What other franchise would you like to have a crossover with FE?

Chopper...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just one penguin, though I think more appear during flashbacks to a certain event. Anyway, hmm, I see. Just as mecha designs. Not a bad idea, but I'd prefer it if actual FE characters show up.

What if the FE characters piloted mecha of themselves? That is until the post game, where you unlock the ability to mix and match mecha with pilot/commander abilities.

Call of Duty. I want to see Eliwood's head get blown off, and Hector has to report that he's FUBAR.

For real though, I've been saying this since FEW, and Three Houses makes me feel this even stronger, but we should get a Kingdom Under Fire-style FE game. I doubt anyone gives a shit about that franchise anymore, so I doubt it'd even be a crossover at this point, but a squad-based FE RTS where it becomes a hero focused action game once a battle starts seems like it'd be a solid game. It's kind of how I imagine Fire Emblem actually goes down, anyway.

On 20/08/2018 at 7:14 AM, NinjaMonkey said:

Ace Attorney Legend of Zelda.

I'm down for anything Ace Attorney related, I firmly believe AA can adapt itself into any and all other types of game. ALL OF THEM.

On 20/08/2018 at 6:42 PM, Slumber said:

Call of Duty

Please, no

On 20/08/2018 at 6:42 PM, Slumber said:

For real though, I've been saying this since FEW, and Three Houses makes me feel this even stronger, but we should get a Kingdom Under Fire-style FE game. I doubt anyone gives a shit about that franchise anymore, so I doubt it'd even be a crossover at this point, but a squad-based FE RTS where it becomes a hero focused action game once a battle starts seems like it'd be a solid game. It's kind of how I imagine Fire Emblem actually goes down, anyway.

This would be absolutely amazing :>_<:!!! We need this, IntSys!

Fire Emblem and XCOM is something that'd be interesting to see. You'd have to research new equipment and classes. There would be a better balance of ranged and melee attacks than what is currently present in both series. And Fire Emblem and Psionics have several possibilities gameplaywise. Besides, a medieval fantasy world having to deal with an alien invasion and the defenders using captured technology to give them a boost in the conflict is already a unique premise.

A crossover with Mount and Blade would add sandbox elements to Fire Emblem, which could work rather nicely. Each nation would have some unique classes, named characters would work similarly to Heroes, and you could hire generic units that level up and promote if you use the enough, but you don't need to worry too much if they die. Starting off as a mercenary group leader that has the potential of becoming a lord and even king just seems fitting in an open world Fire Emblem game, along with the choice of influencing or ignoring the global and national politics.

While not exactly a franchise, I'd also like to see a crossover between Fire Emblem and Sword of the Samurai. Hoshido already shows that Fire Emblem could work with medieval Japan aesthetics, but they could always go further. They might need to make several of the solo minigames into skirmishes with a group behind your back, but if they  make a single person dominating the battle field with Fire Emblem gameplay interesting and engaging, they may not have to (besides, Sword of the Samurai already has a minigame of a single Samurai completely destroying a much larger force, and it manages to be realistic and down to earth). A turn based stealth minigame about rescuing or taking a hostage or assassinating someone could work in a Fire Emblem fashion, along with how easily a stealth mission could turn violent. The large scale battles are already fire emblem like, although they might need to remove the weapon triangle, and occur pretty often. The only minigame that isn't Fire Emblem like is the sword fighting, but it works well enough as is.

On 20/8/2018 at 1:39 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

What if the FE characters piloted mecha of themselves? That is until the post game, where you unlock the ability to mix and match mecha with pilot/commander abilities.

Just now this reminded me.

Not quite mecha, but close enough: Something akin to Hero Senki, where it's all power armor. Heck, Hero Senki itself is already a cross-over between Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and Gundam, where the latter two don't appear as-is (as in, no giant Ultramen or mechas), but also suit-like like KR. Now imagine FE characters also suiting up tokusatsu-style (I could totally see Owain/Odin doing this here, lol). Ah man, that has potential... but also unlikely to happen in any official matter.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just now this reminded me.

