If a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game was made for the Switch, what would you want to see?

Eqstrian819

This is what I’d want:

Starter Pokémon 

All traditional starters (obviously)

Non traditional starters such as: Vulpix (bonus points if its in its Alolan variant form),   Lilipup, Axew, maybe a regional bird to shake things up a bit, Noibat, Zorua, Rockruff, Trapinch, Ralts, Shinx, Phanpy, Skiddo. I definitely see Eevee being in due to the upcoming Let’s Go games.

Other features

The return of genders

Related to the above, acknowledgment of player’s gender in game

The partner not being an idiot

The partner being skeptical of the player’s “I’m a human” claim. 

New types of missions such as hold the line or timed

The main characters actually evolving during the main storyline

An easy or hard mode

What would you want in a PMD Switch game?

Edited by Eqstrian819

PMD Sky had incredible storytelling, and while Super came close, it wasn’t as good. I really want to see the return of special episodes, they really flesh out the characters. And I want to see more Pokemon being part of the party instead of just you and your partner, Gates of Infinity was pretty cool with that, as many important characters joined you permanently during the main story.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I just want a really good story and equally good characters, because PMD Sky was one of the few games that made me cry.

It wasn't the deepest story with the most complex characters, but i will say its very good at emotional investment and making you give a damn for those lovable idiots. anyways...

things i would want:

optional quiz for character selection, since i always felt it was good for getting you to sortta seep into the experience but it is a bit player hostile in regards to choice so just having it on the side is good.

character customization? doesnt have to be indepth or anything, but even just having a scarf appear on a character wearing a scarf would be nice.

shinies? might be interesting to see, even use it as a reward for beating the game and starting a new file or something where the pokemon who you beat the game with becomes available as a shiny with like other hidden bonuses.

return of eevee at the very least as a starter option

some cool new options could be pawniard, rockruff, maybe a ghost pokemon of some sort, and at the very least one pokemon to cover each type

return of the recruitment home things from rescue team, probably not a popular choice but i really liked em. could at the very least have it so that you dont need them to recruit certain pokemon but it simply helps and increases the recruitment rate of that pokemon, and also allows you to (kinda) interact with them outside of missions and all that.

honestly, just make the enemies threatening sometimes again, and you've caught my interest.

i loved/hated just how cutthroat enemies with AOE was in earlier games, like temporal tower porygons anyone? sure it was frustrating, but that makes it more rewarding. besides. the player has loads of cheese to counter the BS too! like revivers and all that.

god i loved those games. anyways, they need to be UN-polished and ill probably love it again.

Something closer to the original RBRT or TDS. Give us a lot of options for the Personality Test (which should be brought back), Pokemon dependent on gender (it's not like it matters that much anyway, who cares if Eevee are all female or Meowth are all male?), it actually mattering that you were once human and not something that just seems to be there and not all that relevant like in the 3DS titles.

Friend Areas, too, that sht made the game feel immersive and had some real thought put into which Pokemon would live where~

And give us a compelling story again, FFS, the even RB have better stories than GTI and whatever SMD was and it was literally just a straightforward story that eventually led up to a falling star about to destroy the world.  

Just give that charm back, I feel the 3DS titles were just really lacking in that area compared to the original sprite-based games~

On 8/12/2018 at 7:37 AM, Purple Mage said:

Am I the only one (aside from eclipse, possibly) who prefers Red/Blue Rescue Team over Explorers? I'd like to see stuff similar to the original incarnation of the spin-off. That game holds so many memories...

Nope, I'm with you~ That was actually my first Pokemon game, even before any of the main games~ I don't even feel like it's being blinded by nostalgia, the later stories just aren't as engaging for me which sucks since PMD is my favorite side series~

• 5 weeks later...

Realizing Im boutta straight echo some people here but here idc that much lel. Ik its been said but please please please bring back special eps, or some other way to flesh out character in an interactive way not named: your partner and yourself. A story to rival that of PMD S/T/D, that might be a heavy order though. A bit more importantly even to me than the story is the feeling of a PMD game, aesthetic/charm ig needs to come back; imo we havent really seen that since both of the sprite based incarnations of the game.

Re: Starters- I think an expanded starter list is probs an expectation moreso than a hope, if we get PMD Switch and didnt get a larger starter list i'd be shocked.

Re: Other mission types- This would be reaaly cool, alternate objectives to do within the dungeons, or even just on missions within dungeons you have already explored beyond "rescue the dude or beat the outlaw or get to the end" would be awesome.