SF's "Write Your Butt Off" II - Return of Writer's Block

Rapier

SF's Write Your Butt Off! II Votals  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which submission will you vote for?

• "The Heart of Dedication"
    • "The Strength Within"
    • "Simply a Hunter"
    • "One More Time"
    • "Perfected"
    • "No One Is Iredeemable"
    • "Going Forward"

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/2019 at 10:00 PM

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

Write a story about something that happened because your main character got really, really, really, really drunk.

this is gonna be funny or sad depending on how you wanna look at it. either way I'm gonna have some fun with this one

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

this is gonna be funny or sad depending on how you wanna look at it

That’s the idea—yes. A different kind of “open-ended.”(I’d be inclined to run in the comedy direction with this one, but you can definitely make it a tragedy or a drama or anything in between)

Edited by Shoblongoo

I'm going to pass yet again. I don't have any characters that would get that drunk for any reason. And I don't feel like writing something with completely new characters right now. I'm not in a very good place lately either, honestly, what with having just had a death in the family (and making that four family deaths in five years) and just lately feeling rather down in general.

In fact, I'm also beginning to lose interest in this contest all together because few of the themes picked have been to my liking. No offense to anyone, most of these themes just haven't really been my thing. I still wish good luck to those who will write for them.

4 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Alright. Here’s a new one. Write a story about something that happened because your main character got really, really, really, really drunk.

Seems appropriate for New Years. Might even be autobiographical depending on how tonight ends up...

5 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Alright. Here’s a new one. Write a story about something that happened because your main character got really, really, really, really drunk.

An M theme?  Uh...well I can try to PG it but I'm warning you now it won't be pretty.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

An M theme?  Uh...well I can try to PG it.

It’s your character got drunk. Not your character did an 8-ball of coke and killed a stripper. You’ll be fine.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Seems appropriate for New Years. Might even be autobiographical depending on how tonight ends up...

I know most people aren’t writing fire emblem fanfiction. But I’m going to be a bit miffed if I don’t see at least one Lissa went shot-for-shot with Gregor at Winterfest and got absolutely annihilated, or some such nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

It’s your character got drunk. Not your character did an 8-ball of coke and killed a stripper. You’ll be fine.

I know most people aren’t writing fire emblem fanfiction. But I’m going to be a bit miffed if I don’t see at least one Lissa went shot-for-shot with Gregor at Winterfest and got absolutely annihilated, or some such nonsense. 

Maybe Anonymous Speed can do a follow up to his "is it okay to fuck dragon girls" with an "is the legal to let dragon girls drink."

41 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Follow-Up questions: whats their tolerance level??? (wouldn't be half-surprised to learn Nowi can outdrink Basilio, tbh)

Well if the mythical Japanese serpent (which is basically a dragon depending on how one wants to interpret it) Orochi is anything to go by, then it'd be quite low. Since the method by which Susano-o slew the beast was getting it drunk first (which is simulated in the game Okami very beautifully).

The other question is what kind of drunk is the dragon girl in question? If she is an angry drunk and can muster a full transformation when intoxicated, then goodbye to the bar!

This is one of the reasons why I seriously think Dheg had to relocate dragonkind to Goldoa in Tellius. One act of dragon-nondragon interactions gone by luck and a lack of discipline amuck, and you'd have real terrible accident. Possibly to be followed by anti-dragon hate crimes due to anger at nondragon deaths caused by the intoxicated dragon's rampage. If any dragon were to be killed in said hate crimes, well it'd be another 20+ years before another dragon is born, and another ~200 years before they achieve maturity.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well if the mythical Japanese serpent (which is basically a dragon depending on how one wants to interpret it) Orochi is anything to go by, then it'd be quite low. Since the method by which Susano-o slew the beast was getting it drunk first (which is simulated in the game Okami very beautifully).

The other question is what kind of drunk is the dragon girl in question? If she is an angry drunk and can muster a full transformation when intoxicated, then goodbye to the bar!

This is one of the reasons why I seriously think Dheg had to relocate dragonkind to Goldoa in Tellius. One act of dragon-nondragon interactions gone by luck and a lack of discipline amuck, and you'd have real terrible accident. Possibly to be followed by anti-dragon hate crimes due to anger at nondragon deaths caused by the intoxicated dragon's rampage. If any dragon were to be killed in said hate crimes, well it'd be another 20+ years before another dragon is born, and another ~200 years before they achieve maturity.

This is pure head-canon and I have absolutely nothing to support this. But I feel like manakete biology has some kind of super advanced auto-detox system, whereby:

1) Its basically impossible for them to die from alcohol poisoning

2) It would take a comically absurd amount of fortified spirits + hard liquor to get one "drunk" 

Edited by Shoblongoo

14 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

I have an idea for this one. Mind you, I had an idea for the last one as well, but still. I have an idea.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

Don't make the story too interesting now, I'd like to win if possible.