Not quite mecha, but close enough: Something akin to Hero Senki, where it's all power armor. Heck, Hero Senki itself is already a cross-over between Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and Gundam, where the latter two don't appear as-is (as in, no giant Ultramen or mechas), but also suit-like like KR. Now imagine FE characters also suiting up tokusatsu-style (I could totally see Owain/Odin doing this here, lol). Ah man, that has potential... but also unlikely to happen in any official matter.

Didn't we get a Fire Emblem game about magical pop idols or something?

I didn't play it but I mean anything really goes after that.

24 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Didn't we get a Fire Emblem game about magical pop idols or something?

I didn't play it but I mean anything really goes after that.

In theory, yes, but some things are still on the side of unlikely.

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎20 at 4:39 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Another great reason for an FE x Xenoblade crossover. I mean; think about it; could you imagine FE characters piloting Faced Mechon or Skells of themselves?

I can imagine a few cool examples:

Amethyst Face (Robin)

Onyx Face (Black Knight)

Silver Face (Micaiah)

Emerald Face (Sothe)

Sapphire Face (Ike)

No Tellius favouritism at all...

So,  I just came with the realization that a platform game with Metroidvania/Souls-like mechanics using the 2D sprites we know from FE4 and 5, different weapon types and combat styles would be... nice?

1 hour ago, Rapier said:

So,  I just came with the realization that a platform game with Metroidvania/Souls-like mechanics using the 2D sprites we know from FE4 and 5, different weapon types and combat styles would be... nice?

That would be nice, hard to imagine but when you do it's nice :o

I honestly want FExPokemon even if the devs said it's unlikely at some point

25 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

That would be nice, hard to imagine but when you do it's nice :o

I honestly want FExPokemon even if the devs said it's unlikely at some point

It's funny how traditional FE does not mix with the idea of a 2D Metroidvania, but there are plenty of assets present in FE games for that.

Just pick the combat animations and you have a 2D environment, sprites, moves, sound effects, music (some would need remixes, though, or just shamelessly copypaste the Dynasty Warriors FE for the Wii U), graphic effects and the like. There are plenty of enemy models who'd fit a Souls-like game, like FE2 and FE8's monster sprites, dragons and promoted monsters who could serve as bosses/midbosses, plenty of weapons with sprites, soldier enemies that wouldn't look out of place in a Metroidvania, drop rates, healing items etc.

Edited by Rapier

3 hours ago, Rapier said:

It's funny how traditional FE does not mix with the idea of a 2D Metroidvania, but there are plenty of assets present in FE games for that.

Just pick the combat animations and you have a 2D environment, sprites, moves, sound effects, music (some would need remixes, though, or just shamelessly copypaste the Dynasty Warriors FE for the Wii U), graphic effects and the like. There are plenty of enemy models who'd fit a Souls-like game, like FE2 and FE8's monster sprites, dragons and promoted monsters who could serve as bosses/midbosses, plenty of weapons with sprites, soldier enemies that wouldn't look out of place in a Metroidvania, drop rates, healing items etc.

Now I wanna create something like that, but I'm no expert at making fan games, I just sprite stuff ;w;

I'm not too sure about a crossover per se, but I have something related I'd like to see. What I've fantasized about was a fanfic of the following: a Fire Emblem Binding Blade story set in the modern-day Pokemon setting, and also cross over with real-life World War 2, with politics and battles similar to said part of history. The nations of Elibe and Kalos are featured in the main war theatre, but Columbia (Unova) and Shoyo (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Shinnoh) also participate in diplomacy and trade. And while the characters from Binding Blade plays centre stage, other characters also join in as cameos. (Unova would definitely see a Fates!Arthur. Meanwhile the stars from Tokyo/Yamabuki Mirage Sessions are the superstar idols of Shoyo.)

