I'm probably going to start playing one of the games from the Castlevania series

King Marth 64

Since that I did beat Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon which I heard that was a spiritual successor of the Castlevania franchise and the creator of Castlevania did developed that game. And plus with Simon Belmont and Richter Belmont were added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, that I think I will might try out the Castlevania franchise. I was thinking of downloading from the Nintendo eShop and starting to trying out with the first Castlevania title on my Nintendo 3DS system. (And playing Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Castlevania III: Dracula's Castle, Super Castlevania IV, and Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - playing Rondo of Blood story and Symphony of the Night) But, I got a few questions about Castlevania franchise.:

1. How difficult is it compared to Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, I know there's some difficulty in each Stage? (especially with that Stage 8 that had those creatures wreaking the castle that I had to do a suicidal reset to get the stairs and the floor back on the tower.) Is Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is more difficult than the Castlevania series or is Castlevania series more difficult than Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon?
  2. And second, I did heard Dracula X on the SNES is not really the quite same as Rondo of Blood and the remake The Dracula X Chronicles, what were the differences between Dracula X and Rondo of Blood by the way?
Edited by King Marth 64

I can't really help with difficulty compared with Bloodstained, since I haven't gotten around to playing Bloodstained.

For your second question though, I believe Dracula X is considered harder than Rondo, with different levels, only one playable character, and somewhat major story differences (most notable being that Maria and Annette are actual sisters instead of close friends, and Shaft was removed entirely).  Dracula X is non-canon/alternate universe, Rondo and DXC are the correct version of the events (DXC is basically a more serious version of Rondo, none of the story/dialog changes there contradict the original story).

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1. While I havent finished Bloodstained (though I've played several levels), if played on veteran (i.e. with knockback), it most seems to resemble Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse in my opinion.

2. Dracula X on the Snes and Rondo of Blood (or Dracula X Chronicles on the PSP) are largely different games. Levels, bosses, the story. None of it was safe from sweeping changes. One can't play Maria on the Snes, the Dracula battle goes up in difficulty due to a large amount of insta-death holes in the floor (which wouldn't be so bad if the series didn't have knockback), there's no "Branching paths" on the Snes and therefore you don't get two possible bosses in levels 1-5. There's a number of other differences, but a lot of people say the Snes game is a butchered port, and having played both I do admit I see why. Dracula X Chronicles is my preferred way to play (partially because you can unlock Rondo of Blood's original gameplay and a souped up version of Symphony of the Night)

Another bit of advice. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest is, if you use a map, pretty easy. If you don't use a good map it's frustrating because the in game clues suffered from bad translation and don't make sense. The other thing is, because you need to grind hearts to buy stuff in the game and a game over will remove all your hearts (a mechanic unique to the game), it can become a bit of a grind. Don't take that the wrong way. I love Castlevania II and have played through it several times. It's just it's an acquired taste. It's just, I want to make sure it doesn't sour you early on.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon plays exactly like the old Castlevanias, especially with Miriam, but it's easier in both level layout and bosses than any traditional Castlevania game (as in, not counting for Metroidvanias).

Castlevania the Adventure ReBirth is pretty good for beginners, since it's neither too hard nor too easy, similarly to Bloodstained CotM. It also has alternate paths through stages. Rondo of Blood has this AND stage branches, and it's a harder game. I'd recommend both now since you're fresh from Bloodstained CotM, but it's your choice, the classic Simon games and Castlevania 3, which has multiple chars just like Bloodstained, are also good (if not kinda clunky on hindsight).