Which fictional worlds do you want to live in, and which do not?

XRay

So, which fictional worlds do you want to live in? Which ones do you want to avoid? Who do you want to be in that world, or would you rather stay as your normal human self? Anything you particularly want to do?

What about the real world?

Fictional worlds I would like to live in:
Elder Scrolls* — Dragonborn
Fantasy Life — Divinus
Fire Emblem** — Anna or Hubba
Kantai Collection — Admiral
Keijo — Aoba Kazane or any audience member in the crowd
Monster Musume — Kurusu Kimihito
Overlord*** — Ainz
Pokémon — Arceus, Gary, or a regular Pokémon trainer

*With mods and console commands; if I cannot give myself overpowered abilities, I do not want to live in this world.
**If I am not Anna or Hubba, I do not want to live in this world/multiverse.
***If I am not Ainz, I do not want to live in this world.

As Hubba, Admiral, Kurusu, Ainz, and Gary, I simply want to enjoy my harem. With mods and console commands, being the Dragonborn would be cool since I can pretty much do anything. Divinus is basically god in Fantasy Life. As Anna, I would like to travel the Outrealms, although I would personally stay away from the worlds of the main games since wars and apocalypse goes on a lot. Aoba gets to touch everyone's butts in her class and use Gate of Bootylon with a massive arsenal, the most powerful technique in my opinion; if I cannot be her, just being in the crowd watching girls smack each other with their boobs and butts is exciting enough. Arceus is god, so I want to be that Pokémon; I also would not mind being a normal Pokémon Trainer either and go on my own journey.

Fictional worlds I do NOT want to live in; I am putting this in spoilers because it is kind of long:

Spoiler

12 Beast
Advance Wars
Attack on Titan
Bionicle
Code Geass
DC comics
Diablo
Elder Scrolls
Fall Out
Fire Emblem
Game of Thrones
Ga Rei
GATE
Goblin Slayer
Grand Theft Auto
Gundam
Harry Potter
Highschool of the Dead
Hunger Games
Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi
Lord of the Rings
Marvel comics
Monstress
Mouse Guard
Neon Genesis
One Punch Man
Overlord
Resident Evil
Tate no Yuusha
Scrapped Princess
Seraph of the End
Shikabane Hime
Star Trek
Star Wars
StarCraft
Sword Art Online
Tengen Toppe Gurren Lagann
Terminator
Valkyria Chronicles
WarCraft
Warriors (Dynasty Warroirs, Samurai Warriors, Orochi)
Warhammer
Warhammer 40,000
Walking Dead

As for who I want to be for fictional worlds I do not want live in, I just want to be anyone who survives and be able to live a decent life, or just let me be god so I can fix the shit that goes on in them. Basically, I do not want to live in any worlds where there are a lot of nasty shit going on.

As for the real world, it is pretty shitty, so if I had a choice before I was born, I would choose not to be born. It is still better than all the fictional worlds I do not want to live in though, so I guess it could be worse.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to live in the Disgaea Netherworlds or the Marioverse. Both are bizaro universes full of wacky people and where the biggest evil you're likely to face is an overgrown bully ala Bowser. Seems like a lot of fun.

I wouldn't want to live in Westeros. The winters are long, the wars are plenty and you probably can't take a step without encountering a murderer, a rapist or a murdering rapist. 

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I wouldn't want to live in Westeros. The winters are long, the wars are plenty and you probably can't take a step without encountering a murderer, a rapist or a murdering rapist.

I'd only want to live there if I was the MOTHER OF DRAGONS. Otherwise, yeah, especially as a female, I'd get raped and murdered.

19 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I'd only want to live there if I was the MOTHER OF DRAGONS. Otherwise, yeah, especially as a female, I'd get raped and murdered.

Or beheaded, burned to death, castrated, poisoned, stabbed during dinner, blown up or have your head crushed. Or all those things at once.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Or beheaded, burned to death, castrated, poisoned, stabbed during dinner, blown up or have your head crushed. Or all those things at once.

Yeesh. 

But I can't be castrated because I don't have those parts to begin with xD

12 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I don't really want to live in any fictional as me. Powerless in worlds where others can treat me as a chew toy.

I think the Pokémon world is pretty safe. There are bad people and some organized crime, but if those criminals are so easily infiltrated and stopped by mere children, I do not think they are a big deal.

43 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Not to mention the return of dragons and White Walkers. Burning and freezing to death are pretty painful too.

