Things You Mean to Get to But Just Perpetually Don't

Not exactly the usual procrastination I mean here, as in something that eventually has a deadline. More the things that have none, and you'd like to do, but for some reason you don't. It annoys you a bit, but not enough to actually address the matter.

For months, I've told myself I'd fix my WiFi to get my Switch hooked up to it, and I think I might actually know the issue now, but despite spending so much time on the Internet, I haven't. I haven't replaced the one broken Wii U control stick either, the replacement part has just been sitting there all this time. I blame Xenoblade Chronicles X for the issue, since making the sprint set to pressing down on the left control stick, which I've done a ton of with that game, is most likely the culprit. I've also been in need of completing Skyward Sword for some years, to speak of the tip of an old backlog.

Particularly annoying is my reoccurring desire every few months to try TearRing Saga (strangely, old actual FEs don't do this to me), only to see my MacBook once and again find ePSXe impossible to open, and OpenEmu opens, and it starts scanning the game, but it never actually, even with a patched copy of the game provided by a fellow SFer, opens the game itself. Deleting OpenEmu does nothing, since all the old cores and BIOS and settings are saved when I redownload it. I tell myself I'll do more than just these perpetually blocked actions, but I don't, hopeful that once day I'll have another device to try all this out on.

Not video games related, I've been wanting to see the sunrise this Summer, but between the randomness of getting clouded out which you can never predict, and having to wake up early, I just haven't mustered up the vigor to do it.

Nor have I gotten around to driving much, which I kinda need to practice, because in sorta rara avis fashion, I'm a good mind, but still without a license. If this was a pressing need, I'd have it by now, but some years have passed, and me lacking a license hasn't been an issue.

Do more reading. I'm a would-be historian, who strangely doesn't do much reading in their freetime. This needs to change.

Wanting to engage in more gardening would be great, but I don't want to tear up the backyard's grass and reading up on gardening is a bit intimidating. 

I've been wanting to making a tres leche cake, it looks good, if quite basic, I've just never asserted myself to actually press for making the recipe. In a bit of a contradictory note, losing weight, but I'll stop there.

So, I've given a litany of my own, your things you just never get to doing? Serious, random, or whatever else there is.

While it happened years ago, I do remember sticking in the "research" part of a writing project for way too long. Given that an English writing class was one of the first college classes I was in, I was kind of expecting the teacher to hint at what phase of the paper you should be in at this point, like in high school. NOPE!

Too late did I realize that I had just a single week to write an entire college level paper.

It was probably the first time I ever stayed up for midnight for something other than New Years Eve. I did successfully manage to complete the paper and turn it in on time, and I got a pretty good grade on it, too. I realized that being able to complete a college level paper for English class in a week is something to be both proud and ashamed of.

For something more recent... honestly, the most I can think of is trying to find a game, stick to it the whole way through, and manage to beat it. I honestly dread whenever a game advertises itself as "over 40 hours of content!" because then I'll know I'll screw something up halfway and feel the need to restart and/or forget what I was doing when life happens and I don't play the game for one to two weeks days.

Story of my life, basically.

I'm interested in game design and I want to try my hand on learning about it and trying to think something up for a potential SRPG/RPG Maker project for the fun of it, but I don't.

Same on learning about musical composition, which I am interested on, but I never get around to it.

Or learning Java/C# to try making a project on Unity

Or learning other computer languages to potentially find a good job, but instead I pretty much forgot plenty of what I learned about MySQL and HTML/CSS. I could swear I'd reread the content I have for it, but I never did.

Or learning about critical thinking and logic, which I think would help me a lot in making sound judgments, but I always skip it.

Or trying to get updated on the news, follow what's going on around the world and become more informed about relevant topics constantly brought up on public life, but I don't.

On my case, it's not just reduced to not feeling like doing a task. Instead, I feel like I can't think straight, or that a task seems too difficult, or my reasoning feels fuzzy and clouded like someone who's drowsy, and it feels like climbing up a mountain when I try to accomplish tasks on that state, so I postpone on them or give up. My brain pretty much became fucked up due to my own indolence, it feels like it works at half capacity at best.

Edited by Rapier

Getting a driver's license was gruelsome for me.

I had just entered my college vacations, then on the next day I started having driving theory classes early at morning for 2 weeks. Then I passed the theory exam and went for practice classes, which took an average of 2 weeks. I was still bad and my teacher's lectures weren't working out for me, so I trained with an acquaintance of mine before going back to driving practice classes so I could get adjusted to the car I'd be forced to do the practice exam on. Then I flunked the practice exam because I tried to do everything perfectly, but it only made me do everything slowly and clumsily. I took another week worth of driving practice classes, then did the practice exam again flawlessly after I stopped worrying too much.

Two days after I got my provisory driver license, I broke my foot. Stayed without driving for 4-5 months. Nowadays I can drive ok but I still have a lot to learn as far as daily practice goes, so I'm not 100%.

wait why am I saying this

I created my own Heroes reference sheet on Google Sheets, but I got lazy and I have not updated it in a while.

Jeez I always mean too lose weight but then, exercise is boring and I just stop. 

This summer I'd decided I'd look for a part time job but then I just sat on my ass, posting on SF more than I did previously

I would get my driving license but I'm perpetually terrified I'd kill someone  with a car. 

Also, I always need to get new books, but when I do I read them so damn fast, the worst part is my memory is the friggin worst, remember all tag stuff teach was talking about all week that's on the test, nope gone but if I go back to reread a book I haven't thought about in 2-3 years, I remember freaking everything as soon as I open the book. So I want to go buy books but then my mind reminds me that “They expensive, and pretty much have one use, and then they just take up space, kinda like rennac in ephraims route for that grade map, he opens one chest (I mean I know l'arachel free recruit and all but by that point unless my mages turn out garbage I ain't deploying her except for grind maps)

1 hour ago, Pengaius said:

I would get my driving license but I'm perpetually terrified I'd kill someone  with a car. 

For me, that fear quickly dissipated once I tasted the freedom of having my own transportation.

Not all accidents are fatal or disabling either. I rear ended the car in front of me and totaled my car (all my fault; I was not paying attention), but nobody was hurt since it was at low speeds at an intersection.