6 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

your character did an 8-ball of coke and killed a stripper.

Actually I think I like this prompt better.

6 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

The Chrom Conspiracy 2: The Lissa Liaison

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Maybe Anonymous Speed can do a follow up to his "is it okay to fuck dragon girls" with an "is the legal to let dragon girls drink."

(I can't get rid of this weird gap because mobile)

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Follow-Up questions: whats their tolerance level??? (wouldn't be half-surprised to learn Nowi can outdrink Basilio, tbh)

Don't sound too enthused now.

I mean I might spin that into something anyway but don't anyway.

14 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

...Dear goodness. I may have to break out one of my obscure Star Children for this.

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

In fact, I'm also beginning to lose interest in this contest all together because few of the themes picked have been to my liking. No offense to anyone, most of these themes just haven't really been my thing. I still wish good luck to those who will write for them.

You're all good, only two of the six have been to my liking as well, just remember you're free to hop in whenever you see something that does appeal. Sorry to hear about your family, that's not a fun Christmastime gift.

10 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

You're all good, only two of the six have been to my liking as well, just remember you're free to hop in whenever you see something that does appeal. Sorry to hear about your family, that's not a fun Christmastime gift.

Thanks. And yeah, though she passed a few days after Christmas, technically. So we're starting the new year off with a funeral...literally. Service begins tomorrow and burial is the 2nd.

But Jesus Christ, can we start a new year off nicely for a change again? Last year a family member had a heart attack on New Year's Day. Though she was fine in the end. This isn't the family member that just passed either.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks. And yeah, though she passed a few days after Christmas, technically. So we're starting the new year off with a funeral...literally. Service begins tomorrow and burial is the 2nd.

But Jesus Christ, can we start a new year off nicely for a change again? Last year a family member had a heart attack on New Year's Day. Though she was fine in the end. This isn't the family member that just passed either.

geez that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. You have my sincerest condolences and I hope 2019 ends up being a much better year for you.

1 minute ago, Otts486 said:

geez that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. You have my sincerest condolences and I hope 2019 ends up being a much better year for you.

Me too. This year wasn't really horrible, but it wasn't great at all either.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Didn't it take like a dozen barrels of sake to get Orochi drunk? That would suggest they have an immensely high tolerance level.

Edited by Jotari

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

I might actually use that idea, or some variation of it. Sounds more fun then anything else I'm currently thinking up.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

"is the legal to let dragon girls drink."

Frick. I totally missed this.

"Is the legal"

Very Seth.

1 hour ago, DarthR0xas said:

I might actually use that idea, or some variation of it. Sounds more fun then anything else I'm currently thinking up.

I'll take that as a cue to do something else, then?

The poll's over? I was halfway through giving feedback for the stories and hadn't even voted yet, but, no worries I guess.

I don't know for sure if I'm entering the contest but I'm learning towards a "no" currently. I actually wasn't even planning on staying on these forums after this contest was over, really, and I'm kind of reconsidering that as well but I don't know for sure, again. I'm busy with life lately and I'll see how things go, though hopefully everything should calm down somewhat now that the holidays are done. 

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

P-Please let's forget this ever happened and not make the same mistake again.

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'll take that as a cue to do something else, then?

Nah, I'm taking a different variation that doesn't actually go into legality of it, plus it's a broader idea so feel free to do it. Don't let whatever I'm doing stop you.

Interesting prompt idea. Maybe I could just write a story about how I drank too much wine on NYE and sent my sister about three dozen messages as I watched The Fellowship of the Ring ranging from philosophical talk to fangirling over Peter Jackson to "LEGOALAS STAB THE TROLL IN THE FACE YAS." 

1 hour ago, Farina's Pegasus said:

The poll's over? I was halfway through giving feedback for the stories and hadn't even voted yet, but, no worries I guess.

I don't know for sure if I'm entering the contest but I'm learning towards a "no" currently. I actually wasn't even planning on staying on these forums after this contest was over, really, and I'm kind of reconsidering that as well but I don't know for sure, again. I'm busy with life lately and I'll see how things go, though hopefully everything should calm down somewhat now that the holidays are done. 

You do you! I'd still be interested in seeing some belated feedback, and I'd also be interested in seeing another piece from you if you chose to enter. 

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'd still be interested in seeing some belated feedback, and I'd also be interested in seeing another piece from you if you chose to enter. 

Aye—I’ll second that.

4 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Question: Would strong language count as over PG 13 rated? Mainly the F bomb and "cunt"

#DrunkyDundun

#CuntIsBritishAF

Go for it.