SF's "Write Your Butt Off" II - Return of Writer's Block

Rapier

SF's Write Your Butt Off! II Votals  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which submission will you vote for?

• "The Heart of Dedication"
    • "The Strength Within"
    • "Simply a Hunter"
    • "One More Time"
    • "Perfected"
    • "No One Is Iredeemable"
    • "Going Forward"

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/2019 at 10:00 PM

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda late, but yeah, congratulations @Shoblongoo! You're the new host for round 2, unless you can't for some reason and would like to pass the torch to someone else. If you're fine with being the host, suggest us a prompt.

I'll edit the first post sometime later, organizing the rounds and results in a better way.

Nice. Thanks guys!

Theme for round #2: Fire Emblem Fandom based comedy about the unintended consequences of messing with time travel, or outrealm gates that grant access to alternate-timeline versions of the present.

It can be a light comedy or a dark comedy--writer's choice--but there has to be some element of humor to it.

Is this theme acceptable??? 

3 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Theme for round #2: Fire Emblem Fandom based comedy about the unintended consequences of messing with time travel, or outrealm gates that grant access to alternate-timeline versions of the present.
It can be a light comedy or a dark comedy--writer's choice--but there has to be some element of humor to it.

So Valter in Awakening? Just what I was waiting for!

...In all seriousness, I've still got catching up to do on another project, as Chloey can attest(I'm working on it, I'm working on it), but if I get caught up in time I might try and throw something together for this.

I don't normally crawl out of the Heroes forum, but I noticed this going on, and I'm in kind of a creative mood. I don't usually write fanfiction, but I don't see any harm in giving it a go. Is it okay to jump in during the second round?

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I don't normally crawl out of the Heroes forum, but I noticed this going on, and I'm in kind of a creative mood. I don't usually write fanfiction, but I don't see any harm in giving it a go. Is it okay to jump in during the second round?

Yeah, this just goes on until nobody's interested any more or - like last time we did this - someone accidentally messes something up so we can't hold any more rounds.

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, this just goes on until nobody's interested any more or - like last time we did this - someone accidentally messes something up so we can't hold any more rounds.

Awesome sauce! Then consider me signed up for this next round! Comedy though. Dang. XD I tried to write a comedy once. I'm not sure my professor ever forgave me for making him read all ten pages of it. 

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Awesome sauce! Then consider me signed up for this next round! Comedy though. Dang. XD I tried to write a comedy once. I'm not sure my professor ever forgave me for making him read all ten pages of it. 

That's the part I'm worried most about.  I'm no comedy writer either...>.> It can't hurt to try though right?  :XD:

I'm no comedy writer either, I'd rather have a different theme. I can write funny scenes if I wanted, but I can't do a whole fic around those. I just don't have that kind of skill. I also hate time travel stories. But if this has to be the theme, I'll sit out this one.

Edited by Anacybele

Okay, I guess we're set for a new round, then. Since rounds last three weeks, it'll be over on September 25.

I'll edit stuff on the first post and include the link to the countdown there as soon as it allows me to edit my post without gobbling what I edit for some reason

Round 2 Countdown

I wonder if it might be better to use a straw poll or something. Or at least consider some way to keep the results private until the end of the round. Knowing the votes live kind of seems to have affected people's opinions of stories in the last round. I also don't really want it to be disheartening for some people who get zero votes.

That sounds like a good idea. I also think that limiting the word count would help us read all of the stories and constructively criticize them, but now it's up to Slobongoo to decide - I was only running things during Round 1, then another host will be running things for Round 3 and so on. I will still be in charge of organizing the thread, though.

I have no problem with keeping the word count the same and leaving it to the author's discretion how much they have to say + how long they want their story to run.

Keeping the min/max paramaters the same for each round makes sense to me.

I'm gonna leave it to @Rapier to update the thread and set the time-table for submissions since he is the OP--organizational duties and whatnot.

Question--are hosts allowed to write for the round that they've selected a topic, or do I have to sit this one out?

You have to sit this one out, but you'll be welcome on the next Round.

So, as I said, I like the idea of having a private poll that doesn't show how many votes each person received. I just don't think it's an option for polls in SF. I'll search for an exterior one on the meantime, but if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

21 minutes ago, Rapier said:

You have to sit this one out, but you'll be welcome on the next Round.

KK.

For anyone who wanted to maybe write something for this round but is struggling to come up with a concept.

Plz feel free to use [Tsubkai x Severa/Selena =  Cordelia/Caeldori]; Through the wonderful nonsense of timefuckery, Severa accidentally slept with her maternal grandfather and became her own grandma as a jumping-off point :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Shoblongoo

4 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Plz feel free to use [Tsubkai x Severa/Selena =  Cordelia/Caeldori]; Through the wonderful nonsense of timefuckery, Severa accidentally slept with her maternal grandfather and became her own grandma as a jumping-off point

But that's basically the entire concept of something I already used - I already had Subaki come forward in time, marry Cordelia, and end up with two daughters, and detailed poor Severa's life in a horrible diary-style way. My sadism only extends so far, even where Severa's concerned!

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

But that's basically the entire concept of something I already used - I already had Subaki come forward in time, marry Cordelia, and end up with two daughters, and detailed poor Severa's life in a horrible diary-style way. My sadism only extends so far, even where Severa's concerned!

Think you could manage to flip-the-script and write that as a comedy instead of a tragedy?

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

Think you could manage to flip-the-script and write that as a comedy instead of a tragedy?

It actually ended up being a comedy - though I'd initially intended for it to look serious,  Severa ended up just sounding like an overdramatic teenager so it got funny really fast. I think I still have it somewhere, I can try and find it to pull it up for you outside of here since we can't reuse things, but I might have deleted it when I made that chain of events part of my main storyline.