do you like minimalism as an interior decor aesthetic?

Re: The weirdo.

what do you think of minimalism?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. do you think minimalism is a good or bad style of interior decor?

• good
    • bad
    • not opinionated

Depends on the style, I suppose. I think minimalism can look quite nice, but depending on the complexity and design of other styles, I could get down with those as well. I guess it's just whatever makes me go "Oh, that's nice", and for the most part, that tends to be minimalism for me.

Yes*. I grew up in a household with tons of pointless and elaborate shit all over the place, taking up space and just looking tacky, and it always drove me nuts.

*I enjoy color, so minimalism with color works well for me.

I don't enjoy minimalism of just browns, whites and blacks that makes everything look like a dentist's office.

Edited by Slumber

• 2 weeks later...

I like cheap interior design that's practical/effective. Some people like ornamentation and I don't really have an opinion about what is beautiful and what isn't. What's beautiful and what's ugly comes down to brain wiring. Most humans have a rough agreement that something like the ocean is beautiful, but there are usually exceptions to any rule of thumb.

Yeah, I’d consider myself a fan. I take it minimalism is a bit like pizza—it takes more effort to get it wrong than it does to get it right (maybe that’s because it’s all about, you know, not putting stuff in but I digress).

To be honest, though, I’m actually seeing my personal decor taste going in the opposite direction. After seeing old pictures and living museums of 19th-century homes I’ve gotten more into how they did it. I don’t know, you just this really delicate balance between purpose and decoration in a Victorian person’s home. It’s hard to describe.

Edited by Cowboy Karimov