Summer Vacation is almost over...

Corrobin

Heh...  As an adult who isn't going to school, I hate summer.  It's only good for you if you like going into or on the water a lot (and can afford to do so).  Otherwise, I feel like I'm a constantly melting wax figure that can't get out of a disgustingly sweaty bed.  Or when I do go out to swim or whatever, I always wind up with sunburns no matter how diligent I am about the sunscreen, and just recently I got an ear infection from the water, which is some of the worst pain I've experienced in my life.

Spring n' fall are more my jam.  Fall in particular 'cuz that's when all the stupid wasps, hornets, and all the other scary buzzing bastards die off.  Also, October is not only when Halloween happens, but it's also the birthmonth of one of my closest friends who still lives in my town, so I get to actually visit with a friend in that time.

Being an adult means summer is rather blah and since I live in the desert it is too dang hot to enjoy.  Sadly my bday is in the hottest month where I live and it is too hot to want to do anything but stay inside with the AC and pray to anything that listens for rain to cool down the air temp.  Fall is my favorite time of year because there is no wind like spring and it is comfy instead of boiling hot.  

Edited by EricaofRenais

The problem with the adult life is that it sucks as much as school does but you can't get out of it nor leave and go home, it's just there 24/7. Motivational speaker here :P: hahaha. 

I hate summer too, but it's currently winter where I am right now, and I'm tired of feeling constantly and invariably cold for the last few months :>_<:... so if I could get... just a little bit of warmness... just a little ray of sun...

4 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Spring n' fall are more my jam.  Fall in particular 'cuz that's when all the stupid wasps, hornets, and all the other scary buzzing bastards die off.  Also, October is not only when Halloween happens, but it's also the birthmonth of one of my closest friends who still lives in my town, so I get to actually visit with a friend in that time.

Sweet Jesus, I know this feeling. Though barring the Halloween aspect.

32 minutes ago, Chopper... said:

The problem with the adult life is that it sucks as much as school does but you can't get out of it nor leave and go home, it's just there 24/7. Motivational speaker here :P: hahaha. 

I hate summer too, but it's currently winter where I am right now, and I'm tired of feeling constantly and invariably cold for the last few months :>_<:... so if I could get... just a little bit of warmness... just a little ray of sun...

Add more layers?

58 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Add more layers?

The cold just seeps into all the layers of clothing, and sadly I can't take my comforter anywhere I go. Otherwise I'd like nothing more than to go about my day in burrito mode :-_-:...

13 hours ago, Roxas said:

yeah also considering ive been moving more south and south for school summer kind of sucks dick

I've spent a couple July's in Tennessee... and yeah, it sucks major dick.

It's like in the South, you either live in a frying pan or an oven; you're either in a place like Arizona, where just touching a car will literally burn your skin, or you're in Florida, where you are practically melting and everything is heavier and wetter while still being hot as hell.  I'd take the awful six inches of wet snow that's hard to shovel off the driveway that we get in the north during winters any day of the week over the hell on Earth that is the Deep South during the summer.

50 minutes ago, Gnome with a Wand of Death said:

I work outside 50+ hours a week, so summer can go fuck itself

Damn, that's a lot of time you're putting in.  I hope you're getting paid a good wage for that shit, or at least have good benefits.

5 hours ago, blah the Prussian said:

My college starts October 1 boyos

you oxford ass pickelhaube wearing headass son of a duck outrealm boasting motherfucker

i'm like three weeks into medical school z z z z 

On 18/08/2018 at 9:49 PM, Roxas said:

you oxford ass pickelhaube wearing headass son of a duck outrealm boasting motherfucker

i'm like three weeks into medical school z z z z 

After seeing this thread and the fact that you posted in it (on account of your username) coupled with the fact that I've been playing Kingdom Hearts, 1 and 2 both, yesterday. I feel strangely sad...

On 18/08/2018 at 9:55 AM, Jotari said:

Remember kids, it can always get worse.

Huh, yeah. Basically this.

On 8/18/2018 at 7:18 AM, Ertrick36 said:

It's like in the South, you either live in a frying pan or an oven; you're either in a place like Arizona, where just touching a car will literally burn your skin, or you're in Florida, where you are practically melting and everything is heavier and wetter while still being hot as hell.  I'd take the awful six inches of wet snow that's hard to shovel off the driveway that we get in the north during winters any day of the week over the hell on Earth that is the Deep South during the summer.

If you ever plan to move, California has really nice weather along the coast. Inland is hotter, and it can reach triple digits during the summer, but it is not too bad once you get indoors or are under the shade.

Edited by XRay