imagine life as a top down srpg

the main problem with this game is that every unit is completely RNG dependent, as the only class (homo sapiens (sapiens)) that you can play, has terrible bases, so you have to baby them until they promote to tier 2; child, then more coddling to get to tier 3; teen, and then you get comfortable, and think that since they're tier 3, they can be relied upon in clutch situations, but NOOOOO. they gain a skill called, "self worth issues" that lowers the valuable TLK stat by something like 40- 70% and even then, once you get to prestige classes, such as; adult, or, youtuber, THERE ARE BARELY ANY PROMOTION GAINS AUGGHHHH THE WHOLE GAME IS JUST RNG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Re: The weirdo. changed the title to imagine life as a top down srpg

Well, if you opt to promote to Nihilistic Memelord, then you can breeze through most of the game.  But then endgame will suck as you realize all those levels you gained as a Memelord were absolutely worthless.

You also have to be careful about certain consumables, particularly if they provide stat buffs.  Those have diminishing returns, and once the buffs wear off, you get tremendous debuffs that'll likely keep you from progressing for, like, fifty turns.  And if you eat too many provisions in one chapter, you may gain a point or two in Con; this has no positive effect on attack speed, as the formula for such is [Speed - (Weapon Weight - Strength)].

It seems like a stretch to call it an SRPG, honestly. I mean, you can't just walk up to a broken object and select "repair". No, you have to go through minigames for almost every single action, no matter how mundane. It doesn't help that the quality of the tutorials seem to range depending on who's giving it. Not to mention that the tutorials themselves are oddly spaced. Why are there a ton over some things I may not even try in this playthrough in the "school" stage, but only one or two nonrepeatable ones while starting a new job? Oh yeah, the permadeath is annoying, but it's better than other examples I've seen.

I will give it this: the world-building is epic, the dialogue is natural, the NPCs have a surprising amount of depth to them once you get to know them, and the graphics won't get any better than this. Heck, this makes 60 frames per second look like crap!

I will also praise the sheer amount of things you can do in this game, although it must have been a pain for the ESRB when deciding what rating to give this game. Some aspects of the health and damage mechanics are disgusting, if dynamic and complex. And don't even get started on how romance works...

Hmm, now that's strange. I'm pretty sure I wasn't allowed to promote into Adult or Youtuber, just the Trash class. When promoting to Trash, all previous skills disappear and you gain the Magikarp Splash skill that allows you to do just that, but with a hint of desperation. It's easy to max out stats, too, since they're not that high.

Edited by Chopper...
Grammar... of course.

8 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Well, if you opt to promote to Nihilistic Memelord, then you can breeze through most of the game.  But then endgame will suck as you realize all those levels you gained as a Memelord were absolutely worthless.

oof you got me