Do I kill Nephenee for Marisa

Junkhead

Nephenee or Marisa   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Nephenee or Marisa

• Nephenee
    • Marisa

I kind of feel like giving Marisa Wrath. She has a very F2P Sword Nephenee vibe, which I really like. Pink hair is also adorable and she looks funnier and is also kind of awkward.

Then again, I basically went through the trouble of doing Trials in one day just so I can justify keeping one of the two Nepheees I got in the banner.

There will (well, may. I still have yet to pull one. Probably knows I only want her for Wrath fodder...) be other Nephenees. There are only two Marisas. And you can't pull more Marisas, while Nephenee is in the general pool and will probably end up on a Legendary banner at some point if she hasn't already (has she? I honestly don't recall). Plus, Marisa will probably improve appreciably with Wrath, if you want to use her, which I'm guessing you do since you're asking the question. Plus, I think you said you have two Nephenees? Is that the case? Because if it is, then you'll still have one left and really it's just down to deciding which Nephenee gets to stay with you until you need Wrath on someone else.

So, in closing:

KILL NEPHENEE! FEED HER TO MARISA! FOR GREAT WRATHY JUSTICE!

Up to you. Is Marisa your waifu? Does she perform significantly better in the way you want to with Wrath 3? What natures do the Nephenees have? (If the Nephenee isn't something like +Spd/-Res or +Atk/-Res, go fodder her.)

And I think there is a thread for rather simple questions like this.

5 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

There will (well, may. I still have yet to pull one. Probably knows I only want her for Wrath fodder...) be other Nephenees. There are only two Marisas. And you can't pull more Marisas, while Nephenee is in the general pool and will probably end up on a Legendary banner at some point if she hasn't already (has she? I honestly don't recall). Plus, Marisa will probably improve appreciably with Wrath, if you want to use her, which I'm guessing you do since you're asking the question. Plus, I think you said you have two Nephenees? Is that the case? Because if it is, then you'll still have one left and really it's just down to deciding which Nephenee gets to stay with you until you need Wrath on someone else.

Actually, the first Nephenee was entirely for Libra... but she was +Spd/-HP, and I've always wanted a +Spd Nephenee. This would be my 4th Nephenee, but I killed the other three for fodder. I felt bad and wanted to get a second one so I could keep this one.

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Up to you. Is Marisa your waifu? Does she perform significantly better in the way you want to with Wrath 3? What natures do the Nephenees have? (If the Nephenee isn't something like +Spd/-Res or +Atk/-Res, go fodder her.)

Naw but I still really like her "concept" as a unit... a lot like Nephenee's, actually. Fast, tanky speedsters that rely on specials, take little damage and do massive damage out of them is really cool to me. They're very similiar. And yes, she should perform a lot better with Wrath (as would Nephenee, had she not had it). Even something as simple as Wrath Moonbow is already an extra +20 Dmg, but I'm going for Bonfire/Ignis + Flashing Blade.

45 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Naw but I still really like her "concept" as a unit... a lot like Nephenee's, actually. Fast, tanky speedsters that rely on specials, take little damage and do massive damage out of them is really cool to me. They're very similiar. And yes, she should perform a lot better with Wrath (as would Nephenee, had she not had it). Even something as simple as Wrath Moonbow is already an extra +20 Dmg, but I'm going for Bonfire/Ignis + Flashing Blade.

Selena basically does the same thing, but she has a lot more Res and is mergeable. If you're married to the concept and not the character, I'd rather spend expensive fodder on a mergeable unit, personally.

Fir is just straight up better with that concept though, kinda.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Selena basically does the same thing, but she has a lot more Res and is mergeable. If you're married to the concept and not the character, I'd rather spend expensive fodder on a mergeable unit, personally.

I'm married to the unit

Screenshot_2018-08-17-23-04-531.png

(okay not really but it's adorable)

Her pink hair is a lot funnier than some fake Miku wannabe. And she has +6 Atk at base, for whatever it's worth. Having like +10 HP on top of that isn't bad, either.

Fir is just straight up better with that concept though, kinda.

She's a lot more Res-orinented. I prefer physical tanks.

Edited by Junkhead

11 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Her pink hair is a lot funnier than some fake Miku wannabe

BOI I'LL KILL YOU

And she has +6 Atk at base, for whatever it's worth. Having like +10 HP on top of that isn't bad, either.

Selena has 2 more Def and 7 more Res, but since she also has natures, she can redistribute her stats to further her Def or close the Atk gap. Marisa has 6 more BST, but their performance at the same merge level is more or less equal.

She's a lot more Res-orinented. I prefer physical tanks.

She has 28/28 bulk with +Def -Res, if that floats your boat.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

BOI I'LL KILL YOU

Selena has 2 more Def and 7 more Res, but since she also has natures, she can redistribute her stats to further her Def or close the Atk gap. Marisa has 6 more BST, but their performance at the same merge level is more or less equal.

She has 28/31 bulk with a Def boon, so she can do both.

I know, dude. Just fucking with you.

Like, even running a quick 4*+10...she's retarded. I really do like the unit concept in itself, and those stats alone would interest me to use her sometime. I still prefer Marisa because personal preference and adorable hair.

waifu is laifu.

i'd had enough nephs to get her to like +6 but I"ve always had use for wrath fodder. Doesn't help that my sole acceptable neph I wound up with is +spd/-def and will likely be running slaying lance+LaD or something. (Unless I get a better one)

but yeah resources to faves. I sacked 3 5* units for my Grifa and 2 5* seasonals for my Canas. I don't even give a shit since it was totally worth it.

