What other franchise would you like to have a crossover with FE?

Chopper...

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

And this isn't even getting started on the possibilities with a  Bionicle crossover...

....If that led to a set containing a Camus with a mount, I would be entirely on board regardless of anything else.

I think we'd assume we're working with FE as the combat system though (Mainly because the only Bionicle games that have any less than niche respect in the fandom were the point-and-click titles (Fittingly enough, SoV proves that's not something FE would entirely ignore. :P)). Probably stick with G1 too, G2's lore leaves a bit to be desired to work with imo.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Fantasy probably, as both franchises are very dear to me.

i believe it would be amazing if we had something with:

- Final Fantasy Tactics maps with isometric, rotating, zooming view;

- mixed FF/FE skills/magic/weapons mechanics;

- a roster with all classes available from both franchises( or mainly from FFXIV and FE Awakening/Fates as starters ). needless to say, all main heroes and villains from both series would be required;

- non-chibi character sprites. or rather, having all characters in 3D Cel-shading( like in Guilty Gear Xrd ), or eventually just in 3D;

- a non-linear game with multiple choices to be made throu the story, and multiple endings depending on the paths taken;

- possibly a good story without "plot devices" and a serious background, such as that of FF Tactics, or FE Genealogy of the Holy War.

that would probably be the perfect crossover for me.

Fire Emblem X Legend of Zelda is a favorite idea of mine, fire emblem mechanics are my recommendation personally, maybe they could crossover FEW with HW after FEW gets a properly represented roster.

after that I would love to see a big fire emblem crossover including every character in the series (everyone is here meme goes here), might be a bit bloated, but god that would be fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Fortnite

Funnily enough i would actually like to see a Mario RPG crossover, the Mario & Luigi RPG's hold a special place in my Heart even if it would be kinda awkward. 

Although we have Smash and that's the best Fire emblem crossover.

I know we've already got FE x SMT, but i would really love to see one leaning more towards Persona?

I havent played Mirage Sessions, so I don't really know what the story is like, but I'd like one with a darker storyline, much like Persona 3. I think it'd be cool.

On 04/10/2018 at 8:46 AM, Geenoble said:

Fortnite

Funnily enough i would actually like to see a Mario RPG crossover, the Mario & Luigi RPG's hold a special place in my Heart even if it would be kinda awkward. 

Although we have Smash and that's the best Fire emblem crossover.

The Mario & Luigi games hold a very special place in my heart too, so I'm definitely in favor of that, I don't care how weird it would be, I love weird stuff anyway! It would be awesome if it included Starlow and Prince Dreambert because I had a lot of fun with them and I love Dream Team to pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanna see a messed-up childhood fantasy of mine? FE x Spongebob. I used to want anything anime-like x Spongebob.

In all seriousness, Mario x FE does sound like fun. I myself was thinking maybe FE x Call of Duty Kingdom Hearts, with FE characters appearing every now and then.

14 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'll have one defeat boss map on a boat, 20 x 32 Tellius style, extra archers with an armor and a vulnerary, light weapon weight, make it die, fire tome it, and let it swim.

I concede defeat.

Okay, I think we ought to stop and get back on-topic.

On 10/5/2018 at 8:39 AM, Merly said:

I know we've already got FE x SMT, but i would really love to see one leaning more towards Persona?

I havent played Mirage Sessions, so I don't really know what the story is like, but I'd like one with a darker storyline, much like Persona 3. I think it'd be cool.

I certainly liked playing the first few chapters of Mirage Sessions when I borrowed the game and the Wii U from a friend, although it's very much on the whimsical comedic side. Basically consider it as a lighthearted Persona game with FE cameos. That actually was my very first Atlus game, and got me interested in their other games and led me into Persona 4 Golden (which I finished twice and thinking of doing a part-LP/part-fanfic from) and Persona 3 Portable (which I'm playing now).

On topic, I'd like to see Radiant Historia x Fire Emblem, with the many what-ifs and alternate histories changing scenario outcomes.