Edited by henrymidfields

12 minutes ago, henrymidfields said:

I'm not too sure about a crossover per se, but I have something related I'd like to see. What I've fantasized about was a fanfic of the following: a Fire Emblem Binding Blade story set in the modern-day Pokemon setting, and also cross over with real-life World War 2, with politics and battles similar to said part of history. The nations of Elibe and Kalos are featured in the main war theatre, but Columbia (Unova) and Shoyo (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Shinnoh) also participate in diplomacy and trade. And while the characters from Binding Blade plays centre stage, other characters also join in as cameos. (Unova would definitely see a Fates!Arthur. Meanwhile the stars from Tokyo/Yamabuki Mirage Sessions are the superstar idols of Shoyo.)

Hmm, that reminds me of my plans of an FE6 fic inspired by Earthbound and Percy Jackson. It'll basically be the Binding Blade but set in 21st century America (specifically 2015). It'll have dragons and magic and gods and stuff, but everything else is basically the real world. The four main characters will be Roy, Wolt, Lilina, and Jerrot, with them going on a cross-country road trip to find the legendary weapons and defeat the corrupt politician Zephiel, who's using his political position as a front to return the world to the dragons, who either stayed hidden on Earth or fled through the Dragon's Gate. There'll be many references and guest characters between chapters, because Jerrot's car has five seats.

Does it sound intriguing or stupid?

1 minute ago, Purple Mage said:

Hmm, that reminds me of my plans of an FE6 fic inspired by Earthbound and Percy Jackson. It'll basically be the Binding Blade but set in 21st century America (specifically 2015). It'll have dragons and magic and gods and stuff, but everything else is basically the real world. The four main characters will be Roy, Wolt, Lilina, and Jerrot, with them going on a cross-country road trip to find the legendary weapons and defeat the corrupt politician Zephiel, who's using his political position as a front to return the world to the dragons, who either stayed hidden on Earth or fled through the Dragon's Gate. There'll be many references and guest characters between chapters, because Jerrot's car has five seats.

Does it sound intriguing or stupid?

Sounds...more like Persona 5, except set in magical USA.

Just now, henrymidfields said:

Sounds...more like Persona 5, except set in magical USA.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Rick Riordan's work, which focuses on mythological stuff being in present-day America. In fact, it'll somewhat be a shared universe, as the incarnations of the Elibian characters in this setting first appeared in my Pokémon/Percy Jackson crossover fic, with Eliwood giving out a sidequest to the OC protagonist to find Roy and Ninian, leading to the Pheraean family being reunited. Granted, the focus of the story will mostly be on the dragons and such, but sometimes I might throw in the Riordanverse stuff (like Lilina being held hostage by a rogue group of Egyptian magicians as an allusion to Paula being held by the cultists in Earthbound) or even the Pokémon stuff with said OC telling them of Ultra Beast sightings or giving them PokéGears for safe communication because regular cellphones are detected by Greek monsters. Plus, I'm planning the Western Isles arc to be set in the Philippines, because PILIPINAS REPRESENT! :)

I think I've rambled on too much about my ideas, it probably turned you off from the concept. :(

On 8/22/2018 at 8:58 PM, Hawkwing said:

Fire Emblem and XCOM is something that'd be interesting to see. You'd have to research new equipment and classes. There would be a better balance of ranged and melee attacks than what is currently present in both series. And Fire Emblem and Psionics have several possibilities gameplaywise. Besides, a medieval fantasy world having to deal with an alien invasion and the defenders using captured technology to give them a boost in the conflict is already a unique premise.

I completely missed this post.

It's a good idea.

You know, it's not exactly a crossover idea, but wasn't there an RTS called Brutal Legend, where you controlled an army but also had direct control over a single, powerful unit? Maybe something like that could work well in Fire Emblem. If the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo has shown anything, it's that it would at least work for an archer lord.

44 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I completely missed this post.

It's a good idea.

You know, it's not exactly a crossover idea, but wasn't there an RTS called Brutal Legend, where you controlled an army but also had direct control over a single, powerful unit? Maybe something like that could work well in Fire Emblem. If the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo has shown anything, it's that it would at least work for an archer lord.

Brutal Legend was a bunch of things. It was an open world action game, a car combat game, a squad-based melee combat game, a base building RTS, and then finally a hero-based RTS. I'm sure there's a genre or two I missed when describing it.

