After looking at the trailer, one thing that how my attention was in the battle forecast. Where the enemies had crit rate ranging from 2% to 5%. The difficulty is unknown, but a game where potentially enemies have a small change to crit is going to make me reset time to time. The only other Fire Emblem game where I believed this occurred normally was in FE5. Perhaps luck will be a more valuable stat this time around?

10 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I'm pretty sure that enemies have a chance to crit in every FE game, so I really don't see the point of this thread.

Uhhh, more often than not, in most non-Fates games about the only times enemies actually had crit rates on player units are if they're in an enhanced crit class, are using a weapon with natural crit, or both. Or if the unit in question has really bad luck (e.g. Tharja, Knoll).

I agree, that seemed really weird to me as well. I kinda meant to post a formulas thread about a month ago, but scrapped it because there was too much extrapolation.

On 13/08/2018 at 4:44 PM, X-Naut said:

It probably means they're sticking with Fates' Luck = Dodge/2 formula.

The thing is, Fates made it so that anything <6 skill didn't contribute to crit precisely to avoid the trash crit issue. This formula without that fix would make the earlygame very player unfriendly.

Echoes' formula([User's Skl + User's Lck - Target's Lck]/2) is a possibility as well. Actually looking at other values, specifically accuracy and evade, it's looking very similar to how things worked there. We'd need a little more to tell for sure though.

On 8/15/2018 at 4:39 AM, Cysx said:

The thing is, Fates made it so that anything <6 skill didn't contribute to crit precisely to avoid the trash crit issue. This formula without that fix would make the earlygame very player unfriendly.

Echoes' formula([User's Skl + User's Lck - Target's Lck]/2) is a possibility as well. Actually looking at other values, specifically accuracy and evade, it's looking very similar to how things worked there. We'd need a little more to tell for sure though.

Those are the formulae? I've been wondering what it is, SF still doesn't have the calculations for SoV or Fates up yet.

I did figure out SoV's effective damage bonus- if the bonus is passive (e.g. Ridersbane, Bows) then multiply by 3 only the weapon's base Mt. If the bonus is from a Combat Art, multiply by 3 only the added Mt from the Combat Art. Just to list this here to for anyone interested in adding this to the site.

On 17/08/2018 at 6:45 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Those are the formulae? I've been wondering what it is, SF still doesn't have the calculations for SoV or Fates up yet.

I did figure out SoV's effective damage bonus- if the bonus is passive (e.g. Ridersbane, Bows) then multiply by 3 only the weapon's base Mt. If the bonus is from a Combat Art, multiply by 3 only the added Mt from the Combat Art. Just to list this here to for anyone interested in adding this to the site.

They should be. The echoes one is pretty clever since most enemies have 0 luck, allowing the player to have higher crit without facing trash rates, and making luck more important and focused at the same time. I kinda like it.

Also that definitely sounds correct from what I remember.