On a different note, I previously thought about a possible fanfic of Binding Blade with Pokemon XY. Here is an old entry I wrote on Bulbagarden, and which I edited for this thread:

Spoiler

In terms of nations/characters:
There will be a huge amount of reinterpretation from the original Elibe continent into a Pokeverse version of Europe:

• Lycia (Italian/Latin), or Lycie (French) will be transplanted into Poke-Southern France, bordering Kalos on the north, and Etruria on the east. It was part of the Kalosian metropole, but years of internal colonialism by Kalos prompted the region to declare independence from the huge political mess in Kalos after the Poke-FE version of World War II. Aspects of Southern France and Monaco will be incorporated. Because of this history, there is still a lot of mutual distrust between the two - not unlike, say, RL!Japan and RL!South Korea, for example.
    • Roy(an) and his father Elliwood are one of the latest descendants of the century-old House and Duke of Phaere in the Lycian Alliance, which was revived under a constitutional monarchical system. I still haven't decided who would be Roy's mother, although if I was to play Blazing Sword, I would prefer shipping Eliwood with Lyn, because I would like to think Roy's got his feistiness from his mother, and avoided being mellow like his dad. Despite the mutual distrust between Kalos and Lycia, Roy is determined not to get that in the way of the alliance against the Draconians.
    • Lilina is the latest descendant of the House of Ostia/Estuaire, which controls the capital and main economic centre of Lycia. The families had their title and land under the old Bourbon Dynasty, but were downgraded to pretenders after the Kalosian Revolution. The ducal houses were revived after Lycia's independence and establishment of it's constitutional ducal system.
    • Eric is the Duke of Laus, yet another dukedom inside the Alliance. In the original game, he was branded as a greedy traitor. In this, I am thinking of making him resentful of the humiliating administration by Kalos in the past, and that he saw the Berlinian invasion into Kalos as a good opportunity for revenge.
  • The Kingdom of Etruria (Regno d'Etruria (Italian)) will occupy roughly where the Italian peninsula is in real-life, and would also be the equivalent of Italy, socially, culturally. The only difference will be the retention of the monarchy after Poke-FE!WWII which is now a constitutional figure.
    • King Moderato (Mordred) is the reluctant king of Etruria who have struggled in his royal duty of guiding the constitutional monarchy; it has gone worse ever since the apparent death of Moderato's son Prince Elfino (Elphin in the original game). Unusually for a constitutional monarchy, there is also a president which is the actual overseer of the Etrurian government and especially the parliament. Underhanded party politics and entrenched interests by the Etrurian National Party (led by Aracard, Roartz) undermined the good governance of the country, which is only kept in check by the veto-power-wielding President, who had the popular votes. (This is a rare case of a constitutional monarch also ruled by a presidential system.)
  • Ilia may either be Switzerland due to the large number of mercenaries in the original games, or I might make it into post-Cold War Russia, with an economy in even bigger shambles than in real life.
  • The Western Isles in the original Binding Blade would be reinterpreted as the Kingdom of Iberia (Reino de Iberia (Spanish); Reino da Iberia (Portugese)), being the equivalent of Spain and Portugal in a even worse financial crisis than in real-life. The original Western Isles are colonies of Etruria. Here, Iberia is under administration of the Erebian/European Union because of the former's inability to settle it's external debts. While it may have been necessary, the utter corruption of the administration and abuse of power of the officials makes this deeply unpopular.
  • The villain nation of Bern from the original will be Berlin, which is essentially Germany. Originally a federal republic (Bundesrepublik Berlin (German)), it is overthrown by the Draconians to establish the Draconic Kingdom (Drakonischereich Berlin (German)): a Neo-Nazi militant group that wants to revive ancient Dragon-types. Due to the Draconians' use of some of the ancient and powerful dragons, and their ruthlessness in taking over the cities and seats of governments, the military were powerless to stop them from eventually taking over the federal government, and the republican government went into exile in United States of Columbia.
    • King Desmund [Desmond in FE7] and Prince Zefiel [Zephiel in FE7] are the last pretenders of the long-gone Draconic rulers in one of the old Berlinian Dukedoms. The Draconians had power in the military and government for most of Kingdom of Berlin until it's demise after World War 1. While they were ostracized during the short Weimar Republic, they were given some power under Adolf Hitler's Nazi Berlin. They have a special connections with the legendary dragons of the nation, and sent the powerful dragons to battle in World War II, in which they were responsible for annihilating opposing armies, and sometimes even civilians. After the war, they were stigmatized, and even persecuted for a few generations most of the time until today, until when they were rediscovered by far-right groups, who joined forces to take over the country.
    • Professor Zager, from the BW Pokémon Anime, was originally a Berlinian scientist serving Desmond and Zephyr. However, he was sent to Team Rocket as part of an alliance with them. Sometime before the XY Anime started, he was recalled to deal with more internal matters. He is quite vain and cruel like Narcian, and the two would be responsible for the numerous war crimes that Draconic Berlin would cause.
    • Zanner and Lyon [Annie and Oakley], like Zager, were also Draconians briefly sent to Team Rocket to steal the Soul Dew during the events of Pokémon Heros. In this crossover universe, Alto Mare is one of the regional cities for Etruria.
  • The Kalosian Republic (Republique du Kalos (French))will also be incorporated into this crossover, being the Pokémon equivalent of the French Republic. So far, it is also the only nation in this crossover-Elibe/Europe originating from Pokémon (XY). Lysandre and Team Flare are the Kalosian supremacists that resembles both Jean-Marie Le Pen's National Front and the Neo-Vichy Regime that joins hands with the Draconians.
    • Saul (BB), Virion (Awakening), and Prof Sycamore (Pokémon XY) are all relatives under the former House of Rosanne in Kalos. The family's rather romantic attitude toward the opposite gender is quite legendary - it runs in the entire family, and the three are no exception. However, Saul is ome of the few offsprings in the family that is ashamed of this, and is actively seeking solace in the Holy Lord and his devotion to the Catholic Church, which saw him being sent to Etruria.
    • Dianthea (Diantha) and Charlotte are the unmarried descendants of the de Gaulle family, being (the fictional) granddaughters of the late Kalosian (and RL!French) statesman Charles de Gaulle. Dianthea would form the resistance with her fellow trainers, while Charlotte leads the proper military and stall the invading forces.
  • Nabatha is just one of many North African countries that was formerly colonised by Greater Kalos. Here, however, the declaration of independence was less messy than in real life French North Africa, and a more moderate form of Islam took over the region, and thus the region as a whole is more stable. Anti-Kalosian sentiment is actually weaker here than in Lycia.

