more specific (Owl Tome + Bonfire on top of Atk buffs). At least he gets quicker kills off of that.

I like having +Atk on all my promotions.  I give everyone breaker skills for AA so speed doesn't matter, I just want to maximize the chance of ORKOing what they are supposed to counter.  I'm not looking to merge so they are fighting at a 10 merge disadvantage.  

• 2 weeks later...

This topic may be a bit old but I can't turn down a chance to show of my favorite character.
Fenrir+ is the usual build he runs, but he's supported with an Ares that has both Defense and Attack Tactic, so the Bladetome works if I need to focus on damage.

The other units on the team are a Gwen and a HalloweenHenry for Armored March / Special Fighter shenanigans

Screenshot_20180826-173354_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

2.jpg