Do Want:

• Most JRPG universes: Mostly just to check out their mass produced curatives. Potions, ethers, elixers. SOMETHING has to cure my chronic migraines if a simple drink worth ten gil can cure a stab wound. Just gotta make sure I dip before the big bad demon lord shows up. I don't have plot armor. Also not keen on relying on children to save the world. And if I joined their party as the old, mentor character (yes, 24 makes you a silver fox in a JRPG), I would have to sacrifice myself to keep the plot moving. And I'm in the business of living. As for why not western rpg universes, I imagine myself actually becoming invested in the plot, world, and characters. And that's going to reduce my odds of survival considerably.
  • Fire Emblem (any game): And I want to be That Archer You Benched.
  • Any beat em up game that takes place in a modern day setting: Guess it's on my mind since I played my first Yakuza game lately. But there's something charming about these worlds where people just forego weapons and let their fists solve all their problems. I never need to think so much in one of these games, sounds like a nice change of pace.

Don't want:

• The Persona universe: Pretty sure it's canon that only angsty teens can have their emotions explode enough to summon their personas. Or else adults that never grew out of that phase. This world seems normal to live in, if a little quirky. But relying on some band of teenagers to save it every two years? Count me out. It may sound prudent to interact and assist with said group of teens to up my chances, but doing so would assuredly rope me into a Dancing All Night spinoff. 
  • Pokemon: I don't know how in the world you make a living in this universe, but I know teacher isn't viable. No mandatory education, Apparently no variety of education outside of what we'd consider primary schools. Is it any wonder this world has so many gangs? Cute furry creatures aint enough to convince me.

3 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

The FE world isn't particularly appealing to me beyond being the Summoner in Heroes. :awesome:

Especially once you realize all the Heroes you summon seem chill with pretty much anything you do to them, and that you can have multiples of the same Hero. I can't see this going weird at all. Nope.

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

Especially once you realize all the Heroes you summon seem chill with pretty much anything you do to them, and that you can have multiples of the same Hero. I can't see this going weird at all. Nope.

YAYSUN.thumb.jpg.6eee1928b597f964fea9fb8

What would I do to them.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Pokemon: I don't know how in the world you make a living in this universe, but I know teacher isn't viable. No mandatory education, Apparently no variety of education outside of what we'd consider primary schools. Is it any wonder this world has so many gangs? Cute furry creatures aint enough to convince me.

It is safe. As a Pokémon trainer, I can easily make money beating other trainers. In Platinum, I maxed out my bank account; for some reason, they do not trust kids to have more than $999,999.

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Fire Emblem (any game): And I want to be That Archer You Benched.

You are like the opposite of me. I want to avoid worlds with lots of nasty shit going. I think Fire Emblem is one of the worst with dragons, monsters, wars, famine, rape, etc.

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

What would I do to them.

An excellent question that I'd certainly rather not see anyone on DeviantArt answer for varying reasons. Myself, I'd probably have them all cosplay as each other because why not. This also means you can fulfill any number of shippings you may have since you can have multiple copies of individual Heroes - Robin x Corrin is your thing but you also like Robin x (Insert Unit Here)? No problem, just summon two Robins and pair one with Corrin and the other with your chosen Unit.

Overall, Heroes is just a strange world to live in, though I do see the appeal.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is safe. As a Pokémon trainer, I can easily make money beating other trainers. In Platinum, I maxed out my bank account; for some reason, they do not trust kids to have more than $999,999.

Did you ever watch the Game Theory about how rich a Pokemon Master actually is? It was kind of depressing for me.

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

Did you ever watch the Game Theory about how rich a Pokemon Master actually is? It was kind of depressing for me.

I do not trust Game Theory since he makes too many assumptions/does not consider enough factors (and he sounds super annoying). I do not think it is right to apply our understanding of our world's economy to the Pokémon world since it is possible that the Pokémon world could have a radically different economic model or be in a post-scarcity economy.

Pokemon- you don't need higher education.

Digimon- If and only if I can be a tamer.

Boku no Hero Academia- As long as I'm not powerless. 

World's End Harem- Only if I survive.

World I don't want to go to include DC's universe, Marvel's universe, and fucking anything with zombies.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, but if there were incredible ways of making money, everybody would do it. I don't know if I can keep up with the spry youngsters in such a universe, even with my droves of experience. I'll be stuck with a caterpie that can't get KOs, I just know it. And don't get me started on the economic nonsense of Amulet Coins and the move Pay Day.