I've still yet to figure out how to work the Scourage from the original game. It will probably be something similar to the religious wars that ravaged across Europe in 16-18th Centuries. There are going to be multiple scourages, actually, with the latest one being WWII. 

As for the other countries outside of Elibe:

• The United States of Columbia would be the USA equivalent and is the Pokeverse version of the arsenal of democracy. Unova, Orre, and Alola would form part of Columbia as the Pokeverse equivalent of New York, Arizona/Southern California, and Hawaii, respectively.
  • Shoyo (昇陽国; しょうようこく; Shou'youkoku (Japanese)) would be Poke-Japan with an alternate World War Two which resulted in a republican movement eventually rebelling against the Imperialist establishment. They would establish the postwar democracy with their Columbian allies, and the right-wing nationalists generally had less political power than in RL!Japan. The republicans, however, could not depose the Emperor - they had to make a compromise with the more nationalistic factions, and instead forced Emperor Hirohito to abdicate, and Crown Prince Akihito ascend to the throne earlier than in Real Life. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are four out of six/seven regions for the nation. For this crossover, however, characters originating from Fire Emblem Fates Birthright and Tokyo Mirage Sessions will appear. (There may even be cameos from the Persona series resulting from the TMSFE connection.)
    • Speaking of which, why was Satoshi [Ash] and Co in Alto Mare during the Johto arc? Well, Wataru [Lance] from the Shoyo Military Police Agency (国防警察庁) took note of Satoshi's achievements as shown in the Movies 1-3, and appointed Satoshi as one of Wataru's part-time agents. Interpol would ask the SMPA for help, and usually Wataru (and sometimes Ibuki) would embark on the mission. When he is unavailable, Satoshi would act on Wataru's behalf - thus why Satoshi gets sent to the various beautiful places across the globe in the various Pokemon movies. Other members of the Agency includes Saizo, Kagero (whose real name is Sae Niijima - she's a composite character from FE Fates and Persona 5), and Suzukaze (all code names).
    • Crown Princess Mitsuko (慎子皇太子; basically Fates!Mikoto with a more realistic name) is the first on the line to ascention, and is expected to be the first female tenno for centuries. While there are still some resistance to that plan in more right-wing circles, there is less political resistance than in RL!Japan, having been more open-minded of the examples like the current Queen Elizabeth II, and other female monarchs in Europe.
    • On the more modern side of the institution, we have the Prime Minister Fuminori Konoe (近衛文憲), and Diplomacy Minister Shikimi Manakano (真中野指揮魅). The former went missing during the coup, and the latter become the acting Prime Minister for Free Shoyo after the coup until the former was rescued. While Fuminori is a staunch believer in the current post-WWII institution of democracy, his grandfather Fumimaro was unsurprisingly (for real-life history buffs) quite the opposite - an irony which many Shoyoese political commentators pointed out.
      • As for Shikimi, a little known fact is that she used to be Kanto's Contest Champion until her retirement in her late 20s - she abandoned all she had in her coordinator's life to become a politician. She eventually married Yoichi Manakano (真中野陽一), who similarly was a former Pokemon champion until he stepped down for the new champion, and worked in the Shoyoese National Bank (昇陽国立銀行 or 昇国銀) - which he is now the Bank Governor of. The majority of former champions lead mundane (if also stable) lives after they retire, while a handful end up washed-up versions of their former selves. In recent years, the League started to prepare trainers for their post-championship careers - Wataru was one such person, who continued his work as an officer of the Military Police even before he became champion, and is notable for being successful and famous in both. There is still only two cases where the former champions became more successful in their second careers - Yoichi and Shikimi (as Bank Governor and Government Minister), in which their former Pokemon championships are little mentioned about except between trainers, contestants, and their followers.
    • In this version, Team Rocket is a right-wing (uyoku) restorationist political/terrorist organization that would join forces with the Draconians - basically starting over the Pokeverse version of World War II. Many of the main characters from Shoyo (including Satoshi/Ash Ketchum himself) would join in the liberation effort with Roy.