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

waifu is laifu.

i'd had enough nephs to get her to like +6 but I"ve always had use for wrath fodder. Doesn't help that my sole acceptable neph I wound up with is +spd/-def and will likely be running slaying lance+LaD or something. (Unless I get a better one)

but yeah resources to faves. I sacked 3 5* units for my Grifa and 2 5* seasonals for my Canas. I don't even give a shit since it was totally worth it.

but she isn't-

See, this guy knows. Don't know why people encourage you to save characters and have them sit there useless. AA is a thing, but there should be many other characters that can fill that role while you use characters for fodder for your actual favourites. I do it all the time.

4 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

but she isn't-

See, this guy knows. Don't know why people encourage you to save characters and have them sit there useless. AA is a thing, but there should be many other characters that can fill that role while you use characters for fodder for your actual favourites. I do it all the time.

i go through mooks in the barracks and see if someone's got an optimal nature.

then i build

it results in shit like getting Oboro to take steady stance 3, a slaying lance with +res refine, and being able to shitfuck everything.

I mean there's the obvious dudes like Ares/Soleil/Cordelia/Nino that are top tier for promotion priority just based on performance, but why not just invest in a fave that can function well enough. (Hello steady breath A!Tiki.)

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

i go through mooks in the barracks and see if someone's got an optimal nature.

then i build

it results in shit like getting Oboro to take steady stance 3, a slaying lance with +res refine, and being able to shitfuck everything.

I mean there's the obvious dudes like Ares/Soleil/Cordelia/Nino that are top tier for promotion priority just based on performance, but why not just invest in a fave that can function well enough. (Hello steady breath A!Tiki.)

please don't do L&D Nephenee

It physically hurts

As someone with a Marisa equipped with Wrath, I can confirm that she works wonders with it and that you won’t regret it.

I also gave her a Firesweep Sword and Life and Death, but that’s purely optional.

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

As someone with a Marisa equipped with Wrath, I can confirm that she works wonders with it and that you won’t regret it.

I also gave her a Firesweep Sword and Life and Death, but that’s purely optional.

I don't know why people opt to kill one of the more unique things she has going for her when running mostly offensive builds. I've seen a fair share of things like L&D + Moonbow, which essentially just makes her a lesser version of significantly better characters at the role (and I hate using this excuse). Her HP is massive, on top of competent-enough Def to which she can mix with good durability and strong Bonfire/Ignis shots (especially with Flashing Blade).

This is part of the reason why she can be so good with Wrath. Like Nephenee, she can sustain it through multiple encounters- enough that she can pull hard specials rather than wait to charge a Moonbow (which is likely what people with Karla & Ayra do).

At least with a Firesweep, she's not getting hit. As someone who's mixed Wrath + Firesweep, I can vouch it's a cool combo. Try Flashing Blade + Vengeance.

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

I don't know why people opt to kill one of the more unique things she has going for her when running mostly offensive builds. I've seen a fair share of things like L&D + Moonbow, which essentially just makes her a lesser version of significantly better characters at the role (and I hate using this excuse). Her HP is massive, on top of competent-enough Def to which she can mix with good durability and strong Bonfire/Ignis shots (especially with Flashing Blade).

This is part of the reason why she can be so good with Wrath. Like Nephenee, she can sustain it through multiple encounters- enough that she can pull hard specials rather than wait to charge a Moonbow (which is likely what people with Karla & Ayra do).

At least with a Firesweep, she's not getting hit. As someone who's mixed Wrath + Firesweep, I can vouch it's a cool combo. Try Flashing Blade + Vengeance.

The thing is that I’m very OCD with Attack power. In general I like my units to hit around 50 if they can help it. Anything between 49 and 46 is passable but not ideal, and 45 below really turns me off aside from some exceptions like some healers. Even with Life and Death equipped Marisa isn’t the worst defensively. She’ll just need to take one hit and then go ham afterwards.

Flashing Blade compliments her well, but I’ve never been keen on Vengeance (or Reprisal for that matter) . It’s too unreliable as the unit would have to be in dangerously low levels to get the most out of it. Even then damage isn’t too impressive because it’s only half the damage dealt to the unit. Now if it was in full it would be a different story, but I’m guessing that was never implemented because it could be broken on an armor unit or the like.

Seriously I don't understand, why Marisa was become from a walking papercut in FE8 into a bulk in Heroes with one of the highest HPs of infantry units combined with a really decent defense. 

That means Marisa is pretty good, also with wrath - despite I can't stand her. 

Though I only would sacrifice a Neph, if mine had bad natures, or I had multiple copies of her.

There's an own thread for questions like this:

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

I'm confused, is the Nephenee in question +SPD or not?

If +SPD, Marisa could wait for the next one.

If not, you are already used to kill Nephenee all love and important skills to the favs. 

Btw: Never got a Nephenee myself. 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Btw: Never got a Nephenee myself. 

I've heard this a decent amount so far, and I'm not sure why people make Wrath seem more exclusive than it is. It's a fairly rare skill, but I would've expected people to do most in their power to try and get it at least 1-2 out of the 5ish or so times she's been around. About every time she's been around, I sniped strategically to get it. Especially in this last one, where everyone was going "cyl this and that" and I was just saving for that one-day banner.

Yes, she's +Spd. Why is it not as big of a deal as something like +Def or something? Most people tend to waste her Spd on boring Steady Breath + Aether builds, anyway. That's something Lukas could do as well, and if not, better. Higher Atk, far higher HP & Def. Even his Res isn't all that shabby next to his HP. This seems to have all been true before the Refine, because at least you get +4 Spd/Def on Enemy Phase.