Boyz II Men's thread

Pengaius

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many different ways to make the "perfect burger," but I think few can truly argue that the meat is not perfected in the form of a smash burger, a small lump of quality beef smashed against a griddle and cooked to perfection in at most a couple of minutes.

There are many variants of this technique, and I myself lack the experience to pick a preferred style, but regardless, melty American cheese is hard to beat.

I personally like patty melts, but it can be debated if they count as a burger. A more traditional, on-a-bun burger should still feature lightly toasted buns, though, but only on the cut side, while the rest should remain soft.

Onions, in my opinion, are a must. Other vegetables are excellent for adding a freshness to the overall profile, with my second choice going to some leafy greens. None of those crunchy stems, though, because that is too much water and crunch when you bite into it. A tomato is also a bit soggy, but it complements the texture better and has an excellent flavor. Onion, tomato and lettuce are classic toppings for a reason, but spicing it up with caramelized onions is never a bad idea, they have a sweetness which is absolutely fantastic.

Oh, and pickles. Can't forget the pickles.

On 12/20/2018 at 6:57 AM, Pengaius said:

Alright so what makes a good burger, cheeses? Lettuce? Tomato? Mayonnaise?

Whats the ideal burger in your opinion

The size and variety of ingredients makes a good burger. It has to be a buffet in a bite that you cannot actually eat in one bite without being super messy!

My dream burger is a combination of McDonald's Air, Land, and Sea Burger crossed with Carl Jr.'s Most American Thickburger with a hint West Coast flair; it is American obesity epidemic incarnate with a facade of California's hot sexiness on top. The most important ingredients are bolded and underlined.

Top Bun
Spicy Chicken Patty
Guacamole
Onion
Bacon Strip (Provides friction to keep the slippery vegetables together.)
Tomato
Potato Chips (Provides friction to keep the slippery vegetables together.)
Lettuce
Beef Patty
Habenero Pepper (Freshly sliced with ALL the seeds kept.)
American Cheese (Melted; helps adhere the hot dog to the patty.)
Hot Dog (Scored to provide more friction, then sliced length wise in half, with the flat side on bottom)
Ketchup, Dijon Mustard, Relish, and Sriracha
CrissCut Fries
Pollock Patty (Pollock is my favorite fish.)
Bottom Bun

I also want to see Taylor Swift eat this.

Edited by XRay

That sounds positively disgusting. There's five different meats all fighting for dominance of the dish.

The simplicity of a classic style burger allows for the flavor profile to take a singular basis- an all beef patty, and make the tastiest thing possible out of that. It's like a foundation for a building.

That monstrosity is like having a building which is 50% foundation and with walls shooting off the sides.

14 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

That sounds positively disgusting. There's five different meats all fighting for dominance of the dish.

I see it as meats working together to compliment each other.

The simplicity of a classic style burger allows for the flavor profile to take a singular basis- an all beef patty, and make the tastiest thing possible out of that. It's like a foundation for a building.

But that is too bland, and one patty is not enough to satisfy me. My burgers must be Super Size big and filling. I need multiple patties with a variety of flavors and textures.

That monstrosity is like having a building which is 50% foundation and with walls shooting off the sides.

I see my burger as a mansion with a harem in it.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I see my burger as a mansion with a harem in it.

A fitting comparison, for your burger is a morally repugnant demonstration of excessive hedonism the parking of which induces illness, except eating that burger might be worse than getting chlamydia.