You are like the opposite of me. I want to avoid worlds with lots of nasty shit going. I think Fire Emblem is one of the worst with dragons, monsters, wars, famine, rape, etc.

You're really hung up on this rape thing eh? Well, I wouldn't worry about that. In most video games, sex and sexuality simply don't exist. Even love is rare, how many I love Yous have ever been verbalized in a video game? All these characters are asexual meat sacks that don't know why they expose as much skin as they do. You've got a point when it comes to some fire emblem worlds, I suppose. Valentia sucks. Monsters you could beat up, but famine? Nothing you could do about that if it's connected to a God's wellbeing. If nothing grows, you can't feed yourself, or your livestock. 'Course if I showed up with the right genetically modified produce that could grow in almost any environment, then the problem would be solved...

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not trust Game Theory since he makes too many assumptions/does not consider enough factors (and he sounds super annoying). I do not think it is right to apply our understanding of our world's economy to the Pokémon world since it is possible that the Pokémon world could have a radically different economic model or be in a post-scarcity economy.

Eh, fair enough. I would like to point out, though, that any old Meowth can just create money at will since Pay Day is a thing. However you look at their economy, that really should cause some kind of inflation since you can just spawn coins off any old wild Pokemon. Looking at the normal price of a bike, I'd say it already has.

2 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I have a theory Heroes is just Veronica playing with her little toys.

Oh. Wait.

I'm sure I'd laugh at this, but it's not loading for me right now, so I'll have to try and come back to it.

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah, but if there were incredible ways of making money, everybody would do it.

People do not seem to know how to battle very well, and I think basically everyone but the player is satisfied with their financial situation.

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Eh, fair enough. I would like to point out, though, that any old Meowth can just create money at will since Pay Day is a thing. However you look at their economy, that really should cause some kind of inflation since you can just spawn coins off any old wild Pokemon. Looking at the normal price of a bike, I'd say it already has.

It is also possible that they have the ability to mass produce stuff extremely cheaply in a post scarcity economy, so the huge amount of supply balances out inflation.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

People do not seem to know how to battle very well, and I think basically everyone but the player is satisfied with their financial situation.

Ha! Two more things we can attribute to Pokemon's failing educations systems. Fair points, I suppose.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is also possible that they have the ability to mass produce stuff extremely cheaply in a post scarcity economy, so the huge amount of supply balances out inflation.

I'll agree here for the production of everything except Master Balls and the bike I mentioned. I don't know if they just haven't mastered mass-production of bikes or whatever, but Kanto at least is ridiculous when it comes to those things.

Now, since I need to also actually contribute to the Topic so no mods come after me...

Living in alternate worlds really only appeals if the rules of those worlds apply to you in specific manners - for example, BIONICLE sounds pretty sweet(the old series, not the new one) until you realize that in your current state you wouldn't have access to any elemental powers or Kanohi masks and everyone would view you as an abomination due to your completely organic physical structure. This is of course before you take into account things like the Kraata, which basically turn you evil on contact, or the Krana, which stick to your face and then you're One Of Us. Unless you were able to choose a new form to assume, I doubt anyone would take BIONICLE. Fire Emblem might be appealing until you realize the same logic applies - you'll be lucky to even have an E Rank in anything, and even Lissa probably has more stamina than any of us. Pokemon is actually one of the few worlds where you can get by as just your normal self, which is part of the appeal, and even then, you have things like the fact that most Fire Pokemon can casually cook you for dinner if you aren't careful. I wouldn't mind Yu-Gi-Oh! terribly  so long as I could avoid any Shadow Games as I'm rather fond of my soul, thank you very much, and the Manga Penalty Games aren't much better(and so long as Stratos isn't banned over there stupid Konami).

18 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I'm sure I'd laugh at this, but it's not loading for me right now, so I'll have to try and come back to it.

The chibis look like toys to me. That's why they're adorable.

I agree with all the others saying any Pokemon world looks pretty good and since everyone looks healthy(IE there are no illnesses that don't have a cure) that sounds the best.

Another world that sounds pretty good is the one in the Mother series, it seems close to this one but again no illness and bad guys can be stopped by four kids so seems like the adults have nothing to worry about.

Tortall (it is a country in most of the book series by Tamora Pierce)  in Daine's children's time sounds pretty good since it would be after all the wars are over and and I could help with rebuilding.