Kingdom Under Fire specifically hits the "army-based RTS where you control a powerful hero unit", which is why it's the one I feel would fit better. You also level up and give your troops better equipment and whatnot, so it also has the RPG aspect that BL doesn't really.

Edited by Slumber

I'd like to see Fire Emblem crossover with Sonic just because they're two of my favorite video game franchises, and also because the more I think about it the more I think it might actually work. Sonic has already used a sword in one of his own games, so why not?

• Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are the "lords" and use swords, lances, and axes respectively
  • characters like Tails, Cream, and Rouge would be flyers
  • Amy Rose would fit well as a war cleric since she already uses a hammer (it could even be a personal weapon)
  • actually a lot of characters could fit fire emblem classes, like Blaze and Silver = mages, Espio = ninja, Shadow = assassin, Big = general, etc.
  • Knuckles and Rouge get locktouch since they're treasure hunters
  • the gemstones in the Fire Emblem are chaos emeralds and completing the emblem lets Sonic "promote" into Super Sonic
  • instead of fighting generic bandits near the beginning, characters like Nack, Bean, and Bark make a cameo
  • Metal Sonic as the Camus archetype, being powerful and loyal to Eggman to the end
  • the final boss is Dr. Eggman piloting a giant robot dragon or something

I don't think this kind of crossover would take itself too seriously, but it would be fun.

Fire Emblem x Super Mario

RPG Mario games dang near always find a way to incorporate some type of fun way to boost your attacks during assaults and defenses. It's usually achieved by timing and consumption of different items. I can just imagine some of the cartoon violence and fun ways the likes of Mario could interact with enemies such as koopas and kick then down a column of spaces in the world map to deal damage to others. 

The way enemies fight could be hilarious as well. Such as using cartoonist tanks or other obnoxious items. Bowser himself could be someone that does AOE damage to your team. It'll be a lot more fun than just the "he attacks him and she attacks her" pattern. Like seriously, fire emblem had been going along with this battle system for a while now. I wish they could add more dynamic or downright crazy ways to attack other than Ballistea and fire orbs. In the Looney toon-like world of Super Mario, this could happen. Hell, I could imagine a giant mole destroying half the map and changing objectives right now. 

The main Lord of this game (if not Mario) would be a handsome  goomba with blue hair. Cuz why not? Lol

Or how about a handsome Toad?

21 hours ago, Martin said:

The main Lord of this game (if not Mario) would be a handsome  goomba with blue hair. Cuz why not? Lol

You gotta have blue hair.

I was going to say that we already have Mario X Rabbids but some of the ideas put forth here are actually pretty neat. Kind of reminds me of how a developer on X-Com 2 said that he was impressed with how more integrated movement was with the rest of the game in Mario X Rabbids when compared with other tactics games- these ideas feel like they might bring the same sort of new perspective.

Surprisingly enough, a Lego game hasn't been mentioned yet. I could see them  using the normal Lego gameplay with Fire Emblem characters and a few mechanics left over, such as the weapon triangle affecting how easy or difficult fighting certain enemies would be, as well as getting a use out of the various weapon types (like iron-steel-silver and throwing variants, as well as brave and legendary weapons, etc). Stats, leveling up, and classes could also come into play, with different characters and classes having different abilities as standard in a Lego game. Overall, a Fire emblem crossover could put some cool and unique twists on the standard Lego gameplay

On the other side, we haven't had a Lego strategy game in a long time, and the fact that Legos can be constructed in various ways means that Fire Emblem gameplay could be seriously spiced up, with both you and the enemy being able to construct vehicles or fortresses and siege weapons, or bridges, etc. Basically, Dragon Veins with more functions. They could also add certain classes and units that would be constructed out of Lego's, like maybe giants could be added, along with certain shapeshifters. And who knows how studs and unlockables could function in a Fire Emblem game.

They would probably recap Fire Emblem stories instead of creating their own, but considering how hilarious the games parody their source material, I don't think anyone would mind.

And this isn't even getting started on the possibilities with a  Bionicle crossover...