The basic story is pretty much similar to the original:
Roy, Lilina are Pokémon trainers, who are in their final days in the Royal Academy of Pokémon. The will be sent to flight against the Draconians who usurped the republican government of Berlin (Bern in the original games). The Draconians will include Zephyr, Murdock and others, as Pokémon trainers who are the ringleaders for the coup.

After the Kalos league's finals is finished, Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) and Alain finds out that Lysandre joined forces with the Draconic Nation of Berlin, and the latter invaded Kalos and storming into Illumis [Lumiose]. Satoshi/Serena and co evacuates to Saxceltia and eventually back to Shoyo. Kalos was overrun, and Lycia was next in the Belinian conquest. The defense of Kiloude City by Hector d'Ostia and other Lycian houses ended badly (as with Araphen in the original BB game); with apparently nothing to stop the Berlinians it is only a matter of time before Lycia is overrun. Meanwhile the United Nations in Castelia City (Unova, Columbia) is holding a Security Council meeting with different nations to form another United Nations military coalition, with the institution trying to negotiate the nations' vying interests.

The neo-WWII nightmare would not end there, however. Sakaki [Giovanni] would eventually follow suit, in which he and Team Rocket staged a coup at the National Diet in Yamabuki [Saffron] City, and took Emperor Akihito and his family hostage. On top of all of this, he would declare the revival of the Empire of Shoyo (大昇陽帝国), which the anti-government rebels during World War II previously replaced it with the post-WWII democracy. Opposing him is Crown Princess Mitsuko with a letter from her father, describing instructions for a dire emergency. The letter declares her as Regent until Akihito is either safe or dead. The new Regent, with Shikimi as her Acting Prime Minister (as the original Prime Minister went missing amidst the chaos), rallies the loyalist forces at Kogane [Goldenrod] City and starts the march across the Tokaido...

For the characters: The Fire Emblem characters will be reinterpreted to become Pokémon trainers, and will wage war alongside the Pokémon characters. I hope that I can include all characters from Binding Blade, plus certain characters from the Blazing Sword generation and other FE characters.

Edited by henrymidfields

On 8/17/2018 at 7:06 AM, SuperDK said:

I feel like a FE game that plays similarly to The Legend of Zelda would be pretty cool. 

Oooh, I like that idea.

But hey, they really need to get some Fire Emblem characters into a big Nintendo fighting game mash-up--oh wait.

Well, I could think of a few;

Fire Emblem X Legend of Zelda

Fire Emblem X Dark Souls

Fire Emblem X Final Fantasy

Fire Emblem X Golden Sun

An actual Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem game.